Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Eating habit tonight will be spanakopita (from frozen).

Do you follow Anti-Chef on YouTube? He does a lot of Julia Child recipes, but also has a series where he makes a dish from each country. When he did Albania, he made byrek, which is a lot like spanakopita. Being a Greek by marriage, I love me some spanakopita and was intrigued by making my own phyllo dough. So I did! I'm so impressed with myself! It actually wasn't  too hard, but the commercial phyllo is more consistent and looks better. Still, I'm glad I tried. I'd make the byrek again, but with commercial dough.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

So, he was making really good money. Which he turned around and spent on HoHos and tortillas and pizzas. 

People get laid off all the time. I did. Guess what? I got a new and even better job. Shit happens. He has experience in the field he could find something 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

People get laid off all the time. I did. Guess what? I got a new and even better job. Shit happens. He has experience in the field he could find something 

But a job would cut into his eating hobby.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I thought this episode started at 9! I’ve been cheating on Dr. Now with Chris Matthews. I’m so upset. I had shrimp risotto for dinner, with a blackberry bubly so I hope there’s still room for me in Room 5.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Do you follow Anti-Chef on YouTube? He does a lot of Julia Child recipes, but also has a series where he makes a dish from each country. When he did Albania, he made byrek, which is a lot like spanakopita. Being a Greek by marriage, I love me some spanakopita and was intrigued by making my own phyllo dough. So I did! I'm so impressed with myself! It actually wasn't  too hard, but the commercial phyllo is more consistent and looks better. Still, I'm glad I tried. I'd make the byrek again, but with commercial dough.

Making phyllo dough from scratch was a challenge on Bake Off a few years ago. I was mesmerized, but I would never, EVER try it at home! Kudos to you! I've made bagels from scratch a few times, and its fun, and they taste great, but way too much hassle. Easier to go down the street to Bagel World. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

I don't think making puff pastry or phyllo from scratch is worth it... store-bought is good enough vs the effort required to make it.

I do sometimes make my own handheld pies from scratch, though usually when I have company and usually from yeast-raised dough.  My favorite fillings are ground beef and rice (with plenty of herbs and spices), chicken liver pate, and a kind of fermented cabbage with hard-boiled eggs.  All quite traditional for where I am from though there are plenty of other traditional ones too, like potato.  And green onion and egg, which I heartily dislike.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ive been watching Unforgotten on Prime because Nicola Walker never disappoints.

I got a showtime trial to watch "Everything Everywhere All at Once", so I've been binging Yellowjackets. But I agree on Nicola Walker.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ive been watching Unforgotten on Prime because Nicola Walker never disappoints.

I loved her since MI6.  Actually the first time I saw her was as a hippie singer at one of the weddings, 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have a feeling his layoff was due to size or attitude, because every cable company is always looking for help

Also if he's working at call centers, there's lots of those jobs available, also. If he's at all familiar with networking, there's lots of IT hardware-related jobs. Seems to be a lot of something besides bacon being shoveled.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I loved her since MI6.  Actually the first time I saw her was as a hippie singer at one of the weddings, 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

British procedurals are my favorite shows. Happy Valley is coming back this spring. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Making phyllo dough from scratch was a challenge on Bake Off a few years ago. I was mesmerized, but I would never, EVER try it at home! I've made bagels from scratch a few times, and its fun, and they taste great, but way too much hassle. Easier to go down the street to Bagel World. 

I made bagels from greek yogurt and flour. Again, I surprised myself! I follow this body builder who does high protein recipes, but then I learned it was an old Weight Watchers thing. There are a ton of videos. Not on de diet, tho.

bagels1.thumb.jpg.77854d03ac2a147caa88649cdbf08246.jpg

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I've been laid off twice.  So far.  Occupational hazard of being in the pharmaceutical industry.  Landed with a better job than the one I lost both times... though my age and experience will soon start to play against me should it happen again... but you should never give up.

His daughter is in pretty good shape, hope she won't take after Daddy dearest.

My lunch was fusilli wtih puttanesca sauce...  and my portion size was about 1/10 of his!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

His daughter's cute. Doesn't seem to be taking after dad so far, at least.

Is that giant bowl his personal serving?! I thought that was for the table!

And he drinks directly from a gallon milk jug.

Now I want a spaghetti sandwich.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

So lunch is 2 lbs of hamburger, to go in spaghetti sauce.   ALong with a giant amount of oil.       I can't believe he had a huge bowl of spaghetti, with tons of meat (I bet with all of the hamburger grease in it), just for him, and drinks out of the gallon milk jug.     I'm nauseous from seeing him eat what he called spaghetti sandwiches.     

He ate the entire tupperware of spaghetti with only small bowls for daughter and Grandma.   

So, his daughter only met Grandma Absent once before this, and she's not that young. 

Why didn't the mother slow down?   They're lucky they're not both dead from a car accident.     I'm wondering if that car has insurance, registration, and mom has a driver's license.  However, as a long time view of TV judge shows, I'm guessing I know the answer to all of those questions. 

It's only 7 hours from OKC to Dr. Now's.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, katycat74 said:

A literal vat of pasta!!

As he was dishing it up I was thinking that was an awful lot for just the three of them. Then I saw him park himself in front of that massive bowl, while Mom and daughter had normal portions. Sweet Jesus. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3