Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Boom

• Start Topic

In the aftermath of her abduction, the walls between McCall’s family and vigilante life continue to crumble as those closest to her must come together for the first time to save her.

Special Time Due to Football Game (add additional time to cover the spread)

Premiere Date: SUNDAY   October 2, 2022          8:30-9:30 PM          CBS

Ed Moran as Bomb Squad Captain McGuire
Vinnie Todorov as Merc    
Mario Mattei as Sketch Artist    
Gabriel Bellotti as Guard #2    
Patrick Millin as Merc #2    
Cris Tucci as Guard    
Nicole Chambliss as Uniformed Officer    
Gabe Doran as Bomb Squad Officer #1    
118907_2226b.jpg
118907_0759b.jpg
118907_0034b.jpg

Aunt Vi my "sketch" is down here.

• LOL 1

Not bad for a season premier episode.  So Dante now knows who Robyn is and is probably a member of the team (unofficially).

I am glad they didn't spread it over 2 episodes and it got resolved in 1 and that Quinn is dead.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Not bad for a season premier episode.  So Dante now knows who Robyn is and is probably a member of the team (unofficially).

I am glad they didn't spread it over 2 episodes and it got resolved in 1 and that Quinn is dead.

Same.

Pretty good episode, glad it's back.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I hated the Quinn storyline, I am glad it is over for good. If Quinn had lived, he would have been free the same day. I figured they would have put the bomb in a Faraday Cage or blocked the signal with a radio jammer, but I guess removing the radioactive components is a little more flashy and allowed them a humorous way to become Trash People, like Oscar the Grouch.

I am surprised that Quinn didn't see that they were trying to defuse the bomb and set it off a little earlier. I guess Quinn didn't have the videotape of Robyn's confession on an automatic timer to be released to every major news outlet at once.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

What a fun cartoon-y show. Had to chuckle when that idiot guy guarding Robyn turned his back on her. If he watched the show, he would know that he was going to be disarmed in a matter of moments.

Liked watching everyone meet everyone else. Loved the scene at the end in slo-mo, with a breeze to blow ties, jackets, and hair. 

• LOL 2

Agree that this was a good premiere epi and glad that Quinn is dead and this wasn't dragged out.

I'm interested in the fall out from this with Dee's father.  She should have known Aunt Vi was going to try and get her out of town one way or another.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mojito said:

What a fun cartoon-y show. Had to chuckle when that idiot guy guarding Robyn turned his back on her. If he watched the show, he would know that he was going to be disarmed in a matter of moments.

Liked watching everyone meet everyone else. Loved the scene at the end in slo-mo, with a breeze to blow ties, jackets, and hair. 

I'm a sucker for a slow motion group walk. Heroes or villains; it does not matter. Bonus points if there is chaos behind you 😂 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I greatly enjoyed this episode.  I appreciated that things got resolved quickly and didn't drag the Quinn thing out for multiple episodes or the whole season.

Great acting from all of the cast.  I thought the actress who plays Delilah really nailed her fear and confusion.  Lorraine Touissant, as always, was amazing.

It was good that Dante met everyone and now knows who she is.  When he said "this is the team" and walked out with them, I'm hoping/assuming that this means he is part of the team.  Or at least an unofficial liaison.  

I hope Brett Dalton joins as a regular as well.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I greatly enjoyed this episode.  I appreciated that things got resolved quickly and didn't drag the Quinn thing out for multiple episodes or the whole season.

Great acting from all of the cast.  I thought the actress who plays Delilah really nailed her fear and confusion.  Lorraine Touissant, as always, was amazing.

It was good that Dante met everyone and now knows who she is.  When he said "this is the team" and walked out with them, I'm hoping/assuming that this means he is part of the team.  Or at least an unofficial liaison.  

I hope Brett Dalton joins as a regular as well.  

But one way or another, he has encountered each of them before. I know he has been face to face with Mel, but didn’t she also save his life? He saw/knew about Harry during his arrest.  He may have suspected, but how did he not “know” Robyn was the one, especially when the female prosecutor decided to look the other way? He didn’t seem surprised when she appeared at the bomb site. I feel like we’ve gone backward in plot, but I did appreciate the “so this is the team” line, walking off as one of them. 

4 hours ago, Boofish said:

I'm a sucker for a slow motion group walk. Heroes or villains; it does not matter. Bonus points if there is chaos behind you 😂 

So 80s “feel good”, evil defeated shows. I think George Peppard perfected that exit. Movies followed. 

• Love 2

It looks like I'm the only one who didn't like this episode; I like the episodes where Robyn and the team help people, I hate the CIA/terrorist storylines with a passion. One of the few good things was that Quinn is dead so we'll never see him again (and, hopefully, that means no more terrorist plots). I loved the Robyn/Dante hug at the end and Dante walking with the team. As always, loved auntie Vi. I like Brett Dalton and I hope we see him again but not if it involves more CIA/spy/terrorist plots. I'll watch next week but if that episode is like this one, I'm out.

• Like 1

I really thought we were done with so much teen angst.  STOP IT!  Her whole "I'm still a child but I know better than any adult" is SO tired and annoying.  I'm back to muting my TV every time she comes on, because it's all whining. 

Rob looks good, so do Harry & Mel.  Aunt Vi needs to tame that rats nest hair.  We get it, she's the free spirit, artist hippie.  Get her a damn brush!

I'm also glad they killed off Quinn.  I get annoyed with the big bad that just keeps coming back episode after episode, and always gets away in the nick of time and without a scratch. 

Rob's ex, Miles, needs to just chill for 5 minutes.  He has NO clue what's going on, but his flexing is ridiculous.  Yes, you're a doctor.  We see the scrubs.  Now take a beat before you stroke out & end up in your own ER. 

I like that Dante knows who's who and what's what.  Season 3 is good timing for that.  Any longer and it goes into "Superhero" in hiding territory. 

I'm in.  With my finger close to that mute button. 

• Love 3

Sigh - Even with adding extra time to record, I still missed the last 5 or so minutes.

But I hear Quinn is dead? Surprised they didn't drag that out further, but I'm fine with that.

And now Dante knows about Robyn's family -- is that actually going to change much going forward? We'll see.

The exact thing Delilah has been afraid of happens, so I imagine that, plus her father, are going to be the main sources for family tension this season.

I guess Harry might get in trouble with the government again? Or will he get another 'pass' somehow?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Rob's ex, Miles, needs to just chill for 5 minutes.  He has NO clue what's going on, but his flexing is ridiculous.  Yes, you're a doctor.  We see the scrubs.  Now take a beat before you stroke out & end up in your own ER. 

I know, right?  I cannot remember, did last season establish that he knew she was in the CIA?  Or did he just think she was in some vague something and couldn't take the lying so divorced her?

I thought he knew she was in the CIA.  And it was obvious that Delilah and Viola told him about the dirty bomb and the need to evacuate the city.  So he should have been at least somewhat aware that whatever Robyn is doing, she's trying to save millions of lives.  STFU Doc.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

For every teenager, life is a mix of absolute catastrophic impending disaster and hysterical, orgasmic and euphoric highs.  There is ZERO middle ground.  Delilah just hit the 50% right for this episode.  Because DRAMAHHHH is her middle name.  The writers have her nailed, but incredibly annoying. 

56 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I know, right?  I cannot remember, did last season establish that he knew she was in the CIA?  Or did he just think she was in some vague something and couldn't take the lying so divorced her?

I thought he knew she was in the CIA.  And it was obvious that Delilah and Viola told him about the dirty bomb and the need to evacuate the city.  So he should have been at least somewhat aware that whatever Robyn is doing, she's trying to save millions of lives.  STFU Doc.

He knew she was Government and did some ninja, underground, no-tell stuff back in the day.  She may not have actually told him she was still still in it, but he was smart in not continuing on with it.  I hate that shit "This is not over", like he's threatening her.  They are making him look like a gigantic tool, and we've barely seen him.  

• Love 2

They're probably building him up so Robyn can rescue him and then his heart grows 3 sizes or some shit.

I also prefer the episodes about them helping innocent people, without the added drama of terrorism. I didn't hate this one, but I hope it won't happen too often.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, Daff said:

I know he has been face to face with Mel, but didn’t she also save his life?

She splattered the head of a bad guy all over his living room in front of his kids. I'm not sure if he knows that or not and I'm not sure if he'd appreciate knowing but I think he'll eventually put two and two together.

I liked the power walk.

So for Harry's use of computers I guess we are going to say the police are just looking the other way? They hung a slight lampshade on it here which is fine with me because I don't need to see a plot where Harry is jonesing for a computer. Like with Hawaii 5-0, that big computer does most of the work anyhow.

I agree with those who would like to see the more personal, smaller scale stories. If ever there is a big city that is facing a radiological threat I certainly hope the only thing stopping the bad guys isn't a small vigilante team who are doing it as a hobby.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 10/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, Trini said:

Sigh - Even with adding extra time to record, I still missed the last 5 or so minutes.

But I hear Quinn is dead? Surprised they didn't drag that out further, but I'm fine with that.

And now Dante knows about Robyn's family -- is that actually going to change much going forward? We'll see.

The exact thing Delilah has been afraid of happens, so I imagine that, plus her father, are going to be the main sources for family tension this season.

I guess Harry might get in trouble with the government again? Or will he get another 'pass' somehow?

Sorry, and I feel your frustration. Not ever knowing what the he— sports franchises are doing, but kind of knowing that networks have a limit, I first tried 1/2 an hour tacked on the end of Sunday programs. That did work, till it didn’t. Now, all Sunday sports channel dramas automatically get a full hour tacked on to the end of those programs on my DVR. If you run out of space, you can always delete them after you’ve actually seen them, in their entirety. Way better than having the program cut off. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

She splattered the head of a bad guy all over his living room in front of his kids. I'm not sure if he knows that or not and I'm not sure if he'd appreciate knowing but I think he'll eventually put two and two together.

I liked the power walk.

So for Harry's use of computers I guess we are going to say the police are just looking the other way? They hung a slight lampshade on it here which is fine with me because I don't need to see a plot where Harry is jonesing for a computer. Like with Hawaii 5-0, that big computer does most of the work anyhow.

I agree with those who would like to see the more personal, smaller scale stories. If ever there is a big city that is facing a radiological threat I certainly hope the only thing stopping the bad guys isn't a small vigilante team who are doing it as a hobby.

I do think they’ll get back to the more local, personal cases, (after all, that’s cannon) and it IS, after all, what Robyn, herself, claims she wants to do. The writers might have just wanted to remind us of the big bad Govt ties (can one ever really sever from that job?) and the creepy enemies she may have made in her career.  I can handle that kind of plot once a season or so, but I prefer the COTW help she gives to the average, downtrodden, Joe. And that’s where this show originated (as did Leverage). If that premise changes too much, despite how much I really like the cast, I probably won’t continue to watch. 

• Love 2
On 10/3/2022 at 7:20 PM, christie said:

I hate the CIA/terrorist storylines with a passion

I don't know if your reason is the same as mine, but I hate when stories shift from domestic to international crimes/terrorism. "Burn Notice" eventually lost me. I don't like keeping up with the twists and turns and characters and motives of international conflicts and players. (Read Patricia Cornwell in the early days until her main character seemed to have gone from Richmond ME to international agent.) We've got enough home-grown bad guys with evil intentions, we don't need to import them.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2022 at 10:59 AM, SnapHappy said:

Doctors aren't known for their loosey goosey go with the flow attitudes. Surgeons - which is Miles' specialty - are a hundred times worse. Throw in a long military career which may have included the military providing his schooling... I think he's doing fairly well with the everyday drama having a teenager creates let alone the ex CIA agent ex who is still getting involved in stuff. And he does seem involved. We haven't seen Dee's Stepmom since season 1 but the kid is always going to her dad's house, making goofy videos with stepmom, and the other characters bring them up when casually talking to Dee. So good on the grownups for being involved and mostly mature around the kid.

Mostly mature.

His control freak surgeon flexing is annoying but I get it and I can see why he's very concerned about his daughter's safety. If I were the Stepmom in the situation I'd suggest Dee move in with us for a bit and still see her Mom just like Dante's arrangement with his ex.

• Love 2

Oops  I put this in the wrong episode. I liked the call back to Aunt Vi being an artist when she snatch the pad out of the guy's hands and drew the sketch herself.

It was a good episode and I'm glad Quinn's dead. I'm not a fan of the CIA/international bad guy/terrorist guys.  They rarely make any sense. I liked Aunt Vi calling Dee's father to come and get her. That was the right call. I do agree with Dee's point asking about her friends and Dad. Dad probably should have been first Dee. But that was a good question. Asking her to leave her dad behind to possibly be killed in a terrorist attack would be hard and probably something she couldn't do. It made me think of Castle's two parter terrorist episodes when Castle tells his mother and daughter they have to leave but can't tell anyone. Alexis wants to tell her boyfriend but he won't let her. Later he talks to Beckett how he felt like a monster telling her she couldn't tell her boyfriend.

I forgot how hot Dante was. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Oops  I put this in the wrong episode. I liked the call back to Aunt Vi being an artist when she snatch the pad out of the guy's hands and drew the sketch herself.

No matter, and I loved that scene, too. The look on her face clearly said, “We’re wasting valuable time here, I can do it better, quicker, myself!”

• Love 3
On 10/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Boofish said:

On 10/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, dwmarch said:

I liked the power walk.

I loved the power walk!

Was also wondering about Harry's no-computer clause. 

On 10/9/2022 at 1:42 PM, quirkygal said:

His control freak surgeon flexing is annoying but I get it and I can see why he's very concerned about his daughter's safety. If I were the Stepmom in the situation I'd suggest Dee move in with us for a bit and still see her Mom just like Dante's arrangement with his ex.

I agree that Miles is uptight but I'd be way more uptight if my teenager was told she had to get out of town because of a dirty bomb and her other parent was being sketchy or avoidant about it. 

• Like 2