Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Cry Wolf

• Start Topic

As Owen gets pulled deeper into the FBI’s investigation of the motorcycle gang, Sgt. O’Brien makes a confession to him. Meanwhile, Grace and the 126 respond to a call from a man who claims his girlfriend slipped over the side of a cliff and Carlos searches for a missing friend, putting his own life in danger.

Airdate: 02/07/2023

When they said that no one had been seen leaving the house where Iris had been, I wondered about a basement, crawlspace, or attic.  

I'm sad that O'Brien is apparently a bad guy.

As soon as Carlos got hit by the shovel (?), my immediate thought was 'okay, now it's Carlos' turn to be in a coma for a while'.

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

Before people start calling Owen dumb, I’d like to point out everyone in last week’s thread was convinced O’Brien was undercover. That being said Owen was dumb for taking the picture and not saying anything to the feds. 

And Carlos was dumb for not telling anyone where he was, even after he found the trap door.

• Like 9
41 minutes ago, marceline said:

I swear half the plots on both 9-1-1 shows involve people not calling for backup.

Probably because they are somewhere they are not supposed to be. Especially patrol officers attempting to do detective work.

I'll be surprised if he's not "rescued" by TJ.

• Like 3

I swear half the plots on both 9-1-1 shows involve people not calling for backup.

Yeah, this. So dumb. They're going to drag out this Carlos/TK drama as long as possible aren't they? And we're not through with the biker gang yet either, I'll bet. There seems to be a flirtation going on between Owen and the FBI agent. 

I wondered if Iris was making up the whole abduction just to get out of having to divorce Carlos. But I thought the detail about her kidnapper's hand looking burned was oddly specific so I decided against it.

• Like 6

Carlos crawling down the tunnel by himself, made me think of that insurance commercial that spoofs horror movies showing the hysterical teen girl wailing "why can't we hide behind this wall of chainsaws" as an example of stupid situational decision making. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 13
15 minutes ago, Msample said:

Carlos crawling down the tunnel by himself, made me think of that insurance commercial that spoofs horror movies showing the hysterical teen girl wailing "why can't we hide behind this wall of chainsaws" as an example of stupid situational decision making. 

Yes.
It's not just this show.

• Like 2

I want more insane 9-1-1 rescues per episode which involve the whole team and fewer crime drama investigations featuring Owen and his family. Sure, it's cheaper and easier to stage these scenes but they're nowhere near as interesting. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I do like that all the drama is coming from Carlos' direction for once in that relationship. It might be good for TK to get an idea of what it feels like to have your life constantly disrupted by some crisis going on with your partner.

I'm disappointed that Sgt. O'Brien turned out to be an actual neoNazi terrorist, but will give the show props for getting me to completely believe his I'm-also-undercover story.

• Like 9

It reminded me of the recent horror flick "Barbarian." Never crawl through some creepy tunnel you've just discovered under a house in the dark. WTF was he thinking. Nothing good can come from this.

I'm disappointed that Sgt. O'Brien turned out to be an actual neoNazi terrorist, but will give the show props for getting me to completely believe his I'm-also-undercover story.

Yeah and I generally like Neal McDonough, but you've gotta admit . . . he looks the part.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It reminded me of the recent horror flick "Barbarian." Never crawl through some creepy tunnel you've just discovered under a house in the dark. WTF was he thinking. Nothing good can come from this.

Yeah and I generally like Neal McDonough, but you've gotta admit . . . he looks the part.

Ha, when my fiancé and I were watching this episode, I said, oh there’s a naked screaming lady down this way! He doesn’t watch horror so had no idea what I was talking about. 

• Like 1

This episode was a chore to watch. I don't care about either of the two main plotlines. Let's just get back to some completely improbable act of God hitting Austin so the crew can make ridiculous saves and Marjan, Jud, and Paul are not relegated to glorified extras. This show has always paled in comparison to the OG 9-1-1 but at this point it's laughable what they are coming up with in order to give Rob Lowe 70% of the screen time.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
On 2/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, CoderLady said:

I want more insane 9-1-1 rescues per episode which involve the whole team 

I'd also prefer it if those rescues didn't involve saving an inanimate doll then letting her "die" in the middle of a resuscitation to satisfy some psycho about moving on with his life to live girlfriends.

• Like 7
On 2/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, iMonrey said:

They're going to drag out this Carlos/TK drama as long as possible aren't they? And we're not through with the biker gang yet either, I'll bet. There seems to be a flirtation going on between Owen and the FBI agent. 

Iris' abduction and the neo nazies are somehow going to be intertwined before it's over with.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, iMonrey said:

There seems to be a flirtation going on between Owen and the FBI agent. 

Nothing says impending love interest more than having the civilian completely bungle the whole operation then sending him back in to try to plant another bug.

If the plan wasn't to get the two of them together 1) the FBI agent would have been male and 2) Owen would have been cut loose after his first screw up and been arrested before he got anywhere near the biker gang again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The "Honor Dogs" sounds like one of those goofy names that Boyle on Brooklyn Nine-Nine made up for one of he and Jake's random stakeouts. Couldn't the writers have come up with something more, umm, militia-y?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, LtKelley said:

I suspect that production was hard pressed to find a name that sounded sorta hard core militia-y that wasn't already being used. You don't want a storyline about militia types going domestic terrorist and then name it after a real group. 

Good point.
Probably even worse if it was unwittingly named after a real group. 
At least equally regretful: If the writers came up with a name some real-life murderous group would think it was cool to adopt.

Actually, I thought "Honor Dogs" was perfect, if a bit distracting, and maybe even twee.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, LtKelley said:

I suspect that production was hard pressed to find a name that sounded sorta hard core militia-y that wasn't already being used. You don't want a storyline about militia types going domestic terrorist and then name it after a real group. 

I get that. Don't get me wrong - this show is ridiculous and my wife and I have always hate-watched it, but the name just seemed like something out of a bad comedy about some middle-aged dads that start a motorcycle club.

Iris needs to be rescued more than Princess Peach, first due to her mental illness and now apparently from some random psychopath, Carlos really does have a type doesn't he? Now at least TK can get a taste of what Carlos goes through every time he ends up in a coma, although at least TK normally gets hurt due to the perils of his job, Carlos was just being a moron. That is some Athena levels of not calling for backup when you clearly need it. 

I can understand why Carlos was annoyed that TK went to talk to Iris on his own, they really should be doing all of this together, but I think he overreacted and I feel bad that TK was blaming himself for Iris possibly having a breakdown. Iris was dragging her feet on the divorce for seemingly no reason, he understandably wanted to get moving on his wedding before his next coma, and Iris is still an adult who seemed to be doing fine, he doesn't need to handle her with kid gloves.  

It sucks that O'Brien really is a bad guy, I totally bought his story about wanting to save his nephew. Owen is right about making friends, every friend he makes who's his age turns out to be a villain.

I am not thrilled that the show is spending all of its time on two subplots that I don't care about. No rescues, everyone not in Owen's family is a background character, I just want some time off from these crime stories and soap opera antics. 

• Like 3