Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

🌟💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 🌟

This topic shines bright with a Green Light for showcasing the best of our community. Your contributions reflect our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Here’s to celebrating and continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for fostering a healthy and inclusive environment.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and celebrate diverse perspectives in the whole of the Top Chef forum and beyond.

- Spotlight: Share your favorite threads that exemplify great discussions to inspire other topics and sub-forums. Use the tag [GreenLightSpotlight].

- Grow Together: Encourage and guide other sub-forums by sharing your strategies for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive. Let's continue to be a beacon of healthy discourse!

• Start Topic

It would be delusional at this point to hold out that "Maybe the editing is misdirection" hope.  There's no way it's not Sara and Amar.  I hate everyone.

• Like 5
(edited)

I can’t believe how sad I am about Sara and Amar.

But after I type that, I realize I would have been sad with any of those departures.  I guess I’m just extra-sad about Sara and Amar.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Tournament of Champions has officially replaced Top Chef as my favorite.  And with the presence of Guy Fieri, that's astounding.  I'll never quit this show, but I'm going to quit everything else without blind judging so I don't have to keep seeing a bunch of dudes in the end.

(Yes, Sara and Amar lost fair and square tonight.  That doesn't negate the cumulative bias that consistently results in such gender discrepancies between finalists in shows without blind judging and those with.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

LCK final winner to join Ali, Tom, Buddha and Gabri is Sara. 

Great showing in LCK by Charbel though.  I wish both Sara and Charbel would have come back. 

I love Padma's dress.  So much better than the blue one from last week. 

I don't like jellies, they remind me of my mother's beloved Jello molds for every occasion, in all kinds of bizarre combinations.  None of them were good. 

It figures Tom wanted to be a chef or a clown, I don't like clowns. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

I wonder if Buddha will make a desserts that looks like savory foods.

I think that Vote for your Favorite commercial showed only four chefs. Did anyone notice if that was the case? Or were there really five and I didn't look closely enough?

3 minutes ago, blixie said:

Tom said this challenge was made for him. He is for sure not going to France, like it's the kiss of death every time they think its in the bag.

I hope that's true, because I'm fearing for Ali with him seeming so unsure. I hope the editors are faking me out 

• Like 1

I always love the scenes of the cheftestants sitting around chatting, and especially this season.  Love Sara's reminiscing about kicking ass with the lamb prompting Gabri to tell Tom again that he screwed him with that.

• Like 3

Gabri's cheese foam looks icky.  I agree with the guest judge, it looks like a dirty plate. But, Gabri seems to have met the challenge.    

Sara's was clever, and fit the challenge.  I think Tom was too critical, even for him. 

Ali was creative, but the bottom layer was too dry for some of the judges. 

Tom's doesn't look appealing to me. Tom C. and Padma aren't fans of the dish. 

Buddha's looks amazing.  I think it's a good sign when one guest judge finished the entire plate before Buddha left the room. 

I love seeing the room the judging is in.  

This season has been a delight.  The last season during covid was lackluster because they weren’t able to go outside the kitchen that often.  I’m so enjoying all the lovely places they’ve gone in the UK.  I loved Buddha‘s plate and happy for Gabri too.  Either Ali or Tom could go.

• Like 2

I still say they should have had different judges for the international....and Top Chef is a show that is after ratings, etc.  Many of the "choices" that are made are calculated and in response to criticism that they have received. 

Sara is safe as hell, and only there because they want three in the bottom -- they loved her dish, just didn't think it was enough of a visual trick per the challenge.

Bye Tom. So excited for Paris. It’s so cool seeing the Eiffel Tower, I was there  past Easter Sunday. It was so crowded! I wonder how they make it look like there aren’t a bunch of tourists there? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I wonder how they make it look like there aren’t a bunch of tourists there? 

A filming permit and clever camera angles to supplement (maybe even erasure in post-production on top of that if needed).

• Like 3

Another Ali pun.  They're so bad, but they make me laugh every time.

I love Paris, and haven't been in many years -- this is making me wish I was there.

• Like 5