Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/31/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 11/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, debbie311 said:

He looked orange.  I wonder if it was a bad spray tan job.  He really looked awful.

He was interviewed by Diane Sawyer on ABC, and he stated that he has been playing a lot of pickleball, lately, hence the tan.  I wish he would shave and "ungrease" his hair. He would definitely look better, IMHO.  I hope that he continues to do well, and heal.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I haven't yet seen the show, but I've seen the clip on the news of Sunny comparing republican women to roaches.  I'm a democrat, but I thought that was pretty low.  I'm having second thoughts on how smart I used to think Sunny was.  

Watch the show before commenting - Sunny did NOT compare Republican women to roaches.  She used an analogy to show how they vote against their own interests.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10

I don’t care for the new makeup they’ve started putting on Sara. Her eyeshadow is too dark for morning tv.

What the heck is she talking about with her “both sides” thing?  There is a big gap between anecdotal incidents and pervasive racism. And not everybody gets called out. That is just wrong.

Fetterman sounded fine to me.

Oh, brother. No surprise Sunny would think renting out a handyman husband is a bad idea. Only she would think it would lead to hanky panky.  Not everyone is after your husband, Sunny.  Grow up. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Did Dr. Oz give up his medical career? Sunny's jab made it sound as though he only "sold supplements" - obviously she's against him, because she's not even pretending to be objective. I also wonder (and I doubt we'd learn the answer without a lot of research) if the panel's objection to Dr. Oz moving to PA before running for office also extended to other politicians in the past that they like better. if the panel was consistent about these objections, I'd have more respect for them. 

Moving wedding date for Taylor Swift concert? Fluffy topic, but surprising that some of the panel would at least consider it. Sunny says she and her daughter don't listen to Taylor Swift and wouldn't bother going to the concert, which I can understand. There are plenty of contemporary artists I never listen to and wouldn't cancel jury duty for. :-)

Edited by KittyQ
edited comment for succinctness. Also edited for grammar.
  • Love 1

Joy totally missed the point on the Taylor Swift tour vs. wedding date conundrum.  The real problem is that many brides are finding that the hotel rooms they have booked for their guests are now being cancelled because the hotels can make a bundle by renting the rooms to concert-goers instead.

A case in point:  A MA bride had rooms booked five minutes from her wedding venue at $169/room, but she was just advised her reservations were being cancelled because the hotel could get $1,000/night from concert-goers instead.  The good news is that the hotel has relented and has now reinstated the bride's original reservations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bride-to-be-has-hotel-rooms-canceled-after-taylor-swift-concert-announcement/ar-AA13IJUg

"I can't believe it," Leonard said. "I get an email from them stating you're canceled."

It was the same day Swift announced she would be playing two shows at Gillette Stadium on that same May weekend.

"I kept saying our agreement means nothing? That's what it's for," Leonard said. "They said, nope, we have a big event coming."

"It's just because of the money, that's the only reason," Leonard said. "He told me on the phone that they're going to be getting $1,000 a night."

Her contract with the hotel is for 10 rooms at a rate of $169 a night."

Edited by Tunia
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Joy totally missed the point on the Taylor Swift tour vs. wedding date conundrum.  The real problem is that many brides are finding that the hotel rooms they have booked for their guests are now being cancelled because the hotels can make a bundle by renting the rooms to concert-goers instead.

A case in point:  A MA bride had rooms booked five minutes from her wedding venue at $169/room, but she was just advised her reservations were being cancelled because the hotel could get $1,000/night from concert-goers instead.  The good news is that the hotel has relented and has now reinstated the bride's original reservations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bride-to-be-has-hotel-rooms-canceled-after-taylor-swift-concert-announcement/ar-AA13IJUg

Interesting! The topic wasn't framed that way, so maybe they thought it would be more "fun" the other way.  Having rooms cancelled in favor of more lucrative opportunities seems like bad business and if the bride had a contract, you'd think the couple could have sued the hotel. A concert is not like an emergency situation, so prior commitments should be honored. It probably wouldn't make for an entertaining discussion though.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny's jab made it sound as though he only "sold supplements" - obviously she's against him, because she's not even pretending to be objective.

Why does she, or any of the hosts, need to be objective? They're not journalists. This show is about their opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Did Dr. Oz give up his medical career? Sunny's jab made it sound as though he only "sold supplements" - obviously she's against him, because she's not even pretending to be objective. I also wonder (and I doubt we'd learn the answer without a lot of research) if the panel's objection to Dr. Oz moving to PA before running for office also extended to other politicians in the past that they like better. if the panel was consistent about these objections, I'd have more respect for them. 

Dr. Oz was heavily criticized and (maybe even sued) for using his medical title to push supplements on his show that were proven to not be effective. He made a lot of money doing so.   I think that's what she was referring to.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Did Dr. Oz give up his medical career? Sunny's jab made it sound as though he only "sold supplements" - obviously she's against him, because she's not even pretending to be objective.

The name of the show is The View, the whole point is to NOT be objective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Dr. Oz was heavily criticized and (maybe even sued) for using his medical title to push supplements on his show that were proven to not be effective. He made a lot of money doing so.   I think that's what she was referring to.   

He was fined millions for advertising those snake oil type weight loss pills that only lost weight in peoples bank accounts.

WTF is with Sarah lately, whoever is doing her hair & makeup needs to be fired, she looks awful today & not for the first time this week. An abject lesson in how to make a naturally beautiful woman look like a Peggy Bundy caricature.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

WTF is with Sarah lately, whoever is doing her hair & makeup needs to be fired, she looks awful today & not for the first time this week. 

It’s Dark Sara, evil twin of Perky Sara.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

WTF is with Sarah lately, whoever is doing her hair & makeup needs to be fired, she looks awful today & not for the first time this week.

Most likely Sara is easygoing, fun...and lets the hair and makeup people play around and experiment.  It's obvious that Joy prefers her current hairstyle (it IS flattering), because it rarely changes.  Sunny is going through some transformation with her hair and her platform shoes.  Nothing to say about Whoopi.

Something I notice is the "season" of the ladies' wardrobes.  One will walk out with a summery spaghetti-strap dress and another will have a wool suit.  There's no rhyme...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, brother. No surprise Sunny would think renting out a handyman husband is a bad idea. Only she would think it would lead to hanky panky.  Not everyone is after your husband, Sunny.  Grow up. 

I wonder what things are REALLY like in "Sunny's happy home," because I'd bet everything is the way she needs it to be. OR ELSE.  I hope she doesn't think she's being CUTE by pretending to be so judgmental. 

Can you imagine the FREEDOM her son feels these days?   

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny's jab made it sound as though he only "sold supplements" - obviously she's against him, because she's not even pretending to be objective.

Why does she, or any of the hosts, need to be objective? They're not journalists. This show is about their opinions.

(My bolding)  Anyone remember Sherri?  😄   And Meghan?

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny says she and her daughter don't listen to Taylor Swift and wouldn't bother going to the concert, which I can understand.

I hope Sunny's daughter isn't required to like/dislike (even "listen to") entertainers based on her mother's (35-year older) opinions...

Edited by Back Atcha
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

Did the hotel relent only AFTER bad publicity caused by those associated with the wedding party? 

And if so, GOOD FOR THEM (the wedding party).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

27 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I wonder what things are REALLY like in "Sunny's happy home," because I'd bet everything is the way she needs it to be. OR ELSE.  I hope she doesn't think she's being CUTE by pretending to be so judgmental. 

Sunny talks about going on girl trips with her friends.  I wonder if Manny is allowed to go on guy's trips.

• LOL 5
32 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Sunny talks about going on girl trips with her friends.  I wonder if Manny is allowed to go on guy's trips.

In my experience, people who are that jealous and suspicious of their spouses are projecting. Sunny may have lots of fun on her girl trips.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Nothing to say about Whoopi.

I will never understand how the producers let her go on a nationally televised show looking like she does! The other hosts always look so nice - well...maybe not Sara these days! - like they've at least made a tiny bit of an effort. Goldberg rolls out looking like she's just going to grab her bowling ball and go meet the girls or she's going grocery shopping on a Saturday morning. 

I'm not saying you've got to look like you stepped out of the latest Vogue but looking like such a slob is so disrespectful. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, limestation said:
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Nothing to say about Whoopi.

I will never understand how the producers let her go on a nationally televised show looking like she does!

Really, LimeStation...I've been amazed for years at the power she seems to have on this show, at Disney, and ABC.  She's Disney's darling.  WHY?  Every star that comes to the show bows and drools to speak to her.  She must be a fabulous person when she's away from lights and cameras.  I'm sure most connected with the show are afraid to give her any constructive comments (I dare not write "criticism").  The show would be better (way better) without her.  I don't care if mine is the minority opinion (just like Whoopi).

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

This was a weird segment. The topic of having a second part-time job as a handyman was far from titillating. Equating the subject with the current economy would have more interesting. Seems to me that Sunny’s husband is already rented out to perform surgery when patients are often nude (gasp) or scantily attired. The difference between a handyman going to someone’s home and a patient going to someone’s office is minuscule. 

6 minutes ago, Glitches said:

This was a weird segment. The topic of having a second part-time job as a handyman was far from titillating. Equating the subject with the current economy would have more interesting. Seems to me that Sunny’s husband is already rented out to perform surgery when patients are often nude (gasp) or scantily attired. The difference between a handyman going to someone’s home and a patient going to someone’s office is minuscule. 

EXACTLY!  The wife isn't truly "renting out" her husband.  They have a company as his side job.  Here are some local handyman names:  

• Husbands 2 Go
  • Rent My Husband
  • Mr. Honey Do Services

These are just clever names teasing about those husbands who don't have time or talent to do all the little jobs needed at their homes.  GROW UP, SUNNY.  You're getting more irritating every week.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

In my experience, people who are that jealous and suspicious of their spouses are projecting. Sunny may have lots of fun on her girl trips.

I can't agree. She's SO suspicious, judgmental, and gossipy* her friends can't ever trust her completely.  AND for that reason, any missteps on her part would be gossipped/gossiped about immediately in her little group.  

*She even names names on the show...because she considers herself so funny.

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Did the hotel relent only AFTER bad publicity caused by those associated with the wedding party? 

And if so, GOOD FOR THEM (the wedding party).

It would seem so.  The local Boston station - WCVB - carried her story and soon after the hotel reached out to the bride to reinstate her reservations, plus is also providing a suite for the bride and groom..  They did the right thing in the end, but it's a shame it took public broadcast to correct the situation.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
On 11/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, KittyQ said:

Interesting that only Sara seemed to recognize that people will vote on the issues that are most germane to their own lives, regardless of what people on talk shows say. In everyday life, we prioritize things that affect us the most, and people will vote for candidates or issues that come closest to their needs. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, KittyQ said:

Unfortunately I must agree, which is why I’m currently terrified and despondent.  And (as a former teacher) disgusted with the apparent state of American education, which obviously has failed dramatically.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Most likely Sara is easygoing, fun...and lets the hair and makeup people play around and experiment.  It's obvious that Joy prefers her current hairstyle (it IS flattering), because it rarely changes.  Sunny is going through some transformation with her hair and her platform shoes.  Nothing to say about Whoopi.

Something I notice is the "season" of the ladies' wardrobes.  One will walk out with a summery spaghetti-strap dress and another will have a wool suit.  There's no rhyme...

Have definitely concluded lately (& not negging ) that Joy wears a flattering wig - she has the very same cute little flicks/flips on the left side of her hair every single day, ever since I started monitoring them.  She does look amazing for a 60 year old, much less 2 decades older.

Imo, Whoops has improved her style lately, her nails and hair look nicer, and especially with the black and white “suit” as someone referred to it (which I thought was comical;) but now she’s worn that get-up at least 2 or 3 times already, so maybe it’s handily on the floor next to her bed??

Waiting eagerly for Nicole Wallace on Monday- for a Californian who claimed on The View that she didn’t know exactly where Malibu is, she’s come a loooong way, baby!  Love her on Deadline White House, extended to 2 hours, Imo for her overall excellence.

Edited by Oneofem
Omission
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Joy made a comment last season when they came back from the Bahamas. She said that Sunny attracted a lot of men when they were out socially.

Lol, she said something about "cute" Sara not attracting men, but Sunny did.

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's heartbreaking there is still so much antisemitism and all the hateful things we keep hearing about our Jewish brothers and sisters. But as far as Ilhan Omar, while I understand why what she said could come across antisemitic and why she apologized for her words, there is a difference between someone who was unintentionally hurtful and the other hateful speech discussed on the show. Ilhan had also discussed Saudi influence with money as a Muslim woman. I always thought Meghan was very hard on Muslims and women of color. It's disappointing no one on the panel ever takes up for women like Ilhan when there's another person playing the "both sides" game. You don't need to be an expert on politics to handle Alyssa or Meghan, yet the other hosts never seem able to. 

Regarding the affirmative action discussion, funnily enough, I had just stumbled upon this before seeing the new clip. Sara is strongly for it here. I haven't been watching The View as much lately. Are things often tense between Sara and Sunny?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

It's heartbreaking there is still so much antisemitism and all the hateful things we keep hearing about our Jewish brothers and sisters. But as far as Ilhan Omar, while I understand why what she said could come across antisemitic and why she apologized for her words, there is a difference between someone who was unintentionally hurtful and the other hateful speech discussed on the show. Ilhan had also discussed Saudi influence with money as a Muslim woman. I always thought Meghan was very hard on Muslims and women of color. It's disappointing no one on the panel ever takes up for women like Ilhan when there's another person playing the "both sides" game. You don't need to be an expert on politics to handle Alyssa or Meghan, yet the other hosts never seem able to. 

Alyssa zeroed in on Ilhan Omar with precision and she spoke about her with such disdain. She reminded me of Megan who also hated her.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. Very off-putting. 

I wished that Sarah had been given the chance to go in depth on why her husband has renounced his Jewish faith.  Sunny was engaging with her but that got lost in the cross-talk.

I also noticed that Ana does not like Alyssa who was hell-bent on keeping the conversation on Ilhan Omar.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

Joy's "Just put an ankle monitor on him already!" had me rolling, it even made Sunny laugh. TBH, I agreed with Sunny on that topic... I think renting your husband out to women who are most likely single and potentially lonely to help them around the house definitely has the potential to open a can of worms. If a man's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat regardless, but opening the door wide open to opportunity like that probably isn't wise either...

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding the affirmative action discussion, funnily enough, I had just stumbled upon this before seeing the new clip. Sara is strongly for it here. I haven't been watching The View as much lately. Are things often tense between Sara and Sunny?

Not often, but this week Sara has been fully off the rails in a way she never has been before. She was extremely hostile to Sunny again today (even when they were talking about Taylor Swift of all things 🙄 ), and I agreed with Ana and Sunny both that her and Alyssa's attempt to bothsides every issue is dangerous because it clouds the public's ability to discern anything. Which we know, of course, is obviously Alyssa's end-goal, she's made that pretty clear, but it's pretty disgraceful of Sara to help her along.

Anyway, Sara becoming a piece of work is just another confirmation for me that this show will go down the tubes without Joy. She's the only one there who gets along with everyone apparently, the linchpin that's holding this panel together despite the clear fault lines between the others. Without her, Whoopi, Sara, and Alyssa will go after Sunny to get her fired pretty fast. If Sunny goes, I think Ana would also leave considering she's closer to Sunny than the others and she doesn't need this show, then The View will devolve back to Whoopi and the Whoopettes (of which Sara already is one) and down the drain they'll go.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy's "Just put an ankle monitor on him already!" had me rolling, it even made Sunny laugh. TBH, I agreed with Sunny on that topic... I think renting your husband out to women who are most likely single and potentially lonely to help them around the house definitely has the potential to open a can of worms. If a man's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat regardless, but opening the door wide open to opportunity like that probably isn't wise either...

So single women should only have single men for their handyman work? My late husband was a handyman.  He was never once propositioned by a female customer.  And now that I'm a single woman I have never propositioned a man who has come to do work at my house. 

John Fetterman even recovering from a stroke sounded better than more than a few Senate candidates we have been hearing from.

Sara didn't have a good week. Her doing the both sides thing is only going to make some people think the wrong side isn't wrong. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

I’ve found there’s differences between left and right antisemitism. Left sided antisemitism tends to conflate being Jewish with being Israeli and therefore blames us for how the Israeli government treats Palestinians. With the recent election, I fear that’s just going to get worse. Right sided antisemitism believes all the conspiracy theories about us, how we control everything and have all the money. Obviously, there are exceptions to these rules. Trump dabbles in both sides.

And as far as Sara’s husband concerned, Schiffrin is a very Jewish name so regardless of whether his kids know anything about Judaism, he’s kidding himself if he thinks they won’t be targeted. My mother was so happy when she married my stepdad (who converted) so she no longer had a Jewish last name. I once met a Russian non-Jewish woman who left the country because her daughter dealt with anti-semitism in Russia just because her last name sounded Jewish. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, rwlevin said:

I’ve found there’s differences between left and right antisemitism. Left sided antisemitism tends to conflate being Jewish with being Israeli and therefore blames us for how the Israeli government treats Palestinians. With the recent election, I fear that’s just going to get worse. Right sided antisemitism believes all the conspiracy theories about us, how we control everything and have all the money. Obviously, there are exceptions to these rules. Trump dabbles in both sides.

And as far as Sara’s husband concerned, Schiffrin is a very Jewish name so regardless of whether his kids know anything about Judaism, he’s kidding himself if he thinks they won’t be targeted. My mother was so happy when she married my stepdad (who converted) so she no longer had a Jewish last name. I once met a Russian non-Jewish woman who left the country because her daughter dealt with anti-semitism in Russia just because her last name sounded Jewish. 

I agree that it is absolutely antisemitic to conflate Jewish people with the Israeli government. This is kind of tricky to discuss because board rules do not allow us to bring up the names of politicians not discussed on the show. What I'll say is that I've noticed the right often conflates Jewish people with the Israeli government. They're the ones who call criticism of Israel's government as hatred of Jews. That's part of what happened with Ilhan Omar and what Meghan Meghan would say on the show. Now whether it's on the left or right, of course it is sickening. It breaks my heart there is still so much fear and people have to worry about their names and safety. A part of me likes to know what people's views really are, but when it's someone with a huge platform like Kanye, I wish he'd keep his hateful thoughts to himself. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

So single women should only have single men for their handyman work? My late husband was a handyman.  He was never once propositioned by a female customer.  And now that I'm a single woman I have never propositioned a man who has come to do work at my house. 

For a woman with a high IQ and a history of 4.0, Sunny is often NOT very smart.  Also, she knows exactly which topics will be discussed, so why doesn't she calm down, prepare, and try to present her points logically?  Is it because she thinks her jealousy is attractive?  Feminine? Sexy?  Is she sending messages to her husband and kids?  Can she REALLY not stop herself on these "all women are desperate for someone else's man" speeches?  She's an idiot.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy made a comment last season when they came back from the Bahamas.  She said that Sunny attracted a lot of men when they were out socially.

And Sunny gives her humble-brag smile, REVELING any time that type of comment comes up.  She "can't help it" if men send drinks over to her.  Too bad we can't be flies on the wall (or ROACHES on the floor) when a woman in a lounge finds Dr. Manny attractive and sends him a drink.  Or a woman in a hospital cafeteria sends him a coffee.  If Sunny became aware, that WOMAN would be headed for ER.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2022 at 8:46 AM, KittyQ said:

Sunny says she and her daughter don't listen to Taylor Swift and wouldn't bother going to the concert, which I can understand.

It would be nice if we knew Sunny's daughter's TRUE wish on whether she'd like to attend a Taylor Swift concert ... FREE tickets and probably excellent seats.  Was she "not interested" because she'd rather not disagree with her mother?  And NOW...girls at school know her mother turned down free tickets to a sold-out (in minutes) concert.  I hope Paloma is a happy and popular (enough) girl at school.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I wish I had the privilege of getting Taylor Swift tickets for free.

And I can't count the number of times (I'm old...I CAN count--I just don't recall) I've seen performers LIVE and I'm STUNNED, SHOCKED, and pleasantly surprised by how much better most are in person (a big/fabulous show, of course) than just listening to the radio, digital music, or seeing them on talk shows.  Sunny might change her privileged tune if she would (sometime) PURCHASE good tickets to Taylor's show.

My sons are in their 50s and they learned when they were teenagers that most LIVE PERFORMANCES of well known entertainers are almost always woth their money and time.  They're STILL going to see bands they saw in the 80s.  Sunny, Sunny, Sunny...broaden your horizons.

A late P.S.  Jerry and Wayne Newton grew up on our area; he was in my sister's senior class in high school.  We knew them as talented "local" celebrities and were pretty impressed when Wayne made the big time.  I wouldn't have chosen to see Wayne in Las Vegas, but I was at a convention and it was part of our package.  I WAS STUNNED!  I couldn't believe how he had grown, how extremely talented he was AND...WHAT AN ENTERTAINER!!  If one has a chance to see a live performance--when the word is that there's a "real show," do not pass it up.

Edited by Back Atcha
Wayne Newton
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps her husband would rather her NOT speak for him on this topic at all...especially to a national audience on a TV show...where "and now we have to take a break."

I wonder if her husband approved of this revelation to be made on air. Me thinks it might have caused a fight in the Haynes-Shiffrin household. If he doesn't want anyone knowing his children are Jewish, then I think that her announcing it on national television might not have been very well received by him.

I hope not. I like Sara and her cute little family.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wished that Sarah had been given the chance to go in depth on why her husband has renounced his Jewish faith. 

Perhaps her husband would rather she NOT speak for him on this topic at all...especially to a national audience on a TV show...where "and now we have to take a break" rarely gets back to the discussion at hand.

It sounded as if Sarah doesn't recognize that some names have ethnic/religious affiliations.  Perhaps that's more common for us ELDERS.  My sons are in their mid-50s and they recognize "Mexican" names because we're on a border with Mexico.  Otherwise, I don't think they do know.  Did the newspapers and parents of the 30s/40s and earlier always mention countries affiliated with surnames?

Edited by Back Atcha

I doubt Sunny would even ask her husband to help out a single girlfriend with a problem for free.

But I think she insulted all women and men that husbands work as handymen...and especially this one at $44/hr. To supplement their retirement or have it as a career.

And I am beginning to despise her pouty judgey face.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I doubt Sunny would even ask her husband to help out a single girlfriend with a problem for free.

EXACTLY (or a married one or one sick in bed...SUCH a temptation).    Cheer #1

But I think she insulted all women and men that husbands work as handymen...and especially this one at $44/hr. To supplement their retirement or have it as a career.

My married handyman charges $60 an hour and is worth every dollar!  Sometimes I've called about a little job and he reminds me that he has a minimum charge (I don't know what it is)...suggesting that I call back when I have something to make my money work better.  Cheer #2

And I am beginning to despise her pouty judgey face.

The King GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

• Applause 1
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

For a woman with a high IQ and a history of 4.0, Sunny is often NOT very smart.  Also, she knows exactly which topics will be discussed, so why doesn't she calm down, prepare, and try to present her points logically?  Is it because she thinks her jealousy is attractive?  Feminine? Sexy?  Is she sending messages to her husband and kids?  Can she REALLY not stop herself on these "all women are desperate for someone else's man" speeches?  She's an idiot.  

But…how do you know Sunny’s IQ? Is there real evidence of her alleged high intelligence?  A while back she fared poorly on Jeopardy or a similar show.  A great gpa means less in some schools than others.   I like her and am happy she’s speaking out for the preservation of democracy,  but am not convinced she’s Mensa material .  Otoh, I do think she’s playing a role of super jealous wifey.

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, Oneofem said:

A while back she fared poorly on Jeopardy or a similar show.

Oh, but she couldn't get her buzzer to work.  At least that's her story and she's sticking to it.

I wouldn't mind renting my husband out to do odd jobs for women who needed help, but honestly I'd be more competent to do those little repair jobs than he would be.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It was also an insult to single women.  Not all single women are on the prowl looking for a man.  Sunny also didn't like the idea of a married man tutoring college students.  She reminds me of Elisabeth Hasselbeck losing her shit over her husband maybe seeing a Playboy.  She said something like why would he look at that when he has me.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

She reminds me of Elisabeth Hasselbeck losing her shit over her husband maybe seeing a Playboy. 

This is GREAT, BlueGirl.  Wouldn't it be fun to see Sunny's reaction to your comparing her to Hasselbeck?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1