Type keyword(s) to search

Raquel, Rachel; One woman's strange erotic journey from Sur to TomTom

• Start Topic

On 3/13/2023 at 12:54 PM, lili45 said:

She actually cried (when out with Peter) that there wouldn’t be any more pageants in her life, lol. Drama Queen.

But her botox made me hesitate because initially she looked like she had stomach cramps, then it looked like she was either grinning or grimmacing, then it was... oh are those tears?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

I can't really quite figure out the fine line of Rachel's awkwardness and the lights are on but no one's home, and the staged scriptedness of the show. She is very flat and devoid of expression ( I don't think it's just the botox) but then again, how much is her real emotion? I guess this applies to all of them. The only thing that seems to ring true through all of this is that each really wants to remain on the show and  a story line is pretty much needed.

• Like 11
22 hours ago, Mother of Odin said:

Them men keep saying she's so beautiful. I don't see it

Honesty I don’t see it either. I find her face shape strange. Great legs though. I always thought Katie was stunning - her looks are more natural/original and she doesn’t need the gobs of makeup. The rest of the girls are obviously very attractive, but in a more typical pretty girl way.

Being in pageants she knows how to put herself together. She’s still young but I don’t think she’s going to age very well.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Raquel could had been one of the key cast had she not had an affair with Tom.

This season, post engagement with James - I felt bad for her when she had that breakdown on their way to Havasu. With Scheana and Ariana encouraging her to have fun as a single girl, the show would have had fans rallying for her. She would have had a few seasons as the underdog and had the others trying to find her a good guy.

Lala and Katie would have been the mean girls.

It's bizarre, that her logic entails being with a man - and that the man has to be someone who was already a star on the show. The fact that he had a girlfriend didn't matter. The fact that the girlfriend welcomed er with open arms didn't matter. There is no remorse, because I think Raquel doesn't think she did anything wrong.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Raquel could had been one of the key cast had she not had an affair with Tom.

This season, post engagement with James - I felt bad for her when she had that breakdown on their way to Havasu. With Scheana and Ariana encouraging her to have fun as a single girl, the show would have had fans rallying for her. She would have had a few seasons as the underdog and had the others trying to find her a good guy.

Lala and Katie would have been the mean girls.

It's bizarre, that her logic entails being with a man - and that the man has to be someone who was already a star on the show. The fact that he had a girlfriend didn't matter. The fact that the girlfriend welcomed er with open arms didn't matter. There is no remorse, because I think Raquel doesn't think she did anything wrong.

Nice of you to dream up this scenario for her but there's no there, there, so it makes perfect sense to me that she thought she had to linked to Tom or whatever other guy she might have chosen. She has extremely poor communication skills and/or is not very intelligent, so your hopes for her would have been quickly dashed.

I am not feeling an ounce of sympathy for Raquel given her mammoth disregard for girl code, but I hope that for her sake she's done with this show. If she truly is in a mental health facility, going back will undo any good that's happening. She needs to go to grad school and get a life in the real world.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I think she must have been medicated, but I don’t blame her.  She must be hurt she’s been at a mental health center for 2 months. They don’t keep you that long unless there is real concern for mental well-being.

Wait, did she really go to one? I thought it turned out to be a fancy private spa.

• Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

fancy private spa

And what a coincidence that the health conscience sandy "just happened" to be at Miraval while rachel is in Tucson with her parents at a "mental health facility"

When do you believe liars?

When do you believe "crisis pr teams"?

When do you believe the media?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by itsadryheat
changed liar to liarS
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2023 at 8:49 PM, princelina said:

In my experience guys think girls are hot because of their bodies more than their faces 😁

So true. Men will take a cute girl with a banging body over a stunningly beautiful girl with an okay body any day. 

I do think Raquel is VERY pretty. Big brown eyes, little nose, full lips, long model legs. Not so sure about her as a person. I can't tell if she's a decent person who messed up badly and perhaps has some mental health issues, or if she's rotten like Tom.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

and perhaps has some mental health issues, o

I think she's just blindingly dumb as a fucking box of rocks.  You can almost see her face scrunching up as if she was literally trying to translate English into Pageant Girl. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
17 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

VPR's Raquel Leviss Will Reveal "Unfiltered Truth" About Scandoval After Leaving Mental Health Facility
After the VRP reunion finished airing, it's being reported that Raquel Leviss will no longer be holding back; she's about to tell the full truth.

Read in Screen Rant: https://apple.news/A9T47JhCAQU24mcpsuBM6zg

Hopefully, this is in addition to her interview after the reunion.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 6/9/2023 at 9:04 PM, JenE4 said:

VPR's Raquel Leviss Will Reveal "Unfiltered Truth" About Scandoval After Leaving Mental Health Facility
After the VRP reunion finished airing, it's being reported that Raquel Leviss will no longer be holding back; she's about to tell the full truth.

Read in Screen Rant: https://apple.news/A9T47JhCAQU24mcpsuBM6zg

And all for the low, low cost of $99.99.........

• LOL 7

This podcaster does an excellent job recounting her 5 seasons on VPR, and tying them together into one portrait of her behavior and storyline.

Today's Bravo Paper is an in-depth analysis of Raquel Leviss -- the newest and most surprising villain in Vanderpump Rules' history. In this episode, I deconstruct Raquel’s villain origin story, and spoiler alert, it started way before she aged out of pageants.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/who-is-raquel-leviss-from-bambi-eyed-b-tch-to-whats/id1686776398?i=1000612683871&l=zh

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

The Bravo Papers podcaster says that Rachel did not have a natural rapport with this group. But I strongly believe that she would not have a natural rapport with ANY group.

In the Secrets Revealed scene with all the women at the restaurant where Charli was serving, Rachel sits there, vacant-eyed, laughing and smiling ONLY after other women laugh. 

She only, I am guessing, becomes interesting to the others when she discusses sex. 

And this is AFTER she feels more confident because fans are siding with her, against James and Lala’s verbal abuse.

She will do anything to achieve her goals, but she is still too stupid the pull it off successfully. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Another d- -k move: Rachel posted about Summer’s birth before Scheana had a chance to.

Forgot this one. Charli recounted the time during the glamping trip when her apartment was broken into. She asked rachel to wait for her and drive up later. She said no, I need to go in sandy's car. The premeditated kicking Jamie out of the hotel room the morning they arrived. She is not a friend to the women. I am happy people have compassion for what we have seen portrayed. She is awfully old to be lacking this level of moral character. Curious how one develops integrity and a moral character at almost 30.

There is nothing redeeming about this thing. Lies, is not a friend, missing emotional intelligence, financial leech, has nothing interesting going on in her life other than failed pageant girl and model (yawn), is not witty, no humor. Other than gossip, conversations with her must be torture. I'll give her and the sister props for weaseling her way into this show. Wonder what they'll decide her next move will be.

She's only better than sandy in one area, she doesn't loudly and aggressively yell at women.

Edited by itsadryheat
typo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

This is from Raquel’s Instagram:

This is my Grandma Buttons. She created my mom Laura and my biological mom Susan. I shared a little bit about my in family adoption on this week’s episode. My mom Laura (pictured in slide 2) couldn’t conceive so when her younger sister Susan had an unplanned pregnancy with me, she offered to have me for my mom! Susan had my biological half sister Kate (pictured slide 3) and my half brother David about a decade before she was pregnant with me and since she was done having kids, my parents adopted me at birth!! I thank my lucky stars I was raised by such loving parents. I know I have the best dad ever (pictured in slide 5) and my mom has been such a momma bear to me my whole life. When I was a teenager, my mom encouraged me to pursue modeling and to step out of my comfort zone through pageants. I love my family so much, especially Buttons who we all just adore.

Why is she saying offered? This isn’t like Emily Simpson on OC. Emily couldn’t carry to full term, so her sister offered to get Emily/Shanes embryos implanted, she agreed to be a surrogate so that Emily/Shane could have their children. Raquel’s, was her bio mom did not want her third child and gave Raquel to her sister. Why is she referring to her bio sister and bio brother as half-siblings. Don’t they all share the same bio dad?

Encouraged her to enter pageants? I’ve said it before – shame on these people for putting a teenager with serious self-esteem issues into a circuit that judges girls on a superficial level.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

This is my Grandma Buttons. She created my mom Laura and my biological mom Susan. I shared a little bit about my in family adoption on this week’s episode. My mom Laura (pictured in slide 2) couldn’t conceive so when her younger sister Susan had an unplanned pregnancy with me, she offered to have me for my mom! Susan had my biological half sister Kate (pictured slide 3) and my half brother David about a decade before she was pregnant with me and since she was done having kids, my parents adopted me at birth!! I thank my lucky stars I was raised by such loving parents. I know I have the best dad ever (pictured in slide 5) and my mom has been such a momma bear to me my whole life. When I was a teenager, my mom encouraged me to pursue modeling and to step out of my comfort zone through pageants. I love my family so much, especially Buttons who we all just adore.

Why is she saying offered? This isn’t like Emily Simpson on OC. Emily couldn’t carry to full term, so her sister offered to get Emily/Shanes embryos implanted, she agreed to be a surrogate so that Emily/Shane could have their children. Raquel’s, was her bio mom did not want her third child and gave Raquel to her sister. Why is she referring to her bio sister and bio brother as half-siblings. Don’t they all share the same bio dad?

Encouraged her to enter pageants? I’ve said it before – shame on these people for putting a teenager with serious self-esteem issues into a circuit that judges girls on a superficial level.

“Offered,” as in instead of surrendering the kid to blind adoption, she would give her to Laura? Quite frankly, I’m not sure who the biodad is. I always assumed David and Susan were products of Laura and Casey (think that’s his name — the guy who hates James’s guts). But who knows, since Rachel is far from being a Nobel geneticist and has trouble putting one-and-a-half thoughts together.

Rachel’s birth mom is pretty much out of the picture.

All Laura did was rear a emotionally fragile, stunted, and insecure person who can’t handle any kind of relationship in a healthy or normal way, IMO. She made it clear in her TH in “Lady and the Glamp” (which is on Bravo now, coincidentally) that she was essentially lost as a person after she aged out of pageants. It’s almost enough to make me feel sorry for her. Almost.

Buttons seems to be the only likeable person in that family. “Go have a ciggy with Buttons.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Forgot this one. Charli recounted the time during the glamping trip when her apartment was broken into. She asked rachel to wait for her and drive up later. She said no, I need to go in sandy's car. The premeditated kicking Jamie out of the hotel room the morning they arrived. She is not a friend to the women. I am happy people have compassion for what we have seen portrayed. She is awfully old to be lacking this level of moral character. Curious how one develops integrity and a moral character at almost 30.

There is nothing redeeming about this thing. Lies, is not a friend, missing emotional intelligence, financial leech, has nothing interesting going on in her life other than failed pageant girl and model (yawn), is not witty, no humor. Other than gossip, conversations with her must be torture. I'll give her and the sister props for weaseling her way into this show. Wonder what they'll decide her next move will be.

She's only better than sandy in one area, she doesn't loudly and aggressively yell at women.

100%

I think that the reason Lala doesn’t bother me as much she bothers some people is because she reacts to Rachel the way I would. Rachel brings nothing to the table except the shaky, quivering voice that makes me crazy. Rachel smiles, laughs, agrees with others, states the obvious or talks about sex. And mooches. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Maybe the siblings don't have the same parents, just the same mother. 

As for pageants (as well as other careers in entertainment), my personal opinion is that it's not a good idea for kids, or teenagers to get involved in those.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1

Raquel has said that as a teenager, her mom encouraged her to go into the pageant circuit.

I''m starting to doubt if this is true.

I think, Raquel as a child, was very manipulative, and she knew how to get things she wanted from her parents.

I think it was Raquel who wanted to try the pageants, and I think it was Raquel who wanted to continue for 15 years and got her parents to finance it.

This is just an analogy. Let's say I have a teenaged son. He wants to try singing. I want to encourage him and i get him singing lessons and a coach. After 6 months of lessons, my son says when he grows up he wants to be a singer in a band or a solo artist. I then hear him sing in his first recital. People in the audience are cringing, my son has an awful voice and he is totally tone deaf. After the recital, I hear him singing constantly at home - and he is absolutely terrible. Now while, I don't want to break his heart, I have to sit him down and tell him he can't sing but he can still follow a profession in the music industry. I would think that would be what a normal parent would do.

With Raquel, I could see her mother indulging Raquel's desire to try out in pageants. I could see the mother financing the first few years. At this point in time, Raquel has never placed, her public speaking has not improved one bit. I wouldn't continue financing this. This is not a mother who is living vicariously through her daughter, because what I heard is that no one in her family ever attended any of her pageants. It was Scheana, Ariana, Tom that went to her competitions - Raquel had no family or friends there.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was Scheana, Ariana, Tom that went to her competitions - Raquel had no family or friends there.

I was just thinking about this-where were the pageant parents? pageant sister? For all we know, she could have lied to them and didn't want them to attend. Only wanted her new family. Or didn't want them to meet sandy. 

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I was just thinking about this-where were the pageant parents? pageant sister? For all we know, she could have lied to them and didn't want them to attend. Only wanted her new family. Or didn't want them to meet sandy. 

Why doesn't she have pageant friends?

Or any friends outside of the ones Scheana and Ariana introduced her to?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yet another d- -k move: A couple years ago, she posted a photo of Katie and her and wrote, “Happy Birthday, Katie!” Rachel chose a photo that was very unflattering for Katie.

I fell down a rabbit hole

Didn't Raquel justify her kissing Schwartz by saying Katie and I aren't friends?

But Raquel fucked Sandoval and Ariana was her friend.

So is Raquel telling Katie, hey since we're not friends you're lucky I only kissed Schwartz, because if we were friends, I would have fucked him?

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 6/16/2023 at 11:14 PM, KungFuBunny said:

This is not a mother who is living vicariously through her daughter, because what I heard is that no one in her family ever attended any of her pageants. It was Scheana, Ariana, Tom that went to her competitions - Raquel had no family or friends there.

Wait, I thought she became too old to do pageants before she joined the show.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Wait, I thought she became too old to do pageants before she joined the show.

You are absolutely correct. KFB meant that before Rachel had aged out, her family members were not attending to support her.

I think. I was wrong before. Maybe her family members were not gagging…? 🙃

• LOL 2

Unaired Fight between Lala and Rachel. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qSvdaeW9feY

During the beach day episode, after schwartz went after Lala's business while stuffing his face … Rachel approached Lala and said that she felt she didn’t get paid enough for a photo shoot she did for Lala's Bambi Eyed Bitch eyeshadow palette.

Rachel agreed to 2 hours of work @ $500 an hour and then after the fact decided to complain. On Beach Day. When camera's were rolling.

Lala mentioned on her podcast if Rachel WASN’T happy with that amount, Lala would have negotiated with her ahead of time. I guess this is why real models have agents…

The weekend that scandoval broke Lala put the Bambi Eyed Bitch palette on clearance sale…

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Unaired Fight between Lala and Rachel. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qSvdaeW9feY

During the beach day episode, after schwartz went after Lala's business while stuffing his face … Rachel approached Lala and said that she felt she didn’t get paid enough for a photo shoot she did for Lala's Bambi Eyed Bitch eyeshadow palette.

Rachel agreed to 2 hours of work @ $500 an hour and then after the fact decided to complain. On Beach Day. When camera's were rolling.

Lala mentioned on her podcast if Rachel WASN’T happy with that amount, Lala would have negotiated with her ahead of time. I guess this is why real models have agents…

The weekend that scandoval broke Lala put the Bambi Eyed Bitch palette on clearance sale…

Ooooh!!! You are a god/goddess to find this and post it. I eat this stuff up!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I can't believe that's an actual palette. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Interesting that she had a premonition "that she might be portrayed as a villain this season". 

I guess that means she had a premonition that she would be having mental health issues causing her to be in a mental health facility the following year (until contract negotiations), MIA, and unavailable to publicly take accountability for her behavior.

Ok, rachel. You won the Villain Crown now wear it. You don't get to trade it in for the Victim Crown because the public isn't buying that your behavior is an act to gain fame from appearing on a tv show.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Minor detail, but iirc the press release from Rachel’s “team” said she was in a behavioral treatment centre. Am I misremembering that?

• Like 3
On 6/16/2023 at 9:56 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rachel asked if she could go on the glamping trip. According to The Bravo Papers, Scheana had organized it. 

I feel as if Rachel would crash every gathering. My mother taught me that that is rude.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel as if Rachel would crash every gathering. My mother taught me that that is rude.

Funny, I’ve been catching bit of podcasts done by other VPR cast members and one of Lala’s mentioned that Raquel showed up uninvited to Lala’s baby daughter’s birthday party (thrown during the off-season so it wasn’t even about grabbing camera time). Very WTF considering she and Lala are not even friends.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3