Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Music City Matrimony

• Start Topic

Our final two couples tie the knot in Nashville, and the ten newlyweds share some big firsts: their first dinner, first dance...but one bride refuses to share a first kiss.  As their family and friends celebrate--and investigate--our new couples, the big question on everyone's minds is what's going to happen in the Honeymoon Suite...

Airs Wednesday, January 18, at 8:00PM EST

NOTE: This is also the place to discuss the Afterparty episode immediately following.

I've always wondered in the interview process why they "experts" didn't ask if the person was interested in having pets.  Jasmine has four dogs, and that's a lot for someone who doesn't have pets to deal with.   Not everyone wants a dog or any other pet.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Missed the first ten minutes, but apparently the "runaway groom" showed up. So that was just another fake drama set-up.

Always awkward when the bride and groom avoid looking at each other. Although who wants to look a stranger in the eye while you promise to love them forever and ever for real and just not for show.

MAFS really needs to take the pet issue seriously. Don't use living animals as props and potential for conflict!

edit: GMTA, Crashcourse. 🙂

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Agreed on the pet thing. I have four dogs. It's a LOT. Definitely not something that I would recommend unless both partners are on board.

Poor Dom. Whoever fitted her wedding dress did a terrible job. The top is easily twice the size of her boobs. She's a pretty girl too. Also did Mac move to Nashville not just to "find love" but to be on the show? It seems super coincidental that he moves to Nashville after breaking up with his fiancee and is just in time to get cast on MAFS? 

• Like 14

I totally agree on the pet thing but I’m here to say, Airris is so not marriage material. The first thing he says to his bride is, “You tall”, not “you’re beautiful” or something like that and his vows sound juvenile like he wrote them at the last minute. They did Jazmin wrong. Her poor preacher dad. I think she’ll have to rethink this divorce is not an option thing. I can’t believe he’s 39.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, the top of Dom's wedding dress is...unfortunate.  

That entire dress just does her body no favors. She has a cute figure but this isn't the dress for it at all. Or maybe it's just that poorly fitted? I know they don't have much time, but they could at least have stuck some cups in there that were the right size. 

I like her makeup. It's not as overdone as some I've seen. And she is really very pretty - gorgeous smile!

Also, I feel totally oversold on "Jas is an old soul" and "Jas is so mature" thing. She's 25. She's young.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Also did Mac move to Nashville not just to "find love" but to be on the show? It seems super coincidental that he moves to Nashville after breaking up with his fiancee and is just in time to get cast on MAFS? 

That's my guess. He didn't go to Nashville "looking for love" as much as went looking for MAFS fame and a paycheck. Hopefully he'll give it a real try.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
Just now, kikicat said:

That's my guess. He didn't go to Nashville "looking for love" as much as went looking for MAFS fame and a paycheck. Hopefully he'll give it a real try.

Yeah - I'm doubling down on this theory. He is intentionally vague about how long he has been there.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wel, unless I’ve missed it, no one has pulled out a guitar for an “impromptu” audition. 

Good Lord - don't give them any ideas.

Nicole looks scary in that makeup.

Agreed. I think she would look much better without the heavy black eyeliner. I still give them the best shot of all the couples because they both seem like fairly nice people who really do want to be married. It's a slim hope but it's all I've got so far.

In related news, I'm totally onboard for this Gwen Shamblin movie that Lifetime is bringing us in February...

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

In related news, I'm totally onboard for this Gwen Shamblin movie that Lifetime is bringing us in February...

I had to Wiki her. Never heard of her, there is a five part docuseries on HBO about her. Sounds interesting and horrifying. I’ll check it out this weekend. 

• Like 1

I think Airris will be less concerned about Jasmine's nine puppies when he finds out how much she makes selling them :(

In other news, Kristen has never seen tomato/mozzarella salad? Is it that exotic?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5

Anyone else getting some strong Kody Brown vibes from Clint?  Not the polygamy part, but the overconfident, socially inept, “Look at me, I’m a big asshat!” part.  Those dance moves of his were straight out of Sister Wives and now it’s all I can see when I look at him.  

Sorry, Clint, but I have not forgiven you for your lack of a tie at this wedding.  Tufts of reddish-brown chest hair and wedding vows do not mix, sir. 

Edited by VioletNevermind
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 9
14 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I had to Wiki her. Never heard of her, there is a five part docuseries on HBO about her. Sounds interesting and horrifying. I’ll check it out this weekend. 

If you have HBOMAX, they did a documentary on her. I can’t believe the things coming out of her mouth and she knew they were filming. It’s worth doing a trail sub just to see it. It’s called “Way Down” from her program “Weigh Down”. Ironically, she died in a plane crash.

Gina sure is a talker! Clint looks shell-shocked and is at a lot for words. He managed to get two “yeahs” into the conversation. No doubt he can’t get over that big mouth of hers ready to swallow him up. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Anyone else getting some strong Kody Brown vibes from Clint?  Not the polygamy part, but the overconfident, socially inept, “Look at me, I’m a big asshat!” part.  Those dance moves of his were straight out of Sister Wives and now it’s all I can see when I look at him.  

Yeah - I can totally see that... Only Kody can only dream of being able to actually grow hair like Clint's...

• LOL 4

Airris cousin needs to shut it. And pull her dress up, a few more inches and those girls are going to pop out. And why do they let the bridesmaids grill the grooms but the groomsmen don’t get to grill the brides? 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

All these couples seem mismatched to me. Mackinley's mom didn't even try to reassure Dom that her race would not be an issue.  She side stepped the question while still looking uncomfortable. Meanwhile Mackinley is having a deeper conversation with her mom.

Edited by spunky
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

Nicole's dad was a pain in the ass the way he was grilling Chris.  They might say Yes on decision day but I don't see him and Nicole lasting.   

Actually, I don't see any of these couples making it. 

3 minutes ago, spunky said:

All these couples seem mismatched to me. Chris' mom didn't even try to reassure Dom that her race would not be an issue.  She side stepped the question while still looking uncomfortable.

Yes, Chris's mom clearly wasn't happy. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t like these noisy bridesmaids telling the guys what to do and what not to do.  Some are even telling them not to have sex yet.  It’s none of their business.  They are old enough to know the score.

Seriously. And if you flip the whole thing upside down, how icky would it be to have a bunch of groomsmen telling the bride that she really should have sex with her stranger-husband on the wedding night?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, spunky said:

All these couples seem mismatched to me. Chris' mom didn't even try to reassure Dom that her race would not be an issue.  She side stepped the question while still looking uncomfortable.

She touched her arm and said something like "you're lovely"? At least to me, it came off like "It's ok, you're pretty so your race isn't too much of an issue." I hope I'm wrong on that.

Shaquille going for the lap dance....

• Like 4

All guests asking if the couples will have sex tonight.  WTF?    Arris said “get on her knees”.  More WTF.  I don’t like these conversations they are saying at all.  I hope none of them have sex and just talk about getting to know one another.    Oh boy .. the coming attractions.  Nobody getting along as usual.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've always wondered in the interview process why they "experts" didn't ask if the person was interested in having pets.  Jasmine has four dogs, and that's a lot for someone who doesn't have pets to deal with.   Not everyone wants a dog or any other pet.

It sounds like it's a business to me, but still.  I would agree. asking about pets is a really important question on many levels, especially allergies... or just not wanting them, they're like children to most people.

Edited by endure
  • Like 6

Jasmine and Airiss are totally mismatched. I think she agrees, given her facial expressions at the altar! Plus, he either has a speech impediment, or  he has acquired a poor speaking habit. I think the latter. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Nicole's dad was a pain in the ass the way he was grilling Chris.  They might say Yes on decision day but I don't see him and Nicole lasting.   

Actually, I don't see any of these couples making it. 

Yes, Chris's mom clearly wasn't happy. 

One too many Chrises, I think! 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

This episode was like:

like....

Like.

Like?!

...like...

Liiike!

Like, even the parents.

This episode was painful. & if you "like" this post--- I will cut you.

It was the most awkward group I've ever seen, but maybe I'm just over this show 😵😵‍🥹

Edited by endure
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, PupCal said:

Uhh, wedding guests, MAFS does not have a high success rate. Hell, they don't even have a good success rate!

Their success rate is less than half. That would just be a suc rate.

• LOL 3

Watching now and these family members and friends are so annoying. Why must they crap on the bride and groom on the happiest of days? Nicole's dad is especially annoying. He's grilling Chris, pontificating  about how hard marriage is and it's forever, and if I recall correctly, he is divorced from Nicole's mom. No shame there, but he's not exactly an expert.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, VioletNevermind said:

Anyone else getting some strong Kody Brown vibes from Clint?  Not the polygamy part, but the overconfident, socially inept, “Look at me, I’m a big asshat!” part.

Spot on! 

Looks like there will be lots of crashing and burning during The Honeymoons. 

Airris looks a lot like late artist Nipsy Hussle. 

6800F6A1-A5D1-4F61-BE40-685157906198.jpeg

• Like 3

A fair number of the brides are, um, hippy. NTTAWWT, but Rubenesque is not as admired as back in the day. Only Jasmine is slim. Oops---I just watched the previews and see that Clint basically thinks the same! But he actually said it to Gina and the other women!

I don't  know what will drive Nicole and husband to tears, but I hope they *slap!* snap out of it! 

Jasmine has way too many dogs! 🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕

Bland Mac shown telling Dom she's not perfect and could stand improvement? Shades of Darcey's Jesse telling her to "Work on yourself, babe"! 

Is it next week yet?!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1