Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

What ever the story I'll never be sorry this guy is locked away.

Yeah, they dropped the charges after the two mistrials. I'm sure the ladies are lining up. 

I found it hilarious that debt collectors were calling him at work, where he was a debt collector.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I want to know who the 911 operator was that told the mother to go back into the house.... what if the killer was still in there? That was the stupidest order I’ve ever heard.

Yeah, I remember finding that really odd, too. And even if they weren't concerned about that, there's also the fact that they wouldn't want a family member to come across their loved one like that. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I remember finding that really odd, too. And even if they weren't concerned about that, there's also the fact that they wouldn't want a family member to come across their loved one like that. 

And then the attitude of the 911 operator when she has just discovered her dead daughter was all kinds of snippy! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I forgot to mention that email he sent her that she was confused by, but took it as a sign that he really did want to be involved:  "I'm coming over Monday, make sure you are still pregnant." Chilling. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Yeah, they dropped the charges after the two mistrials. I'm sure the ladies are lining up. 

I found it hilarious that debt collectors were calling him at work, where he was a debt collector.

Ya, I thought that was pretty funny too. Also his assertion that he was a much better man after his first child with one of his many girlfriends, was born. He continued to sleep with multiple women, got a married coworker pregnant, still lived in his parents' basement and was in debt. What part of that was better? Having one child may have made him a better man (doubtful) but being two weeks away from having a second child made him a murderer. 

How bizarre that in the first trial all but one voted to acquit, and in the second trial all but one (the smartest guy in the room) voted guilty. 

And the biggest head scratcher of all - how little self esteem did these women have to think that he is all they deserved? WTH? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

And the biggest head scratcher of all - how little self esteem did these women have to think that he is all they deserved? WTH? 

Tune into Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup on WE TV, binge watch this season which just ended. Michael is well on his way to becoming the guy in this episode.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

How bizarre that in the first trial all but one voted to acquit, and in the second trial all but one (the smartest guy in the room) voted guilty. 

And how smart could  he have been to think  education and reasoning power were the same thing?

Every once in a while the show tells us about these flip side juries and it makes me doubt our entire justice system.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

And how smart could  he have been to think  education and reasoning power were the same thing?

Every once in a while the show tells us about these flip side juries and it makes me doubt our entire justice system.

Ha, so true about education and reasoning power. We all know people, not to mention people we see on these shows, who are book smart but clueless when real life is involved.

8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Tune into Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup on WE TV, binge watch this season which just ended. Michael is well on his way to becoming the guy in this episode.

I don't know if my tv would survive watching such a show - I continually wanted to throw something at my screen when this POS was being interviewed. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I totally did not understand that since it was said the same evidence was given in both trials. What were we missing?

17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I forgot to mention that email he sent her that she was confused by, but took it as a sign that he really did want to be involved:  "I'm coming over Monday, make sure you are still pregnant." Chilling. 

Yes to that. To me it meant he was hoping he'd have to strangle just one person, not two.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I totally did not understand that since it was said the same evidence was given in both trials. What were we missing?

Once prosecutors knew how the other jury voted, they probably set out to get a different bunch of jurors who would convict. They ask a lot of questions of prospective jurors to weed out the ones that won’t vote guilty.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

totally did not understand that since it was said the same evidence was given in both trials. What were we missing?

Just because it’s the same evidence doesn’t mean it was presented the same way. Once the trial is over both the prosecution and defense can interview the jurors if they are willing and ask them questions about why they reached the conclusions they did. Also, he had a different lawyer who was court appointed for the second trial so maybe he wasn’t as effective in presenting the defense.

Also, little things like a different ruling during testimony or the judges instructions to the jury can make a lot of difference even if it’s basically the same evidence.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

Couldn't sleep tonight so I thought I'd watch murder! (Why do I do this?) 

I found tonight's show extra sad, maybe because one of my son-in-laws is a firefighter. His poor mother. 

I almost play a game with myself when I watch these shows, trying to see how good I am at guessing who's lying. Some people fool me, although not many. But the hyperventilating wife tonight was an easy one. So fake! Right from the start. For most people, finding a loved one shot is so traumatic, it's visible. The person is in shock. I don't think too many people could fake that, even though lots seem to think they can. 

4 boyfriends at once, while still married! Yikes! I'll bet that didn't impress the court much. 

At the beginning her friend talked about how she had a heart of gold. She must have been awfully good at snowing people with charm and whatever else had so many people wanting to help her. 

• Love 7

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who pauses whenever they show a letter/diary/texts, so I can read all of it. This woman was pretty good at grooming. 

Since this was cut and dried, I spent a lot of the episode appreciating Josh. I enjoy his disheveled Colombo look. Pocket squares! Also, unlike some of the others (you know who I'm talking 'bout!) Josh asks open ended questions and then let's the people talk, instead of "Were you thinking ____?" "Were you feeling ____?" "You must have been ___!" "I'm ____, were you ____?" 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

The hyperventilating wife on tonight’s episode just about wore me out, watching her.

Yeah, that went on for WAY too long.

I didn't see the beginning, but was the husband shot in the head at close range with a shotgun? Holy smokes, there would have been no head left. I guess that Jeep won't be "restored" any time soon.

And speaking of the Jeep, who gets a Jeep stuck and can't get it out? It looked like a Wrangler, which only comes in 4WD. I have a 4WD that got stuck in a huge pile of snow and I couldn't rock it out as much as I tried. I put it in 4WD and it drove away like there was no snow anywhere.

So did the wife get the life insurance? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was wondering who the woman with the long dark-brown hair was they kept showing before commercial breaks. Turned out it was the wife! Geezy pete, she sure looked different. Plus it would have taken a couple years to grow out that much hair after the blond dye job. I don't know if they said she waited in jail for her trial or what. No Miss Clairol in prison.

As for being physically abused like she told her lovers, shouldn't she have had some bruises or other marks on her body from a big, mean, abusive husband? Abusers will keep from punching in the face but will whale the tar out of someone's body. I'd think the boyfriends would have noticed that, unless she was having sex with them while completely clothed.

I was glad the mom has the firefighter family now. She seemed like a nice woman. It was the only up side to this episode.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who pauses whenever they show a letter/diary/texts, so I can read all of it. This woman was pretty good at grooming. 

Yes! I can't help myself. Fascinating texts in this episode. Her leading him on, him proclaiming he'd scale mountains and move the moon for her. She has to be a psychopath so care so little for any of these men, as she leads them to slaughter /imprisonment. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"And trust me, he looks about as good in an orange jumpsuit as you'd expect."

That is an example of why I'm a fan of Josh.

This is also an example of why people really need to think about the age of their romantic partners.  Large differences in age can often lead to issues.  Not necessarily murder, but a variety of issues.  Some relationships work out, but it seems like many with large age gaps do not.  I feel sorry that Bob is no longer here to live his life and be with his family.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Yes! I can't help myself. Fascinating texts in this episode.

But seriously, people are dumb.  In this day and age, the first thing law enforcement is going to do is dump the contents of your phone.

54 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Since this was cut and dried, I spent a lot of the episode appreciating Josh.

+1

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

But seriously, people are dumb.  In this day and age, the first thing law enforcement is going to do is dump the contents of your phone.

Plus trace the pings off of cell towers. Not that I want these people to actually BE smarter and get away with murder.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Plus trace the pings off of cell towers. Not that I want these people to actually BE smarter and get away with murder.

Agreed, but it still astounds me that people have hundreds (or even thousands in some cases) of texts on their phones about criminal plots like this one or detailed conversations between co-conspirators.  I mean...duh...nothing like screwing yourself in writing and then carrying it around with you.  That level of stupid boggles my mind.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

Agreed, but it still astounds me that people have hundreds (or even thousands in some cases) of texts on their phones about criminal plots like this one or detailed conversations between co-conspirators.  I mean...duh...nothing like screwing yourself in writing and then carrying it around with you.  That level of stupid boggles my mind.

A lot of times they don’t get the texts from the phone but the cell provider, so sometimes they have deleted them and still end up caught.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohmo said:

That is an example of why I'm a fan of Josh.

It was such a wonderfully snarky moment :D. My mom and I were getting such a kick out of the couple's weird focus on how good (or not) they looked in orange jumpsuits. My mom was like, "What, are they trying to audition for 'Orange is the New Black' here, or...?"

But yeah, add me to the list of those who like Josh, too :). Back when the show "Trial & Error" was on TV, I found out he was a fan of it, so that just added to my appreciation for him.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

A lot of times they don’t get the texts from the phone but the cell provider, so sometimes they have deleted them and still end up caught.

Yes, regardless of whether the texts are pulled fro phone or received from the cell provider, it astounds me that the texts exist in the volume that they do.  We see cases like this with endless amounts of conversations or other cases where the texts contain very detailed or explicit  plans.  No wonder they get busted.  They themselves have created a written record.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The wife’s friend’s fried hair and troweled on blush cracked me up! Bet she thought she looked so hot! 🤦‍♀️

She was just one big "Oh honey, no."

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 3:40 AM, Melina22 said:

Couldn't sleep tonight so I thought I'd watch murder! (Why do I do this?) 

I found tonight's show extra sad, maybe because one of my son-in-laws is a firefighter. His poor mother. 

I almost play a game with myself when I watch these shows, trying to see how good I am at guessing who's lying. Some people fool me, although not many. But the hyperventilating wife tonight was an easy one. So fake! Right from the start. For most people, finding a loved one shot is so traumatic, it's visible. The person is in shock. I don't think too many people could fake that, even though lots seem to think they can. 

4 boyfriends at once, while still married! Yikes! I'll bet that didn't impress the court much. 

At the beginning her friend talked about how she had a heart of gold. She must have been awfully good at snowing people with charm and whatever else had so many people wanting to help her. 

I was interested in this one because my husband is also a Fire Captain, but I did fall asleep early into it.  That wife was so obviously faking and I could tell instantly that was blood spatter on her neck and arm from being too close to her husband when he was shot.  I fell asleep early, so I don't know who pulled the trigger, but it doesn't really matter.  She's a POS. 

That friend who said she had a heart of gold was from MIDDLE SCHOOL.  I hate when they get these people who obviously don't know the victim or whoever anymore to talk because it just makes that person seem like a famewhore.  But, I think in this case Dateline had to go that far back to find anyone to say anything nice to try to plant their red herring? 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:07 PM, saber5055 said:

Yeah, that went on for WAY too long.

I didn't see the beginning, but was the husband shot in the head at close range with a shotgun? Holy smokes, there would have been no head left. I guess that Jeep won't be "restored" any time soon.

And speaking of the Jeep, who gets a Jeep stuck and can't get it out? It looked like a Wrangler, which only comes in 4WD. I have a 4WD that got stuck in a huge pile of snow and I couldn't rock it out as much as I tried. I put it in 4WD and it drove away like there was no snow anywhere.

So did the wife get the life insurance? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was wondering who the woman with the long dark-brown hair was they kept showing before commercial breaks. Turned out it was the wife! Geezy pete, she sure looked different. Plus it would have taken a couple years to grow out that much hair after the blond dye job. I don't know if they said she waited in jail for her trial or what. No Miss Clairol in prison.

As for being physically abused like she told her lovers, shouldn't she have had some bruises or other marks on her body from a big, mean, abusive husband? Abusers will keep from punching in the face but will whale the tar out of someone's body. I'd think the boyfriends would have noticed that, unless she was having sex with them while completely clothed.

I was glad the mom has the firefighter family now. She seemed like a nice woman. It was the only up side to this episode.

This is the only thing that comforts me.  I know that, regardless of whether on the job or due to a medical condition or whatever, when my husband does pass (in many, many, many years from now) that I'll be insulated by my FF family.  They really rally and help out the families of the fallen. 

• Love 6

But the hyperventilating wife tonight was an easy one. So fake! Right from the start. For most people, finding a loved one shot is so traumatic, it's visible. The person is in shock. I don't think too many people could fake that, even though lots seem to think they can. 

I don't know, I think she would have fooled me just at first. She did flag down the cop and call 911, after all. The problem was that she just kept talking and talking and giving WAY too much information. I mean, who the hell offers that they're having marital trouble when their spouse has just been murdered? By the time they got her into the interrogation room she was singing like a canary. Boy was she dumb.

Plus it would have taken a couple years to grow out that much hair after the blond dye job. I don't know if they said she waited in jail for her trial or what.

Yes, the victim's mother said it was three years before she went to trial.

I was glad the mom has the firefighter family now. She seemed like a nice woman.

Except when Josh cajoled her into admitting her son was her favorite child. I bet her two daughters loved hearing that.

The wife’s friend’s fried hair and troweled on blush cracked me up! Bet she thought she looked so hot! 🤦‍♀️

Don't forget the ginormous rhinestone-studded cross earrings.

She was just one big "Oh honey, no."

Bwah! Best comment I've read in years.

• Love 5
On 8/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, Ohmo said:

I would give my eye tooth for an episode where there actually is a smart murderer. Still want them to get caught of course, but giving all this screen time to a woman who is dumber than a box of rocks annoys the heck out of me. And her equally dumb boyfriends. Even her acting was pathetic. The look on the face of the EMT guy in the ambulance was priceless, as she was hyperventilating and going on about having her husband's blood on her. 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:07 AM, saber5055 said:

I was wondering who that was, too! Wow, take away Miss Clairol, makeup and add a few pounds, and you have a very Plain Jane. Hope Mikey thinks she was worth it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I would give my eye tooth for an episode where there actually is a smart murderer. 

Despite what TV crime shows keep telling us, I'll bet the average murderer's IQ is pretty low. And this includes serial killers who are not all the evil geniuses we've trained to expect. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Despite what TV crime shows keep telling us, I'll bet the average murderer's IQ is pretty low. And this includes serial killers who are not all the evil geniuses we've trained to expect. 

Oh, for sure I think that is normally the case. Look at how many times those of us who are addicted to crime shows watch where someone gets away with a murder (and often for years) only because of dumb luck. Then add in those like the wife in this case who truly was dumb, and the chances are the murderer is not all that bright. 

I remember a case where the murderer even was able to fool the techs who took his blood by substituting someone else's blood which he had embedded into his arm. Brilliant! He did get caught, but made it interesting. Reminds me of the not so lucky basketball player who substituted his girlfriend's urine which came back positive for pregnancy. Lol. 

• Love 5
On 8/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, bubbls said:

I’m not sure if it was new or a rerun, but did anyone see the one about the murder of Debbie Hawk? I thought Dave Hawk and Keith were going to come to blows. I’ve never seen Keith so confrontational and rightly so. It also surprised me Dave Hawk didn’t stomp out of the interview in a big huff. I was surprised they arrested and convicted him with so little evidence, although I did find a comment online by the jury foreman that said what clenched it for him was the daughter testifying her dad had driven by Debbie’s house and taken pics. 

This happened in my hometown. I wish I would’ve seen it was it on NBC or one of the cable networks? 

We were all worried that they didn’t have enough evidence to convict him but there were just things that didn’t make sense and he didn’t sound like a good guy at all. Total narcissist. Her body was finally discovered a couple years ago long after he had been convicted in a rural farm field. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Somewhere there must be stats for crimes/murders solved vs. those not solved. I think so many detectives are just doing a job or have to solve X amount of crimes per month to keep state or federal funding. I'm encouraged when I see people on Dateline who are dedicated to bringing justice to a family, even if it's years later.

I kind of feel more crimes/murders go unsolved and are just stuffed into a Cold Case box so cops/detectives can get to the next unsolved murder that is stuffed into another Cold Case box. Not that those perps are smarter or dumber.

I know, I have a bad attitude. But I am a big fan of karma.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Look at how many times those of us who are addicted to crime shows watch where someone gets away with a murder (and often for years) only because of dumb luck.

To me, though, cold cases point to some level of intelligence---for the simple fact that the criminal manages to do enough to not get caught for a period of time.  Look at the Golden State killer.   There are many stupid criminals yes, but the act of writing thousands and thousands of texts that detail these plots is a special kind of stupid.  People are honestly writing book-length pieces of material that end up incriminating themselves.  A handful of texts is an oops.  Hundreds of texts is "are you kidding me"?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

To me, though, cold cases point to some level of intelligence---for the simple fact that the criminal manages to do enough to not get caught for a period of time.  Look at the Golden State killer.   There are many stupid criminals yes, but the act of writing thousands and thousands of texts that detail these plots is a special kind of stupid.  People are honestly writing book-length pieces of material that end up incriminating themselves.  A handful of texts is an oops.  Hundreds of texts is "are you kidding me"?

I think serial killers are on a whole other level. I am referring to one time killers, who are lucky enough not to have been caught but not because they did any planning, etc. Many cold cases now are solved because of DNA evidence, and at times because the person ended up in trouble again for something completely different but their DNA ended up in CODIS. 

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Somewhere there must be stats for crimes/murders solved vs. those not solved. I think so many detectives are just doing a job or have to solve X amount of crimes per month to keep state or federal funding. I'm encouraged when I see people on Dateline who are dedicated to bringing justice to a family, even if it's years later.

I kind of feel more crimes/murders go unsolved and are just stuffed into a Cold Case box so cops/detectives can get to the next unsolved murder that is stuffed into another Cold Case box. Not that those perps are smarter or dumber.

I know, I have a bad attitude. But I am a big fan of karma.

It seems often from crime shows we watch where they finally solve a case after many years it is because of DNA. But also it seems that the cops should have been able to solve it without, but just could not be bothered to connect the dots. How often do we see where a cold case detective will go over the evidence, and the original detectives have missed one or more clues that should not have been missed. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think serial killers are on a whole other level. I am referring to one time killers, who are lucky enough not to have been caught but not because they did any planning, etc. Many cold cases now are solved because of DNA evidence, and at times because the person ended up in trouble again for something completely different but their DNA ended up in CODIS. 

It's always interesting to hear stories about criminals that got caught years later. Imagine sitting there for so long, thinking you got away with your crime, only to have the cops finally come knocking at your door. 

I remember there was a story on some show once where a guy had killed his wife, I believe it was, but nobody had been able to tie him to the crime at the time for whatever reason, so the case had gone cold for years. 

One day, he wound up being arrested for an entirely unrelated crime, but he thought the cops were coming to finally nab him for the murder. He instantly started ranting and trying to be all, "I didn't have anything to do with her murder!" and things of that sort, and the cops just kinda stared at him like, "...um, we're here to get you for _______, what's this murder you're talking about?" One of the cops said the guy suddenly got an, "...oh, crap!" look on his face at that point :p. 

It didn't take long after that to connect him to his wife's murder. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

The Watcher was new to me.  I hadn't seen it.  That's every woman's worst nightmare if she lives alone...creepy people in her vicinity for reasons exactly like what happened to Lauren.

I was surprised that law enforcement didn't check the law school dumpsters as soon as they found the remains at the apartment complex.  The complex was well-known to house law students and Steven was also a law student.  If some of the remains were missing, I would have checked the law school dumpsters just because that was another common denominator within the group besides the apartment complex.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, Annber03 said:

But yeah, his comment about how he's "not used to being around that kind of population" was definitely eyebrow-raising. I know they wanted to claim that his comments on Twitter were from "over a year ago", and that's why they weren't shared in the trial, but a year isn't exactly that far back into the past, and his comments during the interrogation didn't seem all that different from what he was spouting on Twitter. 

I found his interview chilling. He kept calling the victim “boy”, says he was looking for cocaine, etc.  The first look at the interview left me thinking it was a hate crime.

The perpetrator’s mom just kept making excuses for his son. You have to wonder how many times she’s had to do this.  His juvenile record can’t be used.  I’m so glad I decided not to go to law school.  

• Love 3

Got some pretty interesting characters in "The Creek" from last Saturday.  We've got:

-The police officer who was shot exclusively in sherbet colored shirts (one lime, one orange) who described Je'Michael as "cool as a pickle".  Um, almost there, buddy!

-Bryce, the red herring suspect who tells cops how he "does a lot of illegal stuff" and "basically founded the creek" where people skipped school.  I'm going to guess he smoked weed one time and considers himself a dangerous guy.

-A sheriff's department that will spend what must be a good chunk of taxpayer money to LAND A HELICOPTER at the school of the main suspect (not the same high school the victim attended, mind you) on the suspect's lunch break just to try and rattle him in to confessing.  No other reason, apparently.  What a great use of resources that wound up doing exactly nothing.

-A killer who is savvy enough to schedule text messages to give himself an alibi who then goes and dumps the body like 5 minutes from his house.  Here's proof that some killers are smart and stupid at the same time

-The murderer's mother who gets up in court and has the nerve to ask the victim's family for mercy right after her son has been convicted.  Asking for forgiveness and healing I thought was very nice, but mercy might be a tall order at that particular moment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

As soon as they introduced Je'Michael as a good kid who "wanted to join the Marines" I knew he did it. These brain trusts don't seem to understand that an ex-girlfriend's (potential) pregnancy won't "end his career" but a murder conviction definitely will. 

1 hour ago, rwgrab said:

-The murderer's mother who gets up in court and has the nerve to ask the victim's family for mercy right after her son has been convicted.  Asking for forgiveness and healing I thought was very nice, but mercy might be a tall order at that particular moment.

Yes. And I loved Danielle's mother basically telling them to pound sand. They don't owe you an ounce of mercy. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rwgrab said:

-A sheriff's department that will spend what must be a good chunk of taxpayer money to LAND A HELICOPTER at the school of the main suspect (not the same high school the victim attended, mind you) on the suspect's lunch break just to try and rattle him in to confessing.  No other reason, apparently.  What a great use of resources that wound up doing exactly nothing.

I always watch this show while also posting/reading online or when I'm really tired so I feel I always miss stuff but this made me pay attention.  I thought I must have heard wrong because what the heck?  Seriously?  What the heck.  It's so preposterous.  It reminds me of the kinds of guys who like to flex their muscles thinking they're super impressive but no one around them was impressed.  All of that just to convince the kid they're taking the search seriously but if I'm the kid, I'm feeling pretty good that they're wasting resources in the wrong area.

I knew J'Michael did it because, after they said he had alibied out with his phone pinging, they kept bringing up where he was throughout the search for his ex whereas other potential suspects were covered and then forgotten.

I did get a chuckle about the murderer in the latest episode after the discussion about the intelligence of murderers here.  Some of the stuff he did was so smart and, had he just attached more weight to the body, he probably would have gotten away with it. This is a teen.  In a few years, there's no telling what he could have done.

• Love 3

I never saw "The Jinx" and never really followed the Robert Durst case, so this was a nice, condensed "Durst for Dummies" type of course for me. Still don't feel the need to see "The Jinx." The way Durst's trial keeps getting postponed makes me wonder if he'll even live long enough to have it.

• Love 7
On 8/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, thejuicer said:

These brain trusts don't seem to understand that an ex-girlfriend's (potential) pregnancy won't "end his career" but a murder conviction definitely will. 

How many times have we seen a girl murderer because she was pregnant?  I just don't get it.  If the men are so sure their lives will be ruined by it why  aren't they using condoms every time?  If it's too late for prevention, why aren't they trying to talk the girl into an abortion?  Why aren't the fools even waiting a month or two to see if she's truly pregnant?  I also think the young girls are under a mistaken, emotional delusion that the boy will be hers forever if she has his baby and instead it's just making him hate her.

So much sadness and room for regret in this one.  The poor mother probably thought she was making the right decision to send Danielle to her grandmother while she went through a divorce, but it was really just adding to Danielle's feeling that the ground had been pulled out from under her.  Neither Grandma nor Grandpa seemed to remember just how much supervision a young teen needs.  Going to take a notebook to a friend?  Classic teenage lie.

I just wish they could all go back and do that night over.  So sad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I never saw "The Jinx" and never really followed the Robert Durst case, so this was a nice, condensed "Durst for Dummies" type of course for me. Still don't feel the need to see "The Jinx." The way Durst's trial keeps getting postponed makes me wonder if he'll even live long enough to have it.

I know you say you don't feel the need to see it: if you ever get a chance, it is SO worth it!! Possibly my favorite true crime doc/show/etc.

I think you nailed it. With the way the case is going, he'll die in prison first.

I was so pleased with last night's show!! Holy bombshells, Batman!! The friend that said Durst confessed he killed Susie, another friend that confirmed Durst was in LA when the murder happened, and Susie's friend saying Susie admitted to calling the dean of Kathie's med school for Durst!!!

Finally, I was hoping to see Jarecki--once they announced that the Jinx edited Durst's "confession," I can see why. Shame on you, Andrew!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

If it's too late for prevention, why aren't they trying to talk the girl into an abortion?  Why aren't the fools even waiting a month or two to see if she's truly pregnant?  I also think the young girls are under a mistaken, emotional delusion that the boy will be hers forever if she has his baby and instead it's just making him hate her.

Many of the guys in these cases do try and push for that, but the girl refuses to even entertain the idea of an abortion. Either because they're personally against the idea, or because, as you note, they think by having this baby the guy will stick around. Like you said, though, all that does is breed resentment if the guy does stay (which more often than not, he doesn't). Plus, it's a crappy reason to have a kid. They shouldn't be used as a bargaining chip. Any guy that doesn't show any genuine interest in staying with a woman he got pregnant isn't a guy you'd want in your life or your kid's life anyway. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Durst's attorney really rubbed me the wrong way with his corn-pone "in Texas we have a sayin' . . ." good-old boy persona. 

Dick Degurin is the WORST! Getting through the David Temple Dateline was awful because it was him going against Kelly Siegler, so many punchable horrible people!

I would recommend The Jinx though if only for Cody one of the detectives in the Texas case.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2