Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Love Is One Thing, Knowledge Is Another

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I thought she was only pushing not wearing the hijab. The hijab does look suffocating

Not that I disagree with you, but his mom was asking about a head scarf.  Shaeeda and Bilal's ex (Shaeda?) pulled those off pretty well.  I don't really see that going with her 1920 newsboy look, but she shouldn't be surprised about that.

43 minutes ago, Meh said:

I get the feeling that Gabe will always have to have just one more surgery, that his body will never be quite the way he wants it to be.

and just one more elaborate tattoo to hide the scars. I have to say I have been fascinated by the amount of facial and body hair he has. Is that all just caused by testosterone? 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, sandwoman said:

Just saw a few clips from this season and Jen is the oldest looking 46 year old I've ever seen. Either she's lying about her age or she's had a very rough life!

She's had a lot of work done, and not all of it good.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 4
39 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

She's had a lot of work done, and not all of it good.

Since she claims to be a world traveler, I wonder where she had it done? Wasn't there some evidence that she had a weight loss balloon procedure on a prior trip to India? 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, JayDub1987 said:

Wide mouth Jen's "workout" cracked me up. Since when is playing pattycake and waving your hands back and forth really fast what you do in an exercise class? 

When one's instructor calls in a couple of his gal-pals saying laughingly, "Hey, this rich American lady is here with a film crew.  Let's give them something to talk about. Don't worry...just do whatever I say."

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

"I don't want it bigger, I want to live.” 😂😂

Seriously that coffee shop talk they had was hilarious and endearing at the same time, rooting for these two. That translator was plotting against him, definitely a tough opponent! 😂 But he educated Isabel (and consequently us) so well despite that. I love their humor and how they tackle things as a couple. I really see the love and hope it works!

Gee Danielle, if you don't want to sleep alone, then perhaps maybe don't call your husband toxic and tell him to shut up. I’m so over those two. I plan to fast forward from now on. And no I’m not jealous, I just can’t watch anymore of it.

Kris is in withdrawal. It's so obvious. She's sweating and shaking etc. She was totally hoping she would get something "good" from that doctor.

Kris complaining about neck pain but then sitting in bed with her neck at a 90 degree angle? SMH. Anybody with a legit neck problem wouldn't be laying in bed with her head up against the wall like that. She’s been in Colombia 4 days. I think she's going through withdrawal. My mouth was on the floor when she called Jeymi too needy when she literally came to Columbia with a million and one complications and failed to mention all of them online. Poor Jeymi needs to run away fast. Who chooses to have a serious conversation like that in the middle of a furniture store? WHY. DOES. SHE. ALWAYS. HAVE. SOMETHING. WACKY. GOING. ON. Jeymi better hopes Kris never comes back from Alabama.

Rishi and Jen have all the makings of a romantic comedy. The spunky dance teacher who is helping her navigate the situation solidified it. Jen needs to ditch Rishi for the fitness instructor.

Ousamma looks like the dad from The Wild Thornberrys. His little toof.

Those two will be a disaster. Anyone else calling it?

It’s no wonder Nicole and Mahmoud are always fighting, they spend 90% of their time living in a highlighter pink room. I’d be irritated looking at that shit too.

Lots of snarkers have been criticizing Nicole for not “respecting the culture” enough, but not enough criticizing Mahmoud for choosing such an unsuitable partner. It’s obvious that she would never be happy being told exactly what to wear, so why didn’t he just marry another conservative Egyptian woman? He seems very hardline too. The photo below is of some female Egyptian government ministers, most are not in hijab. It’s not fair that he liked her for being a stylish Westerner before and now he’s trying to change who she is. Most of her outfits on the show probably are culturally acceptable but not acceptable to him because he’s very strict, I wonder if that’s what she means when she complains there’s no flexibility.

Maybe I’m biased because there’s no way in hell I’d ever let a man tell me what to do, or get up to make everyone tea at 4am!

This season is making me think long and hard about my life. Is it just me?

7CA10079-209C-407E-A274-B0F89855ED14.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

You're right, Hotel Snarker!  Not only did Mahmood pick an American, but one about as far from his culture and rules as he could get.  There are plenty of American women who dress conservatively though they aren't Muslim, if that's his biggest thing.  Why did he go for someone whose entire identity is in her clothing?  I suspect, as I said last week, he was looking for a beard and went way wrong.

I'd never make it as an Indian housewife (and I suspect Rishi is even more hardline than Sumit).  I'm not safe around a stove at 4AM.  Serve the entire family?  Half the time, my husband serves me.  Jen doesn't seem like the type to stand for that, either.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

Every time I see Nicole wearing this jumpsuit in her intro, I expect her to be looking under the hood of a car image.png.d9cc9d138f490ff53950b783c6109ac2.png2C4674EA-19A5-4F7D-A5BC-BBA84702F452.thumb.jpeg.61a3f81dd0f84a46e867ea3894926a22.jpeg

Pretty sure my Pepaw had the same outfit back in the 70s.

fcqq1YQ.png

• Fire 1
  • LOL 10
On 3/13/2023 at 9:59 AM, bichonblitz said:

If that were true she would have sold it before it sat in the garage collecting dust. She needs to support her drug habit speaking of which I think she's going home to "re-stock".

I thought he said he stays semi-erect all of the time because of the surgery and sex has been no problem for him. It's confusing but Isobel seems happy so what ever is going on "down there" seems to be good enough for her. He also said he ejaculates which really has me confused. I had to lmao when Isobel said penises are ugly! Then on Pillow Talk Tim said well, vagina's are, too! 

I thought it was her exercise instructor friend that said that. 

Getting up at 4am to make tea for the family is insane. 

Yes, you're correct!

• Like 1
On 3/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, sandwoman said:

Just saw a few clips from this season and Jen is the oldest looking 46 year old I've ever seen. Either she's lying about her age or she's had a very rough life!

Those two yellow streaks in her hair at the front of her face aren't doing her any favors, either. I haven't seen that since 1975.

• Like 4

I honestly do not understand what Danielle's issue is. To me personally, him saying she lost the baby when she really had an abortion is not lying. She didn't have the baby. That's all that matters. Danielle needs to get over herself.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

She didn't have the baby.

And if the ex DID, Danielle would probably be even more upset to know that there's a little Yohan or Yohanna wandering around the DR that he might have to support and continue to interact with his Baby Mama. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 3/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Who chooses to have a serious conversation like that in the middle of a furniture store?

I think there's actually a "has a serious conversation in a furniture store" Bingo square! Haven't seen it in a while. Welcome back, old friend. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think there's actually a "has a serious conversation in a furniture store" Bingo square! Haven't seen it in a while. Welcome back, old friend. 

I'd really love to see a spin-off that's just people awkwardly reacting to the filming of this show in public spaces.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, several couples have appeared in similar scenes, but never seem to agree about BUYING anything! Did Yara get her $ 500 PILLOW? I just remembered Thais's $ 300 vase. I think maybe Kris and Jeymi are the first to test out a mattress, though. Are they auditioning for "Pillow Talk"? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Yes, several couples have appeared in similar scenes, but never seem to agree about BUYING anything! Did Yara get her $ 500 PILLOW? I just remembered Thais's $ 300 vase. I think maybe Kris and Jeymi are the first to test out a mattress, though. Are they auditioning for "Pillow Talk"? 

I seem to recall SOMEONE testing out a mattress, and the shrieks of "EWWWWW" that followed as we watched, horrified, in the live chat. Who remembers who it was? Someone will know.

• Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I seem to recall SOMEONE testing out a mattress, and the shrieks of "EWWWWW" that followed as we watched, horrified, in the live chat. Who remembers who it was? Someone will know.

Wasn't it Kobe and Emily?  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
On 3/14/2023 at 8:50 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

If the thief's defense is "She loaned me the bike," Kris might be required to testify that she did not give him permission to enter the garage or take her motorcycle. If the bike was insured, the insurer may require her to cooperate with any criminal proceeding.

I've been cutting Kris a lot of slack, but this is where I officially call BS on her story. As others have mentioned, these cases are scheduled months ahead of time.

<snip>

Bingo! My thought exactly - she's been called to testify because if she doesn't, the accused may walk free.

Kris never said she didn't know the date of the trial until she received the letter.

What she did say is she was originally told she didn't need to testify. The letter said she did need to testify — so something changed.

Perhaps it was thought the accused would accept a plea bargain, but he refused to do so. With Kris out of the country, making it difficult for her to testify, the accused or his council may think he has a good chance of being acquitted. 

19 hours ago, Fable said:

Wasn't it Kobe and Emily?  

That rings a bell! That must have happened after she made him sleep in the guest room? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1

Dumpy Danielle and Negative Nicole just need to go the hell home (and to a salon for the former's dark roots and the latter for any hair color other than blonde).

Gabe and Isobel are the only couple I like and she's particularly adorable. Why does her family even need to know he was born female? I would never have guessed even for a second that he was. 

Hey, did you know Stephanie Kris has an illness(es)? Diclofenac is amazing! A few years ago after a long day of touring Pompeii, my legs and feet were in so much pain I could barely walk. My best friend took me to a pharmacy near our hotel and since she speaks Italian she told them my symptoms. They gave me Diclofenac pills and I was in pleasant shock that in less than an hour I was absolutely pain-free and not lurching about like I was drunk. (I always wonder if that's what my neighbors think I am as I stagger into the house after a hike!) I couldn't remember the name of it until the doctor gave the shot to Kris and then I immediately ordered some on Amazon, although unlike in Italy where the pills were OTC here it's only the topical form. It's worth a try, though, because I'm always still hobbling around the day after a hike.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
On 3/13/2023 at 3:57 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

Kris is clearly a drug addict. She thought she could easily get her narcotics in Columbia over the counter. She can’t. She’s jonesing and returning to the states so she can  re-up. She’s really gross. How  does she think this is sexy? Or I know! She doesn’t real care. Her poor girlfriend. She should cut her losses and run. 

Nicole is a drama Queen. She’ll never be comfortable there. Another one that needs to just go home. She does not fit in and never will.

Wide mouth Jen is naive to think any of this would work. And her flailing around “exercising “ was sadly comical. 

I finally understand Gabe’s puffy nips. His girl seems quite happy. I wish them well. 

Debbie’s son is going to feel vindicated. Osama played this old lady. Deb seems to be the only one surprised. 

• Like 2