Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 7 – Former co-host of “The View” Nicolle Wallace (“Deadline: White House”)

Tuesday, Nov. 8 – The Political View with Rep. Val Demings, candidate for the Florida Senate; Weird Al Yankovic (writer and producer, “Weird”)

Wednesday, Nov. 9 – Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Nov. 10 – “The View” celebrates Whoopi’s birthday; Emily Blunt (“The English”); Whoopi’s Favorite Things

Friday, Nov. 11 – Bob Woodward (“The Trump Tapes”)

• Thanks 1

Mon and Tues will be must see tv for me.  They apparently couldn't find a guest for Wed.  Thursday's Whoopifest will eclipse the lovely Emily Blunt.  I'll be missing Fri because we're doing a walk through of our brand new house!  Woo hoo!

• Applause 2
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Mon and Tues will be must see tv for me.  They apparently couldn't find a guest for Wed.  Thursday's Whoopifest will eclipse the lovely Emily Blunt.  I'll be missing Fri because we're doing a walk through of our brand new house!  Woo hoo!

They'll probably have abc people on to talk about the election results.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

Congrats on the new digs!

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Love, love, love Nicolle!  I wish someone had asked about her new marriage to Michael Schmidt (NY Times reporter) and her son.  I would have loved to see some pictures 😀. Cause I’m nosey.  But I can understand her, and the hosts, wanting to focus on her political expertise.  Especially with the midterms tomorrow.  My PSA:  if you haven’t already, please vote tomorrow!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I disagree with Sunny about how the female coworker should have handled the male coworker who repeatedly asked  her out.  No Sunny she should not have told a little white lie.  She told him she wasn't attracted to him and she has every right to say that.  Why should she be nice to a guy who would not take no for an answer?  When I did online dating I would get messages from men and if I wasn't interested (which was most of the time) I would say I'm not interested or Sorry you aren't my type.  There were some men who took offense and would give a nasty reply.  My feeling is no matter what this particular woman said this man was not going to be happy. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

Whoopi thinks that free speech should exclude some things ("Some speech is not free speech"). Other than the most egregious examples (as most people know, falsely crying "fire" in a crowded theater, resulting in panic and destruction is understood to be practically excluded from the free speech guarantee), what other speech should be excluded? Who gets to make that determination? Giving someone the authority to decide what we can and cannot say is a very slippery slope. I think Whoopi would not like it if someone else decided that her opinions were not allowed, so she should be wary of suggesting that should be real restrictions on speech.

Most people would not like to be prevented from stating their opinions, especially if they are contrary to what is currently popular. Ideally, everyone should be free to express themselves and other people are free to disagree with them or ignore them altogether. Common sense should dictate what people decide to say publicly, but lately people seem to just spout whatever random things go through their heads. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I disagree with Sunny about how the female coworker should have handled the male coworker who repeatedly asked  her out.  No Sunny she should not have told a little white lie.  She told him she wasn't attracted to him and she has every right to say that.  Why should she be nice to a guy who would not take no for an answer?  When I did online dating I would get messages from men and if I wasn't interested (which was most of the time) I would say I'm not interested or Sorry you aren't my type.  There were some men who took offense and would give a nasty reply.  My feeling is no matter what this particular woman said this man was not going to be happy. 

I think this is why some workplaces have "no fraternization" rules. It can be terribly awkward between coworkers if one of them wants to go out and the other one rejects them. I can see why giving a less negative rejection might make it easier, especially if there's any work dependance between them. Imagine that the person who does the rejecting later needs information or work product from the other person. Yikes. It can end up being very ugly. I've had a few workplace relationships and fortunately our feelings were reciprocal, but I have seen some cases where things went very wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I disagree with Sunny about how the female coworker should have handled the male coworker who repeatedly asked  her out.  No Sunny she should not have told a little white lie.

This really pissed me off. She had already politely told him no many times. Fuck off Sunny.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Common sense should dictate what people decide to say publicly, but lately people seem to just spout whatever random things go through their heads. 

Before social media common sense did mostly prevent people from spouting off inflammatory things in public unless it was a drunk in a bar.  A white person wouldn't go into a black neighborhood and yell racist things.  But anyone can say whatever they want behind the keyboard and they don't run the risk of getting their ass kicked.  

I do think social media companies should be treated the same way publishers and networks are treated.  They are the ones giving a platform to the users saying these inflammatory things.   If a racist wants to publish their own blog and spout off hateful things they are able to do that.  Why should Twitter give that racist a far greater reach?

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Whoopi thinks that free speech should exclude some things ("Some speech is not free speech"). Other than the most egregious examples (as most people know, falsely crying "fire" in a crowded theater, resulting in panic and destruction is understood to be practically excluded from the free speech guarantee), what other speech should be excluded? Who gets to make that determination? Giving someone the authority to decide what we can and cannot say is a very slippery slope. I think Whoopi would not like it if someone else decided that her opinions were not allowed, so she should be wary of suggesting that should be real restrictions on speech.

"Free" speech DOES have some limits:  Statements that incite others to violence or harm, hate speech, harassment, defamation, obscenity, etc.  If challenged, the courts get to decide. The circumstances are scrutinized for time, place, situation, whether public or private, etc.  You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, but within certain limits, the Nazis were allowed to march in Skokie, IL.  There was a case over "Fu*k the Draft" (on a jacket?)

The courts decide.  If gets that far, the Supreme Court the ultimate determiner.  It starts with the Constitution's First Amendment as clarified/interpreted by numerous Supreme Court decisions.  The Court may need to decide the constitutionality of local laws & restrictions.  It may need to decide whether certain statements are outside the parameters of the law.  So, the Constitution, laws of interpretation, and court precedent decide the boundaries & resolve challenges.  No one is just giving "someone" authority to decide.  That someone is government -- the Constitution and First Amendment challenges as interpreted many, many times since the founding of this country.  There are restrictions even on social media - but given distinctions between public & private speech & public/private actors - it's hard to corral.  

Seems lately, it's "whatever you can get away with for as long as you can."  Not sure whether it's the fault of the schools to adequately teach history, government, & "checks & balances" in our democratic system -- or on those trying to get away with whatever they want - irrespective of laws until stopped by indictment or litigation.  Seems to me there are growing numbers of those ignorant of or willfully dismissive of past history & government.  But as they say, "Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  It's hard to watch.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I disagree with Sunny about how the female coworker should have handled the male coworker who repeatedly asked  her out.  No Sunny she should not have told a little white lie.

This really pissed me off. She had already politely told him no many times. Fuck off Sunny.

BIG TIME!   She instructs us and her coworkers on how to discourage a pushy jerk without hurting his feelings.  That's probably because she thinks attention from any man, anytime or place is a compliment.  Note how she glories in comments about "all the drinks" men send to her in bars and lounges.  Apparently she doesn't know how or when to say NO, so she doesn't GET IT!  

Also, Ms. Sunny...saying "I'm not attracted to you," or "There's no attraction," does NOT mean, "YOU'RE UGLY!"  Sometimes the only way to get rid of a pushy jerk permanently IS to hurt his feelings.  That sentence started with "Sometimes."  

Wow, Whoops really loves Nicolle - and so do I !  Re free speech, many have said the attitudes of the last prez allowed those inclined to openly express hatred.  Kudos to Nicolle Wallace for recognizing that her former party was no longer representative of her values.  Too bad The View didn’t realize the gem they had, dumping her after 1 season, the better to debase the show with anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and similar ignorami.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, jalady said:

Love, love, love Nicolle!  I wish someone had asked about her new marriage to Michael Schmidt (NY Times reporter)

I had read about the divorce.  I read about the romance.  I know she took a bit of time off recently. Today I saw what looked like a wedding ring; I had no idea!  Jalady, I want to know too; I suppose I could research it.  Has he been married before?  I always watch his demeanor when he's on her show; they're always professional.

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Oneofem said:

Too bad The View didn’t realize the gem they had, dumping her after 1 season, the better to debase the show with anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and similar ignorami.

I agree!  If Nicolle hadn't praised Whoopi so often I would have blamed her for Nicolle's leaving ("firing"). 

And...to be petty.  Nicole's shoulder puffs...or pads...whatever they were made today's BLUE dress WORSE.  If she had shorter hair, maybe those puffy shoulder things wouldn't have been so distracting.  On her own show, Nicolle seems to wear shirts/blouses and pants.  I think I'd have preferred that.

I'll take Nicolle whenever I can get time with her.  Such a brilliant appealing human!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

BIG TIME!   She instructs us and her coworkers on how to discourage a pushy jerk without hurting his feelings.  That's probably because she thinks attention from any man, anytime or place is a compliment.  Note how she glories in comments about "all the drinks" men send to her in bars and lounges.  Apparently she doesn't know how or when to say NO, so she doesn't GET IT!  

Also, Ms. Sunny...saying "I'm not attracted to you," or "There's no attraction," does NOT mean, "YOU'RE UGLY!"  Sometimes the only way to get rid of a pushy jerk permanently IS to hurt his feelings.  That sentence started with "Sometimes."  

What is wrong with Sunny enjoying male attention, there is nothing wrong with accepting drinks from a man. Sunny is an attractive woman and I know that Black men and Latin men would find her to be attractive. So I don't understand the shade. No matter what Sunny does or says people are going to hate on her.  

As far as rejecting a man politely, Some men are crazy out here and cannot handle a woman not wanting them. Here in New York a few years ago a young lady rejected a young man's advances, he punched her in the face and bit her so hard around her eye that she almost lost her eye.  So I think that women need to be careful in how you reject a man because it might get ugly. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I had read about the divorce.  I read about the romance.  I know she took a bit of time off recently. Today I saw what looked like a wedding ring; I had no idea!  Jalady, I want to know too; I suppose I could research it.  Has he been married before?  I always watch his demeanor when he's on her show; they're always professional.

As far as I know, it’s his first marriage.  And he’s quite a bit younger than Nicolle - you go, girl!  Another reason I miss Joy on Mondays; I just know she would have asked 😂😂

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

So I don't understand the shade.

Part of "the shade" (shades) are directed at her ongoing comments on things SHE allows herself--relishes for herself (aka male attention) but would NOT allow even a hint, a wink or a smile (or a cake!) be directed from any woman toward her husband.  It's the jealous double-Sunny-standard.

53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

No matter what Sunny does or says people are going to hate on her.  

Because...and my "H" word may hurt some...many of Sunny's standards are hypocritical.  In my opinion.   She's a popular cohost, so my opinion is worthless to anyone but me.

Edited by Back Atcha

Have to disagree w. Sunny on the romance wanting coworker.  I would not discuss the lack of chemistry or any other lack, in this day and age of revenge shootings.  I wouldn't lead him on but i wouldn't put him down either

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny is an attractive woman and I know that Black men and Latin men would find her to be attractive

Speaking for us older white guys, we think Sunny is very attractive also! Btw, I might not be a doctor but I’m a lot taller than Manny. (Sunny, call me…😍😎)

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree!  If Nicolle hadn't praised Whoopi so often I would have blamed her for Nicolle's leaving ("firing"). 

And...to be petty.  Nicole's shoulder puffs...or pads...whatever they were made today's BLUE dress WORSE.  If she had shorter hair, maybe those puffy shoulder things wouldn't have been so distracting.  On her own show, Nicolle seems to wear shirts/blouses and pants.  I think I'd have preferred that.

I'll take Nicolle whenever I can get time with her.  Such a brilliant appealing human!

I agree Nicolle’s dress was a rather strange choice, but totally missed the shoulders, being focused more than I (straight female, older model) probably should have been on her atypical cleavage display!  Kinda had the impression she was treating her return to The View as a special occasion deserving a dressier style than her workaday usual.  Same fantastic hair, however, apparently all her own - lucky B#*+%😉 Looking forward to her election special.

• Applause 2
10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Part of "the shade" (shades) are directed at her ongoing comments on things SHE allows herself--relishes for herself (aka male attention) but would NOT allow even a hint, a wink or a smile (or a cake!) be directed from any woman toward her husband.  It's the jealous double-Sunny-standard.

Exactly.  If Sunny wants to accept drinks from strangers that's her business, but her raging jealousy if another woman even smiles at Manny makes her a hypocrite.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Exactly.  If Sunny wants to accept drinks from strangers that's her business, but her raging jealousy if another woman even smiles at Manny makes her a hypocrite.  

I wonder how Sunny would react if Manny told her he didn't want her accepting drinks from men.

• Mind Blown 1

Good for Sunny! F*** Alyssa for lying and f*** Whoopi for trying to keep Sunny from defending herself. The only thing I think Sunny should've said is "You're lying, just like you've done every day you've been on this show." I mean, since Alyssa already attacked Sunny personally, what's good for one is good for the other. But you could tell Sunny was trying to use a different word than "liar," and instead said she's twisting her words.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Maybe things have changed, but when I was younger, accepting a drink from a man you didn't know was sending a signal that you'd be interested in sharing his company, at least for a while. Some men always seem to think that entitles them to more right away, but the very least was that you were open to some flirtation. For a person in a relationship, this can be an ego boost, but you should be careful because it is possible that you'll be misunderstood.

Is sauce for the goose also sauce for the gander, so to speak?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

The irony of Alyssa (of the Trump Administration) quoting Michelle Obama to Sunny after she--not Sunny--went after someone deliberately for something that they said last week, misquoting them purposefully, attempting to label them "far left" simultaneously, etc. I believe "far right" is an accurate descriptor of Alyssa because we know her history whereas "far left" doesn't fit Sunny considering her conservative positions on relationships and abortion or the names she's supported in politics on the show for years.

And bobblehead Sara nodding along can f*** off, too.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Alyssa showed that she hasn't changed at all, saying that Sunny called republican women cockroaches was just a lie and then back tracking when she was called out on it, her tightly pursed lips told me all I need to know about her if I didn't already know it. They should have been allowed to keep going, been a while since I saw a good cat fight.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Welshman in Ca said:

Alyssa showed that she hasn't changed at all, saying that Sunny called republican women cockroaches was just a lie and then back tracking when she was called out on it, her tightly pursed lips told me all I need to know about her if I didn't already know it. They should have been allowed to keep going, been a while since I saw a good cat fight.

and we know full well that Alyssa was just doing what a lot of politicians are doing in putting a lie out there, knowing that some (in her party) will hear it and believe it without question

i have kind of liked her until today and she will be probably be more insufferable as time goes on

• Love 1

Is it true that polls only call landlines? I guess that makes some kind of sense - if you're trying to poll people in a particular area, landlines are at least bound to it. With cell phones, a person could be anywhere, regardless of the area code of their phone number. 

I think relying on poll numbers is misleading because there are so few details about the construction of the poll questions, the number of people polled, and so on, but if polling is going to continue, pollsters need to figure out a better way to capture a representative sample. 

"Like roaches voting for Raid" kerfuffle - Just because the Latino people didn't object when Sunny used that analogy referring to them doing something doesn't mean no one else can object. 

I was a little confused by the little absentee ballot talk. If you get an absentee ballot, why wouldn't you put it in the mail yourself?  Isn't that the point of being absentee? You live somewhere other than your home state, so you have to mail in the ballot.  I live in a state that only votes "by mail", but you can either send the ballot through the mail or drop it off at an official drop box. It is very clear where you drop the ballots off. In the ballot documentation there are lists of where the drop boxes are, and they are big and have signage all over them. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I was a little confused by the little absentee ballot talk. If you get an absentee ballot, why wouldn't you put it in the mail yourself?  Isn't that the point of being absentee? You live somewhere other than your home state, so you have to mail in the ballot.  I live in a state that only votes "by mail", but you can either send the ballot through the mail or drop it off at an official drop box. It is very clear where you drop the ballots off. In the ballot documentation there are lists of where the drop boxes are, and they are big and have signage all over them. 

If I'm not mistaken in some states only the person filling out the ballot is allowed to drop it off.  I don't know what the rules are in New York.

17 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

"Like roaches voting for Raid" kerfuffle - Just because the Latino people didn't object when Sunny used that analogy referring to them doing something doesn't mean no one else can object. 

Nobody was talking about objecting unless I missed something, but everyone can object to whatever they want. Alyssa was saying that Sunny compared  women voting republican to cockroaches which is not what she did without finishing what she actually said, so she was blatantly twisting her words, which is a known strategy that works if you say it enough as some people will believe anything.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

If I'm not mistaken in some states only the person filling out the ballot is allowed to drop it off.  I don't know what the rules are in New York.

I didn't know either. After I read your response, I found this: https://www.elections.ny.gov/VotingAbsentee.html 

Unfortunately, it doesn't really clarify where you drop off the ballot if you choose to go to the poll site on Election Day. I guess there may be some uncertainty about where to drop off an absentee ballot in person depending on the site. 

3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Nobody was talking about objecting unless I missed something, but everyone can object to whatever they want. Alyssa was saying that Sunny compared  women voting republican to cockroaches which is not what she did without finishing what she actually said, so she was blatantly twisting her words, which is a known strategy that works if you say it enough as some people will believe anything.

It was in the midst of the back-and-forth about the analogy. Sunny said that she had used this analogy before, and she mentioned that she used it in reference to something that Latino people did and they didn't object or get huffy about it. I don't know what that topic was or when it was. 

15 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny said that she had used this analogy before, and she mentioned that she used it in reference to something that Latino people did and they didn't object or get huffy about it.

I didn't notice...but did Sunny use the word "huffy" ??

47 minutes ago, cinsays said:

i have kind of liked her until today and she will be probably be more insufferable as time goes on

I hope I can continue to like her.

4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I wonder how Sunny would react if Manny told her he didn't want her accepting drinks from men.

(my bolding(s)  An even BIGGER WONDER is if Manny considers it "worth it" to mention it at all.  I'm not so sure St. Sunny's reaction would be what we consider serena.

• Wink 1

Alyssa can just take a gazzillion million seats and fuck right off.

Saying that Sunny called White women "bugs" or "cockroaches" is NOT what Sunny said and she damned well knows it. For me, I don't care that Sunny used the simile before; it's that Alyssa was LYING about what Sunny said.

And pulling out how it's the "Far Left" who also are "denigrating" and insulting the "other party" as well. Come Again? And then having the nerve to use Michelle Obama's words. I loved Sunny snapping back, actually. Meghan tried to pull the same stunt on Sunny.

I loved what Joy had to say about it all. And I really loved her "Who CARES?" in that stupid Reddit discussion. I was hoping for a "So What?"

But Alyssa can just shut right up, if she's going to lie. Say what you feel, YOUR words; YOUR opinion.

And again, always the SAME QUESTION whenever a politician comes on: "Do you think there should be limits on abortion in the third trimester?" I don't understand that question. Clearly, if any woman has to get an abortion at that stage, it's because of the risk/danger to her health, or that, sadly, the baby won't survive due to complications, not having developed organs, etc.

Weird Al was SUCH a breath of Fresh Air! I've loved him ever since I saw "Like a Surgeon" back in the 80s. Then "Eat it" came along. He is one TALENTED Guy. I love him. And his movie is HILARIOUS!

• Applause 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, HerkyJerky said:

Sunny’s son called her AGAIN during the show?? I would think after 10 yrs he would know not to call her between the hours of 1100-1200! 😏🙄

I think he texted her. But Sunny could have waited until the commercial break to respond. Then again, the issue of where absentee ballots go/are dumped in some places wouldn't have been something they would talk about. Because until then, Sunny was talking about how great it was to vote this morning.

4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Is it true that polls only call landlines? I guess that makes some kind of sense - if you're trying to poll people in a particular area, landlines are at least bound to it. With cell phones, a person could be anywhere, regardless of the area code of their phone number. 

I think relying on poll numbers is misleading because there are so few details about the construction of the poll questions, the number of people polled, and so on, but if polling is going to continue, pollsters need to figure out a better way to capture a representative sample. 

Here in PA, we just recently, because of the pandemic, were allowed to request an absentee ballot, previously,it was mainly because of illness, military service, traveling, etc.  We are allowed to mail our ballots in, but, during the pandemic, mail service, was, sketchy, at best. But, this year, I mailed mine back, and received an email from the election bureau, that my ballot had been received, it took a little over a week.  In our town, we do not have drop boxes, but, you can drop your ballot off at the Courthouse, OR, bring it, in person, to your polling place on Election Day, on addition to mailing it. Hope the helps.  I understand every state may be different.

• Useful 2

Thank goddess for Sunny’s presence on the panel - Alyssa is revealing her true color, orange.  I think she actually referred to “my“ President today or yesterday, and she didn’t mean Biden. 

Otoh, while appreciative of Asunción, I get a little tired of her self righteousness.  Is there a protected class to which she doesn’t belong?  And she often refers to her economically  challenged childhood.  Sunny said today that her mother (previously described by her as an indigenous Puerto Rican) is “white” - really?  I researched Sun a tad online and found that her Puerto Rican mom and aunt were teachers, and Sunny attended the prestigious private Dominican Academy in NYC, where current tuition is $20K.  Probably she had financial help/scholarships, but while teachers aren’t highly paid they also aren’t impoverished (unless they choose to live in expensive areas.) Sunny’s also mentioned in recent months that her grandfather was Jewish; he was apparently from Spain.  We’ve heard frequently that she grew up in the “projects” but she def had the benefit of educated (and loving) maternal (at least) relatives. She talks a lot on the show re law school at Notre Dame, but did undergrad at Binghamton, and changed her major to English after struggling as a biology major, even taking an extra year to graduate. Lucky her to have had that freedom, which ain’t cheap!  And she studied abroad, at Oxford, no less.  She also won a campus beauty contest-wonder why she later had a rhinoplasty? ?  Not trying to bust her chops, but she often touts her underprivileged background and always pounces on any possible racial slight.  I apologize if anything stated above is inaccurate -  but hey, it’s online!

Edited by Oneofem
Sunny changed her major to English, not Journalism
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Saying that Sunny called White women "bugs" or "cockroaches" is NOT what Sunny said and she damned well knows it. For me, I don't care that Sunny used the simile before; it's that Alyssa was LYING about what Sunny said.

Yeah... If you don't simply come at the conversation already knowing that Alyssa is just a snake and you simply took her at her word, it would make her sound very stupid. I've heard a similar expression ("chickens voting for Colonel Sanders")--if Sunny had used that instead, would Alyssa have felt Sunny was insulting her by calling her a chicken?? 🤣

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Sunny said today that her mother (previously described by her as an indigenous Puerto Rican) is “white” - really?

"Hostin continued, saying, “[Griffin] just said I called white women roaches, which, my mother is a white woman. So I wouldn’t say that. Second of all, what I used was a metaphor, really more of a simile. And I said, white women Republicans. I just read a poll that the suburbs are now voting Republican. That is like roaches voting for Raid.” from online Yahoo! News.    Have I been misunderstanding for years?  Doesn't Sunny claim that Spanish is her first language because her mother is Puerto Rican.

I knew Sunny couldn't come up with the Roaches/RAID one-liner on her own.  Today she attributed it to John Leguizamo.  “Latin people for Republicans are like roaches for Raid. Let’s just get real,” the actor told Bill Maher on Friday’s “Real Time.”

As for their "projects" backgrounds, I'll always wonder how LONG either of them lived in "The Projects,"  Whoopi and Sunny.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1

Sunnny may not have called white women roaches, but her statement was problematic.  If a white woman made a similar comment about black or latin people she would have been the first to say it was offensive.  Wrong is wrong.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Sunnny may not have called white women roaches, but her statement was problematic.  If a white woman made a similar comment about black or latin people she would have been the first to say it was offensive.  Wrong is wrong.  

I suspect you are right. I doubt she would say that people were overreacting to an analogy. 

What I find off-putting with some of the View panelists is that they don't seem to recognize that if the shoe were on the other foot (to use an old idiom) they wouldn't like it and would criticize whoever was saying it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I've had a friend mail my ballot for me if I've been sick or happened having an extended stay somewhere for medical treatment. We don't have drop boxes where I am. In the info that's sent out along with the ballot it says that ballots can only be returned in the way they were received. The state I'm in still requires an excuse for people who mail them in. They don't ask what someone's exact disability is when they call to have one mailed out. I don't think they're allowed to.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Weird Al was SUCH a breath of Fresh Air! I've loved him ever since I saw "Like a Surgeon" back in the 80s. Then "Eat it" came along. He is one TALENTED Guy. I love him. And his movie is HILARIOUS!

I love him too. Weird Al seems like such a nice guy along with being really talented. I like watching him being interviewed too because he doesn't overreact to questions and his answers are always interesting. When I still had AT&T's Uverse I watched him on an episode of Dan Rather's AXS show "The Big Interview" that I think was from 2015 which was an hour long (well shorter because of commercials) so he was able to talk about more of his life then he has time for on shows like "The View". 

I mainly keep up with this show by reading these weekly threads still especially since they hired Alyssa. While I was watching "The Talk" today when they were talking about having voted it made me think about what that same discussion was probably like this morning on "The View". I'm liking "The Talk" a lot more now with the host lineup they have now then I have in quite a few years. They can discuss serious issues, disagree and it doesn't get as heated. It kind of reminds me of what this show was like before the terror known as Bitsy was hired who's executive producer helped transformation while hosting lead to the ushering in of some of their worst hosts so far.

• Applause 4