Type keyword(s) to search

Jackson and Emerson: They're Boring; We're Snoring

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Will all their kids be SONS? 

I wondered that, too. Please, gawd, don't let it be so. 

Jackemerson: Congratulations, I Guess

Jack- and Emerson: They're Boring, We're Snoring (my new favorite)

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I like Ugh, I got nothing, because these two are devoid of any personality other than yet another fundie couple getting married and will be pregnant ten minutes after saying I do.  They're boring, we're snoring works too.

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

How about What’s up with his hair?

Thank you for mentioning that hair. It’s like when Jon Bon Jovi cut his hair, some reporter said he looked like a middle aged lesbian. That’s all I can think about when I see 22 year old Jackson. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
22 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So Gil and Kelly were there after all. As I said, spectator sport. 🙄

Don’t forget the free meal.

I would love to see Emerson’s mom railroading KJ on all her performative purity  nonsense. I must say at least superficially it looks like Jackson will fit in with his in laws. 

• Like 5

Looks like Emerson will be ditching the heels, she seems to be crouching down so she’s not taller than Jackson. Maybe Jackson is not as Fundie as G&KJ. Hasn’t he been living in Arkansas and working with one of the Duggar boys for quite awhile?

• Like 7

After a few days of seeing "Jackson and Emerson: Needs a Title" in the list, I think I kinda like that with no changes. My other suggestion is "Jackson and Emerson: Who?" but that's also my suggestion for all the kids after about the first 8 for any mega family...

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like Emerson will be ditching the heels, she seems to be crouching down so she’s not taller than Jackson. Maybe Jackson is not as Fundie as G&KJ. Hasn’t he been living in Arkansas and working with one of the Duggar boys for quite awhile?

Yeah, she's definitely taller than Jackson and that is probably a no-no in fundieland.  Too bad, she looks cute in her heels.  She should take a look at Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban or any one of the many couples where the wife isn't afraid to be taller than her husband, to stand up straight and wear what she wants to wear.  One of my sisters is a couple of inches taller than her husband and has never worried about hunching over in photos so he could be taller. The marriage is only 48 years young, though, so that could change.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Who are these women - I would not slouch down the way she is in that pic for any man, whether it hurts his pride that I'm taller or not . . . . And how short are the Bates men? Bc this is the second DIL that will be taller than her husband, as Trace is shorter than his wife too and when he first met her his first reaction was - wait if she's taller than me this can't work . . . . Lol but he was desperate to get to the altar after being dumped by the other girl.

Clearly she isn't fundie - I mean look at mom's dress. Better for Jackson and all the Bates kids as they marry conservative Christians - there are some chances that they'll end up with 3-5 kids instead of having kids by the litter and thus have a nicer/closer to middle class life. There's some chance that their inlaws will actually pay the Bates inlaw some attention maybe realizing how they were raised by G&K basically being like - what I feed you and let you live here and teach you about the Lord so they'll get some parental love/attention. . . .

Do we know anything about her family? How many siblings? What does dad do? Any chance he's in construction or connected to construction people in his community? Bc in that case I could see Jackson ending up in Fla. My sense is working with the Duggar brothers was just a stop gap gig - get some experience from someone who'll hire you with zero trade education + have fun with guys your age/your mentality + get the hell out of G&K's house and have some independence. Jackson's basically never come back after Alert. I think Alert shut down in spring 2020 due to Covid - he went straight to Arkansas and stayed there rather than coming home. So yeah at some point it clicked that he wants his own life outside of G&K's house. I mean I imagine this girl was flying back and forth to Fla. and screw even any guise of chaperones or oh we don't kiss before marriage or whatever . . . he's basically dating the way conservative Christians date. Though who knows maybe he wants to stay in Arkansas if he desires to be away from both families and really be on their own - I mean Nathan/Esther are doing that.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

The Bates are short people. I remember on one of their Q&A videos Travis was asked his impression of meeting the Bates family. He spit it out right away, laughing, “all of you guys are so short IRL, I wasn’t expecting you to be so short.” Katie didn’t seem bothered by the observation because she is a woman who should be shorter than her husband. I wonder how it went with the thin skinned men. 

• LOL 8

Hate to say it but the way G&K raised -- i.e. fed -- those kids did no favors from a height perspective. Sure height is genetic and none of these sons was going to be 6 ft+ given that Gil himself is a short guy, as is his dad. Yet height is influenced by good nutrition when young/thru the teen years; we all know people who are from short families who eke out an extra 2-3 inches beyond what you'd expect and end up taller than their parents. And when you're looking at boys that are 5-6 to 5-8 -- an extra 3 inches in height is pretty big.

I don't imagine they had a diet allowing 3 glasses/milk per day and good portions of meat. I mean Nathan talks openly about fighting over a piece of leftover steak!? I don't think they went hungry by any means but I imagine Michael/Alyssa were instructed to throw together a lot of casseroles - sure they have some meat but no where near every kid getting their own chicken breast; you shred in a few chicken breasts and stretch it out with soup and pasta.

• Like 8

Someone on the Bates subReddit went to one of the Boutique cash and carries and she said the first thing that struck her was how tiny they all are. I don't think there's a Bates son over 5'8." Even Jackson looks like he's stretching himself to the limit to appear taller in that photo. 

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I was trying to think of something playing on Emerson, Lake & Palmer* but I'm not clever enough. 

*old timey "supergroup" from when boomers were young!

I only go back to when Robert Palmer was solo back in the 80s. 😃

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Was Jackson the one that wanted to be a Marine?

I think so. Fundie men, especially the Bates brothers love to pose with guns and flags. But god forbid they join the military and experience real life.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5

Jackson and Emerson: Oooo What a Lucky Man He Is 

(for @BetyBee) 😉

I am old enough to remember.  They did a concert at Olympic Stadium in Montreal in 1977.  I believe they recorded an album of that live performance.  I did not go but I remember how excited everyone was about it. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup, but he settled on going to ALERT instead. Only his cohort got canceled due to Covid, so I don't think he ever ended up going.

Was ALERT Gil’s idea? I recall someone mentioning he was redirected. To think he could have had vocational training he could use for the rest of his life. Not to mention job security for at least four years. 

• Like 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Was ALERT Gil’s idea? I recall someone mentioning he was redirected. To think he could have had vocational training he could use for the rest of his life. Not to mention job security for at least four years. 

Yeah, I remember him saying he was interested in the military, then all of a sudden they announced he was headed to ALERT. I don't recall there being a real discussion about it on the show, and I don't recall if Kelly posted about it on the Gram. That post (if it exists) would be the most telling. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

we could name them something to do with June and Johnny Cash...they did a song called Jackson and there is a line in it that says...go and comb your hair...so

J and E: she's going to Jackson, He's going to comb his hair...

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

we could name them something to do with June and Johnny Cash...they did a song called Jackson and there is a line in it that says...go and comb your hair...so

J and E: she's going to Jackson, He's going to comb his hair...

IMHO, they don’t deserve the comparison. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2023 at 10:48 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I remember him saying he was interested in the military, then all of a sudden they announced he was headed to ALERT. I don't recall there being a real discussion about it on the show, and I don't recall if Kelly posted about it on the Gram. That post (if it exists) would be the most telling. 

I definitely remember that Gil and Kelly redirected him.  I'm not sure what he would have had to do to get into the Marines if he had actually applied.  I'm sure he would have had to do something because his homeschool education was inadequate.  That's probably the biggest reason he was redirected to ALERT because Gil and Kelly didn't want a very public record of how poor their kids' education is.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I definitely remember that Gil and Kelly redirected him.  I'm not sure what he would have had to do to get into the Marines if he had actually applied.  I'm sure he would have had to do something because his homeschool education was inadequate.  That's probably the biggest reason he was redirected to ALERT because Gil and Kelly didn't want a very public record of how poor their kids' education is.

Or because there are women, people of color, and LGBTQ people in the Marine Corps, and Jackson might have had to take orders from one of them. I'm not sure Kelly and Gil care or even realize how much they screwed over their kids with the lousy "homeschooling." 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Yeah I don't think G&K think their homeschooling is bad at all - after all all the boys are in construction, so they can measure and add, what else do they need. Lol. And I don't think it wouldn't been hard to get into the Marines - he'd need a GED but so what, that takes a few months max.

But yeah I'm sure they are aware that they are now LGBT people in the military, women, lots of Hispanic and Black Americans, lots of unmarried fathers who joined the military upon impregnating someone and need benefits for their kid, there have always been non-Christians. Their precious baby taking orders from one of THOSE people!??! Plus military - OMG a JOB reporting to someone else with a VERY STRICT schedule, where he can't just come running home bc it's I Love You Day or bc some other sister popped out baby number 800 - uh no not for their precious son. I mean forget your sister having a baby, your own wife could be having baby number 11 and you don't get there because your chain of command doesn't approve leave or you're in the sandbox physically too far away to make it even if you have leave. None of these sacrifices are for the Bates. Sure they're world travelers now - where they can gaze at the poor, spew some bible verses, hand out some granola bars and make YT videos about it for $$.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

These two waste no time, wedding dress purchased, and today they were at Target working on their registry. Are they planning a May wedding? 

ETA: October 14

28685DA2-A0B6-4765-9F12-AAF4F0A4A799.thumb.jpeg.544cc986250a04248cb6818f059e6edc.jpeg

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 3