Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Party-ing Ways

• Start Topic

Why did Mac say they decided on divorce when it was Niq? Trying to save face? More of the victim broken record of her "belittling" him and him compromising. HOW did she belittle him? More incorrect word usage, like how Niq used petty wrong talking about the group? Get these people dictionaries!!!! Back to Mac playing victim to the extreme. He said he's a loser, didn't he say that after leaving her apartment? She didn't call him that, so is that his interpretation or is he saying what he thinks of himself or is he just saying that to make himself out to be a victim??? I think it's the latter & it's so ICK!!! If that's how he feels, WHY is he CHOOSING to feel that way & why would he want to continue with the person he says makes him feel that way?!?!! MAKES NO SENSE!!! That's why I think it's BS & he's just playing victim. It's just crazy how fast they crashed & burned from a decent honeymoon. She never moved in. They didn't make it 2 weeks. Another bad first.

• Like 1

WHY is the cousin so freaking disrespectful?!! I have a feeling she'd criticize anything Jas said. Yet she was justified in not wanting to attend their housewarming when she doesn't see them lasting & she was right about him being a husband, not the sex part, but being a husband if he wants to be married. Jas needs to grow up & address issues HEAD-ON, IN-PERSON, not run away & text him she has a problem. So weak & cowardly, but has no problem making crazy faces to the group when talking about them not being physical. Not a good look. She actually told his friends the weren't having sex?!! Good God! AWKWARD!!! They didn't even say anything about that. 🤣🤣

• Like 4

Gosh! Nic kept asking Chris about wearing that stupid shirt until he said no! Seems she wanted him to say no & basically forced him to say what he wanted to do. GEEZUS! IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!! She sounded like she was talking to a toddler! Trying to show him it's okay to go against what she wants so he doesn't resent her for always doing what she wants or something. She's trying too hard not to steamroll him & looks crazy. 🤣

• Like 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Gosh! Nic kept asking Chris about wearing that stupid shirt until he said no! Seems she wanted him to say no & basically forced him to say what he wanted to do. GEEZUS! IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!! She sounded like she was talking to a toddler! Trying to show him it's okay to go against what she wants so he doesn't resent her for always doing what she wants or something. She's trying too hard not to steamroll him & looks crazy. 🤣

Yeah he's not the best at reading what she is really saying, just wear the shirt, it saves the "I bought matching shirts but HE wouldn't wear HIS" that we got later when the friends were there. He might learn these things by his third marriage like I have ( my wife would sometimes say I haven't), then again maybe he won't.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

I like the fact that last week Dominique said to Pastor Cal “you have some explaining to do and then asked for a divorce this week. The matches this season are horrendous and if they did it for drama, they don’t have that either, because this season has been really dull. Maybe the show will actually work a little harder to make good matches. 

I like Keisha, and her show can be interesting. But that show where it’s people watching it from their couches is really pathetic. They’re going to milk this cow completely dry. 

• Like 3
On 3/1/2023 at 6:15 PM, Retired at last said:

However, I still wonder how he applied to and was elected for this show if he just moved into his friend's parent's house right before the show started with no other home or job. He had to have been recruited.

I think that the pool of "ready, willing and able" participants for this "show" shrinks with every passing season.  I think they cast whomever they can get and it shows (more and more every season).

• Like 7

The whole this person is gay thing with this show has got to stop. Every season, somehow, someone is repressing their sexuality and not once has anyone been proven right on that. People like what they like. People act how they act. It doesn't ever have to equal one thing or the next.

I know people find it shocking but he may not be attracted to Jasmine. Neither am I. The jacked up teeth dies play a part in it. But, I'm no male model. Understanding that doesn't change my attractions to others.

I'm just tired of hearing them talk about it.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I cannot believe they filled half this episode with the couples talking to their friends. So boring. Show us the couples doing couple things and talking to each other about something besides the "relationship." This may be my last season ... I was able to delete 90 Day Fiance from the DVR a year ago, and this will probably be next. Do better, producers. Yawn.

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I cannot believe they filled half this episode with the couples talking to their friends. So boring.

It seems to me that they have been having a lot more filler nonsense with family and friends to drag out the season and make more shows over the past several seasons. I absolutely hate them and their fake drama. I have managed to take the show off any recording list, but still have it on a reminder. But, after reading some of the comments here, there have been times when I just dismiss the reminder and come here instead of watching. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Cramps said:

I like Keisha, and her show can be interesting. But that show where it’s people watching it from their couches is really pathetic. 

What show is that?

On 3/2/2023 at 10:03 AM, Retired at last said:

Chris and Nicole will be OK, although I was surprised by the preview showing him saying he doesn't usually date women who are 'thick." Hopefully, he will follow that up with something about how he is happy with Nicole the way she I (which is 'thick'). Nicole has to realize that. Same with Gina. They are bigger women and they seem OK with it, but they can't pretend they aren't. If it bothers them, change it. If they are happy with themselves, fine. But, don't pretend that their bodies aren't larger. Clearly, based on the way they all dress, they want to show off their bodies and embrace their curves.

Gina seems quite conflicted about this.  On the one hand, when Clint made his comment, she said things about how it's hurtful to all curvy girls, and included herself.  But on the other hand, when she was talking with the girls about the "slender" part, she said she has a 26" waist and is therefore slender.  No, honey, that's not how this works.  

On 3/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Empress1 said:

Dom is way, way less mature than she thinks she is, and while she may not regret this, I think she’ll look back in 10 years and realize her immaturity. I don’t think it would have worked with anyone (though she and Mack were not a match) because she’s simply not ready. (I did enjoy her “carcass in the road” simile.)

I can't remember the context of her comment now, but I remember thinking at the time she said it, "welcome to Mack's world", cause what she was complaining about seemed to be basically the position she put Mack in all the time with her comments/put-downs.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Chris and Nicole will be OK, although I was surprised by the preview showing him saying he doesn't usually date women who are 'thick." Hopefully, he will follow that up with something about how he is happy with Nicole the way she I (which is 'thick'). Nicole has to realize that. Same with Gina. They are bigger women and they seem OK with it, but they can't pretend they aren't. If it bothers them, change it. If they are happy with themselves, fine. But, don't pretend that their bodies aren't larger. Clearly, based on the way they all dress, they want to show off their bodies and embrace their curves.

I completely agree with your analysis.  I fought my weight all my life until 16 yrs ago when I decided (AFTER my DIVORCE😊) that I was done with the "yo-yo dieting life" and agreed to treat myself better.  I structured an eating/exercise plan that worked(s) for ME, lost 100 lbs (which it how HIGH my weight crept up through the years and having children) and KEPT it off!  

Nicole, Gina and Dom dress, eat and behave as if they are proud of their bodies and need no change.  In my WILDEST DREAMS (regardless of what point in the overweight spectrum I happened to be at any given point) would I even THINK of walking around publicly in "short shorts" or tight-fitting garments that hugged my every lump and bump!  

I never heard the term "thick" to describe being overweight and I AGREE that every woman has the right to be whatever weight she chooses.  However, when a term like "thick" is used by a "significant other" and the woman(en) become OFFENDED, that's where I draw the line regarding "understanding." 

Embrace your body and lifestyle (I don't see ANY attempt to restrict different types of "empty calories", snacks, high calorie meals and/or alcohol) but, as I learned and will never forget, accept that your appearance will reflect the lifestyle choices you make.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@pdlinda, I guess "thick" is supposed to sound better than "fat," although they would both feel hurtful if you were self-conscious about your appearance. My mother once told me that I was "beefy" and that stayed with me. Like you, I have found an eating plan that works for me. I wear between a 2 and a 4 and am totally enjoying wearing pretty clothes that are form fitting and getting new clothes from my friends who have lovely expensive clothes that they realize they will never wear again! While it is nice to see women on this show who aren't so slim, I think it just comes from my own experiences that I cringe when I see how they choose to dress.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
On 3/3/2023 at 9:54 AM, Cramps said:

I like Keisha, and her show can be interesting. But that show where it’s people watching it from their couches is really pathetic. 

What show is that?

Couples' Couch. They have people who have been on the show previously - either successful couples or still singles. They supposedly watch the show for the first time on camera and make whatever their deep expert comments on it, like they know what they are talking about. I watched it once. Never again. I think it is on Thursday nights or Wednesday after AfterParty - not sure. Some people enjoy seeing people from the past and catching up with them. This season, Alyssa is supposed to be one of the commentators. No thank you.

• Like 3

Embrace your body and lifestyle (I don't see ANY attempt to restrict different types of "empty calories", snacks, high calorie meals and/or alcohol) but, as I learned and will never forget, accept that your appearance will reflect the lifestyle choices you make.

Not always. Maybe not even often. I have spent a LOT of time with people with various eating disorders. Some of the most conventionally attractive people among them are terribly ill. Their illness makes them make some pretty awful "lifestyle" choices. But they look "pretty" and "slender" by conventional standards. I also know people who work out every day, some of them vigorously. They are what our society would term "overweight" or to use this season's favorite euphemism, "thick." Finally, I know some people who don't really eat much but are "larger." It's just how their bodies are built.

I work in a shop. I see dozens of people every single day. The overwhelming majority of them are shaped like Gina, Nicole, Kirsten and Dom. This is what a majority of US women look like. BMI scales are outdated and quite frankly, fairly useless in terms of being any sort of measure of "health." Our society continues to prize and promote pretty extreme (and fairly uncommon) slender-ness as a standard of beauty, and worse yet, health. I keep hoping that this will change but I don't see much progress.

• Like 3
On 3/2/2023 at 1:11 PM, Guy Who Watches said:

He asked "how much" and he said they told him $5000 and you can still live in Lexington.  He still turned them down.

$5000 to marry a stranger for a TV show? And be subjected to weeks of scripted filming? Sheesh, MAFS is c-h-e-a-p!

Even if the $5000 was an extra incentive on top of whatever they're paid per contract, it's still too cheap.

Thanks for sharing the inside scoop!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kikicat said:

$5000 to marry a stranger for a TV show? And be subjected to weeks of scripted filming? Sheesh, MAFS is c-h-e-a-p!

Even if the $5000 was an extra incentive on top of whatever they're paid per contract, it's still too cheap.

Thanks for sharing the inside scoop!

If you think about all the hours of application and filming, it's probably not even minimum wage...

• Like 3
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 3:39 AM, Lindz said:

Gina had to move in for them to have a housewarming party, huh? All girls at the party, too? WHERE WERE THE GUYS???? 🤔🧐

My guess is that Gina and Clint had an off camera discussion to keep filming together and to play nice. They probably still want to get paid and will run out the clock until DD, after which they will happily go their separate ways.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 7
On 3/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, Retired at last said:

@pdlinda, I guess "thick" is supposed to sound better than "fat," although they would both feel hurtful if you were self-conscious about your appearance. My mother once told me that I was "beefy" and that stayed with me. Like you, I have found an eating plan that works for me. I wear between a 2 and a 4 and am totally enjoying wearing pretty clothes that are form fitting and getting new clothes from my friends who have lovely expensive clothes that they realize they will never wear again! While it is nice to see women on this show who aren't so slim, I think it just comes from my own experiences that I cringe when I see how they choose to dress.

It is better. Thick means you have Curves. You have actual body instead of a stick figure. You can be in great shape and still be thick. It's not an insult within itself. But, most things can be an insult if you want to take it that way.

• Like 8

On 3/3/2023 at 1:18 PM, pdlinda said:

I think that the pool of "ready, willing and able" participants for this "show" shrinks with every passing season.  I think they cast whomever they can get and it shows (more and more every season).

My thoughts exactly. Case in point, the DJ from Lexington that someone mentioned earlier who was offered money and was told he didn’t have to move to Nashville. That says ‘desperation’ to me. It’s impossible to take any of this seriously anymore. The last couples to exhibit any honesty in trying were Jessica and Austin as well as Vincent and Briana. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Zero260 said:

the DJ from Lexington that someone mentioned earlier who was offered money and was told he didn’t have to move to Nashville. 

Was he told he could just camp out in someone's parents' basement?  😂🤣

Edited by princelina
  • LOL 5
(edited)

‘I’m not watching this season, but am checking out your comments. What expertise could  Alyssa possibly offer?  Her one experience with MAFS ended immediately  after the wedding.  She did not even try at the ‘honeymoon’.  

Edited by mythoughtis
Corrected the first word
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

‘My not watching this season, but am checking out your comments. What expertise could  Alyssa possibly offer?  Her one experience with MAFS ended immediately  after the wedding.  She did not even try at the ‘honeymoon’.  

I'm guessing she is Team Dominique...

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 3/4/2023 at 11:36 AM, LuvMyShows said:

What show is that?

Gina seems quite conflicted about this.  On the one hand, when Clint made his comment, she said things about how it's hurtful to all curvy girls, and included herself.  But on the other hand, when she was talking with the girls about the "slender" part, she said she has a 26" waist and is therefore slender.  No, honey, that's not how this works.  

I can't remember the context of her comment now, but I remember thinking at the time she said it, "welcome to Mack's world", cause what she was complaining about seemed to be basically the position she put Mack in all the time with her comments/put-downs.

Ha ha, I missed the 26" waist.   She is delusional.

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Ha ha, I missed the 26" waist.   She is delusional.

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

LOL yeah, a 26" waist.....in funhouse tape measure land.

Maybe she meant her mouth.

I'll see myself out.

Gina seemed to be shocked that people consider her "on the curvy side".

Perhaps she is smaller than she looks on screen.

Did Nicole lose a lot of weight since taping stopped? She seems slimmer now.

I think all women can be beautiful no matter what size but Gina comes across as a hypocrite because of her comments about redheads.

Heck, Clint's hair looks more auburn than red on my screen. His beard has more red in it but overall I think his hair color is very pretty. It might be his best physical feature.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

Heck, Clint's hair looks more auburn than red on my screen. His beard has more red in it but overall I think his hair color is very pretty. It might be his best physical feature.

One of the guys said on Afterparty that Clint is very vain about his hair, which is why he was surprised and had his feelings hurt by Gina's ginger comments

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
On 3/2/2023 at 2:27 PM, JayDub1987 said:

So help me God, I listen to KSR every day of the week and I missed it yesterday. Probably the fourth time I've missed the show in a solid year or so. Definitely interesting that they tried to recruit Matt! 

Did you listen to KSR last Friday?  Matt had asked one of his call-in people to watch the show and to call in to let him know if he would have liked to be married to any of the women.  She called in and they talked about it but it was obvious that he didn't know how the show worked...he thought he got a choice of the women...and she had actually watched MAFS UK edition on the Thursday night.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:08 PM, Crashcourse said:

Welp.  Dom has bailed.  Mac is trying to act like he's disappointed--but he isn't.  🤣 Pastor Cal told her that 25 was too young.  So why was she chosen in the first place?   

She was an "old soul" IIRC what she said on the matchmaking episodes.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, Retired at last said:

So does that mean Jasmine or Kirsten is gay? I don't remember which one says she does not kiss or like kissing.

No, I’m talking about Arris in particular, not the girls.  I don’t think he cares for Jasmine at all, therefore is not interested in kissing her.