Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Does One Door Close And Another Door Open?

DanaK
  • Start Topic

05/24/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Shocking information threatens Jack Dayton's surgery and the future of OR 2.0. Archer goes rogue to save a patient in need. Maggie questions her future at Med.

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, so long Dr. Halstead.  If he’s really leaving.  This happened before, right?  Poor thing.  

Was that the season finale?  

Yes, it was the finale. I’ll miss him if he’s really gone, though given the sendoff he got, it’s probably true since the character reunited with old girlfriend Natalie. He was a putz at times but I mostly liked him. But wow at Will and Dr. Song sabotaging 2.0, though I can see Will at least considering it, but Song joining in was really a surprise. And Jack is now ruined and has to sell the hospital, which could be worse or better than being owned by Jack. Some good threads being set up for next season. Can Med go back to being the kind of hospital it was before?

• Like 3

When I saw that Will was in Seattle, I thought 'hey, they're short-handed at Grey-Sloane Memorial Hospital. He could get a job there'.  But, oops, wrong network and wrong show ('Grey's Anatomy').  I guess the character is really leaving.

I didn't like that it took sabotage to get 2.0 shut down.  I was hoping that it just made an incorrect diagnosis on its own (although if I had written it that way, I would have made it more dramatic and had 2.0 do something drastic like totally cut the power when its directives weren't being followed so that Crocker would have to operate by flashlight).

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the hospital.  Would it be possible for it to go back to being a county hospital?  (That's what it was before, right?)

• LOL 3

So, why does Lilianna take her brother with her every time she comes to the hospital? Take a bus and leave him at home.  It’s as if she’s trying to annoy Dr. Charles.  Ugh….

So, I guess Maggie isn’t leaving after all.  

• Like 2

It was complete security fraud to continue the IPO without disclosing critical information.

That would have been the logical step to force putting the brakes on 2.0 . 

Jack is facing serious civil and potentially criminal liability for withholding the information 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, amarante said:

Jack is facing serious civil and potentially criminal liability for withholding the information 

Jack is a total pompous ass.

• Like 6

I think Maggie has been begged to stay enough.  Maybe, they left it open so that if she doesn’t return, the groundwork was laid. 

I’ll be disappointed if they return to Lilianna living with Dr. Charles and brother camping out on the couch antagonizing him per his normal behavior.  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Maggie has been begged to stay enough.  Maybe, they left it open so that if she doesn’t return, the groundwork was laid. 

Agreed. The actor has cancer IRL, and it sounded quite bad over the winter, although she's looking a lot better now. I hope she pulls through and wishes to stay on the show. But she's one I'll miss if she leaves.

The rest of that mess? Meh. Bye, Will. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Didn’t see Halstead leaving .  I’ll actually miss him and his red hair.  Sounds like he wants to get into directing.

They seemed to focus on the helicopter doc.  Wonder if he won’t be worked into the show.  

Sorry I’ve always thought Asher liked Dr archer. I know the age difference is big but she’s always seemed a bit too friendly with him.  Hope he stays for next season.

liliana and the brother weird dynamic.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, jabRI said:

I don't know why they thought Natalie would be such a happy ending for the fans.

Since I found Natalie insufferable, I considered the send off painful.  Poor guy.  I would have rather gone out in a tragic way if given that option, though I realize he wanted to avoid dying, so he can return later for special appearances.  

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Since I found Natalie insufferable, I considered the send off painful.  Poor guy.  I would have rather gone out in a tragic way if given that option, though I realize he wanted to avoid dying, so he can return later for special appearances.  

so, he leaves with Natalie

he realizes after a while living with her that she's not good for him and he comes back

problem solved

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, Norma Desmond said:

I don't understand why someone would leave a cushy, safe job, especially in an unstable profession like acting

It's not like there are hundreds of roles out there for Nick Gehlfuss

I don’t get it either.  Leaving a stable job like that?  Idk.  Maybe, he’s already been offered something else.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t get it either.  Leaving a stable job like that?  Idk.  Maybe, he’s already been offered something else.  

Like he said in one of the articles, he sounds like he wants to try new things as an actor and given he’s spent 8 years on Med, he felt it was time to move on to other things

54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Shelly Long said something like that too when she left Cheers.,

And David Caruso went he left nypd blue...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Norma Desmond said:

I don't understand why someone would leave a cushy, safe job, especially in an unstable profession like acting

Just like potential character deaths on the other two One Chicago shows, I think this one may be budget related. These are old and expensive shows to produce and they were given a budget of X per season or X per episode. My hunch is they approached Nick and asked for a salary reduction and he refused. So instead they both make it look like his leaving is voluntary. I could be way off base, but I really don't think so.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

These are old and expensive shows to produce and they were given a budget of X per season or X per episode. My hunch is they approached Nick and asked for a salary reduction and he refused. So instead they both make it look like his leaving is voluntary.

Yes, this sounds more like it. Kelli Giddish, Jesse Lee Soffer and Colin Donnell were downright fired, right? I don't think any of these actors had much choice as to whether stay or leave.

On 5/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The scene was painful for me because the actor who played Owen was really bad. I assumed he must have been related to the producer or director.

I'm guessing that Dr. Charles is not inviting the brother to live with him too.  There will be problems.

I wasn't a fan of Natalie, but since Dr. Halstead is, I was happy with the ending.

• Like 3

Were they trying to recreate the ER storyline where Carol Hathaway leaves Cook County General to move to Seattle to be with Doug Ross? If so, then … LOL. 

• LOL 5
On 6/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, Sake614 said:

I don’t think Giddish was fired. Especially since the season finale makes it look like she’s coming back to SVU next season

Maybe she will learn how to brush her hair, drives me crazy!

• LOL 1
On 5/24/2023 at 9:16 PM, DanaK said:

Can Med go back to being the kind of hospital it was before?

You mean judgy? Well, since Red Halstead, Ethan and Natalie are all gone, probably not.

Seriously, I miss Big Red (remember when Maggie tried to make that happen?), but I will not miss Jack. I was waiting for the other entitled evil shoe to drop through his whole storyline.