Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/6/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 6 – Adam Pally (“Who Invited Charlie?”)

Tuesday, Feb. 7 – The Political View with White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre

Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Laurence Fishburne (“Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur”)

Thursday, Feb. 9 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Feb. 10 – Kim Fields (“The Upshaws”); Super Bowl snacks with Jeff Mauro

• Thanks 1

I disagree with Whoopi re going to your partner's medical appointments. When you are young and just going in for a routine appointment, no you don't need someone with you. But if you run into serious medical issues, it is extremely important to have a second set of ears to hear what the doctor is saying, ask questions and just plain remember what the doctor says.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
21 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I disagree with Whoopi re going to your partner's medical appointments. When you are young and just going in for a routine appointment, no you don't need someone with you. But if you run into serious medical issues, it is extremely important to have a second set of ears to hear what the doctor is saying, ask questions and just plain remember what the doctor says.  

Yeah, but that should be decided before the appointment. Showing up unwanted is a bad idea. 

• Like 5

I'm not comfortable with the panel deferring to Alyssa as the resident expert on all things governmental.  Her previous professional roles were all press/public relations oriented.  Wonder how many mistruths she conveyed on behalf of her prez, deemed by the WA Post to have told "more than 30,000 false or misleading" statements while in office.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, flummoxd said:

I'm not comfortable with the panel deferring to Alyssa as the resident expert on all things governmental.  Her previous professional roles were all press/public relations oriented.  Wonder how many mistruths she conveyed on behalf of her prez, deemed by the WA Post to have told "more than 30,000 false or misleading" statements while in office.

Thank you! Not only that, but I recall, when the season began, how she said she didn't know about something such and such, relating to national security, and me posting how could she NOT be aware with all her blathering about working for the government before her last stint. She worked for the Pentagon; she worked at DoD, she worked here, she worked there; so of COURSE she is the one to clarify and explain. Good Grief.

She may not be as vile as the person she replaced, but she always pivots and "both sides" everything.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Whoopi is really an idiot.  You have to know the answer in order to use a calculator??  Um no, that’s the point of using one. 🤦‍♀️ I wish she would go FAR away; go be the movie stah you fancy yourself to be.  Her ignorant rambling/sermons coupled with her obvious disdain and disinterest in topics she deems “beneath” her are ruining the show for me!

• Like 13
  • Applause 3

Hard to believe that Whoopi has never heard of "thirst traps" - even Martha Stewart has posted them. Everyone else on the panel is familiar with the concept. Anyway, the Tom Brady pose just looks awkward with that strange hand placement that seems a bit unnatural. 

Sara's "sexy dance" was hilarious! 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, jalady said:

Whoopi is really an idiot.  You have to know the answer in order to use a calculator??  Um no, that’s the point of using one.

Sometimes I don't understand what Whoopi is getting at. Did she really mean that you need to know what the equation is supposed to be / what steps to use when you use a calculator for anything more than very simple calculations? That would make sense to me. Of course, you need to know what to enter. You'd need to know what to enter if you were calculating by hand, too. Calculators aren't magical and know what you are trying to accomplish. If you don't know how to determine a particular value (even something like calculating a tip), you can't be sure you have the right answer calculator or not.

Studies think that "older women" think they are smarter than they are? Hmm. I suspect that you can apply that to almost every demographic. We all think we are smarter, more accomplished, better drivers, more sensitive, thoughtful, and so on that we really are if viewed objectively. Of course, the older you get (as Whoopi and Joy say), the more experience you have. We've all had to learn some things the hard way, and it is difficult not to tell someone who is going down the same path about what you've learned. They probably won't listen (who does?) and that's why they think you think you are smarter than you are.

Edited by KittyQ
Added clarification.
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, jalady said:

Her ignorant rambling/sermons coupled with her obvious disdain and disinterest in topics she deems “beneath” her are ruining the show for me!

Me too.  I find myself feeling uncomfortable for the other women. Isn’t the whole point of this show to listen to other opinions?  Its rude and unprofessional, to say the very least.  I would love to see someone do that to her when she rambles on and on …

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Can Alyssa just SHUT UP about people who are still struggling and having difficulty paying their bills? And assigning to President Biden that he’s one who is always tooting his horn about what he’s done? The latter is something her former boss did. One of Biden’s strengths is his empathy for others. He has said he knows people are still hurting. I don’t know what she’s talking about here. And I also read that “poll” they were talking about. Such nonsense.

I’m with Whoopi on this.

And Sara? The State of the Union isn’t an awards show, okay?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
46 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wish they had delved deeper into the antics at the SOTU.  There were aspects I’d like to have discussed.  Guess hawking all the Valentines Day crap was more important  

🤨😒

4 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

ABC needs to ahead and move this show to the shopping network. I turned the channel. This shit is ridiculous. 

Seriously. The time they’ve wasted on this stupid stuff the past three episodes from last Friday, would have been better spent on talking about Black History month. They started the month off with one and the second day, but NOTHING since 2/2.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I wish they had delved deeper into the antics at the SOTU.  There were aspects I’d like to have discussed.  Guess hawking all the Valentines Day crap was more important  

Now that I’ve watched, I SO agree!

Color me shocked that NONE of them talked about the response. And because they didn’t, we can’t discuss it! And Alyssa sure is singing a different tune. Because of course she did.

I did enjoy the back and forth between Whoopi and Joy about work best friends. It showed, to me at least, that they have a long standing friendship.

And yay for talking about Clara!

• Like 4

Monday sounds like it must've been a joy from that day's comments, lol. Alyssa and Sara had been awful Friday, too, from what I recall.

Never posted about yesterday's show--Joy was on fire, loved it! I'm glad she's made it clear she has no interest in retiring for the record. And I agreed with her that the fact that students aren't taught cursive these days is utterly ridiculous.

I've only watched the first half hour of today's episode so far, but I thought it was alright. Personally, my impression these days is Teta, Alyssa, and Sara are aligned against the others most of the time, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've nixed certain topics from being discussed behind-the-scenes. At least there have been things said in past seasons that there's a vote between the panelists and those in charge on what topics will be discussed when they all come in each day.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
are to aren't
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And I agreed with her that the fact that students are taught cursive these days is utterly ridiculous.

I think you meant not taught.

25 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

At least there have been things said in past seasons that there's a vote between the panelists and those in charge on what topics will be discussed when they all come in each day.

I think they should have talked about EVERYTHING-the address, antics (which they did), and aftermath, which they didn’t. It’s ridiculous.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Monday sounds like it must've been a joy from that day's comments, lol. Alyssa and Sara had been awful Friday, too, from what I recall.

Never posted about yesterday's show--Joy was on fire, loved it! I'm glad she's made it clear she has no interest in retiring for the record. And I agreed with her that the fact that students are taught cursive these days is utterly ridiculous.

I've only watched the first half hour of today's episode so far, but I thought it was alright. Personally, my impression these days is Teta, Alyssa, and Sara are aligned against the others most of the time, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've nixed certain topics from being discussed behind-the-scenes. At least there have been things said in past seasons that there's a vote between the panelists and those in charge on what topics will be discussed when they all come in each day.

Honestly, our dear Joy disappointed me Friday too. Sunny shined, as she often does, and Ana did a good job too. 

I am still relieved Joy isn't going anywhere. I think her love of life and interest in politics and what's going on in the world have helped keep her young. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Never posted about yesterday's show--Joy was on fire, loved it! I'm glad she's made it clear she has no interest in retiring for the record. And I agreed with her that the fact that students are taught cursive these days is utterly ridiculous.

Teta?  

Whoopi is on a roll today.  Tell ‘em, Whoop.

We’re having bad winds today so the sound keeps cutting out.  I’m missing a lot of what they’re saying.

I’m surprised to see Ana sitting in for Sunny.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, geekburger said:

Fridays are always great. Wonder why?

And THANK GOD Whoopi wasn't on the show today because with all that food she would've been talking with her mouth full like she did yesterday when she was chewing on a Tootsie Roll.😛

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

And THANK GOD Whoopi wasn't on the show today because with all that food she would've been talking with her mouth full like she did yesterday when she was chewing on a Tootsie Roll.😛

she apparently thinks that's charming.  sorry, but, no, whoops, it is not

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Just like she thought it was charming to go on set during View Your Deal and sneak off with an item. Ugh 🙄

really? that's awful... i don't watch that segment and i hate the way sunny starts it off with Let's get shopping!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh