Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: One Hand Does Not Clap

• Start Topic

Nicole makes a like-minded friend; Jen and Rishi reunite in India; Gabe has a heart-to-heart with Isabel's dad; financial fears send Kris back to the U.S.; Oussama romances Debbie with a poem; Yohan threatens consequences if Daniele sees her ex.

First Look: 07/04/23; TLC: 09/04/23; Discovery+: 09/04/23;

• Like 2

Nicole meets a modern Muslim lady/yoga teacher who tells her about the culture and how different life is living in New Cairo. She currently lives in a very conservative area. Nicole uses the air conditioner 24/7. She wants to find her own apartment but Mahmoud isn’t too happy about it. Nicole, find a wealthier Egyptian man and life will be like living in Dubai….

Gabe meets with Isabel’s dad to have a chat. What a lovely lovely man. So far. He sees the old photos of Gabe as a girl, does not publicly pass any judgment,  and probably could sense the pain he carried, and offers him acceptance, love and support. Gabe, don’t muck this up. Gabe asks him if h can ask Isabel to marry him. After a bit of drama, he gives permission.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Contrary to what we saw last week…

Fast forward to Nicole living in Egypt for FOUR MONTHS! She spends all day in her room and doesn’t go anywhere but she and Mahmoud are getting along because they DON’T TALK ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS. 
sounds like a fun life…

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Fast forward to Nicole living in Egypt for FOUR MONTHS! She spends all day in her room and doesn’t go anywhere but she and Mahmoud are getting along because they DON’T TALK ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS. 
sounds like a fun life…

And I didn’t realize….they’ve been married 2 years!?!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And I didn’t realize….they’ve been married 2 years!?!

At least. She met him on a vacation, went home to California then returned to Egypt and married him. She couldn’t handle life as a Muslim wife so she only lasted a few months before fleeing back to LA. This is her second rodeo and nobody can figure out why THIS time she thinks things are going to be different while absolutely nothing has changed on Mahmoud’s part and they still have huge cultural differences 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Unless Nicole changes, things will be the same. I would give myself six months to adapt to my new culture and customs and if I was still unhappy or hated everything about it, leave and divorce. I can love the guy, but I need to be true to myself.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Unless Nicole changes, things will be the same. I would give myself six months to adapt to my new culture and customs and if I was still unhappy or hated everything about it, leave and divorce. I can love the guy, but I need to be true to myself.

Especially when Mahmoud says he absolutely will NOT change his stance on things and she replies that neither will she. There's no compromise there. I think her first attempt to adapt to Egyptian life lasted less than six months before she returned to the US. 

Now she's been there for four months and hasn't gone anywhere outside of his local, extremely restrictive neighborhood and doesn't even realize there's a whole other half of Cairo where life would be more like she's used to? 

edited to add: Who moves to a new country and doesn't explore it? I would be begging my new husband to show me the sights, if not the entire country at least the REST OF HIS CITY? Has Mahmoud himself even visited the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Nile, etc or has he never strayed beyond his fabric store? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

sounds like a fun life…

While mom is always sitting on the couch in the next room staring into space.  Read a book, take up needlepoint or something.

Was that some filthy stray cat rubbing up against the meditation instructor’s back?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

While mom is always sitting on the couch in the next room staring into space.  Read a book, take up needlepoint or something.

how about LEARN THE LANGUAGE, FFS! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I was talking about mom but agreed.

oh, got it. Maybe Mother Mahmoud can't READ? But she certainly could do SOMETHING else besides sitting there, like teaching Nicole how to make Mahmoud's favorite dishes? 

11 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Was that some filthy stray cat rubbing up against the meditation instructor’s back?

yes it was! Probably the same cat they showed in the intro. Might be a descendant of some Pharoah's Cat God. image.png.17ae72aa804efc97e7d109e73989674f.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

oh, got it. Maybe Mother Mahmoud can't READ? But she certainly could do SOMETHING else besides sitting there, like teaching Nicole how to make Mahmoud's favorite dishes? 

yes it was! Probably the same cat they showed in the intro. Might be a descendant of some Pharoah's Cat God. image.png.17ae72aa804efc97e7d109e73989674f.png

Guess they don’t have fleas over there or the instructor doesn’t mind.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Especially when Mahmoud says he absolutely will NOT change his stance on things and she replies that neither will she. There's no compromise there. I think her first attempt to adapt to Egyptian life lasted less than six months before she returned to the US. 

Now she's been there for four months and hasn't gone anywhere outside of his local, extremely restrictive neighborhood and doesn't even realize there's a whole other half of Cairo where life would be more like she's used to? 

edited to add: Who moves to a new country and doesn't explore it? I would be begging my new husband to show me the sights, if not the entire country at least the REST OF HIS CITY? Has Mahmoud himself even visited the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Nile, etc or has he never strayed beyond his fabric store? 

I wouldn’t have rushed in to marrying a man I barely knew. I only know a little about Islam and the Muslim culture, mainly through coworkers and friends and some research, watching the news, tv shows, etc. Nicole didn’t ask any questions and just converted. Surely she had some idea that her life would change.

She and Mahmoud couldn’t take a bus to New Cairo and see some of the city? Visit the Egyptian Museum? Visit some of the beautiful mosques? I would like to know more about my new city than just a four block radius. He may not like that she sees more of what is out there and wants much more.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm willing to bet Mahmoud has never set foot in a museum in his life. Keeping Nicole confined to his neighborhood will keep her from finding out there are more options for living in Cairo than he wants her to know. Also, he probably considers New Cairo a dangerous, sinful place. 

It was my dream for many years to see the Great Pyramid of Giza and I had the opportunity in 2015 when I went on a Mediterranean Cruise that docked in Alexandria for two nights. On our free day, most passengers took a bus tour to Cairo and the Pyramid and some even chose to stay overnight at a really fancy hotel. I have to say the day was rather disturbing. We had to travel in an armed convoy of about 20 buses to avoid hijacking and most of the way there the guide lectured us on what we should and shouldn't do off the bus. Like if someone pressed a box of something in your hands and said it was a gift, you should drop it immediately because it wasn't really free and they wouldn't take "no" for an answer and wanted payment. If you wanted to go on a camel ride, she would take you to an approved camel ride rental because there were agressive and unscrupulous people offering rides that took tourists out in the desert then demanded more money to bring you back! Don't think the cops were going to help you, either, because they were corrupt. Beggars and pickpockets were everywhere. The Pyramid itself was used as a urinal. I guess I'm just relating all this because maybe Mahmoud actually is concerned for her safety, not just keeping her stuck in his childhood bedroom. 
edited to add this photo. We were warned not to take photos of the people but I was lining up a shot when this “camel cop” pulled  into to view, stopped his camel and posed for me. I tried to wave him away but he wouldn’t move, so I took a quick picture then started to walk away. He started calling after me, “La-dee, la-dee” but I kept walking like I didn’t hear him. 

F6453DD1-7A06-4430-965C-BBC49A96A298.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

I don’t think things are as simple as just visiting the less restrictive side of Cairo.   His family embraces the restrictions.   I don’t think they would be understanding of forays, let alone living, on the less restrictive side of town.  The more restrictive sects of ANT religion is generally not accepting of the less restrictive views (refer certain Christian denominations).  My sister converted to JW.  You could not wish her happy birthday and if she heard Christmas music, she had to leave the location.  Compromise isn’t always possible. 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

I think I'm more careful when I'm going out of state than Kris is in moving to another country.  I'm making sure my bank card doesn't get frozen, I have a supply of cash, and extra medicine.  For a foreign country, I have the original bottles and the prescription-and cash in the other country's currency for at least a day or so.   Good Lord, I wouldn't open a lemonade stand with this woman, much less a $20,000 investment in a food truck.  And why isn't Jeymi going to work?  I sense her dream life wasn't in operating the zombie truck with this weird Alabama woman.

Close behind Kris in the disorganization Olympics is Jen, with the visa issue.  The bigger issue is that Rishi is 1000% a player.  I don't condone what her muck-stirring friend did, but he's shown the flapping red towels before this-and Jen went back!  Does anyone really believe he'll tell his family in August?  What if the astrologer had said "Hey, go now!  Perfect timing!"?

I have a great idea on how to navigate a challenging relationship-just don't talk about your problems, ever, and keep saying "I wuv you so much, honeybunch", even if you have to clench your teeth to say it, dammit.  Oh that's going to be really healthy in the long run.  I think I love Nouran, but I'm genuinely concerned about when Mackmood and Nicole get home alone and the blowout fight sure to come.  Mackmood doesn't want a Nouran-he wants the compliant little woman wrapped up like a Christmas gift, content to sit at home and not get a man steamed up over her ankles, ever.  He wants a wife like his sister-in-law from last week, totally devoid of personality of her own.

Gabe and Isabel are almost boring, they're doing everything right. Well, they're going to have some bumps due to Gabe's overthinking and his own penchant for disorganization.

I asked my husband how he would feel if I wanted to have lunch with an ex.  He pointed out that any ex of mine is at least 30 years ago, and far from the flames of passion, it would be more like whipping out phones for pics of the grandkids.  He really wouldn't care and would trust me.  The difference is that I'm not an emasculating bitch like Danielle,  who is the most vile woman I've seen even on this show in a good minute.  She's not even capable of humor or some tender moments, like Larissa or Anfisa.  Hell, not even a shade of vulnerability once in a while like Grangela.   That doesn't mean I'm a huge fan of the alpha male act , but she doesn't ever consider his feelings.

• Like 11
  • Applause 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AR Traveler said:

I wouldn't open a lemonade stand with this woman, much less a $20,000 investment in a food truck. 

I wonder what Kris thought a truck with a fully operational kitchen would cost.  $500?  The prices were lower than I expected, especially when the buyer is an American who often gets quoted jacked-up prices in other countries.  I didn’t understand if they were going to sell American and Venezuelan food side by side or some odd fusion.  And is there a market for that kind of cuisine in Colombia?  As far as Kris wanting to know what the ingredients cost before deciding which truck to buy, I’m not sure why that would matter.  The business is either viable or not regardless of the size of the truck.

Not only is Rishi not ripped, he was looking pretty doughy for a personal trainer.  So the pics that he’s sending out are outdated and borderline catfish.

• Like 15
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

LOL at Nicole so happy at how Mahmoud reacted to her new friend vs his actual reaction of disgust and determination to keep her bad influence away from Nicole.  

eta. As someone pointed out above, Rishi is kind of doughy to be a fitness trainer or model.  It could be that male standards are different in India but I think it is more likely that Rishi is all talk and no action and that his modelling career isn’t very successful.   He is good looking and has nice hair, but when have we ever seen him actually modelling…runway? Print?   Nothing.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 5
  • LOL 8
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder what Kris thought a truck with a fully operational kitchen would cost.  $500?  The prices were lower than I expected, especially when the buyer is an American who often gets quoted jacked-up prices in other countries.  I didn’t understand if they were going to sell American and Venezuelan food side by side or some odd fusion.  And is there a market for that kind of cuisine in Colombia?  As far as Kris wanting to know what the ingredients cost before deciding which truck to buy, I’m not sure why that would matter.  The business is either viable or not regardless of the size of the truck.

He did say the smaller truck could handle hamburgers *and* hotdogs, so I think they have American cuisine covered.  That would imply that that's not a terribly unique idea, though.  Go figure.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Nicole's and Mahmoud's meal besides the highway!  Nothing like exhaust and dust with your hummus.

Yes, but you'd have to admit, it was in a perfect location for a relationship based on Da Nile!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14

I know they're sweet and boring (so far) but I think Gabe & Isabel are on this season to counteract the awfulness of Danielle. They are a palette cleanser.

I was in Cairo for 10 days a few years ago and the cats do come up to you looking for food and pets. They are dirty and have fleas like strays here, so you just stay careful not to pick them up and hug them. A friend I met there had just brought one inside to be her pet and it took a few baths to get it cleaned up.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

LOL at Nicole so happy at how Mahmoud reacted to her new friend vs his actual reaction of disgust and determination to keep her bad influence away from Nicole.

She was so proud of him like he was a child who behaved in a grown up setting. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, magemaud said:

It was my dream for many years to see the Great Pyramid of Giza and I had the opportunity in 2015 when I went on a Mediterranean Cruise that docked in Alexandria for two nights. On our free day, most passengers took a bus tour to Cairo and the Pyramid and some even chose to stay overnight at a really fancy hotel. I have to say the day was rather disturbing. We had to travel in an armed convoy of about 20 buses to avoid hijacking and most of the way there the guide lectured us on what we should and shouldn't do off the bus.

The reason contemporary photos of the Pyramids of Giza all look the same is because there's only one good angle to shoot a picture from. If you try a reverse angle, the houses and apartment buildings a few blocks away from the pyramids will be prominently shown. The Egyptian tourism people would like us to believe the pyramids are far, far away from civilization when that simply is not the case.

5 hours ago, anoninrva said:

He did say the smaller truck could handle hamburgers *and* hotdogs, so I think they have American cuisine covered.  That would imply that that's not a terribly unique idea, though.  Go figure.

Has Kris never watched a restaurant renovation show? Restaurants (and a food truck is nothing more than mobile restaurant) are a giant money pit if you don't know what you're doing, which Kris and Jeymi totally don't.

Meanwhile:

Why would anyone volunteer to have hot oil dripped on their heads? How many hours in the shower and bottles of shampoo will it take to get that crap out? And while I think Rishi is a total player, I cannot STAND "Gotcha!" questions like Jen is asking. If you have something to say, say it. Don't ask leading questions designed to trap him into an answer. This is 90-Day Fiancé, not Perry Mason.

Anyone else get the feeling that Nicole would love to open her chakras to Nouran, if you catch my drift? The two of them had way more chemistry than Nicole and Mahmoud have ever shown us.

My guess (and I claim no inside information or spoilers -- this is just a guess) is there will be another episode's worth of drama over whether some relative will object, or maybe some dude from Gabriel's previous life will surface, but nothing will come of it and their storyline will end with Gabriel and Isabel getting married, after which we'll start seeing them on Pillow Talk.

After ten full episodes, Debbie and Oussama have had an argument, a camel ride and a horrid poetry reading. Their storyline has brought no value to this season.

If Yohan wore a flashing neon sign reading I AM ABOUT TO DUMP YOU, he'd be only slightly more obvious about his intentions that he is now. And Daniele, erroneously believing she is an incredible catch, continues to be oblivious to his growing dislike of her.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Daniele doesn't want a husband, she wants someone she can boss around. The whole scene where she sat on him in the car was horrible. She wants whatever she wants, no exceptions- and if Yohan disagrees we have to hear about how "childish," "immature," and "unready for marriage" HE is. She doesn't hear about his previous girlfriend's pregnancy/abortion and her interpretation is that he is "dishonest." Yet she has laughingly told the audience that she will not be bringing him to America, despite the fact that she told him she would and he is planning on that. She pays no heed to the fact that her meeting up with an old boyfriend (how coincidental is that?) in the DR would be uncomfortable for him, tossing it off as being old-fashioned or unyielding. She is so, so awful. I wonder if she's watched herself on this show and had any thoughts about how she comes across.

So Kris, the constant victim of bad luck, can't get her medication in Columbia (for her "narcolepsy"), and her bank froze her account! How does one constantly have so many unfortunate things happen? And as someone else mentioned-what does she bring to the table in this relationship? (For that matter, what does Jeymi bring?) Kris says she agreed to take on the financial support for the two of them, but it's not hard to see that she has little to no money, a life full of turmoil, and a drug problem. I would say she is taking advantage of Jayme but I'm not sure what she is getting from her.

The dull story of Gabe and Isabel continues. "I am trans. I love a woman. I hope her family has accepted me. They say they accept me! Do I believe them? Maybe they are lying. No! Now Dad is okay with it! " What will next week be? "Does Isabel really love me? Maybe she is just saying that."

Very little Debbie and Ousama footage. Maybe this all fizzled out before anything really happened...

Nicole and Maccchmoody's "romantic" dinner of chick peas in lemon juice on an overpass? That bar is pretty low. "We are getting along because we have decided to avoid discussing our differences." Good plan!  And I'm sure TLC had a hand in finding an "edgy, modern Egyptian Muslim woman" to stir the pot. Because these two are dull as dirt and going nowhere fast. I will be happy to never hear "I love you so much, Honey Bunny" again in my life.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
31 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The reason contemporary photos of the Pyramids of Giza all look the same is because there's only one good angle to shoot a picture from. If you try a reverse angle, the houses and apartment buildings a few blocks away from the pyramids will be prominently shown. The Egyptian tourism people would like us to believe the pyramids are far, far away from civilization when that simply is not the case.

In my photo, behind the camel cop, I was trying to take a picture of how close Cairo was to the Great Pyramid. I remember traveling through a very slummy area to get there. 

edited to add this info from a travel website about the misconceptions of the area around the Pyramids: "One of the most surprising facts about the Pyramids of Giza for many people is that they aren’t in the middle of the desert. Most photos of the pyramids make them appear to be in a remote sandy landscape. However, they’re actually on the edge of the desert and very close to the modern world. Most of the pyramids stand close to the city of Giza, right next to modern buildings, hotels and restaurants." 

31 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Why would anyone volunteer to have hot oil dripped on their heads? How many hours in the shower and bottles of shampoo will it take to get that crap out?

Rishi always looks like he DIDN'T get the oil out of his hair from the last treatment. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
30 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

If Yohan wore a flashing neon sign reading I AM ABOUT TO DUMP YOU, he'd be only slightly more obvious about his intentions that he is now. And Daniele, erroneously believing she is an incredible catch, continues to be oblivious to his growing dislike of her.

Yohan would also be perfectly comfortable back at his parent's home.  Danielle is skrewed, although I suspect her finances are going to catch up with her no matter where she is, and they're probably living off the show money.  Not sure if they're still together, though.  This was about a year ago that we're seeing.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Nicole's friend/production assistant was only there to argue.  Her first comments were set for arguments, she was paid to argue and argue she did.  I don't care of anyone in Nicole's story (except the mom who just sits there observing it all).

Kris stated that she told Jeymi that she would pay their living expenses-but with what?  Kris is all smoke and mirrors-she says she wants to start a business but has no intention of doing so (I thought the prices for the food trucks were quite low).  The court case argument of having to go home didn't work out, so now it was finances and prescriptions.  I don't believe a word of it.  Columbia wasn't what she expected, so she is leaving.  Jeymi better figure out how to pay the rent on that apartment.

Rishi probably sends everyone who contacts him one of his model photos.  And, I think those photos were taken quite a while ago.  Perhaps he needs to reconsider working as a lawyer.  And Jen?  Stop with the passive-aggressive inquisition.  It doesn't translate to other cultures.  And how does she have the money to go back and forth to India?  Her threat of leaving if he doesn't answer all of her questions the way she wants them answered seems pretty hollow as she just flew to India and left her family behind, again.

Danile just bothers me to no end.  Yohan looks ready to leave.  Whenever he disagrees with her she immediately states that he's angry, immature, etc., and she can't talk to him.  Danile is the one who needs him-she can't risk going back to the U.S. as her creditors are after her. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Nicole's friend/production assistant was only there to argue.  Her first comments were set for arguments, she was paid to argue and argue she did.  I don't care of anyone in Nicole's story (except the mom who just sits there observing it all).

It was like watching 2 Christians from different churches arguing about what passages in the bible mean, just a different religion. It was quite amusing if nothing else and proves that no matter the organized religion, no matter the country, everyone sees things totally differently and they bend everything to suit their point of view and what they want.

50 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Danile just bothers me to no end.  Yohan looks ready to leave.  Whenever he disagrees with her she immediately states that he's angry, immature, etc., and she can't talk to him.  Danile is the one who needs him-she can't risk going back to the U.S. as her creditors are after her. 

I thought Angela was as bad as it could get but this horrible harpy just makes me ANGRY, or maybe she's right and we're all just jealous of her.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
Awful grammar
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

So Kris, the constant victim of bad luck, can't get her medication in Columbia (for her "narcolepsy"), and her bank froze her account! How does one constantly have so many unfortunate things happen?

She must be a Wednesday's child....full of woe!

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6

I wonder what would happen to Daniele if Yohan divorces her?   Will she have to leave the DR?  And go where?  She fled the US to avoid her debts…I wonder just how much cash she has to live in?

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

Rishi got soft.  I think he has that long hair to cover that he is thinning pretty good on top.  It shows in the oil scene when they are facing each other and talking without the oil on their head.  He looks down for a split second and you can see he is thinning. 

I don't trust Kris--at all.  There is something really odd about her and in the coming previews it is all coming out.  We know she didn't return for at least a month, according to the previews, but why marry Jeymi if you aren't interested in her?   She always looks dirty, too.  Yuck. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I’m just confused why you have to undress and out on special underwear to get your hair oil pulled. Rishi looks nothing like his towel photo. He must not be hitting the gym and apparently hasn’t for a long time. 
That food truck idea sure came out of left field. It doesn’t seem she has any plan to actually work. I don’t seeing her being able to master even a basic command of the Spanish language. Poor Jeymi, she got the short end of the stick. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Poor Jeymi, she got the short end of the stick. 

I'm not in the Poor Jeymi camp. She seems over the top dramatic, kind of smothering, needy and desperate. There's something about her I don't trust. 

30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

He must not be hitting the gym and apparently hasn’t for a long time. 

If he's no longer practicing law, working out or modeling, just what DOES he do all day? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder what would happen to Daniele if Yohan divorces her?   Will she have to leave the DR?  And go where?  She fled the US to avoid her debts…I wonder just how much cash she has to live in?

Oh, she'll just live on the beach and slurp mangoes, remember? She probably doesn't have ten cents.  Maybe she'll sell picture of herself slurping mangoes on OnlyFans. I for one am cheerfully waiting for her eventual humiliation. I hope that Johan summarily kicks her out and finds himself a more amiable partner. One with a sense of humor, possibly, and a few dollars in the bank. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
59 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'll bet she reeks of cigarette smoke! 

Almost all of them do.  I get this show and 90-Day fiance confused, but nearly every person on these shows smokes.  Mrs. Anon says that's because they're all lower class, but I think she's just being unnecessarily snarky there..

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not only is Rishi not ripped, he was looking pretty doughy for a personal trainer.  So the pics that he’s sending out are outdated and borderline catfish.

Thank you. I was going to post the exact same thing.

• Like 2
On 4/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, magemaud said:

I'm willing to bet Mahmoud has never set foot in a museum in his life. Keeping Nicole confined to his neighborhood will keep her from finding out there are more options for living in Cairo than he wants her to know. Also, he probably considers New Cairo a dangerous, sinful place. 

It was my dream for many years to see the Great Pyramid of Giza and I had the opportunity in 2015 when I went on a Mediterranean Cruise that docked in Alexandria for two nights. On our free day, most passengers took a bus tour to Cairo and the Pyramid and some even chose to stay overnight at a really fancy hotel. I have to say the day was rather disturbing. We had to travel in an armed convoy of about 20 buses to avoid hijacking and most of the way there the guide lectured us on what we should and shouldn't do off the bus. Like if someone pressed a box of something in your hands and said it was a gift, you should drop it immediately because it wasn't really free and they wouldn't take "no" for an answer and wanted payment. If you wanted to go on a camel ride, she would take you to an approved camel ride rental because there were agressive and unscrupulous people offering rides that took tourists out in the desert then demanded more money to bring you back! Don't think the cops were going to help you, either, because they were corrupt. Beggars and pickpockets were everywhere. The Pyramid itself was used as a urinal. I guess I'm just relating all this because maybe Mahmoud actually is concerned for her safety, not just keeping her stuck in his childhood bedroom. 
edited to add this photo. We were warned not to take photos of the people but I was lining up a shot when this “camel cop” pulled  into to view, stopped his camel and posed for me. I tried to wave him away but he wouldn’t move, so I took a quick picture then started to walk away. He started calling after me, “La-dee, la-dee” but I kept walking like I didn’t hear him. 

F6453DD1-7A06-4430-965C-BBC49A96A298.jpeg

A close friend took his then ten year old son to Egypt.  Your experience was the same as my friend’s.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

This is 90-Day Fiancé, not Perry Mason.

Or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.  Rishi, is that your final answer?

7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I would say she is taking advantage of Jayme but I'm not sure what she is getting from her.

Maybe living somewhere with a lower cost of living.  She seemed to think she could live for several years off selling that partially burned down house.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I thought Angela was as bad as it could get but this horrible harpy just makes me ANGRY

Imagine if Yohan sat on her.  And I don’t buy that she thinks a few beers incapacitated him from driving when she never wants him to drive.

6 hours ago, Fable said:

She must be a Wednesday's child....full of woe!

She looks like someone on a poster for Faces of Meth.

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

She could find another desperate DR man to marry her I suppose.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/8/2023 at 5:46 PM, DEL901 said:

I don’t think things are as simple as just visiting the less restrictive side of Cairo.   His family embraces the restrictions.   I don’t think they would be understanding of forays, let alone living, on the less restrictive side of town.  

Agreed.  I think chickpea soup on the Nile overpass with no head covering is the most modern he wants to be, and she seems to know that about him but also seems to enjoy testing her boundaries.  I have no sympathy for Nicole.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1