Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wasn't able to watch the show at the time it aired so I'm waiting to watch a rerun but I couldn't help but read the spoilers....these idiots still managed to fuck it up!!! I'm assuming that they foolishly decided against the final truth booth in favour of more money. Despite knowing the results, I can't wait to watch it. I need to see with my own eyes how these guys managed to mess this up...and to laugh hysterically that despite every season the cast seemingly too stupid somehow miraculously figure out all of the matches by the last episode, it just makes them look extra extra stupid that they didn't, LMAO. 

So pretty much everyone and their moms cheated on each other after the show regardless of whether or not they were perfect matches or nonmatches. Okaaaay. What a surprise. I wish there'd be a version of this show with people in their 30s. 

Did Kam think she was on a Jerry Springer reunion? STFU. I don't even like Alicia, but girl, just STFU already. Oy vey! Ryan should have hosted the reunion, he doesn't have a problem telling them to STFU. I don't know who this other host dude is because I haven't been watching any of the other after-matches, but he has no presence or control whatsoever. What a sad pathetic group of people.

Someone needs to fire the match makers, they're so bad at what they do. 

• Love 2

Was it just me, or did they take FOREVER to reveal the biggest (not)-shocker re: Alicia and Eddie? I figured they should have LED with that.  It seemed to me almost like an afterthought. 

I'd watch a show just about Jaylan and Tyranny.  They need their own spinoff.

I'd also watch a show that did nothing but show still photo montages of Oswaldo.  Yes, I apparently am a dirty old woman but that man is FIIIIIIINE.

Finally watched the episode - Joey is an idiot for throwing that comp knowing full well that he wasn't a match with Casandra. Shannon messed up last week but they could have still made it work. Derrick and Joey are the ones that failed this week. Joey was lusting and Derrick was caught up with the idea that Shannon must be his match and I think it's probably because he was hoping that it was true. I still like me some Derrick...he's nice to look at. 

I bursted, laughing at Michael's 'Holy crap' reaction, haha. And why the hell was Carolina crying? Did't her ass find her 'perfect match' that she so eager to be with?? I did feel bad for Kari. She wanted to try and connect with people and she realized that too many people wouldn't try so the money was all she had to hold on to. Kam made  big point - everyone got caught up with associating a 'seat' at the ceremony to meaning something about their relationship. This is why MTV casts young 20 year olds, unlikely that an older demographic would get caught up in something that trivial. Then again, maybe I shouldn't put it past MTV find idiots of all ages, lol.

Tyranny thought she was on Jerry Springer. 

Taylor deserves Andre and his ways. While Ozzy was a snitch to Andre and I can see why he would feel betrayed by him, Taylor seemed angry at Ozzy because he told her things about 'the man she loves' that she would have rather been blissfully ignorant about. She was just upset that her imperfect relationship was being put on blast and it wasn't a fairytale romance to share. I get Hannah feeling rejected but she's giving off serious 'I'll chop your dick off' vibes. I thought I was transported to the 60s when I heard talking about the promise ring, lol.

And the reveal here...everyone damn well slept with everyone. 

• Love 2

Wow.  That sucked.  

I was shocked at all the fighting on the after show! 

My question....Does production wash the sheets after each couple that used the boom boom room? Cuz, I sure hope so.  

Edited by KIMIKO
  • Love 1

Seriously, on any reality show in general where there's the token bed for bumping uglies, I hope they can mask the smell of smegma with some deep cleaning products. There's like genital crabs crawling around on that bed, I'd like to hear what the crabs have to say about these fools. Whoever does the cleaning (and probably also replenishes the in-your-face condom product placements) must have to wear a hazmat suit. 

That whole house in general must be disgusting AF. Can you imagine the bathrooms? Ewwww..... I'm surprised they don't show more people banging in the shower a la the Real World and Challenge houses. And every time there was a shot of people crying or making out in the closets, I was just always thinking "where the hell would I find my clothes in this mess of a closet?" 

I wonder once the show is over, if the cleaning crew has to go over everything, floor to ceiling with a black light to see all the stains.

• Love 1

Tyranny, wow.  Jaylan may not have played the field during the game but he sure got to hold the big trophy at the end. 

Osvaldo and Jaylan both look foolish for not pursuing her.

8 hours ago, Drogo said:

Tyranny, wow.  Jaylan may not have played the field during the game but he sure got to hold the big trophy at the end. 

Osvaldo and Jaylan both look foolish for not pursuing her.

I agreed with you for about six hours ... until I saw the post right above this one.  All "respect" (being a relative thing) for Tyranny gone bye-bye now.  Maybe we can start a petition to make Jaylan the next "Bachelor"?

• Love 1

Also? Hannah looked SO much better on the show with her hair kind of messy in a bun, looking like a normal person, than she does all "glammed up" in that photo ... I didn't even recognize her. 

Meanwhile, I've got "Second Chances" lined up ready to roll on my DTV.  DAMN my daughter for turning me on to this show. 

On 3/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, HerkyJerky said:

I love that they only raised $20.

So we finally have a crew who can't get a clue.  But some get another shot (at money? Love? Sex with a whole new group of people?) on a spin-off show.  Oh I'm so watching that.

If everyone was banging each other, why was Alicia singled out?  For not holding to a five-minute "girl code"?  Whatever.

Who knows what goes on in these people's heads, but I wonder if it might somewhat be because Alicia lied to Kam's face about not sleeping with Eddie (didn't she only admit to only making out?). Didn't everyone else who felt screwed over by the person they "loved" banging someone else find out about being betrayed while still in the house? Or they didn't have as close of a fake BFF friendship? 

16 hours ago, zenithwit said:

No match up ceremony?  Really MTV?  I don't watch AYTO for the drama, I watch it for the math puzzle!

Already trying to figure out which of these people we will see on future Challenges.

It's actually interesting to see what that means. The no ceremony. They usually do that towards the end to pad out the season. It may me that they got all the matches quicker than others if they have a two parter later on. MTV in general seems to be putting a stronger focus on letting drama play out. The actual games are a strong second in terms of importance. But, for me, fuck the ceremony. They are all pointless until like the eight week. Bring on the drama.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2

It's so nice to have this show back. This group seems perfectly terrible. Also, I enjoy seeing New Orleans, though I'm concerned having them in a city means Malcolm will move on to the locals once he's hooked up with every girl in the house... in a week or two. 

• Love 3

The guy with dreads is hot.  Holy shit. It's too bad that he's religious. I saw a glimmer of hope for the youth of America when no one chose that picture.  There wasn't much to keep that glimmer going after that, but I did find the episode super entertaining. 

• Love 2

He is hot, maybe the best-looking in the house.  But some of these others are busted.

I've always heard there's a shit ton of hooking up on this show, at least in past seasons, I wonder if they'll show it this year (if it happens).

I can already see a few probables for The Challenge.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I've always heard there's a shit ton of hooking up on this show, at least in past seasons, I wonder if they'll show it this year (if it happens).

Weren't there 3-4 hook ups in this episode alone?  This cast is definitely thirsty.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Weren't there 3-4 hook ups in this episode alone?  This cast is definitely thirsty.

Sorry, I meant ALL the hookups.  Apparently, in past seasons, everyone hooked up a lot more than what was shown (& with more partners).

Clinton ( the man with the dreads and gorgeous eyes) is definitely my fave, along with Alexis ( more tolerable Miley Cyrus girl). Clinton actually seems like a good guy, who is actually there to find that girl.

Alexis is just fun loving and pretty funny.

Keyanna: what a botch for fucking laughing and cheering when you weren't a math to Ethan. You are not that hot or worth it with that personality and attitude. Ethan is he lucky one.

My daughter and her boyfriend LOVE this show and turned me on to it towards the end of the last season so this is my first season watching (on my own) from the get-go. I was glad they had the preview introducing us to the cast members (am I right in inferring they've never done that before?)

Also surprised by no match ceremony ... for some reason, I'd assumed they do that at the end of every episode ... the theory that they figure out the matches early and have to pad mentioned above makes sense ... but during the previews/clips pre-commercial, doesn't Terrence J do a sort of "come to God" speech to them that they've never been this far behind in the history of the show? Maybe just trying to add drahmah.

Question re the match ceremonies (I can't remember because of short term memory issues): Do they have to actually BE with that person for a certain amount of time, or are the matches strictly used to team them up for challenges and then matching room? 

Dreads guy (Clinton) is pretty gorgeous. And while I know it's not his hometown (he's from Jamaica but was raised in Florida), they list New Rochelle as his home (it's where he lives with his mom) and that's where I was born so I can call him my homeboy. Hee.

My favorite guy, though, is Joe (former JW with the bun). I think he's freaking adorable and hilarious. Interested to see who his perfect match is ... maybe Alexis?

I know this is not a heavily-populated board but glad to find others who watch this, especially since DD is traveling a lot this fall and we can't play east coast/west coast phone call the next morning to catch up. She hasn't even seen preview or first ep yet ...

23 minutes ago, gunderda said:

soooo new host means they spent more money on him and left no money for their annual trip to hawaii?? sucks for those contestants lol (not that new orleans is bad... but the dates in hawaii were pretty awesome)

Eh, Terrance is already on the payroll for mtv. He hosted a show called safeword this summer and Terrance always hosted the aftershows  and reunions for the show. It's really just a lateral move. 

3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

My daughter and her boyfriend LOVE this show and turned me on to it towards the end of the last season so this is my first season watching (on my own) from the get-go. I was glad they had the preview introducing us to the cast members (am I right in inferring they've never done that before?)

Also surprised by no match ceremony ... for some reason, I'd assumed they do that at the end of every episode ... the theory that they figure out the matches early and have to pad mentioned above makes sense ... but during the previews/clips pre-commercial, doesn't Terrence J do a sort of "come to God" speech to them that they've never been this far behind in the history of the show? Maybe just trying to add drahmah.

Question re the match ceremonies (I can't remember because of short term memory issues): Do they have to actually BE with that person for a certain amount of time, or are the matches strictly used to team them up for challenges and then matching room? 

Dreads guy (Clinton) is pretty gorgeous. And while I know it's not his hometown (he's from Jamaica but was raised in Florida), they list New Rochelle as his home (it's where he lives with his mom) and that's where I was born so I can call him my homeboy. Hee.

My favorite guy, though, is Joe (former JW with the bun). I think he's freaking adorable and hilarious. Interested to see who his perfect match is ... maybe Alexis?

I know this is not a heavily-populated board but glad to find others who watch this, especially since DD is traveling a lot this fall and we can't play east coast/west coast phone call the next morning to catch up. She hasn't even seen preview or first ep yet ...

Every season gets really bad with lack of matches towards the middle so yeah it's just extra drama. 

The show works as

Every episode the cast choose who they yhink their match is. They don't totally know if they are right. They could come to reasonable deduction as time goes on.

They are told how many correct marches they have but not who are correct.

If they get a successful truth booth match that match stays. They will always have that match and can never get a shutout at the ceremony now. They also get sent away.

You can date or talk to whoever you want. Even if the truth booth says no. But, shutting yourself off from other potential matches fucks up your chances to figure things out. Which people do every damn year. Ignore the game because they found love.

Which is stupid. You can date who you want in and after the game but also actually play to figure out your match. Get to know people.

I don't know why during the early stages, they don't all get together and hash out what they said  they are looking for pre show as well as what they are trying to avoid and start matches that way. Bone who you want to bone but ALSO play the game.

• Love 5

Looking ahead to who will become a Challenge regular, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Ethan join. I think he's cute enough in a regular way, and seems self-aware enough. I'm sure in some future episode he'll end up being a douche or something, but for now, I feel bad he's stuck with these people. He reminds me of Mike from RW Las Vegas (aka Leroy's BFF).

These people have the emotional maturity of 15-year-olds. "We both like football and music and going out!" (Just like everyone on dating apps likes to hike). "I think I'm falling for him!" You've known these mofos for like 24 hours! Gag me with a spoon. 

I hope there's condoms everywhere. I don't know how people leave this house without also picking up some STDs and maybe some lice because they all sleep like bums on mattresses on the floor. Why can't they have bunk beds? You can still bump uglies (just ask the Challenge folks!) 

It seems not kosher to have a hidden camera in the bathroom. 

I miss Ryan Devlin and his snark.

Also I want to see a show like this but with people my age, in their 30s, in hopes that they'd actually try to make genuine connections instead of thinking someone is their soulmate because they were good in bed and are good-looking. These kids are still in their early 20s and don't want to settle down with their "perfect match". They're all going to end up cheating on each other anyway ?

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 3

I know I'm showing my age, but man, these girls give it up way to easily!  The first night in the house they 're hopping in bed; climbing in the shower; telling their stories of getting pregnant and miscarrying - wow - talk about not playing hard to get!!!  I can't imagine what it feels like to be a parent watching your sweet daughter treat herself  like she was a streetwalker with a bunch of amateur players.  Have a little self respect and class, girls!

• Love 2

Haha well I think it's just not necessarily an age thing, it's an if-you-apply-for-a-show-on-MTV-you-are-immature-and-dysfunctional-with-poor-judgment kind of thing. Plus, they're boozing it up for like 18 hours out of the day, so that makes for more bad decisions and more horniness. Also, they're all desperate for attention which is *really* why they're on this show. To audition for the Challenge and also get into the circle of the incestuous MTV family. 

Clearly some of these folks didn't have good role models growing up, at least when it comes to relationships, so their parents probably aren't that mortified, if they're even aware of what their adult children are up to (although most of these people look like they still live under their parents' roof). One of the dudes even had his mom in the audition video, begging MTV to cast him, LOL.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:47 PM, Caseysgirl said:

I know I'm showing my age, but man, these girls give it up way to easily!  The first night in the house they 're hopping in bed; climbing in the shower; telling their stories of getting pregnant and miscarrying - wow - talk about not playing hard to get!!!  I can't imagine what it feels like to be a parent watching your sweet daughter treat herself  like she was a streetwalker with a bunch of amateur players.  Have a little self respect and class, girls!

The guys are hopping in bed just as easily. 

I don't get the whole "playing hard to get" thing. Why play games? If someone wants to have sex with another person and they are both consenting adults, I think they should go for it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Zima said:

The guys are hopping in bed just as easily. 

I don't get the whole "playing hard to get" thing. Why play games? If someone wants to have sex with another person and they are both consenting adults, I think they should go for it. 

I don't care about the hopping into bed part (make sure you are protected. There is also the fact that you are on camera as something that should give people more pause.) It's the catching feelings that kills me. 24 hrs and you got someone proclaiming they have a boyfriend. Both genders do it every season. Slow the fuck down. Just so don't give so much of yourself up right away. Don't play games. I don't condone that. But, give the person time to at least show more of themselves before you get emotionally involved. These people are on auto pilot while completely ignoring what they say their dating flaws are and doing the same shit. I know that's partially their age but people of all ages do stuff like that.

• Love 1

Nurys reminds me so much of Alicia from last season. I DO NOT LIKE HER. What's sad is they're both such beatiful girls, but the way they throw themselves at guys shows they have no morals, and lack self-respect for themselves, and that's the biggest turn off for me!

I won't be surprised if Malcom and her don't last, it's obvious he just wants to bang Nurys and once he's bored of her, he'll go onto the next girl.

I actually really like Diandra, and I hope she realizes her worth and doesn't stick around waiting for Malcom to come back to her, but I have a feeling she will :/

Ok. That date between Alexis and Joe was so disturbing! Between the awkward "flirting", Joe flipping the table, grabbing Alexis' ass, and the makeout sesh was just so forced and gross. She really is the Miley Cyrus of the show.

I have a strong feeling Ant & Geles won't be a perfect match... seems like AYTO is really trying to build them as this power couple, but I don't see anything past them being physically attracted to each other.. LOL

Does anyone also think Geles' "baby voice" and the way she talks is cringe-worthy?! She's a pretty girl, but I can't stand her voice!! 

Edited by roe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, roe said:

Does anyone also think Geles' "baby voice" and the way she talks is cringe-worthy?! She's a pretty girl, but I can't stand her voice!! 

The vocal fry on this show is going to be the death of me. I blame the Kardashians for this plague on the world. That way of talking is not cute. Baby voices in particular are the worst.

• Love 1

I don't know why these girls give so much power to the men. The two girls who weren't picked by Clint & Malcolm ( see, I remember their names) getting into battles with their rivals after  2 nights instead of moving on to another guy - the point is to find your perfect match so move on!

Thirsty, thirsty kids.  I've only learned a few names, but those names are the ones doing too much.  

Quit saying y'all are in love…you aren't.  It's called lust and everyone is falling face-first into it.  I'll be shocked if Anthony(?) & Geles are a match or if any of the people currently fucking are matches.

Man, I do not like change. I hate how MTV keeps designing these shows so that the results aren't the episode ending parts. The lights for this show and the elimination on the challenge should be the end. 

These people are also fucking idiots. Not concerned with learning from their mistakes at all. In life or in the game. They had three matches last week and did basically the same couples or ones that make no sense. Shockingly, that lead to a worst conclusion. Except not shocking at all. 

The girl who is misses falls too fast is literally doing the same thing it says in her profile instead of trying to do anything different. Her object of affection is actually trying to not do what he normally does but she can't be bothered. It's been of couple of weeks. Ease the fuck up.

• Love 2

I wonder how long it will take them to realize that getting one beam at the match ceremony was the best possible outcome for their game.  They got a ton of information without losing money like they would have if they blacked out.  There were only five matches that switched this week.  One of them is already a confirmed no match, so at least two out of the other four from the first week must be matches.  And most likely none of the new matches from this week are correct (there is a slim chance that the one beam from tonight represents a new perfect match and none of the 6 couples who didn't switch are a match).

Edited by lilabennet
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I wonder how long it will take them to realize that getting one beam at the match ceremony was the best possible outcome for their game.  They got a ton of information without losing money like they would have if they blacked out.  There were only five matches that switched this week.  One of them is already a confirmed no match, so at least two out of the other four from the first week must be matches.  And most likely none of the new matches from this week are correct (there is a slim chance that the one beam from tonight represents a new perfect match and none of the 6 couples who didn't switch are a match).

They won't. That's part of the problem. Not anytime soon. Yes, they can use this. Keep maybe three couples the same and make sure no one else has the same match up as this week and weed out the matches bit by bit. But, they aren't playing that game, they are playing with their genitals.

I do believe the rapper dude and friendzone are genuine people though. Which makes me hate that the woman who chose him made that stank ass face when he joked about the love triangle or the other literally admitted to friend zoning the other dude. I say again, dating sucks.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2

How many seasons of this show have to be on before the contestants think with their heads and not hormones.  Of course, they might not be encouraged to do that because how interesting would this show be without hysterical  rejected women; angry jealous men and all those in between.  There don't seem to be many charming women but  I find Ethan and Tyler using their time on the show to full advantage - see you on the "Challenge"!

I am loving Ethan, he definitely grows on you.  Plus, a guy who can make you laugh is priceless.

I liked Michael telling people they don't belong together…at least he's trying to play the game.  Though it just makes them double down.  And "Falls Too Fast" is making a fool out of herself.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Right? If this couple is a match they just got a WHOLE lot of info.. and even if they aren’t it’s still helpful.