Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Music City Matrimony

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I can’t believe he’s 39.

I was shocked. Black don’t crack, for real - I thought Arris was 28 or 29.

10 hours ago, kikicat said:

She touched her arm and said something like "you're lovely"? At least to me, it came off like "It's ok, you're pretty so your race isn't too much of an issue." I hope I'm wrong on that.

Yeah, my jaw set at that. I interpreted it similarly, and that’s the wrong tactic to take. “You’re one of the good ones” is not a compliment.

Four dogs is more than most people, even dog-lovers, are going to want to deal with. I’d guess Jasmine has heard this before.

4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Only Jasmine is slim.

I noticed this too. Nicole is chubby overall and the other three women are pear-shaped. I think this is the least-slim crop of brides the show has had, at least in the seasons I’ve seen. Wonder if geography is a factor - different standards of beauty in different locations.

So did Mackinley move to Nashville just for the show or what?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Airris cousin needs to shut it. And pull her dress up, a few more inches and those girls are going to pop out. And why do they let the bridesmaids grill the grooms but the groomsmen don’t get to grill the brides? 

She’s in love with him herself.  Even tho they’re cousins.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

If you have HBOMAX, they did a documentary on her. I can’t believe the things coming out of her mouth and she knew they were filming. It’s worth doing a trail sub just to see it. It’s called “Way Down” from her program “Weigh Down”. Ironically, she died in a plane crash.

Gina sure is a talker! Clint looks shell-shocked and is at a lot for words. He managed to get two “yeahs” into the conversation. No doubt he can’t get over that big mouth of hers ready to swallow him up. 

Who’s “her”.

12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Airris will be less concerned about Jasmine's nine puppies when he finds out how much she makes selling them :(

In other news, Kristen has never seen tomato/mozzarella salad? Is it that exotic?

No, no, no.   You've got it all wrong. It was cottage cheese. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Bridesmaid Lindsey (in the bridal party of hairstylist Gina) has the most unfortunate drugstore barrettes in her hair. What's up with that?

Yes, I wear those at home when I'm alone.   They look like something a 10 year old would wear.  Nope, I'm not 10, but I'm alone and so that makes it okay.  Only my greyhound sees me like this and she doesn't seem to mind and so I'm good. 

12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Mac is shady. Does he even have a job? I didn’t watch any of the pre-show stuff. 
So far not feeling any positive vibes on any of these couples. 

His job is to be on reality tee vee seeing as this is his second show.  Maybe he's hoping to get a series out of one of these shows eventually.  Like his own little "Loren and Alexi"  or "Darcey and Stacey" show.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Mac is shady. Does he even have a job? I didn’t watch any of the pre-show stuff.

My recollection is that he was in the cannabis business elsewhere but moved to Nashville to live with some family and they showed him wearing a hardhat and maybe looking at some building plans, along with intimations that he'd changed careers. 

12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Nicole looks scary in that makeup.

The good thing is that it made me stop looking at her gigantic hands for a minute there.  (A pox on whoever posted that Carrie & Doug photo; it's all I can see.)

48 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I noticed this too. Nicole is chubby overall and the other three women are pear-shaped. I think this is the least-slim crop of brides the show has had, at least in the seasons I’ve seen. Wonder if geography is a factor - different standards of beauty in different locations.

I don't know about the standards of beauty in Nashville, but I do know about the hot fried chicken, meat-and-three, and alcohol.  Could explain a lot.

Again with all the religious people.  (Their) God works in mysterious ways.

4 minutes ago, Shauna said:

His job is to be on reality tee vee seeing as this is his second show.

Details, please!

• Like 7
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've always wondered in the interview process why they "experts" didn't ask if the person was interested in having pets.  Jasmine has four dogs, and that's a lot for someone who doesn't have pets to deal with.   Not everyone wants a dog or any other pet.

They seem to never want people with kids. In my opinion, they shouldn't take someone with pets either. Especially, if we are talking about these current day, I'm a dog parent/this is my furbaby types. It's too much and often unnecessary drama. I'm not saying I want kids in this. But, this is my child types need to be excluded imo. 

4 dogs and a breeder. Hell no. Even if you love dogs, that's too much to put on someone out the gate. That amount should be acquired together with a partner. 

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My recollection is that he was in the cannabis business elsewhere but moved to Nashville to live with some family and they showed him wearing a hardhat and maybe looking at some building plans, along with intimations that he'd changed careers. 

The good thing is that it made me stop looking at her gigantic hands for a minute there.  (A pox on whoever posted that Carrie & Doug photo; it's all I can see.)

I don't know about the standards of beauty in Nashville, but I do know about the hot fried chicken, meat-and-three, and alcohol.  Could explain a lot.

Again with all the religious people.  (Their) God works in mysterious ways.

Details, please!

Someone posted he was on Rehab Addict. He is listed as part of the cast, but could be a different Mackinley Gilbert?  Unusual name, though.  No pics to compare him on MAFS to Rehab Addict.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Airris will be less concerned about Jasmine's nine puppies when he finds out how much she makes selling them :(

In other news, Kristen has never seen tomato/mozzarella salad? Is it that exotic?

He also has to live with them. Money Smoney. That's alot.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So true about the Doug & Carrie “big arm, small arm” picture! It sprang immediately to mind when Nicole & Chris were taking pictures - there was one in particular where one of her arms looked huge compared to the other. She has big arms, period, so if one of them is turned away or kind of behind her, it looks much smaller by comparison.

8 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He also has to live with them

And help take care of them. That’s a ton of work.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Like, even the parents.

That is one of the unfortunate observations I made, too. These people are old enough to NOT have formed that horrible habit.

My initial comments:

I thought there was way too much wedding and family crap. We could have been on the way to the honeymoon by now. I am not going to stick around for this much filler. They drag the shows out for far too long. And, yes, the conversations were disgusting and none of anyone's business.

Chris and Nicole might be OK for now, but they are going to have to learn when to talk. He needs to be able to get in his thoughts, Nicole. Also, I hope that after the wedding, that horrible eye make-up is over. She didn't have any on the first night of the AfterParty and looked so much better. She is still not pretty and she is fortunate that Chris seems to think she is, so who knows?

Kirsten (NOT KRISTEN, repeat it ad nauseam) is my least favorite. Her baby voice is annoying, as is her entitled attitude. Big deal - you won a beauty contest. But, you are too stupid to recognize that fresh mozzarella is not cottage cheese. He seems pretty decent, but she is too high maintenance with her check lists.

Gina has pretty hair and may be actually pretty, but I can't get past her mouth with the white teeth and the gaping hole. I don't think she is Clint's type and I hope he isn't hers.

Yeah, Dom and Mac are not going to work. She is young and he is just in it for her boobs at this point.

I LOVE dogs, but would be overwhelmed myself moving in with 4 large doodles, not to mention 9 puppies. Another huge MAFS fail.

I don't remember who I left out.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 6
On 1/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, Retired at last said:

Chris and Nicole might be OK for now, but they are going to have to learn when to talk. He needs to be able to get in his thoughts, Nicole. Also, I hope that after the wedding, that horrible eye make-up is over. She didn't have any on the first night of the AfterParty and looked so much better. She is still not pretty and she is fortunate that Chris seems to think she is, so who knows?

Damn. Tell us how you really feel. I think Nicole is cute but  not of the gorgeous variety. It doesn't mean she's unattractive imo, just not of the I'm knocked out by her beauty type. I think all the women are attractive this season but there is just something about all of them that can be a bit distracting to me. Especially when they smile.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 4

How unfortunate Nicole's fake eyelashes gave her muppet eyes in their pics. Chris ended up the good-looking one. 🤪🤣 At least she looks a little better on video, but she looks terrifying in their pics. Too bad.

• Like 3

Mac was the only husband to do it right, that I saw. He introduced himself to her side after he got down the aisle. He complimented his bride at the altar. (Airris clapped, but should've SAID a compliment). AND he asked if he could kiss her! So sweet! Check! Check! Check! A+!

• Like 3

Not the stripper moves, Shaq! 🤣 Wrong bride. Niq prolly would've been more into that. That was a bit of a shocker. Didn't expect him to do that. Didn't expect ANY of the husbands to do that.

• Like 1

One second Clint was all into Gina, another second he's sick of her talking about work. Hey. She's passionate about it, but it is boring. Maybe she should've broken that up a bit. Nothing stopped him from asking what he wanted to know, so that's on him if he just let her ramble on & on & on. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It's  KIRSTEN!!!

😇

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, Lindz said:

One second Clint was all into Gina, another second he's sick of her talking about work. Hey. She's passionate about it, but it is boring. Maybe she should've broken that up a bit. Nothing stopped him from asking what he wanted to know, so that's on him if he just let her ramble on & on & on. 

If only she had used metaphors about smooth sailing, being on board, rough waters, even keel....😄

https://owlcation.com/humanities/50-Nautical-Terms-And-Sailing-Phrases-That-Have-Enriched-Our-Language

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Airris & Jas actually held hands at the altar & weren't so far apart like all the others, expect C&G. I thought personal vows were before the usual ones. Lotta grooms struggled getting their rings on, as usual. Undersized? 🤔

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That entire dress just does her body no favors. She has a cute figure but this isn't the dress for it at all. Or maybe it's just that poorly fitted? I know they don't have much time, but they could at least have stuck some cups in there that were the right size. 

I like her makeup. It's not as overdone as some I've seen. And she is really very pretty - gorgeous smile!

Also, I feel totally oversold on "Jas is an old soul" and "Jas is so mature" thing. She's 25. She's young.

Dom has a beautiful smile, just like her mama.

I was thinking that she would be a great wife for a good country boy who likes to fish.

Arris looks a lot like his mama, too. He is lucky Jas finds his skinny ass a nine.

Between Arris's cousin and Dom, I was shocked there was no nip slip or just happy that they did not put it on camera. I have nothing against nudity but both women looked so uncomfortable.

I did not care for Mac's hair on top and shaved sides. It does not look bad on him but I think I would have just preferred his head to be shaved.

I like/love dogs and 13 dogs would have been way too much for me.  I hope Jas lives on a beautiful 20-acre farm.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She’s in love with him herself.  Even tho they’re cousins.

13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Is Cousin Fallin-Outtahertop kidding with that neckline?! I know it ain't cricket, but this dress plus her "You can leave now" talk with Airiss says "unrequited love" to me. 

I hope to God they aren't  "Play Cousins".

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Jasmine’s sister (?) her poor eyes were so red, I couldn’t even look at her without my own eyes tearing up. 
I swear, I read these threads and don’t know who you all are talking about (I am terrible with names).  Who is Kirsten? 

1 minute ago, Meowwww said:

Jasmine’s sister (?) her poor eyes were so red, I couldn’t even look at her without my own eyes tearing up. 
I swear, I read these threads and don’t know who you all are talking about (I am terrible with names).  Who is Kirsten? 

Kirsten is married to Shaquille. Their wedding aired last week.

I actually have all the names together but I keep forgetting people because five couples is a bunch. Like when Dom showed up I was like “Wait, there’s another couple?”

• Useful 1

Kirsten is the woman married to Shaq, the bald man with a beard.  She does not like bald men and is not attracted to him.  She is way too picky and never should have come on the show.   I hate her baby talk and how every time she says "bald" there is no "d" in the word.  

Dom's dress was awful in so many ways.  She has a decent figure but it made her look like a block.  Not flattering at all.  And her voice.  Not sure if she talks slowly, but something about it is so annoying.  

McKinley's hair is just too short, and I like short hair on men.  It looks like he is the military.  Sounds like he definitely moved to NO for the show so most likely he was recruited.  

Clint is a douche.  She is not his type.  I think he is going to be another Mitch.  He wants some skinny blonde babe he can wear on his arm, even though that has not worked for him for the past 20 years.   She seems nice, but is a but too obsessed with being a "career woman'.  

Ariis is already checked out.  He doesn't want 4 (or 13) dogs and they work opposite schedules so I think he is just like "what's the point"?   Where does she live with all these dogs and how does someone with 2 jobs and no partner take care of that many animals? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Kirsten mistaking the mozzarella in the caprese salad for cottage cheese had me dumbfounded. Even if one had never eaten caprese salad before, how can one think mozzarella is cottage cheese? 

I would have scarfed that down in a nanosecond!

• Like 8

I think Chris is very cute . The only thing I don’t like is that he keeps saying he’s such a nice guy and he’s been dumped for being too nice . He said it multiple times and I feel like it’s almost bringing Alyssa vibes with the “ I’m a good person .” If you are very nice , you don’t have to say it 450 times . That being said , I don’t think he’s gonna be anything like Alyssa was and actually does seem —- nice lol . 

Kirsten seems like she’s gonna have a stick up her ass . 

Any 34 year old guy who’s still saying “ I’m a boob guy “ is most certainly gonna be a loser . 

The first thing Airis says is , “ you tall.” 
Lovely . Just what a woman wants to hear as your first words upon meeting her - on her wedding day no less . 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Watching now and these family members and friends are so annoying. Why must they crap on the bride and groom on the happiest of days? Nicole's dad is especially annoying. He's grilling Chris, pontificating  about how hard marriage is and it's forever, and if I recall correctly, he is divorced from Nicole's mom. No shame there, but he's not exactly an expert.

I'm sure most of it is producer driven!!

• Like 2

NTTAWWT

???

Rubenesque is not as admired as back in the day

Depends on who is doing the admiring.

Jasmine has way too many dogs! 🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕

I have four dogs. It's just the right amount.

13 dogs is a lot. But then she is just keeping the puppies until they can go to their buyers. Then she will make more. :(

• Sad 1

Gina probably saw Clint 100 times in the elevator, but didn’t want to engage with him.  He looks like a good time Charlie to me.  Now that he’s forty, he wants ahome and kids for his old age coming up, and a wife to take care of them while he’s still on the boat.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4

The first two episodes of this show pulls you in.  Then everything goes down hill.  All mismatched, nosey relatives that have too much to say, and secrets come out.  Happens Everytime.  Maybe one out of the bunch will survive.  Maybe.  The show could be over in half the time, but they keep repeating and repeating all the scenes.  So many posters have left.  All because it isn’t real.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Lindz said:

Not the stripper moves, Shaq! 🤣 Wrong bride. Niq prolly would've been more into that. That was a bit of a shocker. Didn't expect him to do that. Didn't expect ANY of the husbands to do that

I think he did this after his groomsmen talked about his getting friend-zoned after the single incidence at the alter when she punished him for not asking first and being bald.You are right, wrong bride indeed(LOL). But was it surprising I did not see her mind too much?

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've always wondered in the interview process why they "experts" didn't ask if the person was interested in having pets.  Jasmine has four dogs, and that's a lot for someone who doesn't have pets to deal with.   Not everyone wants a dog or any other pet.

No one can question the mysterious and inscrutable methods by which the experts select couples. They should just put it up for vote and let the viewers select!!!!

• Like 6
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm sorry. So sorry. Consider me poxxed. Also sorry the pox is infectious. But not so sorry that I can't stop laughing. 

8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It's  KIRSTEN!!!

😇

Damn, I wrote down her name and I've still been getting it wrong. Here I thought it was Domynique and Airris we'd have trouble with.

6 hours ago, qtpye said:

I like/love dogs and 13 dogs would have been way too much for me.  I hope Jas lives on a beautiful 20-acre farm.

Does she have an outdoor kennel at least? I think Airris started to ask that, but was interrupted or something.

When I was a kid, we had a Malamute who had 9 puppies, or maybe 10 (long time ago). Luckily we had a big, mostly empty basement for them, and a large yard. It was crazy fun for us kids, but oh lord the poop! I can't imagine Miss Beauty Queen shoveling that much puppy poop.

• Like 2