Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Thank You, Next

• Start Topic

One woman's decision devastates her fiancé. After stripping down on a date, Kwame opens up about doubts. Tiffany feels the pressure of wedding planning.

Original airdate 4/7/23

(edited)

Chelsea's underwear shoot was just weird...

Won't Jackie be surprised when she pawns that ring and they only give her 10 cents on the dollar of the retail price. The spoilers were right about her not even showing up for the field trip to the bridal shop.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 5

what a nasty girl keeping that ring - how on earth can she justify that?

never mind THIS IS ON TV!! the whole world is judging you for that action. This isn't someone keeping a ring after 20 years/2 kids to some rich man.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

Agreed that Chelsea/Kwame photoshoot was bizarre. I don't see any real chemistry between them - it all seems really celebral if that makes sense. There's a lot of talk between them about how in love they are and A LOT of platitudes especially coming from Chelsea, but the vibes from Kwame are that he's following her lead (talk of kids, moving, etc.) and I'm not seeing any of this intense connection they keep talking about. I feel bad for Chelsea. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, catherinejane said:

what a nasty girl keeping that ring - how on earth can she justify that?

In Washington state, he can sue to get the ring back or for the value of the ring. The law is on his side that she has to give the ring back.

If production paid for the ring, there is likely a clause in the contract obligating her to return the ring. 

She just wants screen time and is willing to do anything, like pulling a stunt like refusing to return it. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

I couldn't stand Jackie in the first round of episodes but she grew on me, I think because I like Marshall. That was shitty though. Making sure she could have Josh before she dumped Marshall. Gross. And don't even get me started on the ring. It's fine to not want to be with him but everything about the way she handled it was wrong. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, ally8620000 said:

I couldn't stand Jackie in the first round of episodes but she grew on me, I think because I like Marshall. That was shitty though. Making sure she could have Josh before she dumped Marshall. Gross. And don't even get me started on the ring. It's fine to not want to be with him but everything about the way she handled it was wrong. 

Yeah, I can already see the defense of her online. She shouldn't have to be with someone just because he's a good guy etc. But, that's not the point. How she basically went about everything is trash.

Marshall's only real fault was the project line. But, never even took that the way everyone else did. He saw her as someone who was guarded and having a hard time. He also saw the connection there as well. So, he saw working on them and getting down her defenses as the project. Work on gaining her trust and letting him in.

Either way, he deserved better than what he got. Ditching the dress fitting to meet up with another dude and....then dumping him? Come on now.

• Like 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, ally8620000 said:

I never liked Jackie, she seems to love the drama …egging Chelsea on then flipping the script and bashing her to the mean girl squad..then back to bitching about the mean girl squad to anyone who would listen. She is two faced. All this talk about robbing herself and blatantly stating  she doesn’t care about Marshall’s feelings. He wasted his time too but it’s all about her. She is a bitch.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

You know, I can get behind some young girl fantasizing about a big fluffy white wedding.  But a boudoir photoshoot with her fiance? not so much.  I was like, huh, whut? when Kwame said "I know you've wanted this all your life."

It just looked all kinds of awkward.  Also, does Chelsea travel with chocolate dipped strawberries on a black plate?

Kwame, one of y'all has to move.  Either you do or she does.  By your logic the need to live in the same city as your spouse = sacrifice. Honestly since he works 100% remote and she doesn't it would make more sense for you to be the one to move.  Because if she has to then she would have to give up the same things and he does PLUS her job.

So we meet Tiff's mom but didn't get a scene of Brett meeting Tiff's mom.  That sucks.  Also I cracked up at Brett's very nice engagement pictures of Tiffany after that extra photo shoot of Chelsea and Kwame.

Micah was almost ok this episode. If I hadn't seen her in the first four episodes, I might have thought she was fine, like Kelly from season 1 fine. Not the mean girl awful. 

Man, I could totally read Zach's body language  and him retreating behind a wall of nervous fact during that convo with Bliss' dad who, frankly, was a bit of a dick.  Such a contrast between his demeanour with her mom.  He looked like he looked when he first met Irina face to face.  He obviously gets really mannered and tense and still when he is not comfortable or he is sensing rejection.

Fuck you Jackie.  She was hugging up on Marshall, saying I love you just a day ago. And is all now 'I don't care how Marshall feels' and kissing up on Josh.  Like Marshall's friend said 'That's trash.'  On the one hand I respect if she doesn't feel it, she just doesn't feel it, but the way she went about it was gross.

Also I loved this:

• Like 5
(edited)

Do the grooms actually pay for the rings?  On The Bachelor, the show pays.  But I believe on The Bachelor, if the marriage doesn't last x amount of time (not sure the amount), the ring goes back to ABC.

But on LIB, not sure who pays for the rings.  We never see the grooms shopping for them, do we?

Either way, that's some shady stuff there, Ms. Jackie, keeping that ring.  Wow.

I've been engaged (more than once, lol), and yes, I gave the rings back.  It was the right thing to do.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 5
15 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I have some sympathy for Chelsea for the underwear shoot because it seemed obvious to me that this was less a life-long dream of Chelsea's and more as a "production date" like the ring-making date was for Paul & Michah and the helicopter date was for Tiffany and Brett.  If they all were on a cruise, this would be their excursions.  Poor Bliss and Zach got dinner with dad.

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Kwame, one of y'all has to move.  Either you do or she does.  By your logic the need to live in the same city as your spouse = sacrifice. Honestly since he works 100% remote and she doesn't it would make more sense for you to be the one to move.  Because if she has to then she would have to give up the same things and he does PLUS her job.

This!  Not only does she have to give up her job, but she'd have to get licensed in another state.  That's doable, but I think "I play soccer four days a week" isn't quite as compelling of an argument as Chelsea working where she does and being close to her family.

21 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Do the grooms actually pay for the rings?  On The Bachelor, the show pays.  But I believe on The Bachelor, if the marriage doesn't last x amount of time (not sure the amount), the ring goes back to ABC.

This was addressed in an earlier season.  Production buys the rings, and the women are allowed to keep them (or have been) once they make it to the engagement stage even if they don't get married.  It makes me wonder if Irina gave hers back.  Or if they gave Zack another ring.  Or did he buy one?

The meeting with Bliss's family was awkward for sure.  I think my least favorite moment was how her dad spoke to her.  My favorite moment was her dad asking production if they checked out Zach's story and he's really a lawyer.  Man, I'd trust any of the contestants more than I'd trust production to do their due diligence. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I wonder if those are actual diamonds in the rings or if Netflix goes with a cheaper stone to cut down on costs?  Cuz that's what I'd do if I were them, since that's the most expensive part.  

If this were a regular relationship, then I'd say Jackie would be in the wrong for keeping the ring (my rule for engagement rings is that whoever breaks the engagement forfeits the ring.  Unless the person breaks the engagement due to some betrayal that the other person committed, then they get the ring) but since Marshall didn't pay for the ring, whatever, take it to the pawn shop, since that's probably what you came on this show to do anyway, Jackie.

After the wedding dress shopping, my new theory for Micah is that her mom was sick during her formative years, and thus wasn't able to advise Micah about her mean girl antics.  Did her mom being sick come up before this?  I don't remember her mentioning it but I might have not been paying attention.

When my husband saw Zach's sister, the first words out of his mouth were, "She looks just like Irina!"  LOL.  Of course, now that he pointed that out, I can't unsee it.  Zach's niece was pretty little though, so I'm hoping the resemblance isn't as strong when his sister isn't postpartum.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/8/2023 at 1:01 AM, Snapdragon said:

I wonder if those are actual diamonds in the rings or if Netflix goes with a cheaper stone to cut down on costs?  Cuz that's what I'd do if I were them, since that's the most expensive part.  

If this were a regular relationship, then I'd say Jackie would be in the wrong for keeping the ring (my rule for engagement rings is that whoever breaks the engagement forfeits the ring.  Unless the person breaks the engagement due to some betrayal that the other person committed, then they get the ring) but since Marshall didn't pay for the ring, whatever, take it to the pawn shop, since that's probably what you came on this show to do anyway, Jackie.

I don't care who bought it if it wasn't her. She was being petty on top of petty so I will continue to clown her for that too. Every single move she made in the break up was a bad look. Every move. It's quite astonishing.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I don't care who bought it if it wasn't her. She was being petty on top petty so I will continue to clown her for that too. Every single move she made in the break up was a bad look. Every move. It's quite astonishing.

That is exactly what I said to a friend of mine!

• Like 1

I missed the intros, who was with Bliss' dad in the 60s hippy yoko sunglasses look that didnt say a word? was that a half sister of bliss or a cousin? really awkward. stepmom was also very cold to zach.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I see Kwame's move a little differently than most of the commenters. 1) I don't think he is head over heels for Chelsea so, the move is more stressful than if he was moving for his fantasy version of who he thinks Micah is, for example. 2) Based on the limited footage, it doesn't seem that Chelsea has much empathy for the impact of picking up one's life and moving it completely for another person to a place you had no previous desire to live for someone you have known for 2/3 weeks is big.

It's hard to move someplace where you have no emotional or social support in general but I can understand why this was fine as a possibility before, but now that it's real life, it's scary. Seattle is also very expensive. Portland isn't cheap either, but there is still sticker shock if you have not planned for the financial hit.

Chelsea is maybe giving up some pink appliances while adding to her support system and getting a dog sitter, dinner maker, etc... He is giving up privacy, time flexibility and regularly seeing his friends/soccer. I work from home too and she comes off as someone who sees that as being at home all day vs working while in one's home. If that's correct, that will be a problem later.

37 minutes ago, jabRI said:

I missed the intros, who was with Bliss' dad in the 60s hippy yoko sunglasses look that didnt say a word? was that a half sister of bliss or a cousin? really awkward. stepmom was also very cold to zach.

My hubs and I couldn't understand why stepmom and stepkids were really there other than to add to the frost in the room. I don't even know if they are actually that into Bliss.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
40 minutes ago, jabRI said:

The girl in the sunglasses was her stepsister.  I read somewhere that Bliss posted on social media that the reason she was wearing sunglasses was that she just had an eye appointment. 

On 4/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, NeenerNeener said:

On 4/7/2023 at 10:57 AM, kimchibucatini said:

Agreed that Chelsea/Kwame photoshoot was bizarre. I don't see any real chemistry between them

On 4/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, DearEvette said:

But a boudoir photoshoot with her fiance? not so much. 

So what really made it weird to me was that for a "boudoir photoshoot", she chose athletic-looking underwear!  That's part of why I think it may not have been production who arranged for this, because you'd think they'd choose some slinky/sultry/sexy lingerie. 

On 4/7/2023 at 1:54 PM, Racj82 said:

Marshall's only real fault was the project line.

Gotta disagree with this.   I cannot recall all the details, but in that big argument they had, it was revealed that after her "be more aggressive" comment, he left for 3 days!  That is so not OK.  And he defended it.  Yet he still wants her to tell him what she needs...even though when she did, he treated her like sh*t for it.  He wants her to tell him what she needs, as long as it's in parameters that he deems as proper.

And as I mentioned in a previous thread, there was some unhealthy anger management on his part that came out during that argument.  He isn't a rage anger type of person, but he is an avoider, a deflecter, and passive aggressive.  And what a monumentally bad idea to try to have such a serious emotional conversation at midnight, especially when the other person (who is already emotionally compromised) says it's too late for such a conversation!  It was borderline bullying/controlling, but dang, girlfriend should have just stuck with her guns and said "No it's too late for me to contribute as you need me to" and gone to bed!

Agreed...but I think the problem is that Chelsea does not seem to appreciate the significance of uprooting your whole life, regardless of the fact that one of them would need to do it, and that he should have anticipated it given the nature of the show he applied for.  Maybe it's editing, but we haven't heard her actually express much appreciation to him for it.

Man, I could totally read Zach's body language  and him retreating behind a wall of nervous fact during that convo with Bliss' dad who, frankly, was a bit of a dick.  Such a contrast between his demeanour with her mom.  

And such a contrast to how it was with Brett's dad, who was such a sweetheart.  How sad that people found Brett "less than" because of his dad's humble upbringing.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

And what a monumentally bad idea to try to have such a serious emotional conversation at midnight, especially when the other person (who is already emotionally compromised) says it's too late for such a conversation! 

This has happened to me, and I just go to bed. No way I'm engaging in that kind of convo at midnight just because it suits someone else's timeline.  Nothing gets resolved when you are both exhausted, just incriminations, and you are dead to the world the next day for work.

• Like 4
On 4/8/2023 at 12:19 AM, Blissfool said:

I wonder if Chelsea and Kwame will be sharing their engagement photos with friends and family. Perhaps send out 'save the date' postcards. 😆

I was wondering the same thing! Isn't that the main point of engagement photos? How fucking awkward. 

2 hours ago, red12 said:

I see Kwame's move a little differently than most of the commenters. 1) I don't think he is head over heels for Chelsea so, the move is more stressful than if he was moving for his fantasy version of who he thinks Micah is, for example. 2) Based on the limited footage, it doesn't seem that Chelsea has much empathy for the impact of picking up one's life and moving it completely for another person to a place you had no previous desire to live for someone you have known for 2/3 weeks is big.

It's hard to move someplace where you have no emotional or social support in general but I can understand why this was fine as a possibility before, but now that it's real life, it's scary. Seattle is also very expensive. Portland isn't cheap either, but there is still sticker shock if you have not planned for the financial hit.

Chelsea is maybe giving up some pink appliances while adding to her support system and getting a dog sitter, dinner maker, etc... He is giving up privacy, time flexibility and regularly seeing his friends/soccer. I work from home too and she comes off as someone who sees that as being at home all day vs working while in one's home. If that's correct, that will be a problem later.

All of this! I used to like Chelsea, but she is so demanding and controlling. The way she behaved when she was shopping and he had to sit there and act delighted to be in her presence. The way she force-fed him a strawberry after he said NO made me super uncomfortable. It's like she's putting on an act for the cameras, desperately wanting the world to think they're so in love, when we can all see that she's way more into him than he is into her.  Everything has to be on her timeline (he wants to enjoy their marriage for a few years before they have kids, yet she is insistent on kids within a year). All of their dates and outings have been things that SHE wants to do...bathing her dog, bizarre boudoir photo shoot, shopping for HER at some crazy expensive-looking boutique. Idk how Kwame hasn't snapped yet, because I would have. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Zima said:

I was wondering the same thing! Isn't that the main point of engagement photos? How fucking awkward. 

All of this! I used to like Chelsea, but she is so demanding and controlling. The way she behaved when she was shopping and he had to sit there and act delighted to be in her presence. The way she force-fed him a strawberry after he said NO made me super uncomfortable. It's like she's putting on an act for the cameras, desperately wanting the world to think they're so in love, when we can all see that she's way more into him than he is into her.  Everything has to be on her timeline (he wants to enjoy their marriage for a few years before they have kids, yet she is insistent on kids within a year). All of their dates and outings have been things that SHE wants to do...bathing her dog, bizarre boudoir photo shoot, shopping for HER at some crazy expensive-looking boutique. Idk how Kwame hasn't snapped yet, because I would have. 

I feel that Chelsea's behavior is probably due to the Micah situation.  She came off a lot more chill before that happened and now I feel like she wants Kwame to prove that he wants to be with her and is a lot less compassionate towards any difficulties he might be having.  Honestly, with her being his second choice (and the fact that neither of them wants to move for, you know, a four week relationship), I don't think they should be getting married anytime soon, if at all.

• Like 6

The thing about the relocation conversations we've been privy to is that neither of them is offering a compromise.  We have heard that Kwame doesn't want to move and may not even like Seattle.  And we have heard that Chelsea doesn't want to relocate to Portland.  Ok.  But Kwame keeps positioning it as 'Chelsea doesn't want to compromise.'  Which... fair.  But what exactly is the compromise he is proposing then?  If he wants to stay in Portland then what is his solution?  The only way he gets to stay in Portland is if she moves there.  Which is exactly what he is objecting to on his behalf.

That, imo, is a separate issue from Chelsea being controlling and not listening.  Because, yeah, that is a thing.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Gotta disagree with this.   I cannot recall all the details, but in that big argument they had, it was revealed that after her "be more aggressive" comment, he left for 3 days!  That is so not OK.  And he defended it.  Yet he still wants her to tell him what she needs...even though when she did, he treated her like sh*t for it.  He wants her to tell him what she needs, as long as it's in parameters that he deems as proper.

Meh. I don't think she gave a shit that he left either and that is part of the problem. I'm not excusing anything but nothing he did was out of the realm of a normal reaction. Everything Jackie did or said at a certain point is just baffling. People have flaws so I don't pick that much. But, Jackie just went to another level by the end there. There is flat out wrong in my eyes and wrong but understandable. I even get that his project line was more about seeing the future they could have if they just work on the issues and walls. But, it's still too wild to defend.

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So what really made it weird to me was that for a "boudoir photoshoot", she chose athletic-looking underwear!  That's part of why I think it may not have been production who arranged for this, because you'd think they'd choose some slinky/sultry/sexy lingerie. 

People seem to keep forgetting that they both straight up said that a woman walking around in Calvin Klein style men's underwear is sexy to them. It wasn't out of the blue or random. I know we burn through a lot in these episodes but it wasn't random.

14 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

The thing about the relocation conversations we've been privy to is that neither of them is offering a compromise.  We have heard that Kwame doesn't want to move and may not even like Seattle.  And we have heard that Chelsea doesn't want to relocate to Portland.  Ok.  But Kwame keeps positioning it as 'Chelsea doesn't want to compromise.'  Which... fair.  But what exactly is the compromise he is proposing then?  If he wants to stay in Portland then what is his solution?  The only way he gets to stay in Portland is if she moves there.  Which is exactly what he is objecting to on his behalf.

That, imo, is a separate issue from Chelsea being controlling and not listening.  Because, yeah, that is a thing.

He literally said he thinks Seattle is over priced and overrated. He is not high on living in Seattle. He's also much happier in his regular place because of the life he set up there.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm not excusing anything but nothing he did was out of the realm of a normal reaction. 

Hmmm...if leaving for three days is in the realm of a normal reaction, then I guess we just have different definitions of normal! 😁

• Applause 1
38 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Hmmm...if leaving for three days is in the realm of a normal reaction, then I guess we just have different definitions of normal! 😁

People needing space is the normal part. Once you mix in work and all that, it can end up being days. It's not crazy. I wouldn't do it in this format because they have limited time. It's not like there is a set time frame for space to figure things out. I wouldn't of done it. I think he should've dealt with things sooner. I also don't think it even touches irrational things people have done on this show.

• Like 3

Jackie berates Marshall to be more aggressive to her and then he said "I saw you as a project".  So?  He was being more aggressive towards her.  That's what she asked for.

Nothing Jackie wanted from Marshall or said to Marshall made any sense.  I don't blame Marshall for what he tried to do afterwards to please her.  She was impossible and he was trying his best.  She asked him to be someone he is not and he had no idea how to accomplish that.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 8
18 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He literally said he thinks Seattle is over priced and overrated. He is not high on living in Seattle. He's also much happier in his regular place because of the life he set up there.

Correct.  He has constantly said why he doesn't want to move to Seattle.  But he also keeps saying  "she doesn't want to compromise."   And yet, I haven't heard what compromise they are discussing to bridge him not wanting to move to Seattle and her not wanting to move to Portland. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Agreed...but I think the problem is that Chelsea does not seem to appreciate the significance of uprooting your whole life, regardless of the fact that one of them would need to do it, and that he should have anticipated it given the nature of the show he applied for.  Maybe it's editing, but we haven't heard her actually express much appreciation to him for it.

I agree that he would be uprooting his entire life, but he did realize this show was based in Seattle, correct? Was he hoping to meet a woman in the pods who lived in Portland, or was he counting on his fiancee being willing to move to Portland?

So we meet Tiff's mom but didn't get a scene of Brett meeting Tiff's mom.  That sucks.  Also I cracked up at Brett's very nice engagement pictures of Tiffany after that extra photo shoot of Chelsea and Kwame.

Micah was almost ok this episode. If I hadn't seen her in the first four episodes, I might have thought she was fine, like Kelly from season 1 fine. Not the mean girl awful. 

I also agree with others that Kwame isn't into Chelsea as much as she's into him. I think the poor woman is headed for heartbreak. And either she can't read the room AT ALL, or she's a great actress. 

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nothing Jackie wanted from Marshall or said to Marshall made any sense.  I don't blame Marshall for what he tried to do afterwards to please her.  She was impossible and he was trying his best.  She asked him to be someone he is not and he had no idea how to accomplish that.

Jackie shouldn't have been accepted onto this show. She seemed emotionally unstable and has a lot of issues to work on. The most accurate thing she said at the end is that she would benefit from some self-work. 

I agree with Jackie that she couldn't force herself to love Marshall. But she could have said it nicer. And she was so hot and cold with him. Not fair.

Marshall said a few episodes ago that Jackie is used to toxic relationships with men who treat her badly. Hopefully that's an issue she can address in therapy. 

22 hours ago, jabRI said:

This has happened to me, and I just go to bed. No way I'm engaging in that kind of convo at midnight just because it suits someone else's timeline.  Nothing gets resolved when you are both exhausted, just incriminations, and you are dead to the world the next day for work.

Yes, that's true. But Marshall said Jackie never wants to talk. In the morning, she leaves early for work, and when she gets home, she's "too tired to talk."

So true abut Tiffany's mom. I thought I'd missed a scene with her meeting Brett. Have we seen any scenes with either one of them meeting each other's family members? Friends, yes. Family, no--they never aired anyway. Maybe they were loving, supportive encounters, which = too boring for TV. LOL

And yes, Micah has become way more likable in recent episodes. Did I miss her explaining about living in Arizona? That seemed to spring out of nowhere. 

• Like 3
On 4/9/2023 at 5:46 PM, red12 said:

Seattle is also very expensive. Portland isn't cheap either, but there is still sticker shock if you have not planned for the financial hit.

In Chelsea's defence, it's not her fault that Kwame is used to living in very 'affordable' places. 

If Kwame was a high-earner that worked from home it would be different. But he isn't.

I'm still fascinated why someone like Chelsea would be interested in Kwame at all, and why Kwame projects an attitude that he still can do better.

Kwame is the type of guy that tries to get different Porsche dealerships to compete against each other, while all he has is a bike back home.

Edited by William2021
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, William2021 said:

In Chelsea's defence, it's not her fault that Kwame is used to living in very 'affordable' places. 

If Kwame was a high-earner that worked from home it would be different. But he isn't.

I'm still fascinated why someone like Chelsea would be interested in Kwame at all, and why Kwame projects an attitude that he still can do better.

Kwame is the type of guy that tries to get different Porsche dealerships to compete against each other, while all he has is a bike back home.

There was no fault assigned. I also have no idea about anyone on the show's earnings.

Regarding Chelsea's interest in Kwame, I'm not exactly sure either. She seems to be set on a certain fantasy more than the specific person who will be the other player so, that could be part of why she is full of platitudes about their love and relationship. Regarding Kwame, I don't think he actually loves or accepts himself and needs outward validation to prove he measures up. This is why he is obsessed with winning the affection of a certain type of woman. He thinks it will prove he's good enough. That whole prom story and how it still obviously affects him gives light to that. 

Edited by red12
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Moving also comes down to jobs.  If Chelsea has a stable job in healthcare, it may be difficult to uproot due to client continuity.  She certainly could start over, but its a different level of event than deciding which couch to work from, one in Seattle or Portland.  I'm fully remote, so I'm not downplaying, just saying she's facing a different reality that Kwame.  He may not 'want' to move, she may have more actual restrictions in terms of her career.  She would be starting over, he would not.

• Like 4
On 4/7/2023 at 12:54 PM, Racj82 said:

Marshall's only real fault was the project line.

I think someone who has the kind of meltdown she had in Mexico for little to no reason and gets into weird rumination funks for extended periods is a project at best.  But yeah he should have kept that to himself.

Also she thought he wasn’t manly enough because he didn’t slap her around in bed?  I mean it’s fine if she is into kink but you can be manly and not into it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
On 4/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, LuvMyShows said:

does not seem to appreciate the significance of uprooting your whole life

Could LIB not find enough people from Seattle?  One of the reasons couples on LIB have a better chance than those from the Bachelor franchise is they are supposed to be in the same area and not have to uproot everything.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Some posts have been removed due to discussion of events not happening in this episode. I k ow they drop several episodes at once, but as a reminder, keep your discussions in the episode threads about THIS episode. Not future episodes. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Could LIB not find enough people from Seattle?  One of the reasons couples on LIB have a better chance than those from the Bachelor franchise is they are supposed to be in the same area and not have to uproot everything.

No, they actually couldn't find enough people so they opened up casting to other cities relatively close.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Bliss's father tried to connect over sports? Eh. Lame. & Zack rants about the justice system when her dad doesn't care about that? YIKES!!! The energy was just off.

Edited by Lindz

Jackie is straight TRAAAAAAAASH!!!!! Funny Josh was saying he was Mr. Steal Yo Girl, yet backed down when Marshall claimed her. All talk!!! He still didn't even tell her his feelings until they met again. That's what she'll get from him. She doesn't want emotional intimacy. She just wants physical. The bitch said she's keeping the ring?!?! Dusty ho! Legally, NO!!! She called herself crazy & said she might need work, does she want to do that? NO.

• Like 1

Kwame doesn't want to get married. He answered. He's probably building resentment over all his compromising & how unappreciative Chelsea seems. Her eye makeup is tragic. The top of the wedding dress she chose was horrible. She looked like she had no boobs. Geez. They better figure out what they're gunna do when he says no. I don't think she'll be able to handle it.

The bust of Tiffany's dress was horrible. Didn't help her lack of boobs at all. 5 minutes on a dress Micah didn't even choose?!! WTF?!!! I'm shocked by the "classic" plain dress she chose. It actually looks nice. Bliss's dress was a nice style, the "nude" was too dark. Looks horrible. Her mother should named her Joy! Bliss as a name is ridiculous.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I think someone who has the kind of meltdown she had in Mexico for little to no reason and gets into weird rumination funks for extended periods is a project at best.

Un diagnosed depression or anxiety or something that meds could help her, it takes a lot of energy to deal with people with those issues, I am sure this is not her first rodeo with the emotional toll of anxiety and or depression.

I will always say that if you are looking for a good relationship, you should be the best version of yourself because you would want your partner to be the best version of themselves, right? 

I think we all love the idea of love but meeting in a controlled atmosphere where you know if you pair up you get screen time, you get an all expense trip to somewhere nice, you get money, etc...it clouds the reality of committing to someone even if you sort of like them you are not getting a true sense of who they are and how the two of you will deal with real life.

Marshall saying Jackie is a project...it may be true but do you want to start a new relationship fixing someone or do you want someone who is a bit more together?

Micah in my opinion, is a party girl who likes going to a bar and having male attention, it is very important to her, she thinks she is hot and men should basically be telling her she is beautiful constantly, falling over themselves to get with her, she is not really ready to let that aspect of her life go.  Also, the "Liking," would be a huge deal breaker for most people.  She talked in circles to the guys during their pod time so much in order to get any guy to propose because she wanted to go further on the show, none of what she said made sense or sounded sincere. She is young and has a lot of growing to do.

Did Zack use the same ring he gave to Irina to propose to Bliss? Why can't she just say that he saved the best for last? If she cannot get over being second choice she should walk away.

• Like 2

Chelsea and Kwame decide on a sexy engagement photo shoot, why does it have to be sexy, do a separate photo shoot and just have a nice shot of the tow of you smiling and save the boudoir stuff for you own album.

Also, that quick shot of the grapes and chocolate covered strawberries, the same exact platter that was at the clothing store!

Jackie tells Marshall "see ya," and his response is really a hateful response, "every time you look at that ring think about how you passed up something really good," most times it is not really something good for the person leaving so you Marshall will not be missed!

Jackie keeping the ring is nonsense, it is part of a contract/agreement so to speak, she did not fulfill her end of the agreement so she should give back the ring, if Marshall had broken off the engagement than she should keep the ring but Jackie ended it, give it back.

Tiffany becoming overwhelmed with wedding plans is interesting because I bet production is doing all the planning, they are paying for it, at most they may ask what colors or flowers the bride likes, maybe a menu choice, the photographer is booked thru production, the invites are probably emailed, I do not buy her being overwhelmed.  

50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Tiffany becoming overwhelmed with wedding plans is interesting because I bet production is doing all the planning, they are paying for it, at most they may ask what colors or flowers the bride likes, maybe a menu choice, the photographer is booked thru production, the invites are probably emailed, I do not buy her being overwhelmed.  

The only thing production does is choose the venue (the couples have no choice of the venue), pay for everything (up to a point -- the couples  have a budget that if they go over they have to make up the difference) and make it possible for the set up to happen.

But the couples have to choose everything else.  We only ever see the tux/dress initial scenes, but they also go cake tasting, plan the reception menus, pick music, pick flowers, communicate their color scheme etc.  And they have to go to fittings.  They have to apply for the license and follow whatever rules for the state they are in.  And since all this happens in less than a month it is on an accelerated timeline.  And most of them are still doing their jobs full time as well as whatever else obligations they have for the show.  Added to that is the normal anxiety of just getting married.  So I imagine it can be super stressful and overwhelming.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I have not seen the wedding episodes but I almost think Kwame and Chelsea might stay together. The editing of their whole relationship seems to point toward him saying no which is why I think he might say yes. On the surface, as a viewer, I don't think he's that into her. But I guess we'll see.

I don't really see it lasting with Bliss and Zach regardless if they end up saying I do. I'm not even Zach and I'm getting tired of Bliss saying that she was second choice. Move on or don't. ( Imagine this whole thing with her accepting his proposal was just payback to leave him at the alter.)