Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: A Big Sign

bros402
  • Start Topic

The team treat a `famous' marriage counsellor after she injures her ankle; Dr Audrey Lim is determined to get to the bottom of what really happened in the operating room during her surgery and sets off on her own internal investigation.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 1
(edited)

So, uh, the next person to add to the "who needs therapy badly list" is Lim. She needs to learn how to cope with her acquired disability.

Since Lim is investigating, that is gonna lead to a lawsuit or something close enough to it - and it'll be very easy to discredit Glassman by just asking him what kind of surgeon he is!

He's a neurosurgeon who hasn't operated extensively since his bout with brain cancer, and I am guessing he hadn't done general surgery since his residency 30+ years before. So Shaun was the more qualified in that situation, even if he didn't obey the chain of command (yay, episode theme!).

Googling, it looks like hydrocephalus can mimic bipolar, at least in this one case study.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 11

Yeah, we're definitely setting up for some big showdown between Lim and Shaun here. I feel like some of Lim's reason for feeling as she does towards Shaun is because of how certain he is that he made the right decision. Even if that's true, I think Lim wants to see him experiencing some reflection, second-guessing, even guilt. Especially given how fixated and obsessive Shaun can be in general when it comes to things he's been involved with. 

And I think Shaun is either already experiencing that reflection deep down and is struggling to show it, or if he hasn't experienced it yet, he will. And eventually, it'll all come to a head somehow., for both him and Lim professionally and each of them individually. 

On a lighter note, I liked Asher having a bit of fun with Jordan about her "totally not crushing" on the new guy :p. It'll be fun to see where this goes, I think :). I also liked Shaun's sign for Lea at the end, that was cute.

The cases this episode were kind of weird. Sad that the woman giving the marriage advice died. 

• Love 5

It is kind of interesting (maybe, haven't watched it yet) that Lim is basically talking about malpractice, medical error being the third leading cause of death in the US. I can only imagine how many cases of malpractice that don't lead to death. Not that I think this is the main theme of the plot. The writers don't really care about research or accuracy, but it would be interesting if a rebel writers could get a line in there to show doctors criticizing their own for a very real reason

• Like 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, we're definitely setting up for some big showdown between Lim and Shaun here. I feel like some of Lim's reason for feeling as she does towards Shaun is because of how certain he is that he made the right decision. Even if that's true, I think Lim wants to see him experiencing some reflection, second-guessing, even guilt. Especially given how fixated and obsessive Shaun can be in general when it comes to things he's been involved with. 

Ohhhhhh that makes sense because I read that they are introducing 

Spoiler

a female lawyer with OCD (that affects her professional work) as a backdoor plot this season which will get her own spinoff called The Good Lawyer.

What kills me is that no one has mentioned the fact or that it was in the M&M that there was a decision made in regards to that piece of equipment that went to the shooter instead of Lim.  I am wondering if it's a red herring or a piece of important information that could explain why she flatlined then lost her ability to walk.  I am also surprised that Andrews hasn't had any regrets but Glassman has in regards to the operation.

Lim defiantly needs therapy. 

Edited by greekmom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Glassman was having a drink in his office. That’s a common occurrence on TV. But is it realistic? Does that happen often in the real world?  I would assume most people wait until they get home. I understand he wasn’t on duty or treating patients. Maybe it’s just me. But, somehow it seems inappropriate (for  lack of a better word). 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Cara said:

Glassman was having a drink in his office. That’s a common occurrence on TV. But is it realistic? Does that happen often in the real world?  I would assume most people wait until they get home. I understand he wasn’t on duty or treating patients. Maybe it’s just me. But, somehow it seems inappropriate (for  lack of a better word). 

I find that alot with tv doctors who have private offices and agree that it seems inappropriate. Also the fact that they are operating on someone and discussing their personal life again I find inappropriate if it was a real life situation.  I can see some idle chit chat but in depth personal discussions? Nope.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Also the fact that they are operating on someone and discussing their personal life again I find inappropriate if it was a real life situation.

I worked in a hospital back in the day.  TPTB approved the filming of surgeries but the doctors revolted against including audio.  So I'm sure they talk a lot of shit that they don't want outsiders to hear!😎

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cara said:

On TV it is not only doctors. Anyone with an office has a drink. In cop shows captains and prosecutors have a bottle of liquor in the drawer, lawyers too. The offices in The West Wing were an open bar. I might have seen a principal in a show or movie having a drink at least once as if it is a normal occurrence. It is thing that directors do, in my opinion because they, and/or the actors are not talented enough so they have to be doing something while having a conversation, or having a moment to think. Instead of being creative, they go with the booze. It is a cliche, just like in some other shows when people come home they have a glass of wine, or a beer even though they are, sometimes really broke, and work really hard. I have been really broke and worked very long hours to even think that one: I could afford to buy wine weekly and two: that I had any desire to have wine when there was so much to do in the house and I was too tired and longing for a bed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

With how over-the-top they are at showing how perfect Hot Doc (whose just as religious as Jordan!  They're meant for one another!) is, I would find it darkly hilarious if they go all out and its revealed that he's some kind of serial killer.  Just straight up murdering people when he isn't putting on a show at the hospital and charming older ladies and cancer patients, while everyone else lusts from afar.  I'm not sure if it's annoying or kind of awesome how much they're embracing this cliche: complete with slow mo of him shaking his wet hair and everything!

So, Lim vs. Shaun is really happening: especially since she got Glassman to finally admit that he wouldn't have done what Shaun did.  Don't think anyone has addressed yet that the reason Shaun took the riskier surgery is because Glassman's would have shortened Lim's lifespan by a few years (I think), but even then, I'm guessing Lim's struggle with her disability is just going to make her wish anything but this happened.  Looks like their friendship is done and they'll only discuss "medicine", but I wonder if she might still take some kind of legal action.  I just hope this isn't heading towards her being a full-blown antagonist, because I worry that the show is too afraid to have Shaun made a mistake that big and it's all going to end with him being in the right and all of Lim's behavior blows back on her.

Cases of the week were good.  Figured that the marriage councilor was going to die, but I do hope she's with her husband in that heaven she saw (yeah, yeah, Shaun!  I know it was probably just a hallucination!)  The stuff with the family was atypical, but its always good seeing Michael Shanks!

Shaun and Lea had their first marriage test of the season by learning to "compromise" a.k.a. Shaun needs to quit hovering around Lea when she does simple tasks like washing dishes or folding laundry.  It's a start!

• Love 4

I don't know about alcohol but back in the day I worked at a record company and there were recreational bowls of coke for A&R, marketing and other creative executives. 

I understand why Lim is angry about the outcome as anger will still be strong after only 3 months of paralysis. I don't understand the ambiguity of other doctor second guessing the medical decision - no one seems to mention that her life would have significantly been shortened through the other procedure and I would imagine might have compromised the quality of life in some way. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

Shaun needs to quit hovering around Lea when she does simple tasks like washing dishes

I had read an article that said that rinsing dishes actually decreases the efficiency of the detergent in the dishwasher.  So I told my SO that one side of the dishwasher I'm going to put dishes that she had rinsed and on the other side I'm going to put in unrinsed dishes and, no surprise, she couldn't tell the difference afterwards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Cara said:

I agree, and I would extend that to doctors and nurses having sex in the closet.  I'm pretty sure that would be against most hospitals' policy (which is not to say it doesn't happen).  

I'm a little confused about Glassman's complaints about Lim's surgery.  His concern was that Shaun's approach would kill her, I don't remember him raising any concerns about paralysis.  I realize that's splitting hairs to an extent, but I don't really find his reaction consistent.

Edited by rmontro
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The stuff with the family was atypical, but its always good seeing Michael Shanks!

That was Michael Shanks??????!!!! Holy crap! I'll have to rewatch this episode. His IRL wife still looks pretty much like she did 20 years ago; I just expected him to age like she did.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, circumvent said:

On TV it is not only doctors. Anyone with an office has a drink. In cop shows captains and prosecutors have a bottle of liquor in the drawer, lawyers too. The offices in The West Wing were an open bar. I might have seen a principal in a show or movie having a drink at least once as if it is a normal occurrence. It is thing that directors do, in my opinion because they, and/or the actors are not talented enough so they have to be doing something while having a conversation, or having a moment to think. Instead of being creative, they go with the booze. It is a cliche, just like in some other shows when people come home they have a glass of wine, or a beer even though they are, sometimes really broke, and work really hard. I have been really broke and worked very long hours to even think that one: I could afford to buy wine weekly and two: that I had any desire to have wine when there was so much to do in the house and I was too tired and longing for a bed. 

Yeah - the only occupation I can really see having alcohol in their office is a lawyer. Since those high class lawyers pretty much live in their office, so I can definitely picture them having a bottle of booze for a celebration.

9 hours ago, amarante said:

I don't know about alcohol but back in the day I worked at a record company and there were recreational bowls of coke for A&R, marketing and other creative executives. 

I understand why Lim is angry about the outcome as anger will still be strong after only 3 months of paralysis. I don't understand the ambiguity of other doctor second guessing the medical decision - no one seems to mention that her life would have significantly been shortened through the other procedure and I would imagine might have compromised the quality of life in some way. 

1. that recreational bowl of coke thing sounds amazing and you should write a story about it
2. Yup - that's why Lim desperately needs psychological therapy.

5 hours ago, rmontro said:

I agree, and I would extend that to doctors and nurses having sex in the closet.  I'm pretty sure that would be against most hospitals' policy (which is not to say it doesn't happen).  

I'm a little confused about Glassman's complaints about Lim's surgery.  His concern was that Shaun's approach would kill her, I don't remember him raising any concerns about paralysis.  I realize that's splitting hairs to an extent, but I don't really find his reaction consistent.

Honestly, I was surprised that until this episode they have mostly avoided doctor sex in the hospital in this show.

Glassman didn't raise any concerns about paralysis, just the risks of Shaun's proposed procedure. I am guessing that over the 3 months, seeing how Lim has handled it, colored his views on the decisions made that day.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm not sure if it's annoying or kind of awesome how much they're embracing this cliche: complete with slow mo of him shaking his wet hair and everything!

I find it annoying. I don't find him attractive, so maybe that's why. But I just really hated it, plus I hated Asher acting like a tween and bothering Jordan about it. I also hated the sex-in-the-closet business. I realize I sound like a real bore. Maybe I am. But I'm not against sex, I'm just not finding those tropes at all interesting.

I also hated that Shaun called a conference to ask for marital advice. 

I did like that amputee doctor's story wasn't about making a big deal over the amputation. She does her job. She's fine with it. I don't know a lot about amputation, so I don't know how comfortable or uncomfortable it would be for her to be on her feet all the time, but there are hikers and runners with prosthetics, so maybe it's fine. I just hope the show doesn't veer off into melodramatics about it later. 

Andrews: Are you sure you can be objective?
Lim: I don't know why I wouldn't be!
Me: rolling my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I had read an article that said that rinsing dishes actually decreases the efficiency of the detergent in the dishwasher.  So I told my SO that one side of the dishwasher I'm going to put dishes that she had rinsed and on the other side I'm going to put in unrinsed dishes and, no surprise, she couldn't tell the difference afterwards.

I don't know about that, but it's a huge waste of water. It's staggering how much goes down the drain while rinsing dishes. And it's really not needed. Dishwashers are made to clean your dishes. Pre-cleaning them is just weird. Shaun should know that, since he would have done the research.

12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, Lim vs. Shaun is really happening: especially since she got Glassman to finally admit that he wouldn't have done what Shaun did.  Don't think anyone has addressed yet that the reason Shaun took the riskier surgery is because Glassman's would have shortened Lim's lifespan by a few years (I think), but even then, I'm guessing Lim's struggle with her disability is just going to make her wish anything but this happened.

Like 10, if I remember correctly and you'd assume the last years aren't exactly a picknick either, if your body gives up that much sooner.

I don't know how the surgery Shaun performed supposedly lead to her paralisis anyway and the reason they gave this episode seem fishy to me, but then I'm not a doctor.

13 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I worked in a hospital back in the day.  TPTB approved the filming of surgeries but the doctors revolted against including audio.  So I'm sure they talk a lot of shit that they don't want outsiders to hear!😎

Yeah, they are just humans doing a job. Of course they are going to shoot the shit and talk about private matters if they are close enough with each other. What else are you going to do while you are working on a patient for hours?

12 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I find it annoying. I don't find him attractive, so maybe that's why.

Agreed.

• Love 4

Back to the disability theme: the writers really don't know what to do with disabled characters, so they just throw things there as if this is something of volue for the conversation, and them mangle everything. Lim's anger is understandable but it would be more realistic if they showed her having difficulties doing things, having some pain, really having trouble adapting. The wy it is portrayed, they are showing someone who is mastering the wheelchair, sit upright while moving around, with no apparent discomfort, and yet, it is having a hard time moving on with life. I would expect that, at least in private, she shows the toll the new situation takes on her. Since they are not showing anything, it comes out as bitterness for pure bitterness. 

Same for Shaun. They don't know what to do with the autistic main character, so they write the ridiculous stuff into the stories just to justify the autism in the character, but son't really link to his profession, which should be the premise of the show. 

Then there is the amputee. Not a problem there, I think it was great the way they casually threw that in there. My problem was with Park coming up to her and blurting "thank you for your service". I simply HATE this whole "support our troops". I never, ever, say that to any soldier because I don't know why I should thank someone for fighting wars I oppose. Besides, with all the scandals, I don't know if any soldier is a good soldier, or a good human being.

I agree that the new doctor and the flirting is silly and very middle school-ish. Sex in the closet is something Grey's has done since the beginning and one reason why I stopped watching the show after season 2.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

If you have a dishwasher that decided all of a sudden it hates actually washing dishes, you need to pre-rinse the dishes.  Half the time I don't even know why I bother with the dishwasher at all.  It's relatively new, so I just can't justify paying that much money for a newer new one. 

6 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Shaun and Lea have lived together for some time-why hasn’t the dish rinse issue come up before now? Laundry I could see if they each did their own, but they can still do laundry that way. Many couples do.

This was my thought when I read the episode description.  This screams of running out of storylines for them as a couple, which is fine. Don't focus on them as a couple at home then. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

If you have a dishwasher that decided all of a sudden it hates actually washing dishes, you need to pre-rinse the dishes.  Half the time I don't even know why I bother with the dishwasher at all.  It's relatively new, so I just can't justify paying that much money for a newer new one. 

This was my thought when I read the episode description.  This screams of running out of storylines for them as a couple, which is fine. Don't focus on them as a couple at home then. 

There was a comment from Leah about their "married people plates." Maybe they got the dishes for their wedding and before that just used paper plates?

I have never pre-rinsed a dish before putting it in the dishwasher in my life and can't imagine ever doing it. But Leah DID pre-rinse the dishes, she apparently just did this, "wrong." I can't imagine Shaun's reaction if she skipped that step entirely. But I know many couples who fight about this (one of the many reasons I live alone).

• Love 2
18 hours ago, bros402 said:

Yeah - the only occupation I can really see having alcohol in their office is a lawyer. Since those high class lawyers pretty much live in their office, so I can definitely picture them having a bottle of booze for a celebration.

When I think of booze in the office, I think of big businessmen.  Guys who would be sealing deals with other powerful business owners or managers.  A little drink to break the ice and help everyone relax.

16 hours ago, possibilities said:

I find it annoying. I don't find him attractive, so maybe that's why. But I just really hated it, plus I hated Asher acting like a tween and bothering Jordan about it.

Now I remember who the new intern (Perez) reminds me of.  Brandon Routh, who replaced Christopher Reeve as Superman in Superman Returns and played Atom in Legends of Tomorrow.

• Love 2

I knew when the lady said she had seen her dead husband, she was a goner.  She seemed to want to join him.  

Ref. The alcohol at work.  I’ve been an attorney in private practice for many years.  I’ve worked in several different offices and I’ve never seen any alcohol served or consumed except for parties, holiday gatherings, celebration, etc.  These were not large firms though.  Attorneys have a high rate of alcoholism and we get regular education about the risks, statistics, warning signs, etc. It’s thought this is due to many factors, but especially the stress.   Some very prominent attorneys in our state have suffered severe consequences due to alcoholism.  I actually think most of the attorneys that I know (in in the south) would feel uncomfortable drinking or serving drinks in their office.  JMO 

I would be interested to know if Lim is able to transfer herself in and out of that wheelchair.  I would think that takes a lot of upper body strength.  Also, Didn’t Glassman comment to her that she was improving and probably wouldn’t be in the chair much longer?  It was when he was asking her why she was grilling him about the surgery decision.   

I like the new people so far.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, circumvent said:

Back to the disability theme: the writers really don't know what to do with disabled characters, so they just throw things there as if this is something of volue for the conversation, and them mangle everything. Lim's anger is understandable but it would be more realistic if they showed her having difficulties doing things, having some pain, really having trouble adapting. The wy it is portrayed, they are showing someone who is mastering the wheelchair, sit upright while moving around, with no apparent discomfort, and yet, it is having a hard time moving on with life. I would expect that, at least in private, she shows the toll the new situation takes on her. Since they are not showing anything, it comes out as bitterness for pure bitterness. 

Same for Shaun. They don't know what to do with the autistic main character, so they write the ridiculous stuff into the stories just to justify the autism in the character, but son't really link to his profession, which should be the premise of the show. 

Then there is the amputee. Not a problem there, I think it was great the way they casually threw that in there. My problem was with Park coming up to her and blurting "thank you for your service". I simply HATE this whole "support our troops". I never, ever, say that to any soldier because I don't know why I should thank someone for fighting wars I oppose. Besides, with all the scandals, I don't know if any soldier is a good soldier, or a good human being.

I agree that the new doctor and the flirting is silly and very middle school-ish. Sex in the closet is something Grey's has done since the beginning and one reason why I stopped watching the show after season 2.

Yeah - this show has never known how to write disabled characters. I wish they would at least get an autism consultant (if they have one, they need to fire them or listen to them) - but at this point. having an autism consultant actually provide input would totally change Shaun's character and give him a personality transplant (Like I can understand a few of the things being attributed to Shaun's obviously untreated PTSD from his brother's death, but not a lot of them).

When I think of booze in the office, I think of big businessmen.  Guys who would be sealing deals with other powerful business owners or managers.  A little drink to break the ice and help everyone relax.

Now I remember who the new intern (Perez) reminds me of.  Brandon Routh, who replaced Christopher Reeve as Superman in Superman Returns and played Atom in Legends of Tomorrow.

I definitely think of the big businessmen too - the hot shot big guys

THAT IS WHO HE REMINDS ME OF!

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. The alcohol at work.  I’ve been an attorney in private practice for many years.  I’ve worked in several different offices and I’ve never seen any alcohol served or consumed except for parties, holiday gatherings, celebration, etc.  These were not large firms though.  Attorneys have a high rate of alcoholism and we get regular education about the risks, statistics, warning signs, etc. It’s thought this is due to many factors, but especially the stress.   Some very prominent attorneys in our state have suffered severe consequences due to alcoholism.  I actually think most of the attorneys that I know (in in the south) would feel uncomfortable drinking or serving drinks in their office.  JMO 

I would be interested to know if Lim is able to transfer herself in and out of that wheelchair.  I would think that takes a lot of upper body strength.  Also, Didn’t Glassman comment to her that she was improving and probably wouldn’t be in the chair much longer?  It was when he was asking her why she was grilling him about the surgery decision.   

I like the new people so far.  

That's who I picture - the hot shot million/billion dollar deal kind of guys.

I am guessing that at home, Lim probably has a good setup for toileting and transferring out of her chair. I am guessing that at the hospital, her and the OT have worked on a lot of stuff for transferring and built up enough strength for her to do transferring when needed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Also, Didn’t Glassman comment to her that she was improving and probably wouldn’t be in the chair much longer?  It was when he was asking her why she was grilling him about the surgery decision.  

Did he say that?  I've been wondering if they were going to find a way to give Lim her mobility back at some point, or if this is a permanent change (like with Dr. Reznick).  If she's not going to be paralyzed anymore, I kind of find her attitude toward Shaun rather offensive.  Not to minimize what she's suffered so far, but if she's only disabled for a matter of months, her anger doesn't seem right considering he kept 10 years from being shaved off her life expectancy.  I don't recall him saying that though, but maybe I just missed it.

• Love 3

Did he say that?  I've been wondering if they were going to find a way to give Lim her mobility back at some point, or if this is a permanent change (like with Dr. Reznick).  If she's not going to be paralyzed anymore, I kind of find her attitude toward Shaun rather offensive.  Not to minimize what she's suffered so far, but if she's only disabled for a matter of months, her anger doesn't seem right considering he kept 10 years from being shaved off her life expectancy.  I don't recall him saying that though, but maybe I just missed it.

I was wondering if they are allowing her to get this angry, because it’s temporary.  If I have time, I’ll watch that scene again to confirm.  

• Love 2

So they really are going there with Lim and Shaun, Lim is looking for how Shaun might have made a mistake and paralyzed her while Shaun is totally fine with his decision, and I am not sure what the end goal is here. Dies she sue him or the whole hospital for malpractice? Will she prove that he made the wrong call or will she find out that he made the only call that would save his life? I might have to re-watch some of the season premier to remember what all happened, its all a bit of a blur of people yelling and running around. I am guessing that a lot of Lim's anger is going to end up being shown to be misplaced and that she's mad about the situation and not Shaun, who's just a convenient scapegoat. Lim really needs to see a therapist or someone else to help her better deal with having a disability. 

The cases of the week were both good, I figured that the marriage counselor would die and be reunited with her husband, even if Shaun and Asher insist that she was just seeing things, but I liked her a lot, the actress had a very calming way about her. 

I like the newbies so far, including the new hot doc who Jordan very clearly has a massive crush on! Also, I just cant imagine that closet sex is comfortable or hygienic. No hospital I have ever been in feels like a particularly sexy place. 

The divorce meeting was pretty funny, and while I think the sitcom shenanigan's with Shaun and Lea were rather contrived, seeing as how they've lived together for awhile now, the big sign Shaun made was cute.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
On 10/19/2022 at 3:39 AM, PurpleTentacle said:

Pre-cleaning them is just weird.

Could be the case, in most instances, but not all homes can install a garbage disposal. Mine is one. Although the dishwasher kind of macerates the debris in the wash water, there’s still the flow of the drains to consider. One cleaning of a main line drain pipe will put you off from food for quite a while! Like that commercial for detergent: “My mom washes the dishes BEFORE she puts them in the dishwasher!” Regardless, we all know it’s just Shawn’s syndrome. Why now, though? They’ve been living there for how many seasons now?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Daff said:

Could be the case, in most instances, but not all homes can install a garbage disposal. Mine is one. Although the dishwasher kind of macerates the debris in the wash water, there’s still the flow of the drains to consider. One cleaning of a main line drain pipe will put you off from food for quite a while! Like that commercial for detergent: “My mom washes the dishes BEFORE she puts them in the dishwasher!” Regardless, we all know it’s just Shawn’s syndrome. Why now, though? They’ve been living there for how many seasons now?

You of course scrape left over food off into the garbage, preferably in the organic waste bucket, but you don't need to rinse your dishes.

Shaun would know better. So this isn't "Shawn's syndrome", it's bad writing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So they really are going there with Lim and Shaun, Lim is looking for how Shaun might have made a mistake and paralyzed her while Shaun is totally fine with his decision, and I am not sure what the end goal is here. Dies she sue him or the whole hospital for malpractice? Will she prove that he made the wrong call or will she find out that he made the only call that would save his life? I might have to re-watch some of the season premier to remember what all happened, its all a bit of a blur of people yelling and running around. I am guessing that a lot of Lim's anger is going to end up being shown to be misplaced and that she's mad about the situation and not Shaun, who's just a convenient scapegoat. Lim really needs to see a therapist or someone else to help her better deal with having a disability. 

I really hate this plot line, because it wasn’t the hospital functioning as usual. They were all under siege because of the gunman. It was an emergency situation, under unusual circumstances. Everyone was doing the best they could, given those circumstances, so what is she going to do? Hold it against everyone that they couldn’t ethically choose between the gunman’s life and hers? Who’s going to perform the surgery that allows her mobility? I wouldn’t want to. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, rmontro said:

I don't remember anyone ever commenting on Lim's paralysis being temporary, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't remember anyone ever commenting on Lim's paralysis being temporary, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

I’ll watch again and specifically state what Glassman said. It’s possible I misunderstood………

Ok. I rewatched and this is what was said in Glassman’s office about her surgery.  Lim asked what he would have told Shaun if he had returned earlier and Glassman admitted that he would have said to return to the original surgical plan.  She says, Thank you and he says what for….because everything is going to work out ok, that you’re going to walk again soon…….so, he does say that, but this time, I see that it’s more of a sarcastic remark and not genuine belief.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Glassman admitted that he would have said to return to the original surgical plan.  She says, Thank you and he says what for….because everything is going to work out ok, that you’re going to walk again soon…….so, he does say that, but this time, I see that it’s more of a sarcastic remark and not genuine belief.  

Okay, I remember him saying that.  Yeah, definitely took it as a sarcastic remark.

• Love 1

My dislike of the new intern continues. I feel like she’s being inserted into everything and I’d rather just focus on the characters we have. It’s irrational I’m not sure why I dislike her so much. 

Edited by Avabelle
21 hours ago, Avabelle said:

My dislike of the new intern continues. I feel like she’s being inserted into everything and I’d rather just focus on the characters we have. It’s irrational I’m not sure why I dislike her so much. 

She’s knee-jerk prickly, about everything. It’s pretty off-putting because she gives the impression that even if you say something innocuous (like, “Have a good day!”), she’ll reply with, “Why SHOULD I?”

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Had Shaun not went on at the end to Lim about his marriage, I was curious what she was going to say to him about losing his author patient. Hated that she died by the way, I liked her interaction with the doctors.

• Love 1