Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

🌟💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 🌟

This topic shines bright with a Green Light for showcasing the best of our community. Your contributions reflect our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Here’s to celebrating and continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for fostering a healthy and inclusive environment.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and celebrate diverse perspectives in the whole of the Top Chef forum and beyond.

- Spotlight: Share your favorite threads that exemplify great discussions to inspire other topics and sub-forums. Use the tag [GreenLightSpotlight].

- Grow Together: Encourage and guide other sub-forums by sharing your strategies for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive. Let's continue to be a beacon of healthy discourse!

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Really impressed by Victoire, she can speak seven languages. The biscuit challenge was fun. Ali is back. Tom might have a target  on his back now. He sounded so smug and he didn’t care that he did not follow the rules of the challenge. Not a good attitude. 

I was thinking that I’d never seen a contestant on Top Chef intentionally eat something they know will give them a reaction.  It’s crazy she did it but it must have been worth it to her.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Mead is good.  The Renaissance Festival here has had a mead tent or two for years now.  And tomorrow I am going to a meadery (like a distillery or brewery, but for mead) after work. 

ETA: it's not honeyed beer, it's honey wine

• Useful 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

The Renaissance Festival here has had a mead tent

Yeah, that's where I first had it -- at a renaissance festival about 25 years ago.  It's too sweet for me to enjoy more than a glass.

Edited by Bastet
(edited)
35 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Is the phone call home still a harbinger of doom?  I hope not. 

I think the producers finally caught on to that, and started featuring calls home with cheftestants who aren't going home.   

Begona with the cookie that was stuck was so cute, and her dish looked wonderful.   

Watching the cheftestants cooperate so well at the grocery store was so nice.  

I love the VRBO house and kitchen.   However that many chefs sharing one kitchen may get awkward.   How sad about Gabri's dad.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
(edited)

I love the family style meal with the wonderful dishes, but also the wonderful, touching stories. 

So, Tom (I guess Tom?) goofs with the cake, but he has immunity.    This is going to be such a painful loss of any of the chefs.  

Good for Amar!  And kudos to Victoire and Ali also. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Why do their plates look so clean when serving new dishes?  I guess they could be getting fresh ones from unseen helpers, but I prefer to think they are licking them clean 😋 

I noticed the clean plates, too, and I think for at least the judges it's important that they keep all the components of each dish separate from the food eaten before and after.  

Tom was making so many comments about having immunity that I was afraid he was jinxing himself: "Tom, normally if you have immunity you can't get sent home, but today we're changing that...."

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I've already forgotten who this guy competing against Begoña is.  Dale, right?

Yes.

One hour was not enough time for Dale and Begona. Neither tower looked that great.

Dancing Queens commercial--I wonder if Maneet will be on it. She is the Dancing Spice Queen after all (Tournament of Champions reference).

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Who did they say spent $160 of their $200 at the gourmet market? Tom?

I'm not sure.  He spent a lot of money at Whole Foods, so if he did it at Fortnum & Mason, too, that's interesting.

37 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Who did they say spent $160 of their $200 at the gourmet market? Tom?

Yes it was Tom.  How were the other chef’s okay with that?  I guess we are going to hear about it now that they are the losing team.

Edited by Emmeline

I'm watching the last few minutes of the picnic episode, and I think they should have skipped a cook off between Sylwia and Tom, and knifed Tom off.  He not only failed in his dish, but took 80% of his team's money to do it.  

I really like the guest judge for the Quick Fire, but I don't understand how the chefs will do a dish for some of the emojis.   I love Amar's attitude, and Gabri's.       I'm very worried for Victoire, since she seems totally lost.   

I love seeing the passing scenery when they're in the cars.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Sylwia went to LCK, and Tom survived again.   

I really hope Sylwia ends up back in the competiton. 

Interesting concept for the elimination challenge, and it should be interesting to see the execution of the dishes.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

Random, but does anyone get the commercial with Greg Gourdet and want the enchiladas that he makes to clean the pan? 

She looks lost a lot.  I wonder how long it takes her to translate what they say in her brain into what she needs to do?   

I can't take this quick fire seriously.   How many molds did Budda bring in his kit?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I missed the last two weeks because I was on vacation in London (so awesome)! Just watched the end of last week episode. So who went home? Tom or Sylvia? 
Emoji’s? Really? 

It was Sylvia, they had to make sandwiches for the quick fire.  I’m still not sure what she made in the main challenge.  You were very lucky to have been in the UK.  I love it there.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 1