Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Aaron, Mike and Rob outside bitching about the food order being wrong, as far as amounts of chicken breast ordered (by Nikki).  Aaron totally being critical of Nikki, though if he ordered properly in the first place, they wouldn't need others to step in for ordering.

Aaron goes inside.

Mike commenting that "they" (the organic/gluten-free eaters) are just eating trendy, it isn't necessarily healthy. We need to worry about eating for survival.

Here i agree with Mike that they need to worry about eating enough calories before getting all their specialty/expensive foods.

Mike: I was hungry today because i ran out of my own food.

Rob: I was hungry today too.

Mike: Josh has been doing well with his tuna fish sandwiches (as far as having extra personal food available). I gotta look into that.

Rob: How much does that cost?

Mike: Very cheap.

I feel that Utopians going hungry is just more evidence of Aaron being epic fail as chef. Nikki may not order the exact amounts and may be eating (pointless) organic, but at least she is fair and is taking people's needs into consideration when she is buying.

Edited by corgi shieldmaiden
  • Love 4

They're having dinner. Looks like Aaron made the kind of 'build your own' burritos again. Everytime I seem to see them eating dinner it's always burritos - or stuff that gets made directly into burritos.

Aaron was pissed since Nikki only ordered like 1 or 2 packs of ground beef (I think they were 2lbs each) so they have very little beef for their burritos. He was telling Mike and Rob outside that she ordered a ton of chicken breasts that were already cut and then so little beef. I kind of get some of the irritation if she's ordering chicken breasts that are already cut. That's really not the best use of their funds - they should be buying whole birds and cutting them up - then whoever wants what part can have it (if they don't know how to cut them up then order them already cut as I don't think the price difference is too huge), but a whole bird saves a lot of money over just getting pre-cut breasts and they can use all parts of it, including the neck and carcass, and make soups and broths. These people should be cooking more soups/stews. They can make 2 batches - one vegetarian and one regular for most types pretty easily. Instead it's a rice and bean burrito fest there nearly every night.

ETA: I hadn't watched the feeds at all yesterday and today this is the first time I turned them on. When I first saw Mike from a distance I thought they had gotten a new female Utopian or that Kristen's hair was getting darker. He needs a haircut.

Still massive cleanliness issues from these guys. Nikki was cleaning the fridge, but she was using one of those grubby sponges that they use for a million other things. Amanda was meanwhile washing plates by just using her hand and water.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

They could do the same with pasta, lasagnes

This is a good point Andyourlittledog2. They could freeze pasta dishes - making a baked ziti or something (something you can also make vegetarian easily) is so super easy and they could make a couple of them at a time and keep them frozen for like a month and just throw them in the oven for dinner so Aaron wouldn't have to do whatever he calls "making a bunch of crap incorrectly on the stove" every night. I seem to hardly ever see them use the oven - it's like they only have the burners and are afraid of the oven.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2

I didn't hear Aaron's problem with the chicken and I didn't see what was actually delivered. Earlier today, he specifically asked for "the 3 pound bag of frozen chicken breast tenders" for around $8.98. I'm pretty sure Hex was on the phone, not Nikki, though. (he also asked for 3 "cloves" of garlic when Nikki was making the first list)

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 1

Aaron is as much of a cook as I am a brain surgeon. He just cooks stuff he knows how already and I don't believe for a minute that he studied anywhere under anyone at all. He's just faking it.

Yeah, I think the closest he's gotten to working in a restaurant kitchen was maybe as a dishwasher at one of those lower-end chain restaurants where everything comes out of cans or is frozen. It's not so much cooking as defrosting and heating. Or at a lot of those places even microwaving. He's probably really at a loss without a microwave. That may be why he's so afraid of the oven. He doesn't even know what those dials do and how long it takes to cook anything.

• Love 4

Aaron was pissed since Nikki only ordered like 1 or 2 packs of ground beef (I think they were 2lbs each) so they have very little beef for their burritos. He was telling Mike and Rob outside that she ordered a ton of chicken breasts that were already cut and then so little beef. I kind of get some of the irritation if she's ordering chicken breasts that are already cut. That's really not the best use of their funds - they should be buying whole birds and cutting them up - then whoever wants what part can have it (if they don't know how to cut them up then order them already cut as I don't think the price difference is too huge), but a whole bird saves a lot of money over just getting pre-cut breasts and they can use all parts of it, including the neck and carcass, and make soups and broths. These people should be cooking more soups/stews. They can make 2 batches - one vegetarian and one regular for most types pretty easily. Instead it's a rice and bean burrito fest there nearly every night

And kudos to Andy..littledog2 for actual menu suggestions as well - I can't quite get the double quoting thing tho' I will keep trying.  Honestly anyone who has cooked in situations where money is a bit sparse could turn out good meals with a minimum of money.  Burritos are certainly an ok option and they can be both vegatarian and meat loving, your choice.  That said, I think that more is needed.  Where are the pot roasts for instance. 

Someone above mentioned that they all grew up with fast food and , at the time I took the comment to be sarcastic, but I now believe that that is really true.  None of them have a memory of stew, pot roasts, chilis, soups or 'boiled dinners' (I'm Irish, I know from boiled dinners!).  They are clueless and beyond that stupid and beyond that controlled by production to show no initiative or creativity.

Why in god's name do they let Aaron continue to run the kitchen? Makes zero sense w/o production planning. 

These guys are lame and fame whores and actors and controlled and scripted.  Hope they have enjoyed the experience, it will be short.

• Love 6

I'm not a vegan, but wouldn't there be a limited amount of vegan prepared foods available?  Meaning, wouldn't vegans (or gluten-free, etc.) be more inclined to know how to cook from scratch?  The people I know in RL who have dietary restrictions do almost all of their own cooking.  These people (not just Aaron) act like they have no idea how to put a meal together.

• Love 5

Why are they not having at least one pasta/rice meal every day or every other day? Pasta/rice in bulk from Costco is super cheap! You can also get gluten free, as I have to have that now too. You could make a warm pasta salad with all the veg, olive oil, herbs, squeeze some lemon juice, some grated parm, tomatoes, olives, some chicken/shrimp/tuna if you have it. You could slice eggs into it. It can be reheated if you like it warm, or kept cold if you like it cold.  Not hard, and the pasta makes up the bulk of it, with all the variety of veg that you can add and the small amount of protein and cheese, it can really go a long way. When I cook, I always cook big, I could feed these guys on a limited budget. Make your own bread or biscuits!  You should see the vat of risotto I make when I get a hankering (literally eat it for a week). Soups could be made and then frozen. These guys have no clue at all and are too lazy to try. 

• Love 4

Jeez fried rice is an easy go to and cheap - uses smaller meat portions, can throw in all sorts of veggies, scrambled eggs always goes in mine and I use ramen seasoning packets on it if I need a flavor boost. Just take some out for the vegetarians before you add the meat.

Eta: my latest fixation is congee (or AKA jook, basically rice soup). I make a pot and am literally eating it breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very filling on a very modest amount and stupidly easy to make.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 6

Aaron is talking to someone outside (I think Kristen, but of as usual the feeds are fucked up and showing a different view than who is actually speaking) and talking about the animal abuse. Aaron says that it's not true and Bella and Josh blow it way out of proportion. He said if it were true Production would have reamed her or removed her or the Vets would have, especially if she were putting the little calf in a head lock. Complete morons. When the show is over in a week or two, hope they feel like assholes though that is unlikely given their personalities.

Aaron says the scales are still even with Bri as far as going home and that everything it tipping towards Red right now. That's hope this is not the case, but as I mentioned earlier the hospital thing doesn't bode well for Red as they will look at it as him not having to do work.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3
the hospital thing doesn't bode well for Red as they will look at it as him not having to do work.

Even if Red is at the hospital for six hours a day every day, he'd probably get more work done the rest of each day than Bri would get done in a month.

• Love 13

Aaron and Kristen continue to talk about who will go home. He says everyone wants to keep him as he's the one in the kitchen everyday. He said he has 3 people kind of against him but 3 people who like him. Kristen adds that those 12 are really solid with him and love him. Aaron says there are the "Big 3" there that no one will fuck with. Those people are Mike, Dede and Amanda. He said that he's really good with 2 of them so he should be fine.

Now talking about the fact that Nikki just lied about all his behavior at the vote this past weekend. Kristen says it was really out of line saying that Aaron was bullying and lying, etc.

These two are so full of their own shit. They need to go pretty quickly on the heals of Bri - Aaron in particular as I think Kristen will be a lot easier to deal with once Aaron is gone - she won't really have any friends.

• Love 3

All you guys are making good common sense suggestions for a decent, healthy diet.

I would contend that production doesn't want anything close to what average, normal, smart and creative people would do.  So they structured the entire thing via 'characters' the 'actors' should play - or some are actors and some are the most fringe people they could legally cast and then they waited - for the "drama" that would be ratings gold.

Too bad it is blowing up in their faces.

I would totally watch a bunch of real people with limited resources being challenged to survive and thrive.  Every group of people over three has had to figure a way to get along or die, thus was society/government born.  That would be interesting to watch.

My guess is they could not cast actual real people with brains and curiosity to participate, Most of those folks are employed and have families they support and do not choose to be gone from their lives.

So we get the mactors and the crazies and I get addicted to this forum 'cause you guys are clever and funny and wise and the show is stupid!

Just sayin'

• Love 10

Aaron and Kristen are so money obsessed. I know Red had his hang ups about money as well but these two would fight over a nickel in the street. Kristen said money/things is what motivates her. If she saw that Aaron was able to buy himself a mattress or something, she would want that to so she would go out and work to get it. She said that she refuses to live of off $30/week and she will hide her money and get thrown out for hiding money before she will go without. She said that if she was up for eviction, she would spend all of her money in her account.

Kristen asked Aaron if we think that the other people in Utopia look stupid. Aaron says Yes, definitely. Kristen is going to be shocked how many people are going to have the same thoughts. He says that he's sure at least 60% of people will say that they never liked Nikki. They are going to be in for a bit of a shock. Well, all of the Utopians are - especially when they pull the plug on the show sooner rather than later. I would love to see the look on their faces when the announcement is made.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

Okay, that's as much of Aaron's endless holding forth on his pearls of wisdom and shit talking that I can handle. I'm surprised I lasted this long.

I'm right there with you Andyourlittledog2!  I can't take the sounds of Aaron's voice anymore and his constant need to sound so pissed off and having to punctuate everything with obscenities.

Okay, Hex just asked Taylor to please remind her to take a shower tomorrow. Like a full shower with shaving and everything. Why does someone have to remind her to keep herself clean and groomed? How lazy are these people?

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

What in god's name did production/casting tell these people was the purpose of the show?

'Cause what they are doing and what the show said they would be doing bear no relationship to one another.

Could this be a massive "communication breakdown" orchestrated by production?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Has anyone contacted TMZ?  This show is about the level of what they cover.  To be fair to TMZ, they usually cover higher profile shows.

• Love 3

Mike/Aaron/Taylor talk - Amanda will want to go home a month after the baby's born, and they don't want to pay for her nanny(?).

HUH?   A nanny is what you need when you work full time and have nobody at home to watch the baby.  My thought was a mom with a new baby would have no chores  for a while, and then be assigned chores she could do with the baby in some kind of baby-sling. 

Aaron said, "He's literally trying to castrate me in front of the group." 

uh, huh.  Literally.   Well, ratings are down, Aaron, so FOX has decided to sacrifice your balls.  It's for the good of the group.

• Love 10

Bri and Chris are outside talking about her inviting Aaron for a 'sleepover' or 'threesome' that caused their little spat. I tuned in a bit late, but one of the first things I heard Chris say is that he was upset about it because it affected 'his dick.' Whoever said earlier that Chris was like two people is right. He's one way with Bri but then another thing when he's with that baby calf feeding her and playing with her getting her to run a bit and hop and things. I also seriously question him as a person given that he picked Bri to begin with. If he would stay broken up with her maybe I could cut him a little more slack. He is saying he doesn't know what to do right now regarding her. Bri said she says and does things impulsively and laying her head in Aaron's lap and saying what she did didn't seem like a big deal to her at all.

Oh for crying out loud - Bri was talking about suicide in front of the cameras and what not at one point and Chris said that was something that really concerned him. She said she's not sure, but it was something that popped into her mind. Chris said "Well why would you tell other people though?" Then of course they cut sound. Maybe he's getting a clue about her being all for show/drama and her constant need for attention.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

FYI:  Bri was gone most of the evening.  Per the chats on the live feed, when Bri returned she was holding a Coke.  Chris saw her and said, "you've been seeing that lady?"  Most of the posters took that to mean she had been talking to a psychiatrist or a counselor.  We can only hope.................

So we have Topes being summoned into the transmission room for their daily orders and now there's a psychotherapist back there too? Who or what else is hiding out back there?

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 1

I have Chris and Bri on my screen. They are reviewing their romance. The only time I saw Aaron was when he walked by and asked if they wanted the lamp he was carrying. Kristen might have been walking with him.

Did the aliens land?

ETA: whoops, I felt alone watching Bri and Chris all by myself. ;-)

He already told her he would never vote for her. It seems they have been outside as long as Aaron and Kristen.

Edited by MissMel

I think unless Production gives Red immunity due to his medical issue this week or severely tries to manipulate things he might be done for. Even if they give him immunity this week, ....

why in the world would anyone give red immunity?     he intentionally put himself at risk.      he was not in the top two, then he ASKED to be in the top two (at risk).

I have not heard a good reason why he did that.     but he did it.      IMO, he wants to leave, but for some reason he wants to be booted off instead of just walking off.

All you guys are making good common sense suggestions for a decent, healthy diet.

I would contend that production doesn't want anything close to what average, normal, smart and creative people would do.  So they structured the entire thing via 'characters' the 'actors' should play - or some are actors and some are the most fringe people they could legally cast and then they waited - for the "drama" that would be ratings gold.

Too bad it is blowing up in their faces.

I would totally watch a bunch of real people with limited resources being challenged to survive and thrive.  Every group of people over three has had to figure a way to get along or die, thus was society/government born.  That would be interesting to watch.

My guess is they could not cast actual real people with brains and curiosity to participate, Most of those folks are employed and have families they support and do not choose to be gone from their lives.

So we get the mactors and the crazies and I get addicted to this forum 'cause you guys are clever and funny and wise and the show is stupid!

Just sayin'

This. A thousand times, this is it exactly! Either they fundamentally had a flawed vision of this show- which I believe is the case, and are finding out the audience isn't there- or the casting decisions kneecapped a promising show beyond recovery.

I still am convinced that the comparatively sane and normal Pastor Jon- remember him?- since he obviously was aware of his recent thumb injury, intentionally engineered his own eviction when he realized this place was Crazy Central. Who with a recent thumb injury, at his age, decides to play barehand overhand long toss with Josh, who happens to be a strapping 6-foot plus athletic man who also was once been drafted by the Chicago White Sox (admittedly 26th round, and he never played, but he was a pitcher in college so he can presumably throw pretty hard)?!? I'll tell you who: someone who wanted off the show, but had some reason to want an injury pass home instead of just walking.

Whatever. I guess it's just not in FOX's corporate DNA to imagine a reality show succeeding without trawling for the worst people you could find.

• Love 1

So we have Topes being summoned into the transmission room for their daily orders and now there's a psychotherapist back there too? Who or what else is hiding out back there?

My guess is either a Kraken, Cthulu, a vortex to Zuul, or a Fox Executive.

• Love 10

Mike and Aaron meet to plan a counter attack on Red's claims.  Aaron said, "He's literally trying to castrate me in front of the group."  They think Red will be voted out unanimously.

Sooooo, they'll lie through their teeth?

And I would like Aaron to learn the difference between "literally" and "figuratively" through castration. 

Bri having a heart-to-heart with Amanda--"I was so surprised when you voted for me."  Amanda told her it was between Bri, Bella and Aaron until they were given specific rules for the vote--it had to be the person who contributed the least to the group "and for me, that was you Bri."  Bri told her that she should vote for Red but Amanda is torn, wants to vote for the right reason and Red is taking good care of the animals.  Bri--"I have so many businesses to grow, I'm brimming with business ideas."  Says she has ordered all she needs to package and sell her Bri-chinos--labels, packaging and ingredients and that Aaron has agreed to help her and Kristen will be doing the marketing.  I will take this time to offer a free public announcement--IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE DO NOT ORDER BRI-CHINOS! TWO OF THE DIRTIEST, SLEAZIEST PEOPLE IN UTOPIA WILL BE PACKAGING THE INGREDIENTS IN THE DIRTIEST ENVIRONMENT KNOWN TO MAN.  Ok, now that's done, I can proceed.  Aaron apparently holds licensing for packaging and mailing food products, called a Cottage A and B license.  However, Bri refers to these as "cottage cheese A and B licenses."  Anyway, Bri tells Amanda that her whole scope of existence is to provide for the group.  "If I have $10 and the group needs it, I'll say 'here it is.'  Just give me 10 cents for a can of dog food to eat for myself."  Amanda-"Dog Food???"  Bri--"yes, I was hungry one day and all we had was a can of dog food.  I put salt, pepper and sriracha sauce on it and it was pretty good."  She went on to say that last night, she went to bed late and Nikki and Hex had the blanket and she couldn't get any of it.  "I just wrapped up in my coat, I wouldn't take the blanket from them.  That's how I am."  

What in the hell is a Bri-chino?

And that girl wouldn't know an altruistic thought if it beat her over the head.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 2

When I first read that was one of her "business" ideas, I thought she meant some kind of pants, as in I bought this new pair of chinos at the Gap.  Then I thought maybe they were chinos with rip-away crotch or they were somehow infused with an STD antibiotic.  But then I realized it couldn't be because I don't think Bri knows what pants are or how to keep a pair on.

• Love 8

A Bri-chino is a coffee that Bri makes from some mixture of cinnamon and...I don't know what. She wants to package the dry ingredients, including instant coffee, and sell it in paper bags with pretty labels on it to the public. Later, when Chris gets his kiln (she thinks it will be soon) Chris will blow her pretty bottles to put it in. Bella will make her labels. Kristen will set up marketing or something, and Aaron has said he will use his Cottage A and B licenses to allow her to sell it.  All these people will do this for free, they don't want to charge her a thing (she says). But Bri is so good that she insists on paying them anyway.  

She thinks people will pay for that?  My grandmother used to put cinnamon in her coffee - it's not an unheard of thing.

I think Bella is a nutter, she looks positively sane compared to Bri.

• Love 2

I think it's some kind of brain tumor.

This is one of the truly delusional ideas to come out of Bri -- despite not knowing anything about coffee (she's a vet aide, dontcha know), she wants to sell baggies that are pre-filled with instant coffee, powdered milk and sugar on the web.  No one if their right mind would buy anything food or drink related from that place -- it's basically a cesspool disguised as a kitchen at this point.  Have you seen all the flies in the kitchen on the live feeds ?  And she seems to somehow think there will be demand for it since SHE made it, and that people will pay big bucks for it.

To borrow from a cutaway scene of Family Guy's Peter Griffin about Christina Aguilera

Peter Griffin: OK. Uh-uh, le-let me just go ahead and stop you right there. Y-You sound terrible, alright? Y-You're doing this thing [waves hand] which is ju-just - I - I - wha-what the hell is that? I mean - and you look like if I touched you, you'd be sticky, and frankly you smell bad. You're pretty much offensive to all five senses.

Christina Aguilera: That's only four.

Peter Griffin: Well. A-Actually, you know when you smell something and it gets stuck in there and you can sort of taste it? Yeah. Well, I'm-I'm tasting you right now, and it tastes awful. Truly disgusting, like salty garbage.

Christina Aguilera: *licks own armpit* Yeah! I totally taste it!

Putting the singing aside, I imagine the rest of it pretty much applies to Bri as she rarely washes (let alone after nocturnal activities with Chris) -- would you want someone like that packaging your morning coffee, complete with a dash of fly spec and dried smegma from all the handjobs she gives Chris ?

It's bad enough that ShadyChef rarely washes his hands and double-dips the food he's cooking (has he never seen Seinfeld ?). I'm just surprised they all haven't come down with food poisoning yet, let alone malnutrition.

ETA: @Andyourlittledog2 beat me to it.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

They are a pretty unlikable bunch aren't they.  Makes you wonder where casting found them.

It's bad enough that people are just plain lazy and nothing seems to get accomplished towards building the basic infrastructure for living comfortably (except for Josh), but when you have people actively working against the group like Mike (stealing and cooking the books) or intentionally stirring shit up like Rob (who I'm convinced is actually working for production) or Aaron/Kristen who are also stealing from the group or Red's daily threat to quit (to get attention) or Aaron who uses food control to reward/punish people,  nothing ever seems to get done or move forward.

Reading on the live feed updates, Kristen wants to get a separate Paypal account so that they (Kristen and Aaron) can buy stuff with money they steal from the group and have things sent to her and Aaron's real homes.  Who does that ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

This is one of the truly delusional ideas to come out of Bri -- despite not knowing anything about coffee (she's a vet aide, dontcha know), she wants to sell baggies that are pre-filled with instant coffee, powdered milk and sugar on the web.

Not even multi-billion-dollar global food industry powerhouses like Nestlé, with massive teams of researchers at their disposal can make a "fancy instant coffee" sachet that tastes good.

The idea that they could sell such a thing out of their hovel, in a world where you can get fresh espresso straight from beans on every street corner, and in every apartment block is completely bonkers.

• Love 6

Reading on the live feed updates, Kristen wants to get a separate Paypal account so that they (Kristen and Aaron) can buy stuff with money they steal from the group and have things sent to her and Aaron's real homes.  Who does that ?

Thieves, scam artists? Residents of Mos Eisley?

• Love 2

A Bri-chino is a coffee that Bri makes from some mixture of cinnamon and...I don't know what. She wants to package the dry ingredients, including instant coffee

Ummm Bri?  That is marketed under the name General Foods International Cafe Vienna.

This group of people is so harsh and judgmental and unforgiving. No one makes an innocent mistake, they are immediately denounced as 'fucking idiots' who must be removed!!!!!  The slightest misstep, the merest whisper of an error and they are pounced upon by the herd. And if they don't make a mistake but are in someone's way, then they just make shit up to slander them. And folks believe the slander because they are the kind of people who always believe the worst about each other, no questions asked.

Well if that's the way you feel, don't come to the boards! 

I kid I kid...this really is Lord of the Flies.  Well, Lord of the Flies and Maggots.

• Love 12
  1. I kid I kid...this really is Lord of the Flies.  Well, Lord of the Flies and Maggots.

I'm undecided on which snappy joke to use here. Maybe you should vote?

1. It can be two things!
  2. Well, if you're going to carrion like that, I'm going to larvae.
  3. Maggot Bar Mitzvah: maggots becoming flies, flies becoming wolves.
  4. My fly's breath smells like maggot food!
Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 7

Reading on the live feed updates, Kristen wants to get a separate Paypal account so that they (Kristen and Aaron) can buy stuff with money they steal from the group and have things sent to her and Aaron's real homes.  Who does that 

They are pretty vile, aren't they?

How would they even do that?  I thought production limited what sites they can access on the computer.  

I am amazed that no one has said/done anything about DeDe and Mike's embezzlement; that's the problem when you let one person take charge of a specific function - no accountability.  There should be two individuals (who are NOT having sex with each other) in charge of maintaining the accounts.  Furthermore, that job should be rotated and visible - anyone at any time should be able to see the ledger. 

The best part is that some of these folks are committing crimes while being video taped 24/7 so that there is plenty of evidence of their intention and their actions.

Are there any consequences (other than looking like a major idiot and possible inability to find gainful employment) for their actions (stealing/threats/animal abuse) once they leave the compound or is it a "what happens in Utopia stays in Utopia" kind of thing?  

• Love 2

I was just reminded, yesterday Nikki told someone (forget who) that she looked at the pioneers website for the utopia experience and Kristen only had pictures of her and Aaron on the website, none of anyone else of the cast.  

My suspicion is that once this is over Aaron and Kristen will fake hook up and make a pitch for Couples Therapy or some other reality show. They are not about anything but money and fame. For themselves alone. 

Mike's government starts tomorrow.  You can pretty much kiss Kristen's raw capitalism economy goodbye then. And then Aaron and Kristen have stated to each other that they will simply steal money from the group and lie about it.  'I'm not living on thirty dollars a week!' she cried snippily.  

Because Aaron and Kristen are above that, folks. These peons won't keep them down. (My words)

Wait, this is $30 a week on top of what the group spends on community meals?  This $30 is not used to pay for rent, utilities, internet access, vet bills, animal feed, or two meals a day; and she can't survive?  

Sheesh, there are times when I made a $30 budget (after paying my rent, insurance, utilities) last weeks.  As much as I like my treats, I don't NEED them.  What I need is basic foodstuff: oats, barley, corn, rice, veggies, protein. 

• Love 5

Reading on the live feed updates, Kristen wants to get a separate Paypal account so that they (Kristen and Aaron) can buy stuff with money they steal from the group and have things sent to her and Aaron's real homes.  Who does that?

Are there any consequences (other than looking like a major idiot and possible inability to find gainful employment) for their actions (stealing/threats/animal abuse) once they leave the compound or is it a "what happens in Utopia stays in Utopia" kind of thing?

For a marketing expert, Kristen really isn't marketing herself that well.  And Mike isn't really giving himself much of a defendable position for his stealing.  I'm not expecting sterling ethics out of an attorney, but I would expect a stealing effort to have a little more sophistication.  Mike gives white collar criminals a bad name.

• Love 4