Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: ParsiFAIL

• Start Topic

Back on board Parisfal III in Sardinia, Italy, Capt. Glenn is poised for his smoothest sail yet...until he isn't; Daisy comes back ready to prove she knows what she's doing as a Chief Stew; Chief Engineer Colin is determined to avoid a boat romance.

Airdate: 04/10/2023

Will we finally get a Colin boatmance?!? (no please)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Watched the promo vids on the Bravo site -- sooo looking forward to seeing Captain Glenn again and most of his core crew.

In the promo he mentioned he'd been with Parsifal for 13 years!  Amazing.

Looks like the boat has taken up smoking.  In the immortal words of Mr. Mackey, "Smoking is bad, m'kay?"  (:

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

Well that was interesting. Let's use some logic. Parsifals engine is flooded with sea water and will take 15 days to rebuild. Previews seem to show business as usual. My guess it that Bravo or the ships owner (or both) spring for a new or used engine.  With a couple of days shipping and a day for installation, my guess is they can be up and running in 3-4 days. I'm not sure how rare that type of engine is, but if common, then they should have an easier time getting one. 

What's with Daisy? Could be creative editing, but it looks like she's heading for a nervous breakdown 😒

How about Gary getting Covid? Even after a positive test, I'd not want to see Daisy swap saliva with him right away. Looks like she's playing hide the choo choo with someone else and Gary's bummed!

• Like 3
On 4/5/2023 at 11:54 AM, snarts said:

The promo they're airing makes me smile. I love Captain Glenn!

Does that include Glenn's commercial for Doordash? I love Glenn. Glad Doordash gave him a gig outside of Bravo

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Like a frightened Branzino afraid of the hook, these comments are in order of the episode scenes broadcast…

Well it’s an interesting start – right out of the gate!

Apparently, Parsifal was in the Atlantic before coming back to the Med for the season.  And Captain Glenn did confirm he was with Parisfal for 13 years now.

“Here I am, serving a bunch of assholes, and I don’t understand where it all went wrong.” – I missed you Daisy!

Colin – nice to see you again!  Can you fix the engine?

Gary has Covid!  I’m surprised that’s all he has…

Ileisha – looking forward to see how it goes.

Chase – Hope you work out better than the last dude from the South, but my Spidey senses are tingling. 

Alex –  You’re not getting much screen time yet.   But you look the part.

Mads –  And some experience to boot!

Lucy – Ladies from Wales are hot, personal preference notwithstanding.

So nice to see much of the crew from last season, and good prospects for this one.

Captain Glenn – “And when you ladies are ready, we’ll get you off…. The boat.”  Classic.

So far the guests have been pretty understanding about the boat not moving – though watching them shove food in their gobs and the way they chew is a bit disturbing.  As the EDM party heated up it was good to see the crew step up to make the most of it, while Captain Glenn settles in to his bunk quietly for the night – to watch nature vids perhaps?

Will the boat get off the dock?  Two weeks estimate?  Why do I suspect those two weeks would turn into two hours with the right financial incentive – or is this just Bravo-induced drama?  We’ll see.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Does that include Glenn's commercial for Doordash? I love Glenn. Glad Doordash gave him a gig outside of Bravo

That was a really cute commercial.  I especially appreciated seeing his flatbread crackers... and the twist at the end.

4 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Well that was interesting. Let's use some logic. Parsifals engine is flooded with sea water and will take 15 days to rebuild. Previews seem to show business as usual. My guess it that Bravo or the ships owner (or both) spring for a new or used engine.  With a couple of days shipping and a day for installation, my guess is they can be up and running in 3-4 days. I'm not sure how rare that type of engine is, but if common, then they should have an easier time getting one. 

What's with Daisy? Could be creative editing, but it looks like she's heading for a nervous breakdown 😒

How about Gary getting Covid? Even after a positive test, I'd not want to see Daisy swap saliva with him right away. Looks like she's playing hide the choo choo with someone else and Gary's bummed!

I was trying to figure out how they will solve the engine problem, as well.  My thought was that they will swap in a different engine that they have on hand (yeah, probably don't have a lot of those lying around) and repair the engine on land.  

I wonder if the guests will get to sail.  Perhaps they will be offered a free trip next year to make up for this disappointment.  I think I would also charter a smaller sailboat for them to experience sailing since they are stuck on the dock.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I thought it was Colin swapping spit with Daisy, if so I see trouble ahead.

• Like 2

Oh, beautiful Parsifal is back. And Captain Glenn.  yay!
Now, why I am very suspicious both the engine and Gary's covid problems are just staged for the drama?

You want me to believe that Bravo does not thoroughly inspect its BD boats or does not put in quarantine the main crew before the season starts?

Yeah right, sure...sure....

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hopefully this season will be a nice palate cleanser after one of the most dreadful seasons of the OG show ever. So nice to have Captain Glenn back along with Daisy, Colin and (eventually) Gary. I'm a bit worried Colin will be forced into some stupid showmance, we've always been mercifully spared that since he used to have a girlfriend back home.

The new crew seems decent, no obvious screw-ups just yet. I mean sometimes you can see it right out of the gate. And the chef seems competent and even nice. So far. The deck hand with the long hair seems more like a male model than a deck hand though. They kept cutting to a barrage of shirtless glamour shots of him.

Guests, unfortunately, seem like the usual recruited yahoos, so I'm going to have to learn to live with that as the price of admission from now on I guess. Hopefully the crew will carry the show.

• Like 5

Agree @Zaffy, both the engine and Gary's covid seem like production provided drama.  Not needed. I love the feel good vibe of Sailing Yacht as opposed to both the main & Med seasons. I especially love that they've now kept the main cast together for four seasons.

Damn, Glenn is older than I thought. When he mentioned 1984, I was shocked. Just looked him up, he's 62!

So many blondes, it's going to take a minute to get their names down.

Wondering why Gary couldn't provide direction to the deck crew over the phone?  Also surprised because I thought Colin was the 1st Officer and outranked him, but apparently Colin's just an engineer and Gary's the 1st Officer.  Did he get a promotion from Bosun?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I’m so glad Sailing is back.  Comparing other versions to SY, those other versions come up short.  I’m sure Glenn, Daisy, Colin, and Gary have something to do with it (I missed Eddie so much on OG version). 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I’m so glad Sailing is back.  Comparing other versions to SY, those other versions come up short.  I’m sure Glenn, Daisy, Colin, and Gary have something to do with it (I missed Eddie so much on OG version). 

I think it's because the four of them were on the show before the whole BD franchise became a reality star testing ground and they've continued on the show because they like their jobs. Additionally, they seem to basically be nice people. 

• Like 5
On 4/11/2023 at 10:11 AM, snarts said:

Also surprised because I thought Colin was the 1st Officer and outranked him, but apparently Colin's just an engineer and Gary's the 1st Officer.  Did he get a promotion from Bosun?

Colin has always been engineer. I think Gary might have been lead deckhand in Season 1 then 1st officer afterwards.

• Like 1
On 4/11/2023 at 10:20 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

Ugh....I have always liked Colin because he was always a voice of reason when everyone as drunk out of their minds and acting stupid.  Plus, he stayed out of the hookup group.  Looks like this season that is all about to change.  I hope it is not a triangle between Colin, Gary and Daisy.

Good start to season and I agree with other posters that this is the most likable crew of the series.  I was wondering why Gary couldn't do facetime with his crew to show them where things were so they could get to work.  It does feel like the Covid thing is producer driven for some reason.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Good start to season and I agree with other posters that this is the most likable crew of the series.  I was wondering why Gary couldn't do facetime with his crew to show them where things were so they could get to work.  It does feel like the Covid thing is producer driven for some reason.

I don't think the show gains anything by keeping Gary off the boat for manufactured reasons. There really wasn't any drama because of it, and there isn't any practical way for Gary to instruct the deck crew via remote. Glenn was able to show them where everything was stored pretty quickly. Also, they didn't need to do lines since they weren't leaving the dock, so all there was to do was clean and get out water toys.

Daisy and Gary were having a discussion about their relationship in the promo spots. I didn't see any spots with Daisy and Colin hooking up. Colin seemed to be making out with one of the new stews.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
On 4/11/2023 at 10:53 AM, Meowwww said:

I skipped the entire last season, did I miss much? But looking forward to Captain Glen and crew on the sailing yacht!

• Like 1
On 4/5/2023 at 11:54 AM, snarts said:

The promo they're airing makes me smile. I love Captain Glenn!

I love Colin and Do Not want to see him in a boat romance. He's always appeared above that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Bad enough these charter guests were chugging champagne and alcohol like a sailor on leave (and one even fell off her chair twice during the same meal) but good Lord, did no one teach them how to chew with their mouths closed?  Ugh.   

Thrilled to see Colin and Glenn back.  My love for both remains -- although if there is some Gary/Daisy/Colin triangle, I may have to rethink that.  Please no.  Let Colin remain the sensible one.

So far the chef appears competent.  Her food looked very good.  

Disappointed that one of the stews -- Madison? -- said she had no standards when it came to men.  Well, I guess she's on the right show then.  Paging Gary! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
18 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

...but good Lord, did no one teach them how to chew with their mouths closed?  Ugh.

^^^This, so much.  It's my #1 bad manners/gross out thing.  I should never be forced to see half-chewed food in your mouth. 🤢

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 3

but good Lord, did no one teach them how to chew with their mouths closed?

Amen to that as well to all the bad table manners we have seen from these "upscale" guests on all of the franchises. And I'm not just talking about last season's guest who was banging her silverware together demanding food.

• Like 4

Sailing Yacht seems to have a slightly different hierarchy/titles. Colin has always been the engineer every season he's been on. It was a different guy in season one, but he was an engineer as well. Gary has always been the First Mate/Officer and there is no Bosun. There was another guy in season 1, and his title was also First Mate and nobody had the Bosun title. 

BD:SY has become my favorite. The original and Med are overdone. DU was OK and Adventure didn't really capture my attention. I look forward to the spring when SY comes back.

• Like 3

The only thing I kind of raise an eyebrow about on this show is how everything goes flying when they sail.  Oh, I don't doubt it WOULD if no precautions were taken, but I also assume that an experienced sailing yacht crew is not taken aback by the prospect of sailing, and that they are well equipped to continue food/beverage service during it, since it's the whole point of the charter. 

Instead, they seem intent on showing us stuff flying all over the place as if activating the safety locks on drawers and cabinets wouldn't be reflexive, or even mechanically automatic. Or that the captain wouldn't have laid out the most likely times they'd be sailing and the chef wouldn't have back up hors d'oeuvres/sandwiches available should the kitchen need to be shut down temporarily for an unexpected ability to sail.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1