Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

🌟💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 🌟

This topic shines bright with a Green Light for showcasing the best of our community. Your contributions reflect our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Here’s to celebrating and continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for fostering a healthy and inclusive environment.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and celebrate diverse perspectives in the whole of the Top Chef forum and beyond.

- Spotlight: Share your favorite threads that exemplify great discussions to inspire other topics and sub-forums. Use the tag [GreenLightSpotlight].

- Grow Together: Encourage and guide other sub-forums by sharing your strategies for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive. Let's continue to be a beacon of healthy discourse!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Looks like Buddha might be lucky Gabri keeps burning shit.  But I'm still very worried about Victoire (she's serving now).

Damn, now that she's served, this is not good for Victoire.  I don't want her or Sara to go home.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2

Now Gabri's in trouble, and that I don't mind.  I don't dislike him (I don't dislike any of them [but I will not be sad to see Tom and Buddha go at any point if/when their time comes]), but he's been on the bottom more than any of them and now here he is, surely on the bottom again.

• Like 1
(edited)

It was obvious who the bottom three would be.  I’m nervous for my girl Victroie but I think Gabi might be going home this time.  

Edited by VintageJ
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I wish Sarah would have won.

Same.  They said the cheftestants could go traditional or do their own take, and Sara did the latter which can be great or terrible and nailed it.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3

Amar, Quickfire and Elimination winner! I'm delighted for him. 

All three of them did an obviously great job.

So Buddha, Gabri and Victoire are bottom 3. Tom skates by in the middle. Again.

• Like 2
Just now, VintageJ said:

It was obvious who the bottom three would be.  I’m nervous for my girl Victroie but I think Gabi might be going home this time.  

oh oh, it might be my girl

(edited)

I think someone's cutting onions in here, Amar mentioning Frank Cardoz is so sad.  R.I.P. chef.   

Amar's plate looks lovely.   All of the Thali plates look amazing.  Amar gets great reviews, Ali really impressed the judges.    Buddha is making me worry for him.  Gabri is making me worry too.   

Buddha's plate looks amazing, but how did he leave a dish off of Padma's plate?   The rice failed.  But dessert may carry him through.   Gabri burning everything is scary.  He's falling apart, and barely finishes, and his reviews are bad.    Victoire's dish looks very tasty, but her rice is bad, and under seasoned several dishes.    Tom's plate is OK, but some dishes failed.  Sara's dishes sound amazing, and putting her own twist on it is a smart idea.  

I'm worried for Buddha, Gabri, Tom, and Victoire.   

Sara, Ali and Amar on top.   Winner is Amar. I can imagine how happy Amar is to win a challenge, and it be cooking Indian food for Padma and Asma.   

Yes, Buddha, Gabri, and Victoire on the bottom. I can't believe Buddha screwed up the rice, forgot a dish on Padma's Thali, and made a bad dish.  Gabri burning everything was so awful, and not cleaning the Tamarind chutney was a huge error.   Victoire's rice and lamb were sub par, and no seasoning.       I'm guessing Gabri goes home. 

LCK for Victoire.   I think Gabri was worse. I'll miss her, great attitude, cooked her own cuisine.  She seems like a fantastic person. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

I like Sara taking charge and divvying up the water.

Amar cooking Indian food for the first time for Indian chefs worked so well he's decided to try dumplings for a chef who specializes in them.  Let's see how it goes this time.

I like Sara talking about how farmers have to be very cognizant of water use.

• Like 3

So we have US, Germany, Mexico, and Jordan chefs remaining.  Hard to say bye to any of these final 6.  If I had to pick, Tom is my least favorite, but I don’t dislike the guy.  I’m not looking forward to the 2 chefs packing their knives — team challenge eliminations at this point are brutal.

• Like 4
Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

At least they didn't have to cook in the dishwasher!  (Which I wouldn't put past TC.)

I like Tom asking "Okay, what are we going to be cooking in the dishwasher today?" about walking into the QF.

I'm worried for Sara and Amar based on the editing so far.  Hopefully that's misdirection, as I do NOT want her going home.

But love that flashback to the finals with Sara and Kelsey, where Sara was so happy for her.

• Like 2
(edited)

I love Sara talking to Kelsey.      

I'm glad Amar is wearing a headband.    I'm so worried for who is going home.  Now Buddha is worrying me.   So, Sara and Amar, Tom and Ali, and Gabri and Buddha.     There's only one chef I won't miss.   It's amazing that half of the top six are from the U.S. edition of the show.  

So, I'm guessing an entire team will go?  Or can they pick two chefs regardless of the partners? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
19 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

At least they didn't have to cook in the dishwasher!  (Which I wouldn't put past TC.)

Years ago my mom told me that one of our distant relatives told her that they heated their Easter Honey Baked Ham in the dishwasher!  I thought it was crazy but when I saw the dishwasher and they talked about steam, I wondered……

• LOL 1

I would not miss Buddha in the slightest (I don't dislike him, I just have never actually liked him compared to the chefs around him) and I'm annoyed Gabri has escaped so many bottom appearances, so I'm hoping they go home.  If it's Tom and Ali, I'm going to be really bummed because of Ali, and if it's Sara and Amar I'm going to be hella pissed because of her and even bummed because of him, which I would never have said during his original season.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, I'm guessing an entire team will go?  Or can they pick two chefs regardless of the partners?

I've always wished for the latter, but I believe they do the former.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

I've always wished for the latter, but I believe they do the former.

I've been thinking about this since Padma announced the double elimination and I think it may be telling that she didn't specify that the team would be eliminated. I'm hoping for mix and match. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Wow, all the team's Wellingtons look good.

• Like 2
(edited)

Raw lamb for Sara and Amar.  I'm sad for them.   In spite of the comments about Buddha and Gabri's dish, the Beef Wellington turned out well. 

On the BMW commercial, was the movie screen blocking the rear view mirror?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
(edited)

I'm so irritated by the cook on the lamb, because they'd have had the best dish that round if it had been cooked properly!

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3