Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E17: This Was Supposed to Be Our New Start

• Start Topic

I do not feel that Stacia sees Nate as  an equal.  I think she will never see him as an equal until he makes more money  than her.   She shares that trait with Myrla, although she is very different than her in other ways. I also think that Stacia sees Nate as a  possession rather than a person.  She ignores his wishes if they differ from hers. It’s as if he’s that tray  she kept on her bed, expecting it to be in the same spot until  she moves it 

Were all the wives instructed to create a written list of grievances? It seems cruel to read it on television.  

Edited by mythoughtis
Because same is not spelled sane
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Ugh, I didn't catch all that, that's pretty awful.  I wanted to give her more credit than that.  She put on an act of being far more strong and independent, plus I never got the impression that she was ever in love with Mitch, but I guess her marriage and baby clock is ticking so loud that isn't even a prerequisite for her anymore.   I'm disappointed in her.

All this is why I keep asking what happened with her previous boyfriends.  A woman that good should have been married way before this.  Everyone was pushing for her to be with Mitch.  Didn’t he say in the end “let me be”. ?  She never stopped pushing in more ways than one.  Krysten’s last try was the dress she wore to dinner.  Her boobs were way past the table.  A bit much I’d say and a little embarrassing.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1

Miguel is almost like a split personality. Cold and  calculating, but he writes romantic drivel. And wants to be praised endlessly for it. Plus plays dungeons and dragons in costume. 

Mitch looks like he borrowed his decision day clothing.  His pants are too short, and I’m not sure what shoes he has on, but they don’t match his clothes. Regardless of what he says, he has no desire to  be married to anyone. It interferes with how he chooses to spend his days. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I just find Lindy's voice to be super annoying. It has such a whiny tone to it. But other than that, I think she acts reasonably. Miguel's personality during the getaway was scary and I would've said no just based on that alone.

She literally just went under his health insurance so I doubt she was ever going to choose divorce that quickly after.

Agree about the deserving more comment. It was like Alyssa of last season constantly saying she was a good person. People who are good people don't need to say it and justify it 100 x a day. They just know they are.

I like Krysten. I think she's sweet and would be a good friend. But leaving the door open didn't make sense. The man is 41? years old. It's not like he's a 25 year old that just needs time to mature. He matured as much as he's ever going to. He also spent 8 weeks with you which should have been the honeymoon stage but it wasn't . Just move on, close all doors and find someone you have more in common with and a better connection to.

I’m surprised she didn’t become pregnant with Mitch all this time.

I don’t think Justin is the one that has trouble communicating- it’s Alexis.  That after conversation on decision day was  pitiful on her part.  She said yes ‘to time’ and then got annoyed because Justin called her on the fact that she didn’t really say yes to the marriage.  And she got defensive. Like Stacia, Alexis doesn’t believe her spouse should have opinions of his own. 
The conversation at the couples get together was even worse.  ‘the best of her ability ‘ isn’t very good. 

Morgan should have buttoned  a couple more top buttons on her blouse. 

I did not think that Krysten seriously expected Mitch to ‘come -a-knocking’, but then she reacted with a loud Wow after he answered Alexis’s question.  She deserves someone that wants to be married to her - and Mitch doesn’t want to be married to anyone.  I think there was some  off screen conversation that includes comments from him that were confusing to her.  He obviously wanted to stay friends with benefits with Krysten( all that touching he did walking away from decision day) , but she needs to avoid him at all costs for her own mental health. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

The thing that confuses me with this show is when one person says yes and one says no. Like, isn't this something you would discuss with each other off camera? Why would anyone not talk about what their decisions will be , that way no one is left hanging or embarrassed.

I think they must.  When has it happened that one said no and the other yes?  The only time I remember was that idiot Sam whose husband (forget his name) said no and she had a fit - but I think he did that out of revenge for how she treated him 😄

• Like 1

A woman that good should have been married way before this.

Bullshit.

I am an excellent "catch." I was 45 when I got married. It pisses me off that people still believe that "good" women who want to get married can find a good match within a certain timeframe. It's really tough out there! That's why people supposedly go on this show in the first place. 

She said yes ‘to time’ and then got annoyed because Justin called her on the fact that she didn’t really say yes to the marriage.

I thought that all of Alexis's caveats were unnecessary, but then I think decision day is overplayed in the first place. The choice on that day, just like any other day, is to stay married or get a divorce. The only difference about it being on that specific day is that it's the end of the season and the show pays (we think) for the divorce if the couples choose it on that day. That's all. Every couple that says yes on decision day is saying yes to more time - many of them go on to divorce later. 

Bullshit.

Ok. That was curt and I apologize. But this trope really pushes my buttons. Women (and men) who marry later in life are no less "good" than their counterparts who marry earlier in life. Some of us are lucky to find ideal partner earlier; some later. Some not at all.

When has it happened that one said no and the other yes?

Oh. OH! This is right on the edge of my memory and I just can't come up with it, but wasn't there a really awful husband matched with a pretty nice wife and he sort of surprised people by saying "yes" and she held her ground with no? Am I thinking of the Satan-incarnate Chris who allegedly impregnated another woman right before his wedding to Paige, continued to gaslight her all season and then tried to tell her on Decision Day that he was afraid he was falling in love with her? Puke and Kate, maybe? Mindy and the loser she was matched with?

I’m surprised she didn’t become pregnant with Mitch all this time.

With Miguel, you mean? Because Mitch getting Lindy pregnant would be a first for this show...

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Oh. OH! This is right on the edge of my memory and I just can't come up with it, but wasn't there a really awful husband matched with a pretty nice wife and he sort of surprised people by saying "yes" and she held her ground with no? Am

I can't remember their names, but about 5-6 seasons ago there was a pretty nice guy (wore a onesie on honeymoon night to crack up his wife and lighten the tension), tall, dark hair, slender..... and a bitchy wife who came around too late to his being a nice guy. She said yes, he said no. She went back to full bitch mode IIRC.

ETA: Neil & Sam!

09CB0B44-9138-4767-8C45-88A9E1C33B89.webp

Edited by TeapotWakeen
Remembered his name, found photo

Morgan showed up with her shirt unbuttoned to her navel, with her hair all curled, makeup applied, to show off.  She was way too hard on Binh.

Krysten asking Mitch to watch the dog is cringey.  His decision was said in the nicest possible way, and sometimes, a really nice rejection is taken as a door ajar from the rejectee. 

Krysten, find a great doggie daycare place, or hire someone.  Let Mitch go find his makeup-free surfer girl with long braids & board shorts.

Krysten & Mitch remind me of a friend of mine who dated a "Mitch" many years ago.  He found his active gal and is happily married for many years now.  When my friend looks back on it, she realizes she was so poorly matched with him.  His honeymoon with his makeup-free gal was a 10-day mountain bike ride, whereas my friend is a better suited to evenings at a nice restaurant and a play.

Alexis is such a scary creature.  Giggly and happy until she flips.  You can watch her transitions, as she almost snaps into this grim being, and then nothing and no one will make her happy.  Justin, you are now free to find a girl to love on.  

Miguel is another scary one.  Wow.  Reciting poetry one minute, snapping because the wrong thing was said in the wrong way the next.  Slipping into alter egos, flipping between sweet, romantic guy and shut-down, almost rageaholic.  Put on your bear costume thing and become someone else, then come back.  Split personalities indeed.

Lindy is annoying, and her emotional outbursts are triggered by Miguel's transitions.  Explosions ahead.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Krysten asking Mitch to watch the dog is cringey.  His decision was said in the nicest possible way, and sometimes, a really nice rejection is taken as a door ajar from the rejectee. 

I think she was being sarcastic. He had just commented that ‘even with the door closed, I would still like us to be friends, help each other out, and keep in touch, etc’.  So her snarky response was that she needed a dog sitter for her upcoming camping trip.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I think they must.  When has it happened that one said no and the other yes?  The only time I remember was that idiot Sam whose husband (forget his name) said no and she had a fit - but I think he did that out of revenge for how she treated him 😄

Let’s not forget that nut job Iris who said yes, while Keith said no. Best decision he ever made. And Iris’ mother telling her to jump on that fine specimen since she was married, after all. Iris is likely still single and immature.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

To recap, each spouse in the marriage gave the same decision until the after decision meetup. I guess they both said divorce then, too. 🤣 Alexis said she was done & Justin said that meant divorce. I thought Justin was the pessimistic one, so for him to say their arguments are nbd & they can figure it out was confusing, maybe he changed his negative thinking. I could see from her expressions she was quickly reaching her limit. Interesting hearing, "I'm done," again after not hearing it for weeks. Speaking of reverting back... 🥴😅

14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think she was being sarcastic. He had just commented that ‘even with the door closed, I would still like us to be friends, help each other out, and keep in touch, etc’.  So her snarky response was that she needed a dog sitter for her upcoming camping trip.    

Normally I'd agree, but with the amount of times she wanted it known that she's open to him in the future makes me think she was being serious.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I do not feel that Stacia sees Nate as  an equal.  I think she will never see him as an equal until he makes more money  than her.   She shares that trait with Myrla, although she is very different than her in other ways. I also think that Stacia sees Nate as a  possession rather than a person.  She ignores his wishes if they differ from hers. It’s as if he’s that tray  she kept on her bed, expecting it to be in the sane spot until  she moves it 

Were all the wives instructed to create a written list of grievances? It seems cruel to read it on television.  

Well, Alexa thinks she’s special.  A leader of the pack.

• LOL 1
17 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Normally I'd agree, but with the amount of times she wanted it known that she's open to him in the future makes me think she was being serious.

From what I’ve seen lately, the woman has no shame.  It is obvious he is not interested in her.  She has to let go.  Maybe she’ll be a stalker on the beach.  We don’t know her past.

It's disturbing the couples didn't discuss their decisions and were undecided on the last day. 2 out of 5 with the reunion to go. Maybe they stay together. Stacia & Lindy are super committed.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:36 AM, Boo Boo said:

Also, for my cannasisters, watching Alexis and Justin argue while stoned is super hilarious.

Haven't watched it yet but how can anybody argue when stoned?

If we both have a gummy at the weekend in this house we think everything the other does or says is fucking hysterical.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Haven't watched it yet but how can anybody argue when stoned?

If we both have a gummy at the weekend in this house we think everything the other does or says is fucking hysterical.

Ha ha, I should've said, I was watching stoned and their argument was hilariousQ

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Poor stupid Krysten. Mitch did a nice break up speech and she had to start with that door ajar shit. Then he realized he better shut it down completely. I mean what does the guy have to say? Her bulgy eyes and irritating voice don’t cut it for him? 
I can’t imagine anyone else thinking Alexis is a goddess with that stomach bulge. I don’t see her finding happiness, she complains way too much. 
Poor Miguel. What the hell is wrong with him? He can’t possibly want to listen to her voice and the bullshit she spouts day in and day in. 
Nate and Stacia were adorable but I am scared looking at the reunion preview.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Poor stupid Krysten. Mitch did a nice break up speech and she had to start with that door ajar shit. Then he realized he better shut it down completely. I mean what does the guy have to say? Her bulgy eyes and irritating voice don’t cut it for him? 
I can’t imagine anyone else thinking Alexis is a goddess with that stomach bulge. I don’t see her finding happiness, she complains way too much. 
Poor Miguel. What the hell is wrong with him? He can’t possibly want to listen to her voice and the bullshit she spouts day in and day in. 
Nate and Stacia were adorable but I am scared looking at the reunion preview.

I don’t believe any of them will make it.  Production is trying to save face.

• Like 1

I can’t imagine anyone else thinking Alexis is a goddess with that stomach bulge. 

I find her personality to be totally off-putting but not everyone likes a stick-thin figure. There are plenty of men out there who would LOVE Alexis's body type, as it should be.

@ELIZZIKRA Gawd, that woman. Don't know how Keith hung in there.

Well he did get out as soon as he could on D-day... Can't say I blame him. I thought Iris was beautiful but she irked the hell out of me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I find her personality to be totally off-putting but not everyone likes a stick-thin figure. There are plenty of men out there who would LOVE Alexis's body type, as it should be.

I don’t think stick thin is goddess like either. Justin clearly loved Alexis’ figure, he commented on it a lot throughout the season. I’m being critical because she was mean and shitty. 

• Love 3