Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I seriously thought the wife and sister were the same person and that she had gone to a hair stylist between interviews, both of them had the same crazy wrinkly neck.

The wife Lisa's hair was so distracting.  Happy to see Keith, but pretty boring episode.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2017 at 10:18 AM, ButterQueen said:

Can you ask a neighbor to stop by so the repairman knows that a neighbor has seen him/his truck?  

Just because life loves to bite us in the butt, I'm currently having a small army of workmen in and out of the house because a valve broke in the shower while I was gone for a month and flooded the bathroom and part of the master bedroom.  The flooring was ruined, the walls got wet, even the tub ended up ruined.  So it's a gigantic mess that will take a good while to fix, but I do get things spruced up a bit.  The good news is that they have been very professional, all licensed and bonded, and it's as low-stress as I could hope for.  But wouldn't you know. 

• Love 5

Y'all are cracking me up with the comments about last night's episode. I could tell the two women apart because the wife had seriously frizzy, dry hair. And don't even get me started on those bangs.

Say what you will about the murderer, but he had some loyal friends. I wouldn't let ANYBODY keep a car with a dead body in it in my garage, not even my kid!

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 11

This week's episode was stupid and confusing. Just didn't care. They were really misleading us at the beginning about how bad the wife was. Meanwhile, the victim was a lying cheating drug addict. 

Now, let's get back to the murder-for-hire case. I kept looking for something to explain why they approached that car salesman for the murder. What made them think he'd be the go to guy?  That thread was just dropped. I tried researching it in on-line sources but came up empty handed.  Anyone know anything?  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, GussieK said:

This week's episode was stupid and confusing. Just didn't care. They were really misleading us at the beginning about how bad the wife was. Meanwhile, the victim was a lying cheating drug addict. 

Now, let's get back to the murder-for-hire case. I kept looking for something to explain why they approached that car salesman for the murder. What made them think he'd be the go to guy?  That thread was just dropped. I tried researching it in on-line sources but came up empty handed.  Anyone know anything?  

Car salesman.  Kinda says it all.  ;-)

(no offense to actual car salesmen or women who may frequent this forum).

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Car salesman.  Kinda says it all.  ;-)

(no offense to actual car salesmen or women who may frequent this forum).

That is funny, Walnut Queen, but all kidding aside, I thought there was an undertone of something else, like they had heard about him from someone else. They did say the girlfriend knew him before from buying cars, I guess. Maybe the dumbest hit planners ever. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Tonight's episode "Devil's Bathtub" is local to me and I posted about it a couple weeks ago.  Looking forward to hearing people's opinions afterward.  No Keith tonight....it's Andrea.

This episode ended and I was just like "Huh." I kept thinking some story would emerge about how Laura's sons were under her thumb, how she'd been manipulating them their whole lives, etc. There are lots of cases of children killing for their parents. This just seemed to come so quickly and out of nowhere. Is there more to this? I think it's clear the family did it (and the correct two were convicted), but I just keep feeling there must be some piece of the puzzle we weren't hearing about. 

• Love 13

This episode was awful and I am so disappointed in it. They left Soooooooooo much out! I can't believe how much they left out!! They portrayed it that these loving sons for no reason did this and that is not what happened. COlin was saying there was abuse and Colin wanted to protect his younger siblings from having to live with Craig. There were horrid facebook posts by Colin about his dad, and he even accused him of killing the family cat! Also, there were text messages betwen Colin and his younger sister about how to set Craig up for abuse and how to call 911 and what to say to cops so cops would thi k they were afraid of him. The younger girls backed out and both Colin and Laura were pissed about it.  There was no evidence of abuse so the theory is that Laura cooked up the whole story to get Colin to turn against his father. 

Also the whole cell phone in the pocket when they found body.....that was a SECOND cell phone that his sister had given him after they middle of the night break-in. They did not know he had it. They were dumb for not cecking pockets, but they did not know about the new phone.

Also....there is evidence that has never been found.. They believe he was hit by an iron which they never found, along with Paul Tucci clothes.

A key piece of evidence was never even discussed.....there was a coke in basement with Laura dna and there was a coke on the Walmart receipt! Also, the Walmart trips were at different locations....the video of Laura and Paul was at an inner city Walmart at night. They lived in an affluent suburb on the east side of Rochester and this Walmart was in north part of City and there were many locations they couldve gone to in between. Also, they both th went into store, but another video shows a third person waiting in car that is believed to be Colin.

As far as Tucci deceased wife.....Laura moved in with him like a week after the funeral! 

Dateline really dropped the ball on this story.. Which makes me wonder about all the stories I watch that are not local how much stuff do they leave out of those?  

As far as Alex....the consensus is everyone was happy he was acquitted of murder. Everyone believes he wasnt there for murder, but that Colin asked him to help get rid of the evidence and he would have done anything his brother asked or told him to. The consensus is also that Tucci absolutely got away with murder as well as tampering because it was pretty obvious he helped move body, but they never found his clothes.. After he was acquitted he made the tv and radio show rounds and he did not come across as innocent, imo.  He also implied that Craig had a schizo disorder and was anti-social so it was hard on Laura!!!  wtf

If anyone wants to read local media articles about this let me know and I can post links.

As an aside.....the judge ruled that camera could be in courtroom for opening and closing. Well during closings they had a recess, and Dateline kept rolling during recess and juge was pissed and threw them out! 

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 23

I’d love to see links to local stories.

I wondered about the phone because I knew he’d just had his stolen. And why are they NOT digging up Tucci’s dead wife??? He could have poisoned her, as it seems just a little too convenient how he and Laura were immediately living together after the wife’s death.

I felt sorry for Colin’s girlfriend, but I do believe he was guilty of murder. The mother, absolutely she was guilty. And now that I’ve learned more about Tucci, I think he got away with murder also. Twice.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, veronicamers said:

This episode ended and I was just like "Huh." I kept thinking some story would emerge about how Laura's sons were under her thumb, how she'd been manipulating them their whole lives, etc. There are lots of cases of children killing for their parents. This just seemed to come so quickly and out of nowhere. Is there more to this? I think it's clear the family did it (and the correct two were convicted), but I just keep feeling there must be some piece of the puzzle we weren't hearing about. 

thank you!  I thought it was me, and maybe I fell asleep (as I often do when it’s Andrea’s gig).   I even rewound several times to see what I missed.  Turns out after looking here, I didn’t miss a thing, but Dateline sure did. Thanks to Cupcake 04 for filling in the chasm Andrea and her crackerjack team left for us. Maybe there should be a separate forum for “Dateline Deletions-  Here’s What REALLY Happened”.  

I could tell right away from the editing that Colin had to be involved since they kept talking about him in such glowing terms, yet he wasn’t part of the interview.  I also knew the wife was going to end up being the murderer, because Dead Spouse + Dateline = Guilty Surviving Spouse.  I am pretty sure the ex-friend, current lovah Tucci was at least aware of what went down.  

• Love 6

I was wondering about the two little kids in the story; they played the cop interview after the murder and their stories pretty much lined up with one another, implying that they were at the condo when the murder happened.  Was that really true, or is that what the mom/older bro coached them to say?  I hope that the kids were coached, because if the mom and older bro (and possibly Tucci) murdered Craig while the little kids were in the house, that's pretty fuckin' cold.  There's no telling if those kids would have woken up and gone to see what the ruckus was, especially the older one (He was 10 right?  Old enough to get out of bed on his own initiative, at any rate.)

And a big thanks to @Cupcake04 for doing a much better job of filling in the details than Dateline did.  This could have been a great episode of "let me count the ways these killers were really, really inept" snark, but they dropped the ball again.  And FFS, killers need to stop shopping at Walmart, Home Depot, and Target for supplies.  Those stores are covered in cameras; go to a mid sized independent hardware store, three towns over, wear a disguise, put rocks in your shoes to change your gait, and pay cash! And leave the damn cell phone at home!

• Love 18

I wondered why they were all tried together.  That seemed bizarre to me. And I wouldn't be surprised if PJ did murder his first wife. That he's walking around free is a travesty of justice. 

Edited by teebax
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

And FFS, killers need to stop shopping at Walmart, Home Depot, and Target for supplies.  Those stores are covered in cameras; go to a mid sized independent hardware store, three towns over, wear a disguise, put rocks in your shoes to change your gait, and pay cash! And leave the damn cell phone at home!

Exactly!! Dumb criminals always get caught on camera.

• Love 6

Dateline sure left out a lot.  I was curious what the younger son's sentence was.  

I kept wondering what Colin's fiancé's parents thought.  Did they agree with their daughter standing by a guy who was on trial for murder?

I believe Tucci was in on the murder.  Maybe he just had a better lawyer.  He seemed to lie about everything.  He said Laura always wore heels.  But she wasn't wearing heels in either of the videos of her in the store.  I guess she didn't wear heels when shopping for her murder kit.  

I thought it was amusing that the younger son was wearing PJ pants for his hike in the woods.  Is that really what you wear to walk in the woods?  Also when your mom asks you to dispose of garbage do you usually go deep in the forest and throw it in the water?  Why not deposit it in a dumpster?  So many things with their stories that made no sense.      

• Love 4

Tucci got off of murder twice. And how do you poison someone to look like liver disease? That seems like a new one. I've heard the antifreeze horror stories. and the rat poison stories. They should check out his wife bc I think he killed her.... and this father of seven . The wife and Colin are guilty too. And she was so freakin happy in the far away walmart shopping for the murder kit.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

This episode was awful and I am so disappointed in it. They left Soooooooooo much out! I can't believe how much they left out!! They portrayed it that these loving sons for no reason did this and that is not what happened. COlin was saying there was abuse and Colin wanted to protect his younger siblings from having to live with Craig. There were horrid facebook posts by Colin about his dad, and he even accused him of killing the family cat! Also, there were text messages betwen Colin and his younger sister about how to set Craig up for abuse and how to call 911 and what to say to cops so cops would thi k they were afraid of him. The younger girls backed out and both Colin and Laura were pissed about it.  There was no evidence of abuse so the theory is that Laura cooked up the whole story to get Colin to turn against his father. 

Thank you! This is the kind of info I was waiting for. Some explanation for Colin wanting his dad dead other than his mom wanting to move out of state. Cause if that was it, he would be an idiot for even entertaining the idea! But manufactured abuse makes a lot more sense. If Laura had convinced Colin that his dad was abusing the younger kids and that he was the only one who could stop it, that begins to explain some things. 

And as to the affair, I feel like Dateline is always chronicling these cases where someone is sleeping with his or her spouse's best friend. And the cheated-on spouse (who has usually been murdered) is reported to have been all "It's cool. I just want her/him to be happy." Um, no. That does not compute. Most peoples' reaction to spousal infidelity with their close friend is not calm acceptance. It's betrayal, despair, anger. Not "Oh well. Hope I get invited to the wedding!" Come on. Not buying what Tucci was selling.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Lizzing said:

And FFS, killers need to stop shopping at Walmart, Home Depot, and Target for supplies.  Those stores are covered in cameras; go to a mid sized independent hardware store, three towns over, wear a disguise, put rocks in your shoes to change your gait, and pay cash! And leave the damn cell phone at home!

My favorite part of the murder/cover-up kit dumbassery was that Colin bought a short-handled, square shovel. Apparently, he'd never dug a hole before in his life. And probably why they didn't even bury the body. What a bunch of clowns. 

Edited by A1Jackass
  • Love 10

Thank you Cupcake04 for filling in much of what Dateline (as usual) left out. I wish Dateline had given more information on Tucci's wife. How long had she been sick before she died? Did she have a history of liver disease or was it within the last year? She certainly could have been poisoned over a matter of months. I rolled my eyes at Tucci declaring that Dateline should leave his deceased wife out of it, as she didn't do anything. As if they were accusing her of being responsible for her own death. Nice try in deflecting the suspicion that was falling on him. I don't for a minute believe that, even if he wasn't involved in his former best friend's murder (and I do believe he was), that he had no idea what was happening.

Tucci also uttered the single dumbest statement I have ever heard in the history of dumb statements on true crime shows when he said, with regards to falling in love again, that Laura" set the bar high". Not his deceased wife, but Laura. The girlfriend who not only killed/had killed her ex husband, but involved two of her children, thereby ruining their lives as well. And left her seven children fatherless, and motherless as well since she will now reside in prison for hopefully the rest of her sorry life. My question to Tucci would have been "How much lower could your bar be set?". Sheesh! 

• Love 19

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/09/23/craig-rideout-murder-what-nbc-dateline-didnt-tell-you-about-case/676837001/

This is good article in this mornings newspaper that helps fill in the blanks that Dateline missed, so apparantly I wasn't alone in thinking Dateline really missed the mark on this one!  There are links at the bottom of article to their prior stories so you can read a lot about this case.

Also, for those that remember Charlie Tan case, there is an article this morning about him too. 

Edited by Cupcake04
eta
  • Love 5
On September 23, 2017 at 10:28 AM, teebax said:

I wondered why they were all tried together.  That seemed bizarre to me. And I wouldn't be surprised if PJ did murder his first wife. That he's walking around free is a travesty of justice. 

On September 23, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Lizzing said:

I was wondering about the two little kids in the story; they played the cop interview after the murder and their stories pretty much lined up with one another, implying that they were at the condo when the murder happened.  Was that really true, or is that what the mom/older bro coached them to say?  I hope that the kids were coached, because if the mom and older bro (and possibly Tucci) murdered Craig while the little kids were in the house, that's pretty fuckin' cold.  There's no telling if those kids would have woken up and gone to see what the ruckus was, especially the older one (He was 10 right?  Old enough to get out of bed on his own initiative, at any rate.)

And a big thanks to @Cupcake04 for doing a much better job of filling in the details than Dateline did.  This could have been a great episode of "let me count the ways these killers were really, really inept" snark, but they dropped the ball again.  And FFS, killers need to stop shopping at Walmart, Home Depot, and Target for supplies.  Those stores are covered in cameras; go to a mid sized independent hardware store, three towns over, wear a disguise, put rocks in your shoes to change your gait, and pay cash! And leave the damn cell phone at home!

They did a poor job of explaining that. The 2 younger kids were not at Craigs house the next morning.  They woke up and dad wasnt there so they called their mom and she went over there and made them breakfast and someone took them to her house, I don't remember who.  That day/morning, Craigs sister went there because she couldnt get ahold of Craig, and found Laura there "cleaning" which sister found strange...she said she never cleaned when they were married why is she at his house now cleaning? Laura said she made kids breakfast and was cleaning up from that. 

Yeah, the wrong type shovel was definitely brought up in media. I think they thought that by difernet people going to different stores at differnt times buying the stuff separately they wouldnt get traced back to them.  The shovel was definitley dumb, and I don't recall them giving an explanation for him buying the shovel like they did with the drain cleaner and tarps and bungees.

Someone asked upthread about the younger boy, Alex, sentence......none of them have been sentenced yet...it was supposed to be around Labor Day, but it was postponed until beginning of October.  IIRC, Alex could be 4-7 years, and Laura and Colin 25-life.  

Dateline didn't really talk much about reactions, but everyone here, including the media, was relieved that Alex was only convicted of tampering because no one believes he was part of this other than doing what his brother told him to dispose of bag at Devils Hole. The whole was shocked Tucci was acquitted.  Dateline did not really get across to viewers what a big deal this trial was here. The news cut in for like an hour special when verdicts were read....radio stations did same thing. We had to find out by tweets so we were glued to media while verdicts were read so it is pretty disappointing the way Dateline did the story.

One thing I wanted to add was the fiance and how she kept saying that Pittsford was a bubble and they lived in there happy bubble and this stuff doesnt happen in bubble.....except.....do you guys rememer the Charlie Tan episode a couple years ago? He was charged with murdering his abusive father and was acquitted? Guess what....he lived in Pittsord, killed Dad in Pittsford, and not only that, Charlie and Colin were in the same hs class and were on the same sports team! So yes, honey, is does happen in your bubble and you knew the others! It has been speculated that Laura/Colin/Tucci used Charlies's case as a model and figured he got acquitted so they would too.

Strange aside......Charlie Tan was arrested on Friday for federal gun charges. It sounds like total bs to me.

Edited by Cupcake04
because pooned isn't a word but postponed is!
  • Love 9

Wow, thanks for the info!!

The only big crime my small town is known for was Eric Rudolph, the Olympic park bomber who also killed a police officer when he bombed an abortion clinic. He managed to elude police for 5 years, while living in cabins that were owned by people from FL who were not here in the winter, and during the summer lived right under a bridge/overpass... hiding in plain sight. The rookie police officer who caught him is one of my good friends, he’s currently living in Taunton, MA and is running for city council.

• Love 6

One other crime related to Murphy, the Kristi Cornwell murder. It was on Unsolved Mysteries, but I don’t think Dateline ever covered it. The guy who killed her, his sister also committed suicide after trying to kill her children. A very troubled family.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kristi-cornwell-brother-found-body-suspect-killed-self-in-police-standoff-last-spring/

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 2
On 9/23/2017 at 10:28 AM, teebax said:

That was weird.  Also the idea of the defense attorneys all being interviewed together after they had finished pointing fingers at their respective clients at the trial.

Another weird creative moment:  Tucci's explanation for the drain cleaner--all that girls' long hair.

• Love 6

All good points above. Why the shovel? We didn't hear. Maybe they were plantin 'maters. And so tricky going to different stores buying different stuff with different folks all in the same family. DOH! I think PJ knew, he helped buy the items, he was there and probably helped. MURDER. He is "walking the streets" as Carlin used to say. "Why are they always , 'walkin' the streets?' They could be home bangin' the babysitter."

In the next eppy in which the pathologists / family members were targeted, I thought the MOtta defense team came across as kind of flippant.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Wow, thanks for the info!!

The only big crime my small town is known for was Eric Rudolph, the Olympic park bomber who also killed a police officer when he bombed an abortion clinic. He managed to elude police for 5 years, while living in cabins that were owned by people from FL who were not here in the winter, and during the summer lived right under a bridge/overpass... hiding in plain sight. The rookie police officer who caught him is one of my good friends, he’s currently living in Taunton, MA and is running for city council.

Thats an amazing story! Its good you live in a town that doesnt have these awful stories. Unfortunately, Rochester was also home to prolific serial killer Arthur Shawcross. Other than that it is a nice City....no, really!

3 hours ago, GussieK said:

Thanks for telling us all this extra info, Cupcake, and I definitely remember that other case.  That's why I thought I remembered Pittsford. 

I'll have to google the Charlie Tan case now. 

You are very welcome. I was so looking forward to this episode and discussing it here and then was so disappointed by the crap job Dateline did that I needed to tell everyone the rest of the story!

Charlie Tan is interesting because there is a clear divide of people here who think he got away with murder, and those that absolutely think he did not do it and took the rap for his mother.  Unlike Paul Tucci who went on a media tour the days after the verdicts, Tan and his family have totally gone off the grid and gave no interviews or anything. So shocking that the Feds arrested him Friday and I am curious to hear all the talk radio about it tomorrow.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 3

You are so right, Cupcake.  My husband and I are suckers for the Dateline program every week, and this week we were really baffled by the misleading storytelling, much worse than usual.  Really, to have that boyfriend droning on and on about his good friend and his seven kids and then suddenly reveal he was having an affair with the wife?  WTF.

I was happy to see the usual suspects on this forum were weighing in with common sense.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

All good points above. Why the shovel? We didn't hear. Maybe they were plantin 'maters. And so tricky going to different stores buying different stuff with different folks all in the same family. DOH! I think PJ knew, he helped buy the items, he was there and probably helped. MURDER. He is "walking the streets" as Carlin used to say. "Why are they always , 'walkin' the streets?' They could be home bangin' the babysitter."

In the next eppy in which the pathologists / family members were targeted, I thought the MOtta defense team came across as kind of flippant.

Wow, the link posted above was quite enlightening. So Tucci goes with Laura to two different Walmarts to purchase 2 bottles of drain cleaner at one, and three more bottles at the second Walmart? And in the video shown appears to be pointing to the cleaner and touching his face, and then Laura comforts him by putting her arm around him? But he has no idea what is about to happen. Rrrriiigghhhht. What I don't understand is why they were all charged with 2nd degree murder rather than 1st? Seems pretty premeditated to me. 

Also the info in the link about Colin? Wow. I He really was trying to set up his dad. I find it hard to believe that he was doing all this without his girlfriend's knowledge. I don't think she knew that he was going to commit murder, but I don't believe that she knew nothing about what was going on in the family with the mother pitting the kids against the father. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

What I don't understand is why they were all charged with 2nd degree murder rather than 1st? Seems pretty premeditated to me.

Add me to that, why didn’t the jury convict Tucci of being an accomplice? Because they couldn’t find his bloody clothes? I guess he burned them.

I am giving the fiance a bit of a pass, he may not have shared anything at all with her.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, Midnight Sun said:

I'm imagining a security alert system that triggers an alarm:  "Ding! Ding! Ding! Killer Kit purchase on aisle 9!!!"

"Uh, what's the problem, folks? I'm just buying a shovel...and a chainsaw...some gloves...garbage bags...lime...bleach...a corrosive item. I have a gopher problem, you see."

I have a friend from Florida who didn't buy the shovel, but bought everything else in your example, while preparing for Irma.  When she described the purchase on Facebook, she admitted to feeling conspicuous when those items were scanned.  But perhaps the purchase was mitigated by the cases of water and canned food she bought at the same time....

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Add me to that, why didn’t the jury convict Tucci of being an accomplice? Because they couldn’t find his bloody clothes? I guess he burned them.

I am giving the fiance a bit of a pass, he may not have shared anything at all with her.

In New York State second degree murder is actually the top charge for murder of a civilian. Weird quirk. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I read on one of the links that they did have Tucci's clothes with blood on them, but not that much blood so the jury didn't think he participated in the murder. But I agree, if nothing else he should have been convicted of being an accomplice after the fact. They also had work gloves that he wore that had his DNA in them and the dead dad's blood on them. I guess they could say one of the sons or mother wore them, but then wouldn't their DNA be on them too?

My problem with the fiance was that they had been together since high school. So she would have known the family pretty well several years on, including both the parents. I don't believe that she was clueless in the relationships of Colin with regards to both his parents. Not that she knew what was going to happen, but Colin had been trying for quite awhile to set up his dad.(According to one of the links, including trying to get two of his sisters to get the dad mad and then call the police on him).  So he would never have said his (supposed) opinion of his father to his fiance? Not buying it. She came off as way too clueless that Colin would do anything for his mom and against his dad. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

Thanks for all the extra info Cupcake and others here.  I believe Tucci was in on the murder and possibly murdered his wife with poison to make it look like she succumbed to a liver disease diagnosis or just came down with liver disease.  The fiancee seemed to be in denial about her boyfriend and maybe she really lives her life in a bubble like she said their town is.  The murdering mother is one wicked woman.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

They also had work gloves that he wore that had his DNA in them and the dead dad's blood on them. I guess they could say one of the sons or mother wore them, but then wouldn't their DNA be on them too?

That right there was why he should have been convicted of something. Dead man’s blood on your DNA-laden gloves will usually suffice in most cases.

• Love 3

The Rideout case was very interesting, and I thought it was one of those Datelines that could have been two hours instead of one. Thanks for all the background info and links, Cupcake. One thing I was wondering about was the night Craig's cell phone was stolen, during which someone plucked a hair out of his arm. Was there every any more information on what all that was about?

• Love 5

Pardon my ignorance, but why all the talk about the shovel being a squared off one instead of pointed one?

3 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

The Rideout case was very interesting, and I thought it was one of those Datelines that could have been two hours instead of one. Thanks for all the background info and links, Cupcake. One thing I was wondering about was the night Craig's cell phone was stolen, during which someone plucked a hair out of his arm. Was there every any more information on what all that was about?

I wondered about this, too.  Was it one of the sons that did this?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

Not much.  It is referred to as the "ninja incident" (I think by Craig & his sister).  One of the articles on the D&C refers to it.  He woke to find an individual all dressed in black in his bedroom plucking his hair, I think from his arm, and took his phone & keys.  When he woke the person ran out of the house.  Apparantly whoever it was used a key to get in, and I think he assumed it was one of his sons.  The next morning his keys were found in a neighbor's potted plant. 

This article and video discuss it.  http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/07/27/rideout-trial-what-jury-didnt-see/515948001/

Edited by Cupcake04
added link
  • Love 6

Thanks for filling in the background Cupcake! 

My feeling as I watched this episode, knowing nothing about the crime, was that it was lacking. It just felt like a shallow presentation, maybe cobbled together too quickly.

As for the girlfriend and her unwillingness to admit to anything... I found myself wondering if she is concerned about future appeals and that is why she basically wouldn't say anything.

I do wonder about what motivated Colin to try to accuse the father of abuse. He must have been very close to his mother if she was able to manipulate him to that extent.

All told it is an interesting case.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 5