Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: Party-ing Ways

• Start Topic

Our Nashville newlyweds plan housewarming parties, but the guest list sparks controversy for one couple, and steak isn't the only thing getting grilled.  One couple reveals that they've crossed the threshold into sex, and another may be reconsidering their divorce.

Airs Wednesday March 1 at 8:00PM EST.

Well, that was fast! I wonder if she will be gone or if she will continue to want to be involved like that awful Alyssa was. And, I do agree that she was too young. She is also very immature. Good riddance for Mac. However, I still wonder how he applied to and was elected for this show if he just moved into his friend's parent's house right before the show started with no other home or job. He had to have been recruited.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Dom’s mom needs to stay out of her love life and the experts need to figure their shit out.  They’re don’t even match on some basic compatibilities. I’m glad Cal isn’t trying to force people to continue this season though. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
Auto correct monkeys
  • Like 8

Domynique’s lunch with her mother and blaming Mackinley for the divorce was BS. Domynique accept your part in the divorce and grow up.

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Domynique and Mac showing up at the house party had to be odd. Mac asking about sex because he’s trying to be a troublemaker.

🥴🥴

Edited by APK
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

The group needs to butt out of Chris and Dom’s relationship too and no Nicole, I don’t think she’ll regret getting divorced. Not everyone does. 
Clint is full of hot air and needs to cut back talking buy at least half. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

No surprise Dom checked out. You could tell Mac didn’t care. I don’t know why they are still included in the  group get togethers when they are not a couple anymore. And the other couples shouldn’t be telling them to try to stay together when their marriages are not that great either. 

The rest of these couples are doomed, except for Chris and Nicole. The other three couples are not attracted to each other. They are tap dancing around maybe the attraction will grow and taking it slow, looking at Kirsten, Gina and Airris here. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Well, that was fast! I wonder if she will be gone or if she will continue to want to be involved like that awful Alyssa was. And, I do agree that she was too young. She is also very immature. Good riddance for Mac. However, I still wonder how he applied to and was elected for this show if he just moved into his friend's parent's house right before the show started with no other home or job. He had to have been recruited.

I remember reading quite a long time ago that most of the people are recruited so you may def have a good point!  I thought she was extremely immature even for a 25 yr old right from the very start yet they tried to give her this edit about her level of maturity early on.  She is extremely uncomfortable to watch.... maybe some glaring insecurities?  I find Aires(sp) uncomfortable to watch too and he doesn't often make eye contact, and I noticed that, even at the altar.  Hard to believe these people get chosen at all.... especially recruited?  I don't get it.  And how can anyone choose to go into an arranged marriage and then not be open to any possibilities?  This show has just  become more frustrating to watch over time.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, APK said:

Airris may still be insecure about coming to terms with his homosexuality. Airris shouldn’t be shy about his lifestyle, it’s 2023. Did the production team give Chris a bad edit? In next weeks preview Chris tells Nicole that she’s a little thick. That comment could be the beginning of the end of their marriage.

Yikes.... to a little 'thick', as in slow or like girth?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Welp.  Dom has bailed.  Mac is trying to act like he's disappointed--but he isn't.  🤣 Pastor Cal told her that 25 was too young.  So why was she chosen in the first place?   

Yeah, Cal, show us what you guys said when you were supposedly 'choosing' her.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Chris and Nicole's housewarming party theme was super cute.

The Fla-mingle and the pineapples read swingers-theme to me. Alas, I'm sure that N & C were naive to the double entendre/symbolism. 😆

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I didn't find Mack and his "I love boobies" declarations to be particularly mature either. 

It sounds like Chris is saying in the preview that he asked for someone thicker than he usually dated. Maybe because he was feeling out of shape himself, as he indicated? I don't trust this to be what they want us to think it is. 

Edited by bref
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, APK said:

Domynique’s lunch with her mother and blaming Mackinley for the divorce was BS. Domynique accept your part in the divorce and grow up.

Dom wanted to “do things” like every minute of the day.  Just sitting on the beach with a drink and enjoying the sun and beach wasn’t enough for her.  She wanted action, like a kid.  She better stay single.  Mac?  Who knows why he was chosen.  Horrible season.

• Like 11

So Dom asked for a divorce on day 12!? Girl! You couldn't even make it two weeks?? I don't care how she tried to justify it to herself on After Party--- she gave up way, way too easily. She could have at least moved in with separate bedrooms. Yes, I understand Mac's living situation was problematic--- I would be turned off by that at his age, too. However, she should have had a discussion with him about his finances. I believe he's in the cannabis business which can be quite lucrative. Is he prepared to move, e.g. does he have first month, last month, security deposit in the bank? Now that he's had 5 months to acclimate to Nashville, where does he see himself living? Maybe suggest some places since she's born and raised there. She wrote him off and didn't give him a chance. Her vows meant very little to her. I feel bad for whomever got bumped off the show for her.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Reposting without a spoilery spoiler:  

Exactly.  If 25 is too young, why did the "experts" choose her?  25 isn't necessarily too young to be married but Dom is most definitely too immature.  What should have given the "experts" pause was that Dom herself didn't apply and her mother did for her.   I think she was okay with Mac until first, she saw that he wasn't nearly as adventurous as her and second, that he lives in a basement apartment.  Because Dom seems to be operating on a 14 to 16-year-old's level, it's like a teenager who loses interest in a guy based on the car he drives or where he works.  She's incapable of seeing who and what Mac is really about.  He may not be the greatest but she'll never know because she's out. 

On paper, Clint would probably have been a good match for her.  He's older, established, outdoorsy and adventurous.  Dom only wants a sugar daddy anyhow -- unless of course her mother told her she wants something else. 

Good riddance.  I hope never to see Dom on my tv again. 

Chris and Nicole's housewarming party theme was super cute.  Clint and Gina appeared to be getting along but I have to wonder if it's real or for the cameras.  Maybe if Clint would let Gina trim and shape up his hair?  Airris's cousin can miss me with her assessment that Jasmine is fake.  If Airris listens to her, the relationship with Jasmine will end sooner rather than later.  

Other than Chris and Nicole, I'm thinking only Kirsten and Shaq stand a chance - a very small chance. 

So was the couples' potluck a producer gimmick so that everyone would be present for Dom and Mac to announce their divorce?  (And can't they get an annulment? )  Mac was very diplomatic in saying that he and Dom decided together to divorce when it was clearly her decision - and she didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus.  Interesting that none of the other couples mentioned seeing anything concerning (belittling, etc.) on the honeymoon.  And while Nicole may be right for other couples to try to work it out, she needs to let this one go.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Dom’s Mother shouldn’t have been allowed to enter Dom in the first place.  She probably wanted to get her off her hands and have a life of her own.  25 is not too young to be married.  I was 22 and am still married many, many years, only because there’s love here.  This marrying a stranger is bullshit.  Most are doing it for the money or a dare.  After just two weeks Dom was done?  The Mother must be thinking “ here we go again”, as she wants a life of her own, not some bratty 25 yr old hanging on her skirts.

• Like 8
(edited)

The whole get-together pot luck was clearly scripted. Every time they get together, one person is appointed to ask if they are having sex. At least they didn't have someone ask about how their "marriages" rated. I thought the Dom/Mac breakup announcement was OK, and I agree, that the others should stay out. At first I was worried that once Dom said, "maybe," that they were going to try again, but I am glad they didn't. And, yes, I don't want to see her again - ever. He is kind of blah, so if he showed up, I wouldn't even notice him.

Chris and Nicole will be OK, although I was surprised by the preview showing him saying he doesn't usually date women who are 'thick." Hopefully, he will follow that up with something about how he is happy with Nicole the way she I (which is 'thick'). Nicole has to realize that. Same with Gina. They are bigger women and they seem OK with it, but they can't pretend they aren't. If it bothers them, change it. If they are happy with themselves, fine. But, don't pretend that their bodies aren't larger. Clearly, based on the way they all dress, they want to show off their bodies and embrace their curves.

I don't know what is going on with Airris and why Jasmine is so enamored with him. He is creepy and doesn't make eye contact. I would have been with her 100% if that cousin showed up to the party. He should have never invited her. And, that is one strange relationship (Airris and his nasty cousin). 

I still don't like Kirsten and her baby voice. They will stay in the friend zone.

I am missing one couple and don't even care who it is. 

ETA - oh yeah, Gina and Clint. I kind of like Clint and Gina has also decided she doesn't want to be with him. So, I am glad she moved in, but she will never move into his room. At least the dog has a new friend.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

So Dom asked for a divorce on day 12!? Girl! You couldn't even make it two weeks?? I don't care how she tried to justify it to herself on After Party--- she gave up way, way too easily. ... She wrote him off and didn't give him a chance.

As for justifying it on the after-party, are you referring to how Mack was no happier with what he got than she was with what she got, and hadn't hesitated to tell her?  And in fact had reiterated it before Cal showed up for the meeting, and was saying how he was going to tell Cal this and that, but then when Cal showed up, he didn't? 

I see that as explaining her decision rather than justifying it.  It sure looks like neither one was happy and both were fine with splitting up but only one made the actual call. 

7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Dom wanted to “do things” like every minute of the day.  Just sitting on the beach with a drink and enjoying the sun and beach wasn’t enough for her.  She wanted action, like a kid.  She better stay single. 

Or she could find a partner who also likes to "do things" every minute of the day.  A lot of guys would kill to have a partner like that.  Well, until they have kids, when somebody needs to be with them during the adventures.

19 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

And, that is one strange relationship (Airris and his nasty cousin). 

I think it was on the aftershow where Jasmine said she's his only family member in the area, and her opinion matters because of it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  cousins are trouble.  There's just something about being related but not sharing that much DNA that can lead to trouble.

• Like 3
(edited)

I just watched the episode and I don't  think I watched the same one as y'all!

Airiss is gay?

A pineapple is a symbol for the Swinger Life? (Did "Psych" know?!)

The show has been excruciatingly clear since its inception that no, couples cannot  get "an annulment." 

Did a producer mistakenly give Chris Clint's script? "Thick" is the flipside of "my type is slender." See Chris. See Chris slink. See Chris slink off to the doghouse.

[Note to men and boys: 1.) Do not speak of the female form unless it is in praise of your partner.

2.) Do not speak in comparative terms, even in compliments, as the delusion of being "The Only One Ever" is strong in the human condition.

3.) Do not think that imperatives 1 and 2 are negated by what you consider "humor."]

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So the only remotely "exciting" thing that happened this episode was the Dom/Mac divorce, and they shot that wad in the first 7 minutes of the episode. Somehow, I stayed tuned in for the other 83 minutes. Dom's whole, "I don't let people in my life who are negative" isn't a viable strategy as everyone has days/weeks/periods of time where they are negative. Hell, Dom became pretty negative when she found out that Mac wasn't more "secure" (see: had money). Not sure how either of them got picked for this show, and I sure don't know how they got put together. Oh wait, yes I do. because the show knew how this would end.

As far as the rest of these people, they're all boring as dirt. Clint and Gina trying to manufacture drama is getting hard to watch. I really think Arris is a closet homosexual, and that's totally fine. But just embrace it and admit it. It's 2023, nothing to hide from. 

• Like 4

Interesting that every season, we seem to have speculation about the sexual preferences of one of the cast. I guess this time it is Airris.

@LennieBriscoe, I'm with you. I had no idea about the pineapple reference.

I don't know what they are doing with the references to body type, except to bring the drama.

• Like 2

I wonder if Arriss has a Madonna Whore Complex. He sees Jasmine as virtuous and nurturing and is therefore unable to see her as a sexual being. On the honeymoon, he said: "You're giving lady. I want whore!" I thought it so strange at the time. It would also follow that he's had long term sexual relationships, but never been in love. 

I've noticed his distinct lack of eye contact with Jasmine. I need to pay attention to see if he does that to everybody or just to her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

So the only remotely "exciting" thing that happened this episode was the Dom/Mac divorce, and they shot that wad in the first 7 minutes of the episode. Somehow, I stayed tuned in for the other 83 minutes. Dom's whole, "I don't let people in my life who are negative" isn't a viable strategy as everyone has days/weeks/periods of time where they are negative. Hell, Dom became pretty negative when she found out that Mac wasn't more "secure" (see: had money). Not sure how either of them got picked for this show, and I sure don't know how they got put together. Oh wait, yes I do. because the show knew how this would end.

As far as the rest of these people, they're all boring as dirt. Clint and Gina trying to manufacture drama is getting hard to watch. I really think Arris is a closet homosexual, and that's totally fine. But just embrace it and admit it. It's 2023, nothing to hide from. 

I should have known he was gay.  At 17 yrs old, I went out with a guy that never wanted to kiss.  He took me to all his family functions, I guess to show me off.  Turned out he was gay.  That no kissing was the sign, but I was too nieve to realize.

• Useful 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Chris and Nicole will be OK, although I was surprised by the preview showing him saying he doesn't usually date women who are 'thick." Hopefully, he will follow that up with something about how he is happy with Nicole the way she I (which is 'thick').

At their reception, the couples were asked what they think of their partners.  Chris said that Nicole has beautiful eyes and a lovely smile.  He also said that she was a bit thicker than the women he normally dates, but that it wasn't a problem.  The editors had his back, because when his interview was shown, the line about dating women that weren't as thick was cut.  Clearly, Chris didn't know the line had been cut.  He told Nicole what he said, because he didn't want her to be surprised when she saw it.  Oops.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 3
16 hours ago, Retired at last said:

HI.  I'm new here.  I'm a guy who watches MAFS.  I happened to find it while channel surfing and thought it was so weird I had to watch.  Then I got hooked. 

Anyway...the reason I signed up here was to post this:  I listen to a talk radio show every morning.  It's called Kentucky Sports Radio, or KSR.  The host is a guy named Matt Jones and they talk about Kentucky sports, sports in general, and other topics..  He mentioned yesterday that he had been recruited for the Nashville season of a show (he) called "Love at First Sight." ( One of the other announcers corrected him on the show's title).  So he said that he turned the offer down.  Then they got back to him and asked him if he would do it if they paid him.  He asked "how much" and he said they told him $5000 and you can still live in Lexington.  He still turned them down.

I thought this was an interesting tidbit that you guys might like to know about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 13
37 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I should have known he was gay.  At 17 yrs old, I went out with a guy that never wanted to kiss.  He took me to all his family functions, I guess to show me off.  Turned out he was gay.  That no kissing was the sign, but I was too nieve to realize.

So does that mean Jasmine or Kirsten is gay? I don't remember which one says she does not kiss or like kissing.

• Like 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Dom’s Mother shouldn’t have been allowed to enter Dom in the first place. 

How do you know her mother entered her?  What did her mother do, fill out the application for her?

She still would have had to complete all the questionnaires and interviews. Bottom line, the show should have never picked her.

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

So does that mean Jasmine or Kirsten is gay? I don't remember which one says she does not kiss or like kissing.

It was Kirsten who said she's not a good kisser, although I think she's using that an excuse for not kissing Shaq because she's not attracted to him.   

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Guy Who Watches said:

HI.  I'm new here.  I'm a guy who watches MAFS.  I happened to find it while channel surfing and thought it was so weird I had to watch.  Then I got hooked. 

Anyway...the reason I signed up here was to post this:  I listen to a talk radio show every morning.  It's called Kentucky Sports Radio, or KSR.  The host is a guy named Matt Jones and they talk about Kentucky sports, sports in general, and other topics..  He mentioned yesterday that he had been recruited for the Nashville season of a show (he) called "Love at First Sight." ( One of the other announcers corrected him on the show's title).  So he said that he turned the offer down.  Then they got back to him and asked him if he would do it if they paid him.  He asked "how much" and he said they told him $5000 and you can still live in Lexington.  He still turned them down.

I thought this was an interesting tidbit that you guys might like to know about.

I am interested to know that!

1 hour ago, Rightside said:

How do you know her mother entered her?  What did her mother do, fill out the application for her?

She still would have had to complete all the questionnaires and interviews. Bottom line, the show should have never picked her.

She said her mother “signed her up” for MAFS.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

We have been told by both the experts and Dom that her mother filled out the application and sent it in.  At which point Dom said that she decided it was a good idea and was willing to be on t.v., er, I mean willing to be married at first sight.  But,then, the experts basically told us not to worry because Dom was an "old soul..."  I think Mac was pissed that Dom wanted a divorce and he certainly seemed like he didn't like her "maybe" answer as he wanted it to be over and not half-in, half-out.

I think Shaq and Kirsten could make a good couple, but she is just too committed to "no bald men..." and thinks so highly of herself.  

Gina was trying to pout throughout their party in order to both put a damper on it and to get the others to focus their attention on her (she was sulking on the stool while everyone else was laughing and seemingly had a good time).  Didn't work.  Her dog Hank seems to like Clint better than Gina. 

I think Chris isn't happy being married to Nicole-he just seems (IMO) to be putting in the time rather than being excited about being married.  I rally think Nicole really wants to be married and is trying to make it work.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Dom wanted to “do things” like every minute of the day.  Just sitting on the beach with a drink and enjoying the sun and beach wasn’t enough for her.  She wanted action, like a kid.  She better stay single.  Mac?  Who knows why he was chosen.  Horrible season.

So she says but maybe just part of her excuse for getting out of the marriage.  What does she do for a living, anyone know?

• Like 1

I think Nicole was so desperate to be married that she'd try to make it work with anyone they matched her up with.  Chris is already beginning to look tired and worn out dealing with her.  I expect them to say Yes on Decision Day, but I doubt they'll last a year.    

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Guy Who Watches said:

So help me God, I listen to KSR every day of the week and I missed it yesterday. Probably the fourth time I've missed the show in a solid year or so. Definitely interesting that they tried to recruit Matt! 

• Like 1

I'm truly hoping the punchline with the Dom/Mack storyline is it turns out that Mack's family is extremely wealthy and he, himself is loaded, and he decided to live with his friend's parents in their basement because he wants to weed out the chicks that are only interesting in his money

Because the only reason Dom was sour on him is bc she assumes he's broke AF.

I'm trying to figure out what she brings to the table.  She doesn't seem particularly bright.  She's no knockout.  I'm not seeing some great personality.  For someone who is all about positivity, she seems all about negativity.

For Mack's sake, I'm glad she left.  He can do far, far better than that wet blanket.

And Nicole..I want to like Nicole.  But she really strikes me as someone you have a very hard time being around for more than a few hours.  There's something about her that feels disingenuous to me.  Like she's the typical, "I'm a strong personality" and then you find out that means obnoxious, not strength in character.  Chris, well, I appreciate his love for dogs, but someone buy this man a personality.  

The rest of the show I forget pretty much.  This cast just sucks.

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Interesting that every season, we seem to have speculation about the sexual preferences of one of the cast. I guess this time it is Airris.

@LennieBriscoe, I'm with you. I had no idea about the pineapple reference.

I don't know what they are doing with the references to body type, except to bring the drama.

I didn't know that about pineapples either.  

I'm not going to speculate about whether or not Airris is gay -- I thought he was a player who was used to one-night stands and maybe has more interest when the woman has zero interest in him.  I will speculate about his cousin though.  She seems WAY too interested in the whole thing (despite saying she wasn't coming to the housewarming party because she wasn't going to support the marriage, while saying it on film for MAFS).  In fact, IMO, she sounds more like a bitter ex than a cousin.  

• Like 13
1 minute ago, psychoticstate said:

In fact, IMO, she sounds more like a bitter ex than a cousin.  

Well, maybe not an ex, but she sure doesn't want him involved with another woman! If he gets a divorce, then she is back to being number one.

• Like 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

I’m trying to figure out what she brings to the table.  She doesn't seem particularly bright.  She's no knockout.  I'm not seeing some great personality.  For someone who is all about positivity, she seems all about negativity.

For Mack's sake, I'm glad she left.  He can do far, far better than that wet blanket.

And Nicole..I want to like Nicole.  But she really strikes me as someone you have a very hard time being around for more than a few hours.

Agree about Nicole. She’s described herself as “a lot,” and I agree, and it’s the kind of personality that I’d have an okay time with in group settings or going out for drinks with like once every couple of months, but I’d have a hard time being close to. Her “a lot” would be too much for me and I’d find it annoying before too long. She’s a nice person, but just not my cup of tea. (I did know that pineapples = swinging.)

Mack’s face when he hugged Dom and the way he said he didn’t want to be friends (and good for him) said it all. They’ll never talk again unless they have to for the show. Dom is way, way less mature than she thinks she is, and while she may not regret this, I think she’ll look back in 10 years and realize her immaturity. I don’t think it would have worked with anyone (though she and Mack were not a match) because she’s simply not ready. (I did enjoy her “carcass in the road” simile.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 9

Fairly certain the pineapples signal for swingers is upside-down pineapples specifically, not just any pineapple. I only learned about this fairly recently myself. I can't remember how, but it came up later in Ghosts when there was a photo on a wall, and I was certain it would come into play later, and indeed it did.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

I'm truly hoping the punchline with the Dom/Mack storyline is it turns out that Mack's family is extremely wealthy and he, himself is loaded, and he decided to live with his friend's parents in their basement because he wants to weed out the chicks that are only interesting in his money

I think they are reasonably well off because Mac's mother offered him $50,000 to not be on the show. Presumably she actually has that much cash to make good on her end of the deal. Mac also said he is "in the cannabis business" and "money is not a problem." I think Mac actually probably does ok financially but I do think the fact that he hadn't signed a lease or brought his dogs to live with him and really seemed to have put down no roots whatsoever in five months speaks to a lack of commitment to staying in Nashville. I saw Dom's concern there and I don't necessarily think it was that she thought he had no money; I think she was really worried that he wouldn't want to stay in Nashville. 

Bear in mind that I'm convinced Mac only moved to Nashville to be on the show, so I come from that perspective. I think Dom figured that out and decided that was enough to end any interest she may have had in Mac. I also think that Dom wasn't really all that interested in getting married but got talked into it by her mom, who seemed to have an irrational desire for her fairly young daughter to be married.

I don't really think either one of them is much of a catch. They may both have done just as well to stay together.

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think they are reasonably well off because Mac's mother offered him $50,000 to not be on the show. Presumably she actually has that much cash to make good on her end of the deal. Mac also said he is "in the cannabis business" and "money is not a problem." I think Mac actually probably does ok financially but I do think the fact that he hadn't signed a lease or brought his dogs to live with him and really seemed to have put down no roots whatsoever in five months speaks to a lack of commitment to staying in Nashville. I saw Dom's concern there and I don't necessarily think it was that she thought he had no money; I think she was really worried that he wouldn't want to stay in Nashville. 

Bear in mind that I'm convinced Mac only moved to Nashville to be on the show, so I come from that perspective. I think Dom figured that out and decided that was enough to end any interest she may have had in Mac. I also think that Dom wasn't really all that interested in getting married but got talked into it by her mom, who seemed to have an irrational desire for her fairly young daughter to be married.

I don't really think either one of them is much of a catch. They may both have done just as well to stay together.

But she also made some comment that it would be different if was in an apartment with roommates.  How does that signal staying in Nashville?

As far as I know apartments are rented typically for a one year lease.  If he siybegned a one year lease with an apartment, how does that guarantee her he wouldn't stay in Nashville?

If she made the comment:  "I don't believe he's in Nashville for any other reason than this show -- he doesn't lease a place and he doesn't even have his dogs here."  But the comment was if he had an apartment shared with roommates it would be okay.  Just not a friends' parent's basement.  The sneering she did just looking at the place!  

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

But she also made some comment that it would be different if was in an apartment with roommates.  How does that signal staying in Nashville?

As far as I know apartments are rented typically for a one year lease.  If he siybegned a one year lease with an apartment, how does that guarantee her he wouldn't stay in Nashville?

If she made the comment:  "I don't believe he's in Nashville for any other reason than this show -- he doesn't lease a place and he doesn't even have his dogs here."  But the comment was if he had an apartment shared with roommates it would be okay.  Just not a friends' parent's basement.  The sneering she did just looking at the place!  

I think to her it felt like couch-surfing rather than actually living somewhere. Honestly, it did to me too.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I didn't really get that - I just thought she wanted to do things and enjoy them; not necessarily for the whole trip, but they were in Jamaica after all.  He was a wet blanket doing anything.  Mr P and I honeymooned in Hawaii and did some sight seeing, snorkeling, helicoper rides and boat cruises and still had plenty of time to relax on the beach - it didn't seem to me that they even did that much and he was miserable with that.  Put a smile on your face and get in the kayak!

15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Exactly.  If 25 is too young, why did the "experts" choose her?  25 isn't necessarily too young to be married but Dom is most definitely too immature.  What should have given the "experts" pause was that Dom herself didn't apply and her mother did for her.   I think she was okay with Mac until first, she saw that he wasn't nearly as adventurous as her and second, that he lives in a basement apartment.  Because Dom seems to be operating on a 14 to 16-year-old's level, it's like a teenager who loses interest in a guy based on the car he drives or where he works.  She's incapable of seeing who and what Mac is really about.  He may not be the greatest but she'll never know because she's out. 

Mac was very diplomatic in saying that he and Dom decided together to divorce when it was clearly her decision - and she didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus.  Interesting that none of the other couples mentioned seeing anything concerning (belittling, etc.) on the honeymoon.  

I think he's a big old gaslighter who taunts her off camera - we got a hint of it when he went to visit her apartment.  I don't even like her, but my guess is he's a nightmare in private and she's well rid of him.  

9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Haha at 35 I went out with a guy who wouldn't do anything more, but he took me to all family/friends events and blamed "dead wife trauma" for being slow moving.  I began to suspect he was gay - turned out he was sleeping with a 19 year old girl but needed me as his "beard" to hide that 🙄😄

4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Haha right, and after engineering this perfect plan he signed up for MAFS! 🤣 Well done sir!  You taught her a lesson! 😂

• Like 1
15 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Reposting without a spoilery spoiler:  

Exactly.  If 25 is too young, why did the "experts" choose her?  25 isn't necessarily too young to be married but Dom is most definitely too immature.  What should have given the "experts" pause was that Dom herself didn't apply and her mother did for her. 

The fact her mother put the app in should have been disqualifying action. She was dragged into doing this in the first place. In one sense I respect her action and decision. If, as unfair as it is, she has no intention of trying to make it work then better to just rip the band-aid off. This was a flagrant bogey for all who were responsible for this couple getting together. These people should be smart enough to know if someone is just going along to get along.

On paper, Clint would probably have been a good match for her.  He's older, established, outdoorsy and adventurous.  Dom only wants a sugar daddy anyhow -- unless of course her mother told her she wants something else. 

Unsuitable for anyone really.

Chris and Nicole's housewarming party theme was super cute.  Clint and Gina appeared to be getting along but I have to wonder if it's real or for the cameras.  Maybe if Clint would let Gina trim and shape up his hair?  Airris's cousin can miss me with her assessment that Jasmine is fake.  If Airris listens to her, the relationship with Jasmine will end sooner rather than later.  

I think her issue with Clint was her own insecurity. On an appearance level they're really evenly matched. She for some reason sabotaged the relationship by commenting on some immutable characteristic. The he did likewise due to his insecurity. If they get past that they might have some success. But I doubt it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, redpencil said:

Fairly certain the pineapples signal for swingers is upside-down pineapples specifically, not just any pineapple. I only learned about this fairly recently myself. I can't remember how, but it came up later in Ghosts when there was a photo on a wall, and I was certain it would come into play later, and indeed it did.

Yes but the pineapples (upside down or not) along with the Flamingle...c'moooon!

Of course, I'm kidding and making much ado about nothing. I'm sure that that party decor was produced to be used with only G-rated intentions.

• LOL 4

I'm over Niq's BS & so was PC! Did she really think she'd get away with saying she's "over it" without saying what she means. Then tried saying she didn't wanna say "divorce" on the aftershow. She wanted them to interpret that?!! Girl, BYE! I thought she was Miss No BS?!! Then succumbed to the group pressuring her to say, "maybe"?!!! Again. Girl. BYE!!!! She knows they're gunna find out she was lying, right??? WTF is wrong with her?!!! Then said she texted Mac she wasn't closed to continuing...after she said she wanted a divorce??!! WHAT?!!! NAH!! NO BACKSIES!!!! I'm done with both of them. So weird they didn't show a preview of the season, must mean something strange happens or something.

• Like 1