Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Music City Matrimony

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I think Chris is very cute . The only thing I don’t like is that he keeps saying he’s such a nice guy and he’s been dumped for being too nice . He said it multiple times and I feel like it’s almost bringing Alyssa vibes with the “ I’m a good person .” If you are very nice , you don’t have to say it 450 times . That being said , I don’t think he’s gonna be anything like Alyssa was and actually does seem —- nice lol . 

Kirsten seems like she’s gonna have a stick up her ass . 

Any 34 year old guy who’s still saying “ I’m a boob guy “ is most certainly gonna be a loser . 

The first thing Airis says is , “ you tall.” 
Lovely . Just what a woman wants to hear as your first words upon meeting her - on her wedding day no less . 

I know Nicole is not conventionally attractive but I find her features striking.

Chris's features are nice and soft and I actually think their children could be quite attractive if it ever gets that far.

16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

A fair number of the brides are, um, hippy. NTTAWWT, but Rubenesque is not as admired as back in the day. Only Jasmine is slim. Oops---I just watched the previews and see that Clint basically thinks the same! But he actually said it to Gina and the other women!

I don't  know what will drive Nicole and husband to tears, but I hope they *slap!* snap out of it! 

Jasmine has way too many dogs! 🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕

Bland Mac shown telling Dom she's not perfect and could stand improvement? Shades of Darcey's Jesse telling her to "Work on yourself, babe"! 

Is it next week yet?!

Most of the brides seem to be "slim/thick", which translates into pear shape or bottom heavy with the exception of Nicole who seems more apple-shaped.

Shaq, Chris, and Mac seemed pretty happy with their brides. I think Clint would have liked slimmer women, ironically, someone shaped more like Kristin who was matched with Mitch in San Diego (who was not attracted to her).

I think it is important to take into account what people are attracted to when making these matches.

I do not need a guy with huge muscles but one of my best friends only dates guys who look like amateur bodybuilders. The type of guy that she wants physically is very different from the type of guy I find attractive.

Of course, this show stopped trying for viable matches a long time ago and now opts for reality show drama.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm sure everyone who appears on this show has seen previous episodes. I would watch and study everyone of them. Yet the majority of them start making absurd promises and unrealistic expectations. Part of it is in most cases a relief that the person isn't so bad looking they make them sick to their stomach. As long as they have some semblance of a personality they think they found a winner. They should know from other episodes nothings easy. Picking someone to marry is stressful enough, being assigned a spouse raises the bar even higher. They do get counseling before hand but it doesn't seem to help. 

I lived with my wife a year before marrying her yet the real troubles of marriage didn't come until later. We survived but it was touch and go for many years.

As always it looks like the blinders fall off they eyes and they start seeing things they don't like. Sometimes with good reason. Let the season begin!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

My initial comments:

I thought there was way too much wedding and family crap. ..... And, yes, the conversations were disgusting and none of anyone's business.

The only way for me to watch this show is to channel surf during it and during commercials. The real drama never starts until a few days later when the adrenaline wears off.

Chris and Nicole might be OK for now, but they are going to have to learn when to talk. He needs to be able to get in his thoughts, Nicole.

In her wedding picture she looks scary. Could use some time in the gym. He may start thinking he could do better. For me I think I'd be more nervous and self conscience if I was matched up with someone I thought was 2 or 3 points above my appearance. If matched with a woman 1 or 2 points below my appearance I would concentrate more on her personality. A fun positive personality and loving heart can easily out weigh mere appearances.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So on the aftershow Shaq said he talked to Kirsten's side while they all waited for her to come down the aisle, while Mac said he didn't talk to Niq's side after introducing himself. Hmm. 🤔 & Mac said he was told to ask Niq if he could kiss her. Eh. He listened to that! Kirsten saying it's a higher probability she would've kissed him had he asked is BS! She wouldn't have. She didn't like his looks & that's that. Her friend telling him she wants to kiss him but wants him to ask 1st is wrong. That excuse only applied at the altar. Hope he decided to wait & not get his feelings hurt some more.

• Like 2
On 1/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, Elizzikra said:

Agreed on the pet thing. I have four dogs. It's a LOT. Definitely not something that I would recommend unless both partners are on board.

Poor Dom. Whoever fitted her wedding dress did a terrible job. The top is easily twice the size of her boobs. She's a pretty girl too. Also did Mac move to Nashville not just to "find love" but to be on the show? It seems super coincidental that he moves to Nashville after breaking up with his fiancee and is just in time to get cast on MAFS? 

Yes, on her dress! She's such a pretty girl and it looked like they didn't do any fitting at all! Take in the bodice, put in a shelf bra and cinch the waist. The boots were cute. I think that said a lot about her personality.  He worries me a little. I want to believe he's in it for the right reasons, but I had the thought that he might think getting married on tv would really show the ex what she gave up. 

Did you know they're now "legally" married.  I don't think I've ever heard Pastor Cal emphasize that so much. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 1/18/2023 at 7:38 PM, Straycat80 said:

Can Mac and Dom be standing any further apart? Why didn’t Dom’s dad walk her down the aisle? 
Agree about Dom’s dress, and it’s worse when she sits down. 

The bodice shifted when she sat down, and then the tugging.  Every time she moved she had to tug it up again.  Poor thing.  I'm pretty sure Makaley/McKinley liked it though. Every other talking head was about how he's a boob guy. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
On 1/18/2023 at 7:48 PM, Crashcourse said:

Nicole looks scary in that makeup.

Yes! I couldn't stop staring. Every time she'd open her eyes wide it looked like she had either a couple of really massive lashes or even more massive eyebrows.  A little bit of shaping would open up her face and look less harsh.  Easy for me to criitcize, sitting here with my raggedy brows, 😁

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, Lindz said:

How unfortunate Nicole's fake eyelashes gave her muppet eyes in their pics. Chris ended up the good-looking one. 🤪🤣 At least she looks a little better on video, but she looks terrifying in their pics. Too bad.

It's the eyebrows!  When she's moving around and talking they're not so noticeable but every time they showed a still photo they just sprang out at me! 😄

9 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I think Chris is very cute . The only thing I don’t like is that he keeps saying he’s such a nice guy and he’s been dumped for being too nice . He said it multiple times and I feel like it’s almost bringing Alyssa vibes with the “ I’m a good person .” If you are very nice , you don’t have to say it 450 times . That being said , I don’t think he’s gonna be anything like Alyssa was and actually does seem —- nice lol . 

I think he actually is a nice guy, but since he has been assigned that "role" for the show, they are making him repeat it over and over again.  That's just how this show rolls 😄. They're still my favorite at this point.

Based on the previews I'm excited to get to the honeymoons!  Unfortunately we'll probably have to wait a week so they all can brunch with the in-laws and be treated like crap.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Being that none of the people in all the seasons have ever walked away at the alter upon the first look or said “ I do not “ when asked if they will take this person to be their wife / husband .. I can only assume it’s set in stone in the contract that if they sign and agree to do the show , they have to say yes at the alter regardless of how they feel about the persons looks once they see them . Otherwise certain people would have definitely walked away . Luke ( the one with Kate )  from a previous season is one I could have seen doing that . And Zach ( with Mindy .) 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Clint would have liked slimmer women

The previews show him saying this to the group, including Gina. I don’t think he uses the word “prefer” but he says something like “I’ve typically been attracted to thinner women.”

16 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Being that none of the people in all the seasons have ever walked away at the alter upon the first look or said “ I do not “ when asked if they will take this person to be their wife / husband .. I can only assume it’s set in stone in the contract that if they sign and agree to do the show , they have to say yes at the alter regardless of how they feel about the persons looks once they see them . Otherwise certain people would have definitely walked away . Luke ( the one with Kate )  from a previous season is one I could have seen doing that . And Zach ( with Mindy .) 

I wonder if this has ever happened and they just didn’t show it. I feel like in all these seasons it has to have happened once. I read that early on they didn’t tell people what the show was, they called it a “dating reality show” or something, and when they revealed that it was marriage a huge chunk of the men in the pool were like “NOPE” and left. (The article was talking about how many more women were in the pool than men.) I wonder if anyone has had a similar “NOPE” reaction when they saw their intended at the altar.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, geej said:

I think he did this after his groomsmen talked about his getting friend-zoned after the single incidence at the alter when she punished him for not asking first and being bald.You are right, wrong bride indeed(LOL). But was it surprising I did not see her mind too much?

Never mind her two strokes against him .. it should be two strokes against her.  She is obnoxious.  Beauty comes within too.  She’s very critical, and embarrassed him in front of everyone.  Immature.  No wonder she wasn’t married yet.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Why was Chris wearing a tank top and swimming trunks to bed?

Probably forgot half his wardrobe.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Gina probably saw Clint 100 times in the elevator, but didn’t want to engage with him.  He looks like a good time Charlie to me.  Now that he’s forty, he wants ahome and kids for his old age coming up, and a wife to take care of them while he’s still on the boat.

he was probably on a few times with that pack of buddies of his and was joking about adding number 66 to his belt and turned her off

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I was surprised that she was twerking with him later on.  Maybe the alcohol loosened her up?

maybe she's trying to look like a fun person so that her true hairy-headed love who is out there watching the show will see her and come a calling?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

that would have been doing Mindy a favor if he had just left

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I wonder if anyone has had a similar “NOPE” reaction when they saw their intended at the altar.

Wasn't that the whole premise of Doug and Jamie (the former host of the AfterParty) who parlayed their story into a career? That she was so horrified and not attracted to him that she sat in the hall and had a breakdown?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Wasn't that the whole premise of Doug and Jamie (the former host of the AfterParty) who parlayed their story into a career? That she was so horrified and not attracted to him that she sat in the hall and had a breakdown?

If Jamie hadn’t wanted to be on tv so bad, she would have noped on out of there!

• Like 5

Jamie Otis wanted to be on TV so bad that she created possibly the most embarrassing moment ever shown on The Bachelor:

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/10-worst-kisses-bachelor-history-083327540.html

Then, she nearly fainted at how ugly she thought her new groom Doug was, but....ooooh look a camera.....she fell in love.

Speaking of people wanting to be on TV, do we know why Mackinley moved to Nashville to live with his friend Taylor?  

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Gina sure is a talker! Clint looks shell-shocked and is at a lot for words. He managed to get two “yeahs” into the conversation. No doubt he can’t get over that big mouth of hers ready to swallow him up. 

I have mixed feelings about this.  When she very first mentioned her career, he looked disinterested and didn't say anything of a back-and-forth conversation starter in reply, and I didn't like that on his part.  Maybe he tried to and couldn't get a word in edgewise, but at first it sure looked like she was continuing to talk because he hadn't asked her about it and she wanted to give him the info.  It was definitely edited to look like she went on and on about her career, but could have been spliced together from the whole evening, and maybe even in response to questions he actually had been asking her.  Either way, IIRC he did comment something about needing to have her talk less about work...but to be fair, that could be because of lack of interest on his part and being a douche, rather than what they wanted us to conclude, which was that she talked about it too much. Don't know...we'll probably be able to figure it out retroactively as we get to know more about them and see them interact.

23 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Sounds like he definitely moved to NO for the show so most likely he was recruited.  

By NO, did you mean New Orleans?  This show is in Nashville, darlin'!

On 1/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, Elizzikra said:

Also, I feel totally oversold on "Jas is an old soul" and "Jas is so mature" thing. She's 25. She's young.

The 25 year-old supposed Old Soul is Domynique, not Jasmine...although I keep waiting to see anything Old Soul-ish about her, or even particularly mature compared to other 25-year olds.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

???

Depends on who is doing the admiring.

I have four dogs. It's just the right amount.

13 dogs is a lot. But then she is just keeping the puppies until they can go to their buyers. Then she will make more. :(

Not That There's  Anything Wrong With That ("Seinfeld"). 

Yes, true enough.  Beauty and its beholder also include Kim Kardashian.   

I meant the 13 (although four seems like a lot to this non-pet owner!). I would definitely not appreciate learning about that menagerie from my new spouse, were I on this show! 

• Like 4

The 25 year-old supposed Old Soul is Domynique, not Jasmine...although I keep waiting to see anything Old Soul-ish about her, or even particularly mature compared to other 25-year olds.

RIGHT! Sorry! Still learning names.

I guess Dom is an "old soul" because she likes to fish and talks to her mother five times a day?

• LOL 2

To the experts:
I understand that your job is to match the most unmatchable couples to create drama and good ratings.
You keep telling the selected couples to push through even if abuse is on the radar. You always look shocked every time one of the couples makes it through.
But the following topics need to be addressed and clarified before matching begins.
Children - not just a single yes/no answer, but a serious discussion.
Race - explanation of expectations to the experts and family members. In this case, nobody's surprised and must respect others' choices.
Body shape and appearance - you cannot fake chemistry.
Animals - remember allergies.

I want all participants to have a positive experience regardless of their outcomes. This show should not be damaging emotionally and physically at the end.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

have mixed feelings about this.  When she very first mentioned her career, he looked disinterested and didn't say anything of a back-and-forth conversation starter in reply, and I didn't like that on his part.  Maybe he tried to and couldn't get a word in edgewise, but at first it sure looked like she was continuing to talk because he hadn't asked her about it and she wanted to give him the info.  It was definitely edited to look like she went on and on about her career, but could have been spliced together from the whole evening, and maybe even in response to questions he actually had been asking her.  Either way, IIRC he did comment something about needing to have her talk less about work...but to be fair, that could be because of lack of interest on his part and being a douche, rather than what they wanted us to conclude, which was that she talked about it too much. Don't know...we'll probably be able to figure it out retroactively as we get to know more about them and see them interact.

I think that her success was making him feel bad about himself.

I have a feeling that Clint's " I.T. Consulting Career" is just code for him living off his family's money.

There is nothing wrong with not having a career, particularly if you do not have to worry about finances.

However, do not match a very career-oriented person with a less ambitious partner unless they are both okay with it.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:11 AM, Empress1 said:

I wonder if this has ever happened and they just didn’t show it. I feel like in all these seasons it has to have happened once. I read that early on they didn’t tell people what the show was, they called it a “dating reality show” or something, and when they revealed that it was marriage a huge chunk of the men in the pool were like “NOPE” and left. (The article was talking about how many more women were in the pool than men.) I wonder if anyone has had a similar “NOPE” reaction when they saw their intended at the altar.

I don't know if you all saw the season with the disastrous marriage of Brandon and Taylor. Brandon wanted to run the minute he saw Taylor even though many people thought she was quite attractive.

The rumor was that Brandon and Taylor's marriage was a last-minute Hail Mary because the original couple chosen for the show noped out as soon as they saw each other at the alter.

So, I guess if there is a wedding where both people want out of the marriage immediately, we will never see it because it shatters the illusion of the "all-knowing" experts (as if just being on this show is not enough to do just that).

• Like 1
On 1/18/2023 at 5:20 PM, kikicat said:

Missed the first ten minutes, but apparently the "runaway groom" showed up. So that was just another fake drama set-up.

MAFS really needs to take the pet issue seriously. Don't use living animals as props and potential for conflict!

🙂

I never thought about this until i read your post. I know I felt confused last season when that fellow gave his dog away... I hope that was for drama purposes, and not real because I didn't understand why the new wife wasn't demanding he stop trying to send away a good animal.

Then your comment made me wonder how much stress these animals experience because of 90F crew coming into the animal's space, filming, as well as becoming accustomed to a new place, only to be uprooted 3 months later. 

Yes, you are so right! Thanks for the post.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The rumor was that Brandon and Taylor's marriage was a last-minute Hail Mary because the original couple chosen for the show noped out as soon as they saw each other at the alter.

So, I guess if there is a wedding where both people want out of the marriage immediately, we will never see it because it shatters the illusion of the "all-knowing" experts (as if just being on this show is not enough to do just that).

I thought the rumour was that they had a different person for Brandon, but she declined at the last minute, so they substituted Taylor.

I wish they would show a couple refusing to go forward after seeing each other. The forums would turn on them and their superficiality.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I never thought about this until i read your post. I know I felt confused last season when that fellow gave his dog away... I hope that was for drama purposes, and not real because I didn't understand why the new wife wasn't demanding he stop trying to send away a good animal.

Then your comment made me wonder how much stress these animals experience because of 90F crew coming into the animal's space, filming, as well as becoming accustomed to a new place, only to be uprooted 3 months later. 

Yes, you are so right! Thanks for the post.

I understood him giving up his dog. She was dog aggressive and it’s very difficult to have that type of dog living in a home with other dogs. It’s a risk all around AND they didn’t even really have the space to separate them (or, it seemed, the energy and willingness it would take to safely raise them together). 

34 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I wish they would show a couple refusing to go forward after seeing each other. The forums would turn on them and their superficiality.

Sounds like Allyssa. Although she technically married him and went on her honeymoon vacation, she had little to no contact with him at all.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I don't know if you all saw the season with the disastrous marriage of Brandon and Taylor. Brandon wanted to run the minute he saw Taylor even though many people thought she was quite attractive.

I did see that season! They were terrible. That was the Zach/Mindy season too. Taylor was really pretty but she had WAY too much weave. That’s interesting about the other couple - I wouldn’t think they’d show it, although it would be good TV. There have definitely been people who weren’t into their spouses from minute one, e.g. Alyssa, but they all went through with it.

• Like 1
On 1/20/2023 at 12:43 AM, zoltana said:

Yes! I couldn't stop staring. Every time she'd open her eyes wide it looked like she had either a couple of really massive lashes or even more massive eyebrows.  A little bit of shaping would open up her face and look less harsh.  Easy for me to criitcize, sitting here with my raggedy brows, 😁

Whoever did her makeup should have wiped it off.  Her very dark eye shadow ruined her whole face.  It should have been like a light mauve.  The artist must have been a rookie.

• Like 3
On 1/19/2023 at 7:28 PM, qtpye said:

I< snip >

Most of the brides seem to be "slim/thick", which translates into pear shape or bottom heavy with the exception of Nicole who seems more apple-shaped.

< snip >

Well, fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go 'round. Oh, wait. Nashville is country. 

• LOL 6
On 1/18/2023 at 10:51 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Jasmine and Airiss are totally mismatched. I think she agrees, given her facial expressions at the altar! Plus, he either has a speech impediment, or  he has acquired a poor speaking habit. I think the latter. 

From the looks of it. doesn’t seem like he’s interested in getting married.  He’s “blah”.

• Like 2
On 1/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, kikicat said:

I'm sorry. So sorry. Consider me poxxed. Also sorry the pox is infectious. But not so sorry that I can't stop laughing. 

Damn, I wrote down her name and I've still been getting it wrong. Here I thought it was Domynique and Airris we'd have trouble with.

Does she have an outdoor kennel at least? I think Airris started to ask that, but was interrupted or something.

When I was a kid, we had a Malamute who had 9 puppies, or maybe 10 (long time ago). Luckily we had a big, mostly empty basement for them, and a large yard. It was crazy fun for us kids, but oh lord the poop! I can't imagine Miss Beauty Queen shoveling that much puppy poop.

I’d like to know the reasons why the “experts” paired them together with this pet situation in the first place.  Some people can’t have pets because of allergies, or, they just don’t want the work of walking, vets, etc.  Production probably picks for drama.  Airris will probably bail.

• Like 3

Chiming in on the pet issue.  

Not everyone likes them.  

Not everyone likes the same pets.  More than just a "dog or cat" issue.  Some people love dogs, but 4 is too many.  For some, 4 is too few, lol.  

Some people love huge dogs, others want a yorkie.  Etc., etc., etc.

This should all be extremely well defined prior to the matches.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The dogs are just a new add on to keep the show interesting.  Everyone loves pets.

I do! When I see them on a leash with their owner on the other end! "What a cute dog! What's its name? May I pet? Thank you! Bye-bye!"

Sweeeet. 🙂👍

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I haven’t seen any great matches yet but maybe I’ll be wrong. What horrible dresses for Dominique and Nicole. 
I don’t know if I will call Clint, Mitch with Hair or Clitch. But that’s who mr sailboat reminds me of. Him saying he didn’t want to talk about work is a comment if you know your bride. When you are strangers, you’d think he’d want to learn something about her. 

• Like 5