Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Family Matters

• Start Topic

I didn't watch this episode yet, but thank you for posting the Kail/Javi picture. I kept seeing half of it in last week's episode, and I was just so confused/intrigued about it.

Still not sure why anyone would want the picture though...

Chelsea will eventually learn not to get Aubree's hopes up by telling her Adumb will be there when 9 times out 10 he'll flake. Aubree did kick butt in practice though, it was nice to see her having so much fun.

I think she'll figure it out eventually as well. It can be hard not to tell your child something that might excite them and make them happy. But ultimately we know Chelsea wants what's best for Aubree. She can be a slow learner, but she usually gets it.

• Love 2

Ugh, of course Leah's letting Gracie use the wheelchair. She's a pushover. If I were Ali I'd be throwing fits about that! Get Gracie a scooter or something, because next thing you know Ali will be in her chair and bratty Gracie will demand "her turn" and end up throwing Ali out of it. I can see it now.

Recognizing that this makes me a shitty human being, I have to admit that I'm waiting for Gracie to sit in Leah's lap, stroke her face and say, "What would you give me for a basket of kisses?"  

Hopefully Ali never wins a penmanship medal.

• Love 10

I know people in the same field, somewhat, as Chelsea (hair stylists, cosmetologists, etc), and they rent a space from an established salon. When Chelsea saw her new area at work and the owner told her, "this is your own little business - I'm not your boss", I immediately wondered how much it's costing Randy to procure that space for her. She is definitely the spoiled one of the bunch for sure.

I know Chelsea will bug the hell out of Randilicious so that he's telling his clients to promise to patronize his her salon right before he yanks their teeth out. You better go see my pretty pretty princess.

• Love 1

Recognizing that this makes me a shitty human being, I have to admit that I'm waiting for Gracie to sit in Leah's lap, stroke her face and say, "What would you give me for a basket of kisses?"  

Hopefully Ali never wins a penmanship medal.

Brilliant.

I am going to hell, but that adderal is one unfortunate looking child.

• Love 4

Jenelle continues to be her train wreck self. I had to contain my laughter when they were with the lawyer (How many does she have now?), and Nathan was talking about Courtland's past, and what an awful person he is. Like you're any better, Nathan. 

It broke my heart when Aubree was saying that A-d-a-m didn't go to her softball practice. Why does Chelsea spell his name out? What is she going to do when Aubree learns to spell? 

I felt great seeing Ali in the wheelchair. It seems like Cory is also coming to terms with it. 

Kail is still her bitchy self. It was nice to see her mom in the picture again. Why does she keep whining about being a single parent for a month? Newsflash, Kail! Some women are single parents 24/7/365. Be happy your husband has a job, and stop whining. 

• Love 1

Jenelle: I could not imagine filing for divorce while pregnant with another man's child & not having custody of my 1st child. Then on top of it, being pregnant by someone who doesn't have custody of their child as well. Not a good plan. Nathan talks so much about how great he is or what he's doing but we never see him do anything? I get Barbara's frustration. Why doesn't he have a job?

Kailyn: On her birthday she said she had bottles made for Lincoln to drink. So why not pump & feed him if he takes from a bottle instead of making him cry from hunger & get yourself frustrated? 

Leah: I get both Corey & Leah's side on the wheelchair issue. I do think Ali needs it but I understand Corey not wanting her to use it 24/7. I get Leah & Jeremy's feelings that Corey isn't following up like he should with the insurance. I would be on them everyday. Leah is VERY lucky that she has an ex, a new husband & so much family on both sides that adore her kids. I know I would be skeptical if my son at that age brought home a girl to marry who had 2 kids & was already divorced. They welcomed her with open arms. She really needs to be more thankful for what she has.

Chelsea: I completely understand her frustrations with Adam & the pain it will cause her daughter. She blames herself for Adam being Aubrey's dad. With that said, she needs to stop talking about him in front of Aubrey. That little girl is smart & picks up on it. Chelsea is lucky to have to parents, even though divorced who support her not only in the past with money but emotionally too. I love that her father is so close with her & I'm proud that she's got of the couch finally & is moving on with her life. She looks so much better too.

Jenelle continues to be her train wreck self. I had to contain my laughter when they were with the lawyer (How many does she have now?), and Nathan was talking about Courtland's past, and what an awful person he is. Like you're any better, Nathan. 

It broke my heart when Aubree was saying that A-d-a-m didn't go to her softball practice. Why does Chelsea spell his name out? What is she going to do when Aubree learns to spell? 

I felt great seeing Ali in the wheelchair. It seems like Cory is also coming to terms with it. 

Kail is still her bitchy self. It was nice to see her mom in the picture again. Why does she keep whining about being a single parent for a month? Newsflash, Kail! Some women are single parents 24/7/365. Be happy your husband has a job, and stop whining. 

Kail not only has a new home & doesn't have to work, she has a husband that adores her child & treats him as his own. As well as having an ex that loves & supports his child. Many moms don't have that support & have to work more than one job to put food on the table. I was a teen mom, I married young & we worked our butts off to provide. We had hand me down furniture & were appreciative of it. We had 2 by the time we were both 21 & a 3rd a couple yrs later & at times I worked 2 jobs & babysat on the weekends to make ends meet. She should be more grateful for what she has. My husband worked 5 hrs away when I was pregnant with my 3rd & came home on weekends. I made him happy to come home & appreciated that he was working so hard. Does she not think that Javi misses his kids too & how hard it is on him?

• Love 2

I know people in the same field, somewhat, as Chelsea (hair stylists, cosmetologists, etc), and they rent a space from an established salon.  When Chelsea saw her new area at work and the owner told her, "this is your own little business - I'm not your boss", I immediately wondered how much it's costing Randy to procure that space for her. She is definitely the spoiled one of the bunch for sure.

I think Chelsea is renting the space. I also don't think she's spoiled. She doesn't have a lavish lifestyle, has driven just two different cars, I believe in the years that we've known her, and probably shops at Forever 21, and maybe has splurged on a couple of designer handbags. I would bet my head that when the Teen Mom money came in, Randylicious made sure it was invested properly so that she could focus on going to school and eating her license, which is likely how she was able to make a downpayment on the house and can earn her mortgage payments doing something she truly loves. She also has a roommate who can help offset some of the expenses. 

As someone else noted, at least some of those whiny calls to her father are probably producer-induced. Chelsea's future is probably brighter than all the others' combined, especially if she avoids losers like Adumb.

• Love 3

Regarding Kail and the baby's latching problems and frustrations - I'd bet that the presence of the cameras just compounded that and made it worse. So maybe the baby was having a little nursing strike. But the proposed solutions of skin or skin or lay in bed and nurse to calm down arent possible when you're supposed to be filming small talk or whatever with your mom for the show. Leading to more frustrations to more problems. Stressing just makes it all harder. I dont like her, but I felt bad for her having some issues with who knows how many people there watching. I wonder sometimes how much power they have to say "not right now, I need to take care of my kid"

• Love 8

We sittin' here talkin' about PRACTICE. Not a game, not a game, but PRACTICE. How silly is that?

I don't have kids, but.... I wouldn't miss my kid's PRACTICE for the world!  I think Chelsea feels the same and she cannot fathom why Adam, Aubree's father would dream of showing up late or missing it.  Kids do notice this stuff.

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice that when Kail went into her kitchen to try to feed Lincoln while her mom, Jo, and Vee were there that there was a certificate from the YMCA with Isaac's name on it and it said Isaac Lowry? For some reason I always assumed he was Isaac Rivera and I'm kind of surprised Jo & his family didn't demand Isaac have their last name or a hyphenated last name (like Lowry-Rivera).

(I don't think there's anything wrong with Isaac having Kail's last name. I'm married and I still use my last name.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic

Chelsea is turning into the Kim Kardashian of Teen Mom 2; another episode of her and Aubree "doing selfies".  It bothers me that Chelsea lives in a very messy house with clothes laying all over the floor and on an unmade bed.  Please Chelsea break open the wallet and buy some drapes for your windows!!  It would creep me out at night, especially with a young child in the house.

• Love 1

Jenelle is featured on her attorney's website as a "Notable Client," and he has episodes of the show avaiable for viewing.  I guess when your law practice is in an strip mall next to a bail bondsman, you'll take whatever publicity you can get.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/28422-nc-dustin-sullivan-1744188/website.html

"Mr. Sullivan is an exceptional lawyer. He has helped me get 18 out of my 19 charges dismissed. He is also very easy to talk to and his schedule is very flexible. I have also referred him to close friends of mine who he also helped. I refer him to anyone seeking legal consultation."

Jenelle E.
Leland, NC

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 4

Chelsea is emotionally immature and will always be as long as Daddylicious continues to pay her bills and take care of all her personal problems. Every single time she faces a problem or has to makes some sort of adult decision the first thing out of her mouth is "DAdddeeee"! 

And, despite what's being portrayed, I believe she still has a thing for Adumb.

• Love 4

Jenelle is featured on her attorney's website as a "Notable Client," and he has episodes of the show avaiable for viewing.  I guess when your law practice is in an strip mall next to a bail bondsman, you'll take whatever publicity you can get.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/28422-nc-dustin-sullivan-1744188/website.html

"Mr. Sullivan is an exceptional lawyer. He has helped me get 18 out of my 19 charges dismissed. He is also very easy to talk to and his schedule is very flexible. I have also referred him to close friends of mine who he also helped. I refer him to anyone seeking legal consultation."

Jenelle E.

Leland, NC

She is so damned unaware of how classless she is. So proud that her lawyer had all but one of her 19 cases dropped. Scuzzy Bear doesn't even realize no mother, hell nobody, should have 19 damn cases to begin with!

• Love 7

She is so damned unaware of how classless she is. So proud that her lawyer had all but one of her 19 cases dropped. Scuzzy Bear doesn't even realize no mother, hell nobody, should have 19 damn cases to begin with!

And she refers him to "anyone seeking legal consultation."  Great group of people she associates with!

About Gracie and the wheelchair - the thing costs $20K. It is not a toy for able-bodied children. Who pays for it if Gracie breaks it? Find something else to give her some attention!

I know people in the same field, somewhat, as Chelsea (hair stylists, cosmetologists, etc), and they rent a space from an established salon.  When Chelsea saw her new area at work and the owner told her, "this is your own little business - I'm not your boss", I immediately wondered how much it's costing Randy to procure that space for her. She is definitely the spoiled one of the bunch for sure.

Doncha like how they made that seem like a good thing - like she has really moved up in the world now that she has her own business? But, IOW, Chelsea, you don't make any money unless you hustle for clients and they come back and refer people.  Her celebrity probably helps with that, though. 

• Love 4

I don't have kids, but.... I wouldn't miss my kid's PRACTICE for the world!  I think Chelsea feels the same and she cannot fathom why Adam, Aubree's father would dream of showing up late or missing it.  Kids do notice this stuff.

I think for regular everyday practice they could trade off or something (or realistically in their situation, Chelsea could take Aubree and maybe let Adam know in case he could be bothered to show up)... but her VERY FIRST practice?  I think he should've been there. Either that I think he should just bow out now and stop disappointing her over-and-over-and-over again.

I know Chelsea will bug the hell out of Randilicious so that he's telling his clients to promise to patronize his her salon right before he yanks their teeth out. You better go see my pretty pretty princess.

Ha... you know, it might make going to the dentist a little more tolerable if I knew I was going to get a new 'do out of the whole dental visit, instead of just puffy cheeks and a numb face. Your suggestion made me laugh at first but then I thought "that's not such a bad idea!"

My two cents on Practicegate...

Chelsea, sweetheart, it's fine to tell Adam when the practices/games are. Write him a list! Then DROP IT...no calling on the way there, no calling at practice to demand where he is. And don't make a big deal in front of your daughter. Your responsibility is to Aubree, not him. Give him enough rope, and he'll hang himself.

I did this with my ex. Even though he's "disabled", he could never bother to come to our son's hs football games, even the home ones (I provided him with a written list at the beginning of each season). And yes, it hurt to see my son turn around and look at the stands when he was off the field. I knew who he was looking for, and it wasn't me...he knew where I was. And since he was older, I also let him vent to me when he needed to, but I did not make a big deal in front of him, even though I wanted to slap the holy crap out of my ex. And when my son's senior night rolled around and his father didn't show once again, when they announce the child and his parents as they go on the field, there was no mention at all of my ex. My son had opted to just announce me, since his father was never there.

So , Chelsea, Aubree will remember you were there and Adam wasn't, even without you constantly bringing it up. Yes, you made a bad decision as far as a father for your daughter. It happens to a lot of us. But stop trying to make Adam happen. He isn't ever going to happen.

• Love 12

I have to cosign everything Torquise said above because I am a HS Booster officer for our high school team and I can tell you that I have seen grown boys devastated by not having their parents out there in the stands. I have personally made Senior Posters in place of absentee parents for their sons and it makes me cry because it means so much to them. 
As for the practice, when my kids were small and especially just starting sports, wild horses couldn't keep my husband and myself away from every single practice. Not only did we attend but we always volunteered to help coach and be team mom and anything else they would let us do. We wanted to be around our children and support the things they were excited about. Nothing cuter than a little kid, just starting out in a sport. I will say that plenty of parents didn't share our opinion and just dropped their kid off and came back (often late) for pickup. It's sad. Kids want their parents around a lot more than they might admit to. My son graduated over 2 years ago and I am still an officer on the FB booster because I love supporting the kids. Adumb is a dirtbag and he will be sorry because Aubrey will hopefully one day cast him aside as he does all the time to her.  
Since Chelsea played softball and enjoyed it, I hope she steps up to be an assistant or whatnot with the team. Its a great experience. 
And I so agree with the post above asking who is going to pay for that wheelchair if they let the girls treat it like a toy and break it? It's a $20k wheelchair that Ali seriously needs so stop being jackasses and learn to draw some boundaries with your bratty kids, Leah. She is just such an enormous trash heap all the time. I just can't with her. 

• Love 4

So I'm going against the grain here, but my parents hardly ever watched my sports endeavors.  I tried basketball, soccer, vollyball, swimming, and tennis as a kid.  As a teen I excelled in martial arts (got to second degree black) and track and field.  My parents showed up for belt testing in martial arts and that's about it once I got past the age of 5.  Didn't even show up to the State Championship track meet. And I survived.  Not only that, but I'm sort of happy they didn't attend.  I could focus on the sport instead of worrying about if I disapointed them with a bad play.  They showed me they loved me in a million other ways; they just weren't "sport" people.

But Adumb is still an asshole for 21979821713 other reasons.

• Love 4

So I'm going against the grain here, but my parents hardly ever watched my sports endeavors.  I tried basketball, soccer, vollyball, swimming, and tennis as a kid.  As a teen I excelled in martial arts (got to second degree black) and track and field.  My parents showed up for belt testing in martial arts and that's about it once I got past the age of 5.  Didn't even show up to the State Championship track meet. And I survived.  Not only that, but I'm sort of happy they didn't attend.  I could focus on the sport instead of worrying about if I disapointed them with a bad play.  They showed me they loved me in a million other ways; they just weren't "sport" people.

I completely agree. Any sports or activities I got involved with my parents never made it to a single practice or game. I played violin for almost 10 years and I would just get dropped off and picked up for concerts. Same when I was in the high school play. Ditto for field hockey, and even basketball when I was like 10. The activities were for me to enjoy, not so I could perform like a circus animal to make my family proud. They just cared whether or not I enjoyed myself. I wasn't scarred by it, and to be honest, it never bothered me they weren't into it. I wouldn't want to go watch my dad play golf, so I can see why he might be bored by my violin concerts.

• Love 6

As I was watching the episode, Chelsea is yelling into the phone, speaking about Adam and how he didn't show up for practice.  Chelsea should know better than that.  She's just ensuring that Aubree prefers her to Adam.  Aubree will figure it out one day, but right now Aubree is still a little girl, and she doesn't need to burdened with Chelsea's teen mom issues.  Aubree shouldn't be burdened with the fact that Adam was sleeping at home, rather than being at practice.  She should never have even mentioned Adam to Aubree, and if Adam were to show up that would have been topping on the cake.  Chelsea needs to accept that this louse is the man she pro-created with.  She's a single mother, and unfortunately, this is the way it is sometimes, and she needs to see that she cannot depend on Adam.  Accept it, Chelsea.  Adam is not Randy.  Keep your negative A-D-A-M talk behind closed doors...one day Aubree will figure Adam out--on her own.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5

I think we can all agree that whatever family we are born into is a total crap shoot. What if Kail or Cateynn's father was Randy?? What if they had an educated, professional father in the field of medicine that was more than willing to storm in and be their Knight in Shining Armour and solve their problems as much as possible? Be there for them to constantly whine to and provide assistance immediately - on call 24/7? Growing up in a fatherless home without anyone - not a father or any family member - willing and able to provide not only emotional support but financial support is a game changer.  I wonder if we put Chelsea in Kail or Catelynn's lives how well she would be doing?

• Love 4

I daresay Chelsea might be a little more well-off, maturity-wise. I think the reason she's so  dependent on daddy to fix her life is specifically because she's always had that to fall back on. She's never had to do anything for herself. If that safety net had never been there, she would have taught herself to grow up long ago.

• Love 1

She's just ensuring that Aubree prefers her to Adam.

I do think that is exactly the point. She went from wanting to be with Adam to disliking him (because she feels hurt and rejected) and now she wants Aubree to dislike him too. Sometimes she treats Aubree like a friend and this is one of those times.

On another note, I love Aubree's gravelly voice. I hope she doesn't end up being attracted to and wanting attention from guys who treat her like crap.

I love Cory's dad! He might be my favorite person on the show. Leah should have just said "that's great" to Cory during their zoo conversation and leave it at that. But, no she had to lecture him after he'd already agreed with her. It seems that she and Germy have found common cause against Cory. It probably makes Germy more secure to slam on Cory with Leah. It just makes them look petty. Cory is having a harder time accepting Ali's condition. It doesn't make him a bad dad.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 7

I agree with you. I have 3 kids and we try to make most of their games - though there is always at least one of us at a game. But I couldn't wait until I could just drop them off for practice. When you have 3 kids doing 3 different things in 3 different places, it actually is not a sign that you don't love your kids when you don't sit and watch every single practice!

So I don't know why Chelsea was so quick to jump on Adam about the practice. I do think he's a shitty father. Don't get me wrong. But good dads sometimes don't make practice. If practice is at 5 and dad works across town, he ain't gonna make it.

She really needs to cool it on the talk about A-D-A-M in front of Aubree. (And I am sure that Aubree knows who that is, anyway. She probably learned how to spell his name before her own thanks to everyone thinking they're clever with that.)  Aubree will know soon enough, on her own, that he's a POS father. Here's the deal - she will likely love him anyway. That seems to be what kids do. Even when kids are abused, they still seem to love their parents. Don't give Adam or Aubree the chance to think Chelsea was the one coming in between their relationship because that's how he'll spin it and, when she's older and if Chelsea ever decides to discipline her and Adam doesn't, that's how Aubree with spin it, too. That mom was always putting down dad. And I think kids can internalize that. Like if you think he's such a piece of shit and he's part of me .... ?

• Love 3

About Leah and the breast feeding, shouldn't she have backed off of Lincoln for a little while? He didn't seem to want to latch on at the moment but it looked like Kail kept shoving her tit in his face. He wasn't going to starve in that moment, it looked like she was aggravating him and aggravating herself. She said he'd been doing it just fine for months, so it seemed to me he just didn't want her tattooed boob in his face right then

Button down shirts work much better for nursing. Unbutton from the top and the layers of clothes don't get in the way. Loved that Vee and Jo complimented Kail on her house and Isaac's school, there is some maturity going on there, good for them. Agree that Germy and Leah are being shitty to Corey. It may take him more time to accept Ali's diagnosis, that doesn't make him a bad parent. Praise him for trying the wheelchair, don't bitch at him for being slower to accept it. Oh and Nathan was pure gold in telling the lawyer that Cortland's many felonies led to Janelle divorcing him. Hello Pot, meet the Kettle.

• Love 3

Most people I know don't attend every single one of their kids' practices, so I don't necessarily think it makes you a bad parent if you have to miss one here and there. However in Adam's case, this was an instance where he told Chelsea he would be there and blew it off, hurting his daughter. Whether it's practice, taking her out for ice cream, stopping by to say hi or whatever, it's just the latest in a long line of disappointments that poor Aubree will suffer through as she grows up. 

As far as Chelsea, I completely agree with the above comments. She needs to stop this passive-aggressive shit where she makes a huge deal in front of Aubree, calling everyone she knows to complain and making sure her child knows that SHE'S the good guy and Adam is the one who sucks. Anyone with eyes knows Adam is a dick, but to keep reinforcing that in front of Aubree is hurting her child, not Adam.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

As far as Chelsea, I completely agree with the above comments. She needs to stop this passive-aggressive shit where she makes a huge deal in front of Aubree, calling everyone she knows to complain and making sure her child knows that SHE'S the good guy and Adam is the one who sucks. Anyone with eyes knows Adam is a dick, but to keep reinforcing that in front of Aubree is hurting her child, not Adam.

There's something about the gleam in Chelsey's eye whenever she talks about Adam and the way she gets all school-girlish flirty whenever Adam is around (even when she professes to be pissed off at him) that gives me a niggling suspicion that she would take that buffoon back in a heartbeat.  

When he showed up at the restaurant a few episodes back, she looked positively giddy awaiting his arrival, petting her hair and primping and just had an air about her that she was excited about him showing up.

Of course, then he went on to berate her on camera as he frequently does...yet she still looked absolutely smitten by him.

I don't get it.  The guy has the personality of a used dryer sheet and looks like he reeks of eau de loseur, yet he seems to get more action than he can handle.

Maybe it's just slim pickins in their neck of the woods, so to speak, and guys like Adam are the hottest ticket in town.  It's a bit mind boggling.

I usually snark on these girls for changing guys more often than they change their lip gloss, but sometimes I wish Chelsey would find somebody else (practically ANYBODY else) just to hopefully get over any lingering feelings she has for Adam.  

I think of all this franchise's teen dads, Adam has probably matured the least across the board.  Poor Aubree.  I think she's in a for a letdowns in life with Adam as a parent.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

I am kind of surprised that Chelsea hasn't been shown even going on a date with a different guy since Aubree's been born. And it's been what, 4 years now? 5? I don't buy that she's been celibate that entire time (minus the couple random romps with Adumb). She's a cute girl, and even in a small town (and Sioux Falls is not the smallest town in SD) there are guys she could date. I mean, even if she can't always go out and socialize there are dating sites to meet people.

I am kind of surprised that Chelsea hasn't been shown even going on a date with a different guy since Aubree's been born. And it's been what, 4 years now? 5? I don't buy that she's been celibate that entire time (minus the couple random romps with Adumb). She's a cute girl, and even in a small town (and Sioux Falls is not the smallest town in SD) there are guys she could date. I mean, even if she can't always go out and socialize there are dating sites to meet people.

Plus, she's really insecure and usually that type craves attention from guys.

So I'm going against the grain here, but my parents hardly ever watched my sports endeavors.

My brother was super into sports and I don't think my parents ever watched a practice. Games, absolutely, but practices, nah. I played a bit in HS and I don't recall seeing any parents at practices. I sang a ton in high school and I'm fairly sure parents weren't allowed at rehearsals; I took piano lessons and no one sat in on them. Concerts? Recitals? Absolutely - parents AND grandparents, and that never changed when my parents got divorced. But practices? Nah, and we never felt any type of way about it.

Now, Adam is a bad father, he's very likely going to miss Aubrey's life, and I do think there's something to be said for showing up for a FIRST [fill in the blank activity]. But if Adam had been a good parent up until then and just missed this practice, I think it would be way less of a big deal.

I don't think Chelsea would ever get back together with Adumb,  but I do think she likes the idea of him wanting her. He was always the one to leave her, so I think she would love it if he wanted to get back together once she's finally totally done with him. I think she basically wants him to be miserable now.

• Love 1
I posted the following on the other thread, but most of this post was meant for this particular episode and want to keep my topic in line with the episode:

She told him to stop and he persisted. Her friend even put her hands over his to get him to stop. He is 4 and should know better.

A 4 year old should know better? I have yet to meet such a 4 year old.  I am thinking it is more in line with a 4 year old who is trying to get some attention from his mother, and since he doesn't get it when he is quiet and behaving in the manner in which Kail prefers, he is doing it the other way. Just like Jace and his cousin were smashing crackers on the floor and the other negative behaviors he has done. Jace gets attention that way and almost seems to enjoy it because it gets him the attention he needs. Jace is accustomed to receiving attention for negative behavior. 

Isaac is getting mixed messages from Kail. He was happy go lucky playing "castle" with mom. Suddenly here come her friends, and she drops him like a bad habit. Then, when he was ready to go with Kail to be dropped off at with dad, Kail brings on the guilt trip by telling him, "Who am I going to talk to?" "Are you going to miss me?" routine. Seriously, this chick's mentality is screwed up. Isaac is getting the message that he is there to comfort Kail, talk to her when she needs someone, and fill some void in his mother's life when the man of the house is not around. Other than that, go play with all those toys you have and leave mommy alone because she is stressing out or she wants to be with her friends. She has no use for him until she does. I know she loves the kid and all, I am not even going there, but from a child's point of view, he seems to be acting out from frustration and dying for some attention from Kail.

Kail can get the hell out of here with her continuous pity party. I am so over that mess. If she isn't miserable, she will find something to be miserable about, you can bet money on that happening. The comment that she and Jo are fine one day and then the next Jo and her are not fine and arguing...shut up. It is Kail who has to find something to bitch about all the damn time.

As for the breastfeeding aka "woe is me" issue...I seriously wanted to go up to my television screen and just slap her face. After my first child, I realized I was not going to be the Goddess of Breastfeeding. It wasn't going to happen. I did my best for four months, but that was it. By my second child, I learned to pump my milk and have my baby become accustomed to the bottle. This came in handy when I needed a break and my spouse could bottle feed our baby my breast milk. It also came in handy when I was sick and couldn't muster the energy to feed.

I think Kail set herself up for failure by wanting to solely breastfeed. Nothing wrong with doing that, as some women are capable of doing it, but Kail is a special kind of species. If things don't go her way, she turns on the water works and is then miserable and a shrew to be around.  Okay, so Lincoln doesn't want to latch. Don't feel bad about it. Oh who am I kidding, Kail thrives on this sort of thing!  I don't know what her agenda is, I don't know if she is some spokesperson for some Leche League group and has to do this. All I know is, she is making a situation harder by not thinking logically - put your damn breast milk in a bottle so your child can drink and stop crying.

Edited: Sorry for the screw up of my post. I quoted my comment in the quote box above. My comment is the first paragraph. Can't seem to fix this goof.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

I think I read somewhere that she has actually has dated quite a bit, it's just not shown on camera. Maybe none of those guys wanted to appear/be mentioned on the show?

Chelsea was 100% wrong to tell Aubree that Adam was coming to the practice. I bet in some way Chelsea knew he would not show up and told Aubree as a "See how he is?" type deal. It was so wrong of her to do that. Aubree got so excited when she heard Adam was going to be there. Why tell her when you know there is a good chance he'll flake out? It's as though she thinks that makes her look so much better than Adam. Maybe to your adult friends it would, but Aubree's a little kid. 

Chelsea seems to get the good edit here. After the last reunion when it was revealed that she was messing around with Adam, I don't believe for a second she isn't dating anyone or even continuing to see Adam at times. 

Kail can cry me a river. She's a nasty pig with benefits.

There is nothing to say about Jenelle. 

I've never liked Gracie at all but that kid is just getting worse and worse.Yikes.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3

Also, if Leah is so up in arms about Cory's insurance, why don't they all get in the same room and call up? I know Leah's not allowed to just call his insurance, but I'm sure if they were sitting together and he called, he could say "my ex-wife has a question..."

Much more convenient for Leah and Jeremy to sit and bitch about it, I suppose.

• Love 2

Ok folks, I need a reality check. Is it normal for 4 year olds to play softball with real cleats and all? Seems over the top to me.

"Jace, no going home with mommy if you crunch those crackers!" You mean Jenelle is a REWARD?

My goddaughter is four and started soccer a few months ago.  I think they just do practice for now and the kids have varying levels of equipment, but her mom got her cleats.  I guess it depends on the kid's interest and how committed parents feel to having them stick with it, so since Chelsea played softball herself, she may feel more strongly than some.

• Love 1
Chelsea seems to get the good edit here. After the last reunion when it was revealed that she was messing around with Adam, I don't believe for a second she isn't dating anyone or even continuing to see Adam at times

The info has been out there that she has dated a guy or two. A lot of info is not shown on the show, but it can be found online through the girls' various media sources and online articles. Kail has been a Scentsy consultant for quite a long while now, but it has never been mentioned on the show, quite the contrary to Leah's Mary-Kay "business" having been mentioned many times.

I seem to remember Chelsea being harassed by Adam for having gone out to celebrate her birthday or something. He texted her all through the night, he laid a guilt trip on her, texted her some disgusting names and was very controlling. This was happening when they were not even a couple. Chelsea was feeling pretty awful about the whole thing. It was a mental game of abuse by Adam. It makes me think perhaps Chelsea keeps her dating life on the down low just to avoid the wrath of Adam. Who wants to be called a "whore" or be texted such disgusting things? He has no right to do that, but he will. Chelsea needs a stronger backbone and some help to learn how to deal with his abusive ways.

Leah and Cory - the issue with the insurance seems to be that Leah has been in contact with the insurance company. At least, that is the impression I am getting. She mentioned sending them information and now, getting Goggles on videotape for proof of how she handles the motorized scooter.

I was on the side of the fence that with all the money Leah is throwing around, she could have paid for her child's motorized scooter, but now that I think about it, why should anyone have to pay when Cory has been paying out of his pocket for health insurance? I'd be upset if after years of paying into my health insurance, they try to deny me something that I think they should pay for. After all, isn't that the point of having insurance? I'd fight them tooth and nail too. In fact, I have done that when I had an issue with my health insurance. At least on this matter I can say Leah pushing the matter is a good thing. The insurance company first told her they needed to verify that Goggles needed the scooter. Now, it appears they are saying she wouldn't be able to operate it. Sounds like a bunch of excuses.  Her child does need the scooter and she is more than capable of operating it. Damn insurance companies. They love taking our money, but they make you wait as they decide what they will pay.

• Love 4

The thing is that Leah and Corey might still have to pay a pretty big chunk of change for her wheelchair, depending on what is covered through insurance. If the insurance company pays 50% or 80%....who knows? Though I would think with Ali's issues that they probably easily meet their deductible every year and probably their OOP max, too. Might depend on the timing and where they're at for the insurance year.

A 4 year old should know better? I have yet to meet such a 4 year old.

Yes. My 3 kids did. They definitely knew what "stop" meant at 4. Maybe they were all just special. ;-)  Though I have been in preschool classrooms a lot and I have seen plenty of other kids responding to "no" or "stop" so maybe they're not so smart.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
Yes. My 3 kids did. They definitely knew what "stop" meant at 4

Perhaps you didn't understand my post or perhaps I misunderstood your comment. I don't believe  Isaac should know that he is being disruptive or annoying his mother. He is a child who is going to do things that a child does.

Now, if you mean he should know the word "no" well, that is a different ball of wax. My opinion on that is, Kail and friend went about it like most people and it is not how I have handled a child when I tell them "no". I tell a young child "no" along with an explanation as to why they can't do what it is they are doing. I learned from a pre-school teacher and school psychologist many moons ago, a child needs to hear an explanation as to why they are being told no, such as, "Isaac, don't hit the table because I can't hear my friend talking." A simple "no" MAY work temporarily, but chances are the child will do it again. I am not about yelling or putting fear into a child to make them stop doing something.

My problem with Chelsea is that she bombarded Adumb with phone calls non-stop about showing up for Aubree's practice!  The guy isn't supposed to drive, perhaps he didn't have a ride and decided to nap instead.  It was Chelsea who told Aubree that her Dad was showing up, it's her fault she got Aubree excited by it.  I'm sure he said something like he would come but obviously couldn't get a ride.  I assume he disobeyed the law and showed up at Aubree's practice, having to drive himself because of all of her phone calls to him about why he ISN'T there and didn't want to get a bad rap on MTV for being a "deadbeat" dad for not coming.

If she wanted Adumb there, she should have offered to pick him up.

I was on the side of the fence that with all the money Leah is throwing around, she could have paid for her child's motorized scooter, but now that I think about it, why should anyone have to pay when Cory has been paying out of his pocket for health insurance? I'd be upset if after years of paying into my health insurance, they try to deny me something that I think they should pay for. After all, isn't that the point of having insurance? I'd fight them tooth and nail too. In fact, I have done that when I had an issue with my health insurance. At least on this matter I can say Leah pushing the matter is a good thing. The insurance company first told her they needed to verify that Goggles needed the scooter. Now, it appears they are saying she wouldn't be able to operate it. Sounds like a bunch of excuses.  Her child does need the scooter and she is more than capable of operating it. Damn insurance companies. They love taking our money, but they make you wait as they decide what they will pay.

it happens all the time. I pay $400 a month for family insurance, have a child born with a birth defect and still have to fight with the insurance company for them to authorize surgeries.  I even changed surgeons because the last surgeon had no office support and couldn't get the insurance company to authorize the surgery.  My current surgeon is now out of NYC with a lot of pull in the industry and has an office team to go to bat for me with the insurance companies.  I had to pay $150 for pictures, had the surgeon do peer-to-peer discussions with the appeals department and the day before a MAJOR surgery, the insurance company FINALLY authorized it.  She has another surgery in January and we are going to have to go through the same thing again, our last office visit we had additional photos that the doctor will submit to the insurance company.

This is why I don't blame Corey one bit in not getting the insurance company to authorize the wheelchair.  It's up to the doctor and his staff to get the insurance to cover it, the insurance company doesn't care that YOU as a parent want a wheelchair, the doctor needs to push for it.  If Dr. Zao is not fighting for you, it will be a lost cause.  You can't do it alone, Corey can call  24/7 all he wants, the insurance company will deny them unless there is pressure from the doctor and letters and proof that she really needs the chair.  And if the insurance company finds out that Gracie is using the wheelchair for fun and games, I'm sure they will permanently deny the wheelchair.  How stupid of Leah and Germy to let her even touch the thing! It's not a toy!  this is something that LEAH needs to understand, it pisses me off when she and Germy talk down about Corey as if it's his fault the insurance company isn't authorizing it.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2

Yes Leah really ought to be careful about telling the media that she allows Gracie to "play" on Ali's wheelchair. It's a wheelchair, not a go-kart. If the insurance catches word of this she could very well have screwed herself (and Ali) by being so dumb. Someone needs to have a serious conversation with her.

• Love 1

Is Ali still using the loaner chair? I wonder how the hospital feels about a very expensive piece of medical equipment being used as a toy by the Evil Twin. I agree Leah may have bitten herself in the ass by posting a comment on social media. It's perfect ammo for the insurance company to turn around and say "Well, if your other kid is using it as a go-cart then obviously Ali doesn't need it that badly."

• Love 3