Type keyword(s) to search

Jackson and Emerson: They're Boring; We're Snoring

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looked quickly at their registry. They have a 55” Sony television, $648.00, and a Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine, $675.95.

Is that another registry? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s the one on The Knot, is that what you mean?

I only knew about the Target registry, I didn’t know they also have Amazon. Someone bought a similarly priced Espresso machine for Tiffany and Lawson, one of the first items in their registry purchased. That may have inspired Emerson. 

• Mind Blown 2

Tiffany comes from money/or at least upper middle class, so I can see her parents' friends or some aunt/uncle or someone like that that's known her forever giving them a $700 espresso machine. Wonder if Emerson is similarly well off and just used to this kind of living in her parents' home. Because if not is this like a registry for the leg humpers? Because I have to say no one is interested in the middle boys' weddings for the Bates - or even the Duggars - as much as they would've been say for an Erin or Jill or Joy Duggar or whoever - by now fundie weddings are old hat.

• Like 3

I know $700 sounds like a lot of money and it is a lot to ask for as a wedding gift, but there are a lot of even pricier espresso machines out there.  Looking at it another way though 2 grande drinks at Starbucks every day could run $10 a day.  That means the machine could pay for itself after 10 weeks not accounting for the cost of ingredients.

Still, I would never put that on a registry.  But I suppose if a group all chipped in it would be a win-win for everyone. 

My husband is Italian and we got married long before there was a Starbucks on every corner.  I got a couple of espresso makers as wedding gifts. I used them for over 40 years and heated up the milk in a saucepan until my kids got their dad a Nespresso for Father’s Day a couple of years ago. They looked like this: 😂0EDF5B1C-2518-407F-9D6B-732B57C6538A.thumb.jpeg.6311b9b90996023327cf7230807e9933.jpeg

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 3

My parents had that Italian coffee pot all during my childhood years. Not expensive and they last forever. No one needs those expensive espresso machines. Mom also had another one in which the water flowed in the opposite direction. Both made good coffee; maybe she paid $3.00 for each of them; lasted over 20 years. Now, that's a good deal.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

My parents had that Italian coffee pot all during my childhood years. Not expensive and they last forever. No one needs those expensive espresso machines. Mom also had another one in which the water flowed in the opposite direction. Both made good coffee; maybe she paid $3.00 for each of them; lasted over 20 years. Now, that's a good deal.

I would never ask for such an extravagant gift, but I'm wondering if a group of "sweet friends" pools money together to go in on a gift.  I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea.  My daughter and I once went in on a shower gift that was pricey for one individual, but put our gift money together to purchase an expensive gift that was on the registry.

Edited by zenme
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

I don’t recall where I read that Emerson’s mom and sister own a SM related business. It could be the Target registry is for Jackson’s side, and the Amazon registry is for Emerson’s side. 

A group gift is also a good idea. When my supervisor had a baby shower 15 years ago we were able to buy her a top of the line carseat/jogger stroller combo. We were a small unit, 4 social workers, 2 vocational assistants, and contributed according to our salaries. Sup and husband were serious runners and were blown away by the gift. It was their favorite. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I know $700 sounds like a lot of money and it is a lot to ask for as a wedding gift, but there are a lot of even pricier espresso machines out there.  Looking at it another way though 2 grande drinks at Starbucks every day could run $10 a day.  That means the machine could pay for itself after 10 weeks not accounting for the cost of ingredients.

Still, I would never put that on a registry.  But I suppose if a group all chipped in it would be a win-win for everyone. 

My husband is Italian and we got married long before there was a Starbucks on every corner.  I got a couple of espresso makers as wedding gifts. I used them for over 40 years and heated up the milk in a saucepan until my kids got their dad a Nespresso for Father’s Day a couple of years ago. They looked like this: 😂0EDF5B1C-2518-407F-9D6B-732B57C6538A.thumb.jpeg.6311b9b90996023327cf7230807e9933.jpeg

I love these!

The other thing that no one has mentioned is that with most registries the store gives you a discount on stuff no one purchases. So maybe they can buy themselves the machine after the fact at a good price.  My daughter-in-law did this with a baby registry.  She had some pricier items that she did not expect anyone to buy but she was able to get them at a decent discount.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

The other thing that no one has mentioned is that with most registries the store gives you a discount on stuff no one purchases. So maybe they can buy themselves the machine after the fact at a good price.  My daughter-in-law did this with a baby registry.  She had some pricier items that she did not expect anyone to buy but she was able to get them at a decent discount.

Hmmm, what’s stopping the rest of us from making fake registries for discounts? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
27 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jackson has moved to Florida. I'm assuming Clermont, Emy's hometown (also where Alyssa lives). I wonder what he's got lined up for work? I don't know what her dad does. 

I take it Emerson said "hell no" to living in a camper on the Duggar compound? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

If she’s anything like Tiffany, Lydia, the first girl Trace dated etc - she’s likely from a middle/upper middle class background without a litter of siblings. Girls raised like that aren’t going to agree to life in a trailer. I mean the only person we’ve seen coming from money and agreeing to trailer life even for a few months was Bobby but that’s when he was thinking w his dick and couldn’t dare say no to Tori.

If Em’s dad or some sweet friend from church happens to be in construction, that’s where he’ll be working. If not, it’s a relative certainty he’ll land with John’s family’s HVAC co - as John likes this set of brothers and will likely convince his brothers to hire him, help him get licensed etc.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, cereality said:

If Em’s dad or some sweet friend from church happens to be in construction, that’s where he’ll be working. If not, it’s a relative certainty he’ll land with John’s family’s HVAC co - as John likes this set of brothers and will likely convince his brothers to hire him, help him get licensed etc.

He could do worse.  If he can at least get certifications, he has a chance of supporting a family.  I wonder if he was just fine living anywhere as long as it wasn't in Tennessee with the family.  He has been in Arkansas for a while working with the Duggar boys, so it could be that moving to Florida was just fine with him.  Some of these kids have to be tired of being one of the horde and want to strike out on their own.  

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

He could do worse.  If he can at least get certifications, he has a chance of supporting a family.  I wonder if he was just fine living anywhere as long as it wasn't in Tennessee with the family.  He has been in Arkansas for a while working with the Duggar boys, so it could be that moving to Florida was just fine with him.  Some of these kids have to be tired of being one of the horde and want to strike out on their own.  

Let’s hope he was able to save enough money to at least rent a place that keeps Emerson in the lifestyle she has been raised. 

Someone mentioned the possibility of John taking him in the HVAC business. It is owned by John’s father, and the sons. It seems they have kept it in the family only. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 3

John's family business has employees though because they've def showed pics of holding a holiday dinner and there are 20+ guys there. John only has 3-4 brothers and only 1-2 nephews of age, so all those other people are employees. I'm not suggesting they are bringing Jackson into the business and offering him partnership and a share of the profit - of course that's for the family. But at this point Jackson would just do well to earn a decent consistent living and get the relevant training and licenses.

Kelly did say something on Jackson's pic re - can't wait to see your apartment. So no matter what it is, he has rented himself a place and won't be keeping Emmy in a trailer or something. Step up from Arkansas.

41 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I tend to think this is true for him. He was the one that wanted to enlist, mommy and daddy said no and said ALERT was just as good - lol - and he NEVER came back to Knox after that. I mean ALERT got canceled due to Covid in March 2020 and he still didn't return home - he went to the Duggars. He then got himself a job doing construction with someone else [IDK who but he randomly popped up in NJ a few times and had dinner with Katie] and then back to the Duggars working with Jason (or one of them?) in construction living on their land. 

He is close with Z and gives me the same vibe as younger Z. Z bought into his parents' BS like a good oldest son for years - if he was a Godly man, he'd get what he wanted blah blah. Then the girl he wanted to marry dumped him and Z's attitude towards his parents changed noticeably. It was a lot more - G&K are full of $hit and haven't cracked the meaning of life and I'm gonna do what I want even though they've handicapped me with minimal education etc. That's when he went to the county commissioner's office and got an office job he held for years, went to the police academy, chatted up Whit at Sonic and dated her, kissed her etc. Ultimately Z got brought back into the fold bc Whit is SOOOO desperate to fit in with G&K. But Jackson could be harboring the same time of grudge - you talked me out of doing what I wanted to do with military and I stupidly listened, well fine but now I'm going to go make the life I want and I don't need to be close to you and have you throwing in your two cents at all times.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Well the Duggar boys might apreciate more. (Jk, I knew what you  meant.)

Maybe they can get some from the Rodriguii! They've got enough ratty, fried, overlong hair to make toupees for the balding Duggars. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Jackson posted a video to his IG cosplaying a tough man. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Join the military and stop playing cowboy. Of course it was filmed by James Duggar. 

Edited by SMama
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Some friend of Jackson "interviewed" him. Apparently, he's working building docks. One of the Wissmann sons lives in the town Emerson is originally from, and what do you know? He has a dock business. I think the Bateses also know the Wissmanns independent of the Wells connection. So yeah, that's what he's up to these days 

• Useful 4
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Some friend of Jackson "interviewed" him. Apparently, he's working building docks. One of the Wissmann sons lives in the town Emerson is originally from, and what do you know? He has a dock business. I think the Bateses also know the Wissmanns independent of the Wells connection. So yeah, that's what he's up to these days 

Josie spent a few days with visiting “bff” Hannah Duggar. The interconnectivity is strong within fundie circles.  

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, SMama said:

Josie spent a few days with visiting “bff” Hannah Duggar. The interconnectivity is strong within fundie circles.  

The rot runs deep. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SMama said:

The Wissmann brother in Florida (Andrew) has been married 12 years, so he is more Zach's generation than Jackson's. Not like Hannah who is only a couple years older than Josie. If Jackson is indeed working for Andrew, I wonder how the connection was made. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Lol. Go forth and register at Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A, no one cares.

And they needed to pray re whether to switch registry stores? Y’all don’t think the Lord has bigger issues that where you get your blender??

Love that Josie was one of his first likes on that post (along w Michael and Joy Duggar). Michael and Joy fine, but think hard Josie (Katie; Carlin; and Alyssa) - Target is your idea of a party party. What are you gonna do when you get bored if not Target? Though Josie will just pull a Disneyland - go all the time but carefully keep it off socials.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Lol. Go forth and register at Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A, no one cares.

And they needed to pray re whether to switch registry stores? Y’all don’t think the Lord has bigger issues that where you get your blender??

Love that Josie was one of his first likes on that post (along w Michael and Joy Duggar). Michael and Joy fine, but think hard Josie (Katie; Carlin; and Alyssa) - Target is your idea of a party party. What are you gonna do when you get bored if not Target? Though Josie will just pull a Disneyland - go all the time but carefully keep it off socials.

And where C&E decided to do their birth announcement.

image.png.825a5fc5b1a0c6994b0ea366113d6e09.png

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did anyone else catch the spread with his rifle and holstered hand gun? Bullet in his teeth? What a jackass.

They left the comments on for that one.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe she removed her “like”.

And now Josie has liked it again after unliking it for a while. Lol girlfriend can’t figure out how she wants to handle culture wars while also running a business. Think hard Josie - rub those brain cells together or ask your husband to figure it out for you. Yeah you aren’t doing make up for gay weddings but do you really think ALL your clientele is fundie? Do you really believe people raising 27 kids in a trailer without TV money are really hiring hair and make up for their daughters’ weddings? Or do you think some of your $ comes from regular Christian couples - you know people who want to be Christ like or people who’ve decided to live and let live on the LGBT issue bc oh look their favorite cousin or sibling came out?

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
58 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The rest of the likes on that post are to be expected. No surprises from KJ to Joy Forsyth. 

They’re all sickening bigots. Disgusting. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Well, if they don’t like some of Target’s merchandise because it conflicts with their beliefs in this case, I hope they’re ready for companies who actually research their beliefs, to decline collaborating with them. I wonder what other companies they will take a “stand” against. Will they be vetting every company? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

They'll be back at Target in a few months just like all the fundies are back at Disney.  It's just that a few loudmouths have taken to harassing Target employees in an effort to force their bigotry on the rest of us.  Whatever these people have, it never seems to be enough. 

BTW according to their dissertation, they are not trying to tell others how to live, yet a few sentences later they are saying that they are doing this to get Target to stop carrying merch they don't like.  They can kiss my grits.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Meanwhile Carlin is silently cursing Jackson because she doesn’t WANT to have to shop at Walmart.  Target has cuter stuff plus they have Starbucks inside. 
BTW Walmart sells Pride merchandise too. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Heading to target now 

Hit Target last night and tossed a couple extra things I really didn't need into my cart while thinking of the Bates and their bigotry.  

• Thanks 5
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 5

They'll all be shopping at Target as soon as Pride month is over the end of June. They can't stay away. John Webster got mad with Target a number of years ago over something to do with the bathrooms and transgender individuals. He proclaimed that from then on he would not shop at Target. That didn't last. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

They'll all be shopping at Target as soon as Pride month is over the end of June. They can't stay away. John Webster got mad with Target a number of years ago over something to do with the bathrooms and transgender individuals. He proclaimed that from then on he would not shop at Target. That didn't last. 

Exactly. It's like all the idiot celebrities who swear they're moving to Europe if X/Y/Z gets elected President. They're all still here 🙄. Virtue signaling tends to have an expiration date. 

• Like 6