Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Not Dating Yet

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Nell's friends rally to set her up on some dates, but Nell isn't sure she's ready to move on; Edward has better luck finding a match.

Original Airdate: February 22, 2023       ABC       9:30pm   
This was originally episode 4.
Trent Garrett 
165280_1164-900x0.jpg

Did not see that coming either. Aww.

Well, salad lady got a hook up. Lexi is sorely lacking in people skills. Or reading the room. Love Lauren Ash though.

This episode was probably the best one so far and it seems to be getting better. I'm predisposed to like it and give it plenty of chances because I like Gina and most of the cast a lot.

Edited by Ms Lark
Editing on a cellphone isn't easy!
  • Like 5

So was the ghost a random thing? Does this mean besides the obit subjects, she could see ghosts when she needs help? 

I recall one or two critics mentioning a sharp turn to the show with the 4th episode; this might be what they meant

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

I think Show has found its groove with this episode -- I like the characters, even the super-supporting ones, and Gina Rodriguez could read the phone book and I'd be charmed. Not gonna lie -- I teared up a little at the ending. Unexpected and bittersweet. Paired with Abbott Elementary, it completes a terrific hour of comedy.

• Like 5

I actually saw it coming.  He never touched Nell, they weren't shown to actually eating or drinking- just sitting at the table... I said by the time they were riding the kiddie rides that he was a ghost.  Kinda sad.  They had great chemistry.  I am also confused about Nell seeing him, but maybe she'll be assigned his obit at the top of the next episode (I don't watch previews, so not sure if that's true or not heh). 

• Like 8

I saw it coming too, when he refused the churro I was sure (I don't why that was my momemt, I don't think I'ver actually had a churro) I'm also not sure if he was just a random ghost or not. Unlike her obit subjects, it didn't really seem like he knew he was dead. Of course, that could just be because we weren't supposed to know. Expanding the ghosts beyond just her assignments would certainly give them more options and allow more leeway for repeat appearances.

• Like 5

I also saw the ending coming and was waiting for the selfie reveal. So sad because he really does seem like a sweet guy. She will probably learn more about him in the next episode when she has to write his obituary.

Yay salad lady has her sugar daddy!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Yes, Nell didn’t  seem to know that he was dead so this is something different?   Doesn’t she notice the reactions of the people around her when she’s talking to ghosts or as people see it, talking to herself. ?

she didn’t notice that this potential boyfriend didn’t want to eat anything didn’t pay for anything, etc.?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, Nell didn’t  seem to know that he was dead so this is something different?   Doesn’t she notice the reactions of the people around her when she’s talking to ghosts or as people see it, talking to herself. ?

she didn’t notice that this potential boyfriend didn’t want to eat anything didn’t pay for anything, etc.?

She seemed so caught up in him, she likely didn’t catch all the issues

• Like 5

I feel like this episode is the show really settling in. I started watching for the cast but I have started to really enjoy the show. I didn't catch on that the perfect man was dead until she took the picture. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Court said:

I feel like this episode is the show really settling in. I started watching for the cast but I have started to really enjoy the show. I didn't catch on that the perfect man was dead until she took the picture. 

I didn't catch on either, but that could have been because I was awake for ~18 hours on 5 hours of sleep, so i dunno.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
2 hours ago, LindaT said:

Love this show but I'm having trouble overlooking the fact that she looks like she is talking to herself out loud in public and at work. She looks crazy!

She does sometimes put in whatever those ear things are called to make it look like she’s talking on the phone with someone, but not often enough

• Like 5

I didn’t catch on until the picture either. Off to the next episode to see if anything is cleared up. 
I have pushed this show aside for a bit but since reading here that this episode made it work for some I am plowing through.

I just started watching the show - I think I didn't watch it when it first came out because I have a tendency to pay too much attention to the critics. I am now caught up in it and enjoyed this episode especially. I thought her "date" was so perfect that I think I was more disappointed than she was when it turned out he was dead.

• Like 3