Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVII - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Just now, Crashcourse said:

Except that she didn't perform that much or that well, IMHO. 

Well she was probably less mobile, but I've seen Rihanna's non-pregnant shows and she's not that electrifying of a performer.

I don't think this has anything to do with her being pregnant.

4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Why?  How did her pregnancy affect her singing at the halftime show? 

She was cast so that we can watch her sing. It was the dancing, and costuming,  not the singing that is in question.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Wasn't the outrage at the people who were outraged that the original M&M was wearing boots?  I'm not sure why her original outfit was offensive to some.  

None of it makes sense, it is candy.

When I eat candy I do not think about the gender identity nor sexual identity of my candy. I just want it to taste good.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don't think this has anything to do with her being pregnant.

Well, that's my real point.  She's just not that exciting a performer--pregnant or not.   I actually have some of her music, so I don't mind listening to her songs, but I definitely wouldn't pay to go see her.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

When I eat candy I do not think about the gender identity nor sexual identity of my candy. I just want it to taste good.

Exactly!  That's why I never understood why M&Ms felt the need to make a change in the first place.  Somebody complained about the boots, and they caved. 

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Wasn't the outrage at the people who were outraged that the original M&M was wearing boots?  I'm not sure why her original outfit was offensive to some.  

I am sad that I know this, but the original green M&M wore go-go boots with heels and had longer eyelashes and shiny lips compared to the updated M&M who was in sneakers and seemingly not wearing candy makeup.  There were those who felt that this was a diss against 'traditional' feminine attire.

M&M's controversy

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

There were those who felt that this was a diss against 'traditional' feminine attire.

I'm assuming that was a small group of people who felt that way, and I think TPTB of M&Ms were cowards in caving to this kind of idiocy.

• Like 1
Just now, Black Knight said:

The announcers mentioned that Hurts switched to longer cleats after the first quarter. I wonder how many other players were able to do the same.

At this level I would expect that every player has the gear on hand to change

• Like 1

The Chiefs D looks to me like they are getting tired and frustrated, a bad combination. The next time the KC offense gets out there, they really need to grind a drive out. I understand why they wanted to come out of the gate hot after halftime, but man, those defenders need rest.

• Like 2