Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Family Matters

• Start Topic

it happens all the time...Corey can call  24/7 all he wants, the insurance company will deny them unless there is pressure from the doctor and letters and proof that she really needs the chair.

Of course it happens all the time.  I understood where Cory was coming from and I could see where Leah was coming from. It is a very frustrating situation especially when one puts so much money into their health insurance, makes their co-pays and when the doctors and the office do their part to provide information.  I do feel Leah and Cory could have looked into renting a mobile chair in the meantime.

I  hate how Jeremy and Leah put the blame on Cory, as if he has magical powers and is just not using them. Those two a-holes are making Cory out to be some kind of demon, and that kind of shit really upsets me simply because Cory has done an outstanding job thus far. Leah could have ended up with an asshole as the father of her kids.

As for Leah allowing that twin child of hers to play on it, just proves one of the things that Cory is afraid of - that the mobile chair would be looked upon as a toy and a novelty rather than a much-needed device for Goggle's needs. The other child should be told up front that it is not a toy and what it is for. Now, Goggles and her will fight over it like it is a toy. I read a link on the other thread and it appears Leah is going to buy her twin a small 4-wheeler of some sort just so that she is not feeling "left out" because of Goggles having a motorized chair. I can see it now. Leah's twin will try to crash into her sister's chair, play drag races,  spray hair spray all over it, something crazy. That child is as annoying as Leah.

I assume he disobeyed the law and showed up at Aubree's practice, having to drive himself because of all of her phone calls to him about why he ISN'T there and didn't want to get a bad rap on MTV for being a "deadbeat" dad for not coming.

As if Adam really cares what anyone thinks about him. Look at all the terrible things he has said and done on camera prior. Adam didn't want to look like a dead-beat dad for not going to the practice??? He didn't care about calling Aubree a "bastard" when she was a toddler. 

If Adam drove there himself, that is on him, no one else. He wasn't forced by gunpoint to drive to the practice, and just going by all that has been put out there about Adam's rap sheet, he is the one who gives two fucks about the law and continues to disobey the rules of the road. It wasn't Chelsea who caused him to go over the speed limit and crash into two innocent elderly people. It wasn't Chelsea who put the alcohol in his system when he was caught with a DUI...THREE TIMES. That is all on Adam. I seriously doubt 100 percent he felt the need to drive over to the practice simply because Chelsea texted him and phoned him 100 times. How many times in the past did she text him and phone him, leaving him countless messages about picking up his daughter for his visitation, and he never showed up?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4

Here's the thing with Adam not showing up to the practice.

#1 - He wasn't a father across town at work or another engagement that couldn't make it.  He's a father who told his little girl he would be there and he was asleep instead.

#2 - While I got the joke, since it was mentioned, it may have been just a practice, but he apparently expressed to Aubree he would be there.  And he wasn't.  So it doesn't matter if it was her walking down the sidewalk.  He should have been there or kept his damn mouth shut.

#3 - Chelsea was quick to jump and absolutely had a leg to stand on.  This wasn't the first time Adam skipped out on his kid and disappointed her in doing so.  He has a track record for doing it.  Chelsea is young and will figure out how to not let him get under her skin when he upsets Aubree.  Hell, my best friend is almost 40 and still has a problem not getting livid whenever her deadbeat, asshole ex disappoints one of her kids.  Give her a chance.  She'll learn.  So will Aubree.

#4 - Whether he was a dad who was into sports or not...I repeat....He told her he would be there.  So he should've been.  Or at least he should've come up with a better excuse for why he wasn't.  

Adam doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Aubree.  It's two steps forward, one step back with him.  And Chelsea is 100% in the right to be concerned and overbearing whenever her daughter is with him.  He's clearly shown himself unconcerned with Aubree's well being so why would Chelsea trust him (or apparently his parents) at his word that he doesn't drive with Aubree in the car.

I'm about over that asshole and the way he treats and talks to Chelsea.  Regardless of her issues, she has a reason to take issue with him.  If I was her I wouldn't let my kid near him either.  I can't believe a court is even considering it after he's had HOW MANY DUI's?  I've known fathers who've done much less and don't get squat with their kids.  

• Love 8

I don't believe Adumb told Aubree he would be there.  Chelsea told Aubree he would be there.  I assume Chelsea told Adumb when the practice was and probably said he would be there.  Chelsea should have kept her mouth shut, but she didn't and told Aubree he would be there.  Once practice time came, I assume Adumb didn't haven't a ride there and didn't go (he slept instead or whatever), because in the next scene you see Adumb showing up  alone.  So it's ok for Adumb to drive around when Chelsea sees fit.  She knows he isn't supposed to drive.

• Love 1

Adam doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Aubree.  It's two steps forward, one step back with him.  And Chelsea is 100% in the right to be concerned and overbearing whenever her daughter is with him.  He's clearly shown himself unconcerned with Aubree's well being so why would Chelsea trust him (or apparently his parents) at his word that he doesn't drive with Aubree in the car.

I'm about over that asshole and the way he treats and talks to Chelsea.  Regardless of her issues, she has a reason to take issue with him.  If I was her I wouldn't let my kid near him either.  I can't believe a court is even considering it after he's had HOW MANY DUI's?  I've known fathers who've done much less and don't get squat with their kids.  

I agree, but WAY BACK WHEN, Chelsea had the opportunity delivered to her on a silver platter to rid him of Aubree's life and she hounded him to be a part of Aubree's life because she wanted Aubree to have a Daddy.   Well, she got what she wished for - deadbeat loser, so now she has to live with it.  

Any sane person would have dumped his ass the minute he finished texting that Aubree was a "mistake" and he never wanted anything to do with her.

You reap what you sow, Chelsea.

• Love 2

I don't believe his being an asshole is some kind of karmic retribution for her wanting her daughter to have a father.  I also don't believe Chelsea's insistence that he be a part of Aubree's life absolves him of shit.  He apparently told SOMEONE he would be there.  He should've found a way there.  Not being able to drive because you're a moron who has absolutely no sense of right and wrong doesn't mean you get out of your responsibilities and just decide to sleep instead.  "Sorry boss, couldn't make it for my shift because I didn't have a ride...so I slept instead.  You understand right?"  Pfffft.....

He got what he wished for as well.  He's fighting so hard for visitation, well Chelsea asking questions to ensure the safety of her daughter is what he gets to live with.

You reap what you sow, Adam.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 6

I think what bothered me about Adam's tardiness at the practice was his reaction when Chelsea finally woke him up.

I think a normal parent's reaction to disappointing their child would have been more of an "OH SHIT, I fell asleep, I'll be there as quick as I can!!!"

But with Adam....no emotional reaction whatsoever.  More of an 'eh, oh well, I'll get there when I get there."  

Yes, anybody can accidentally doze off and be late to an event, so I won't even judge him for that...But I will judge him for his reaction at finding out he had essentially missed the entire practice.  

I actually didn't think he'd bother to show up at all, and I can't help but wonder if that very abbreviated 30-second appearance was harder on Aubree than had he not shown up at all.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1
Ok folks, I need a reality check. Is it normal for 4 year olds to play softball with real cleats and all? Seems over the top to me.

My 6-year-old son has worn soccer cleats for the last three years of soccer practice. But I have no idea what they typically wear for baseball.

"Jace, no going home with mommy if you crunch those crackers!" You mean Jenelle is a REWARD?

Right? I'd be throwing crackers all over the damn place on the regular. 

• Love 1

I am on my lunch right now so, I don't have much time to post all my thoughts about the latest episode, however, I had to chime in on this matter about Adam.

So it's ok for Adumb to drive around when Chelsea sees fit.  She knows he isn't supposed to drive.

I never once heard Chelsea say that to Adam.  Since when is driving an automobile the only way one can get around? There are buses, taxis, and asking someone for a ride.  Adam has had his driver's license suspended, but it doesn't stop him from driving around. I remember having to use bus transportation to get to work when my car was being repaired at a shop for one week. I did it because my kids and my mortgage depended on it. If I had to walk somewhere to take my kids to a practice, that's what I would have done.

but WAY BACK WHEN

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...that is in the past. In the present, Adam fought for visitation with his child. Being a parent is not a part-time job. If he fought to have Aubree, then he needs to get with the program, although I don't think he has any interest with being a proper parent. Judging by his actions with Aubree, and now with Paislee, I don't think these children deserve to be treated shabbily simply because Chelsea and Taylor made the choice to have these children. Children should never have o pay the price for the wrongs committed by others. One day Aubree will see her father for what he is. If he doesn't kill himself first while driving.

Edited by GreatKazu

I don't think Chelsea had any way of knowing Adumb would turn out to be a worthless deadbeat of a father, since he hadn't procreated before Aubree.  Now Taylor, she had all this evidence in front of her in the form of Teen Mom 2 episodes, but she (apparently) chose to go the route of so many young (and not-so-young) women..."well, he may have been like that with her, but he'd never do that to ME!  Because he truly loves ME!!"  And I agree, just because those two young women chose him to procreate with doesn't let him off the hook.  

My dad was a deadbeat, but I never blamed my mom for what HE chose to do (or not to do).  And yes, we kids had to pay the price, and now he's reaping what HE sowed...3 of my dad's 4 children do not acknowledge he's even on the planet.  And that's what Adumb has to look forward to.  Not that Adumb cares now (and my dad didn't care at the time because he didn't believe it would ever happen), but now my dad is in his 70s and does not have a relationship with any of his beautiful grandchildren.  

So Adumb, go ahead and act like a piece of shit now, and when you're old and completely bald and no one loves you, don't go crying to anyone because YOU created this.

• Love 2

All this talk about what Chelsea should have done FOUR YEARS AGO and way back when, who was it who filed visitation documents LAST year? Not Chelsea.  If Adam doesn't  want to be a father to Aubree, deal with her on any level, attend a practice or her games (didn't he miss one of her birthday parties?) then HE should not have bothered with filing visitation documents. He instigated that and now, he is bound to have to deal with Chelsea until Aubree is a legal adult. If he is being annoyed at those texts and phone calls, oh well! That's what happens when one wants to play "daddy" and involve the courts. The court order is not about when he can pick and choose to be a father.

It smells like there is dislike for Chelsea, nothing more.  I admit, that girl gets on my nerves as well, but I am not going to side with Adam or put blame on Chelsea or slam her for buying a house simply because I dislike her at times. If they do something wrong I will call them out on that shit. If they do something good, more power to them. 

Adam is always fucking up, and poor Aubree is the one who suffers for it.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

SPLAIN, I think Adam is one of those guys who wants to be involved as long as fatherhood doesn't: a) inconvenience his life any, b) infringe upon his time drinking and partying with friends, c) affect his ability to hook up with future baby mamas and d) come with any expectations regarding time, effort, consistency etc. Other than that, he's like, totally in!

• Love 5

^^ I totally agree. I think one of the biggest reasons Adam decided to go for visitation was to make hisself look like Dad of the Year with Taylor. So he could play the "look at how my baby momma tries to keep me from being a good dad" card.

I think the other part was to screw with Chelsea. Very little of the visitation has to actually do with being bothered with visiting Aubree.

• Love 2

Excuse me, did I miss an episode? Was Adam held at gunpoint by his parents? Did an episode air showing the grandparents going to the courthouse or speaking about how it was their decision to file for visitation?

I clearly remember Adam speaking about filing for visitation and his reasons for doing so. Never did I see his parents on screen.

Do his parents go to court for him too for all those DUIs? Do they go to jail for him too?

Seriously?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Adam is apparently never to blame for anything and only pushed into acting like an asshole because Chelsea pushes him there and acting like a father because that's what his parents or new baby mama expect out of him.

For someone who's such a dickwad, you'd think he'd have more control over his life.

All I can say is if he thinks Chelsea is difficult and a bitch at times, he'd love dealing with me.  I would be up his ass constantly when he had Aubree in his possession.  And if he violated ANY PART (even something as seemingly small as calling me to tell me where they were) of our agreement he'd be talking to a cop.  You don't play with my child's life.  I don't give a shit if you are the father.

• Love 4

I cannot believe that Chelsea is so despised to the point that Adam is being defended and pretty much, being absolved of any of his douche behavior. That is questionable to me and let me say, pretty offensive, as a minor child is the one who is being treated like a pile of dirt. She is the one who is suffering, not Chelsea. 

May I add to the above list of questions...Did Adam's parents push him into having sex with Chelsea and achieving orgasm? Were they there when he had sex with Taylor and did the same and brought another child into this world?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Count me in as one who doesn't get why not being there for every practice scars a child or makes the parent a crappy one.  My mom worked when I was in school.  As such, she was never able to make it to any of my after school extra curriculars.  Now, nighttime games are one thing, but after school practice?  For the working parent, that's not really possible.  If I recall (high school was quite a while ago) there were never really any parents there, maybe one or two.  Not to mention the fact that I always gave those parents that were at EVERY practice the side-eye.  Helicopter much?  I mean, it's practice

Of course, Chelsea should've never mentioned to Aubrey that Adam was coming.  As soon as she said it I was thinking "well that's stupid, you haven't even heard back from him yet!!"  I'm sure that was done subconsciously on purpose.  She wants Aubrey to see what a POS Adam is.  I can't really blame her.  I mean, can you imagine if your kid loved your loser ex despite him being a total loser of a dad?  It'd be frustrating for sure. That's only going to hurt Audrey, though.

And Kail.  Ugh.  I was thinking during her breastfeeding debacle "just give the kid a bottle!  You've already pumped them before!!"  I don't know why she was being so stubborn about it.  He has clearly taken a bottle before since she's pumped one.  But Kail is the ultimate martyr after all. 

I just can't with Jenelle.  Little Kaiser roll will either be with Barbara or in foster care by the end of the year. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 1

Do his parents go to court for him too for all those DUIs? Do they go to jail for him too?

“Visitation is supposed to be under the supervision of Adam’s parents, but I don’t think they take it seriously either and let him take her when he pleases.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/teen-mom-2-chelsea-houska-adam-lind-aubree-custody-agreement-changes-jail/

http://on.mtv.com/1z3RIFV

Edited by JerseyGirl

I don't think anyone is really defending Adam. The criticism towards Chelsea seems to be that, given Adam's history of blowing off his daughter, it may have been prudent to not tell Aubree that Adam was coming to the practice. That way if he shows up it's a great surprise for her, if he doesn't she's no worse for wear. Ultimately Adam is the jerk because he didn't keep his word, but Chelsea needs to smarten up a little, recognize that this type of behavior is a pattern and do what she can to minimize the hurt it causes Aubree. It's not like Adam was ever this great guy to begin with who turned into a smug bastard once he became a father; his true colors were obvious on 16&P. 

• Love 6
Count me in as one who doesn't get why not being there for every practice scars a child or makes the parent a crappy one.  My mom worked when I was in school

I don't think it was implied that Adam had to be at every practice. Yes, your mom worked, as do many other parents, but Adam was asleep. He was not at work. He didn't have a valid excuse like Cory did when he couldn't go to Goggle's appointment for the chair.  I don't equate being at every child's practice as being a "helicopter parent" either. I attended all my kids' practices and games because I wanted to and I had a great time being with other parents. Nothing like going to a practice after work to watch my kid have a blast with a sport that they love. It was also a great stress-reliever from work. 

I think Chelsea wanted Adam to show an interest at least for the first practice of his daughter, not that she expects him to be at every single practice. It was an exciting moment, at least for Aubree and Chelsea. Nothing like watching your child do his/her firsts. There are going to be more practices for sure, and I hope Aubree has a great time playing softball. She will eventually learn over time that Adam is not like other fathers, such as Cory, who takes parenthood seriously.

“Visitation is supposed to be under the supervision of Adam’s parents, but I don’t think they take it seriously either and let him take her when he pleases.”

Not sure what this has to do with my comment.

• Love 1

but Adam was asleep. He was not at work. He didn't have a valid excuse

Cannot be said enough.

And it wasn't just one practice.  Couple that with every other time he's skipped out on Aubree and Chelsea absolutely has a reason to be pissed off he didn't show.

• Love 2

I was thinking during her breastfeeding debacle "just give the kid a bottle!  You've already pumped them before!!"  I don't know why she was being so stubborn about it.  He has clearly taken a bottle before since she's pumped one.  But Kail is the ultimate martyr after all.

It's not that simple. I breastfed both my kids and my body responded very differently to actual breastfeeding than it did to a pump. It used to take me multiple pumping sessions to get one 4 oz bottle, generally only getting an ounce each time I pumped, whereas my babies were getting a TON of milk when they actually nursed. Also, with the cameras there, she couldn't have gone off to privately pump, and her body might have been even less likely to release milk for the pump if she couldn't relax. Not to mention the fact that if she wanted to continue breastfeeding for Lincoln's first year or longer, pumping and giving him bottles while he's having trouble latching will only make the problem worse. I agree with those who said it was one of those times when doing her job (meaning filming for Teen Mom 2) was getting in the way of her being able to truly parent the way she would if she were alone. Without the cameras, she could have been topless and in bed with Lincoln, quietly working with him on nursing, instead of on the couch in multiple layers with a bunch of people in the room.

Onto another topic, did Leah say Corey's dad was taking Ali to her physical therapy because she (Leah) had to work? I didn't realize she was working this season other than being on the show and selling Mary Kay.

With regard to Chelsea, Adam, and Aubree's practice, I don't think practices in general are a big deal, but this was the FIRST one... the first time your daughter is in little cleats, running around the field, hitting the ball. I think it was important to Chelsea because it was another first Adam missed.

• Love 3
And it wasn't just one practice.  Couple that with every other time he's skipped out on Aubree and Chelsea absolutely has a reason to be pissed off he didn't show.

Exactly. He has a real history of being flaky. Adumb seems to want to come and go as HE pleases, and has no concern for the fact that his young daughter needs stability. Yes, Chelsea needs to learn to manage the situation better in an effort to protect Aubrey. But as she gets older, she's going to notice he doesn't come to things that he could/should come to, and that she is not his top priority. He sucks. 

Onto another topic, did Leah say Corey's dad was taking Ali to her physical therapy because she (Leah) had to work? I didn't realize she was working this season other than being on the show and selling Mary Kay.

She works at a tanning salon. She had her grandma watch the kids a few times while she went to work, and her famous dozing-off episode happened whilst at work (albeit on the non-work-related phone call). 

• Love 2

Exactly, Chelsea shouldn't have told Aubree that her father was showing up to practice.  She knows he's a flake, this isn't the first time he disappointed Aubree.  Why set Aubree  up for disappointment, so in the long run Aubree learns to resent him?  Aubree is being used in a tug of war between these two.

Why set Aubree  up for disappointment, so in the long run Aubree learns to resent him?

I am certain Aubree will come to resent Adam whether Chelsea tells her daughter anything or not because it is Adam's actions, not Chelsea's words, that Aubree will base her feelings on.  Kids in these types of situations almost always end up resenting the absent and flakey parent.  Even a poster here gave her own personal experience on that issue.  I have personally known kids who  learn to resent their parent for not being in their lives the way they should be.  That doesn't mean Aubree won't love her dad, but she will eventually get accustomed to Adam not showing up, being late, giving excuse after excuse, it will eventually become the norm for her.  I do agree Chelsea needs to learn to stop telling her daughter whether dad will be there or not. As long as Chelsea and other people are there for Aubree, that is all that matters. No need to tell her dad may show up.

All those phone calls and conversations in Aubree's presence also needs to stop. Chelsea thinks by spelling words and omitting certain words from her conversations with people about Adam, Aubree won't know who she is referencing. Aubree knows, she is listening and she will put the pieces together. Reminds me of the adult conversations that took place within ear shot when I was growing up. I heard things about certain relatives that I had no business hearing.

As for the rest of the episode, I feel bad for Kail and the whole breast-feeding issue. Been there, done that. It must be hard to try and feed with the camera people there. But, didn't Kail realize she signed up for another season? Making that choice, she knew she would have cameras around her and the privacy she would need, won't be available. Again, the girl does not think long-term when she makes her choices.

As for the matter that she couldn't just pump right then and there, she could have done it when Lincoln was asleep and be prepared in the event he wouldn't latch. Kail has already pumped milk before. It wasn't as if it would be her first time. She could go into the bathroom or behind close doors. It isn't as if Kail hasn't shut the door on MTV cameras before. Remember when she took Jo into her bedroom when she decided to cheat on Jordan?

Does Kail breastfeed topless with Isaac around? Or, does she go into her bedroom with the door shut and leaves Isaac alone?

Either Leah has some bad allergies or she is a coke fiend. She sounded like she had her nose stuffed. Her skin looked terrible. I even noticed how her nails were all stubby. She was chewing on one of her fingers. I wasn't sure if she was chewing off the acrylic residue from her fake nails or if she was chewing on her own nails. I wouldn't doubt it since there were barely nails there on her fingers. No wonder she goes to get manicures and fake nails. Her nails looked horrible. She should be careful about getting those manicures and fake nails put on those stubby nails. She might get them infected.

Cory - PROPS! That's all.

"I don't know who in this shitfoolery scares me more with their delusions: Farrah or Jenelle and Nathan. I'm terrified of all three and if I ever found out any of them were living near me, I would haul ass, leaving my stuff behind if it meant I could leave faster."

Hee. I'm moving out of South Carolina, current home of Jenelle and Nathan. If my idol, BARB, would move here and I could see her at the WM deli, I might reconsider.

I'm for bringing back the original Teen Moms, if only to see the clusterfuck that will be Tyler and Catelynn's pregnancy. We'd have the return of Snarlin' darlin' Butch and meth head April and the inevitable reunion with Carly, unless she and her parents have gone into the Witness Protection Program to get away from those psychos.

Plus, I vote for the return of Hot Baby Daddy Ryan and his parents (the best grandparents of all the Teen Moms/Dads), along with the Gar-Bear and Hot Mess Amber. My question is who's raising Leah now? Dogs? Wolves? Whatever. We all know what Farrah's doing so they don't need to bring her back or in the back door. Hee.

• Love 1

I don't think it was implied that Adam had to be at every practice. Yes, your mom worked, as do many other parents, but Adam was asleep. He was not at work. He didn't have a valid excuse like Cory did when he couldn't go to Goggle's appointment for the chair.  I don't equate being at every child's practice as being a "helicopter parent" either. I attended all my kids' practices and games because I wanted to and I had a great time being with other parents. Nothing like going to a practice after work to watch my kid have a blast with a sport that they love. It was also a great stress-reliever from work. 

I think Chelsea wanted Adam to show an interest at least for the first practice of his daughter, not that she expects him to be at every single practice. It was an exciting moment, at least for Aubree and Chelsea. Nothing like watching your child do his/her firsts. There are going to be more practices for sure, and I hope Aubree has a great time playing softball. She will eventually learn over time that Adam is not like other fathers, such as Cory, who takes parenthood seriously.

Not sure what this has to do with my comment.

I was responding to the previous poster who expressed sympathy towards kids whose parents weren't at every practice like she was for her kids.  There was a discourse going about it when I posted that, but a number of posts showed up between that conversation and my post.  I suppose I should've used the quote button. ;)    I stand by my thoughts that Chelsea should know better than to get Aubree excited about anything having to do with Adam ahead of time.  It's been four years,  he hasn't changed.  She's not new, you know?  She's just hurting Aubree with that. 

• Love 4

I don't believe Adumb told Aubree he would be there.  Chelsea told Aubree he would be there.  I assume Chelsea told Adumb when the practice was and probably said he would be there.  Chelsea should have kept her mouth shut, but she didn't and told Aubree he would be there.  Once practice time came, I assume Adumb didn't haven't a ride there and didn't go (he slept instead or whatever), because in the next scene you see Adumb showing up  alone.  So it's ok for Adumb to drive around when Chelsea sees fit.  She knows he isn't supposed to drive.

Did I miss the part when Chelsea said she thought Adumb should attend the practice and get there however he could even if it meant breaking the law and driving? Also, for all we know, Aubree may have asked Chelsea if her father was coming to the game or he may have told the little girl he'd be there. We can't assume that she just announced, Daddy's coming, especially knowing how unreliable the asshole is.

Leah gets on my nerves. As someone has already said, they need to make it clear that the wheelchair is to never be shared and is not a toy.

Did I miss the part when Chelsea said she thought Adumb should attend the practice and get there however he could even if it meant breaking the law and driving? Also, for all we know, Aubree may have asked Chelsea if her father was coming to the game or he may have told the little girl he'd be there. We can't assume that she just announced, Daddy's coming, especially knowing how unreliable the asshole is.

sounds like you missed that part, it was as she was putting Aubree in her car seat to take her over to practice.  you can see it again here at  the 1:20 mark

http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_mom_2/ep-19-recap/1073506/video/#id=1730376

Chelsea:  Guess who's coming to your T-ball practice.

Aubree:  What.

Chelsea:  Daddy.

Aubree:  Dadddddy!!!!!

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

Lezlers:

My comment was not to your post, but to the poster who posted links about Adam's parents and the visitation situation. I have no clue why that was posted in response to my comments. Sorry if you thought I was referencing your comments. I wasn't.

Chelsea:  Guess who's coming to your T-ball practice.

Aubree:  What.

Chelsea:  Daddy.

Aubree:  Dadddddy!!!!!

This doesn't mean Adam didn't have a conversation with Aubree and/or Chelsea beforehand, in a scene that may not have been filmed or was edited out. Some episodes, there have been times when Adam said one thing and then changed his mind.

Chelsea just needs to not say anything to Aubree anymore. Let that fall on Adam's shoulders to have to explain to himself to his daughter.

In case it has been forgotten, remember that episode where Adam told Chelsea AND Aubree he would pick her up on a certain day, and when that day came, Chelsea was texting him and calling him, getting no response. Aubree was already dressed and ready to go with her dad. A short time later (per editing), Adam texted Chelsea and told her he was "too tired" and wouldn't pick up Aubree. Chelsea found out via his Facebook page that he was going out with friends that evening.  She then texted him his daughter was waiting for him and that she would be disappointed. Adam's response to her was, "I am not disappointing Aubree, I am disappointing YOU."  

There was that other moment when Adam went over to Chelsea's place and he went on and on telling Aubree he was going to take her somewhere, as he held her, Chelsea told him no. Adam kept saying he was and seemed to be taunting Chelsea and Aubree. Then, he turned around and told Aubree he would take her another day and walked out.

Apparently, Adam's agenda is to hurt both Chelsea and Aubree, as if they are at fault for even existing and being in his life. Abusive asshole.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

And still to this day, Chelsea is setting up Aubree for disappointment.  She should know by now not to say anything to Aubree about what her father's plans are, nor should she be talking about him in Aubree's presence.

I don't think it was implied that Adam had to be at every practice. Yes, your mom worked, as do many other parents, but Adam was asleep. He was not at work.

Exactly! 

1. He was sleeping, not working.  How bad does that make a kid feel?  "Sorry honey but my nap was more important."

2. It wasn't just a regular every day practice - it was her FIRST ONE. I wouldn't expect him to be there every time but the first practice?  Yeah, I would hope he could make the effort.

I do wish Chelsea hadn't told Aubree anything about him even possibly being there, but I still think it's on Adam for letting his child down.

(as an aside, it is spelled Aubree right?  I keep seeing it all different ways and doubting myself)