Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

So Eric and Harris all this getting to know eachother I was like why all this, then realized half way.  Lucky and Jason scenes, more GH.  

7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Soon to be joined by Shawn in rehab.

I rather watch all them.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Artsda said:

Considering all Brady reactions to Xander, he took Chloe leaving and with Brady really well. 

So Ben and Ciara along with Hope are all together? 

I think you meant Phillip however it's obvious that only happened because the characters are leaving. Otherwise no. 

This whole thing just makes Chloe look incredibly fickle. They really should've just written Phloe off together when Jay was in the role instead of having the character fake his death and he ended up with the woman anyways.

• Like 6

I was laughing so hard at EJ with the lollipop in his mouth, really enjoying it :)  EJ & Susan had a funny scene together..Susan knows how devious EJ is.  And I also got a kick out of Sarah's shock at seeing Susan alive...she kept saying she had a newborn & those hormones were getting to her judgement

• LOL 4

I watched all the week’s eps and I enjoyed a lot of what I saw. Curious as to why a whole bunch of characters left at the same time though. Chloe and Xander’s goodbyes were the best. Paul Telfer can really lay on the charm.

Nicole looking absolutely gorgeous talking to Abe was lovely too. I also really like the casting of Holly as the actress played well off everyone and I can totally see her as Nicole’s.

EJ with Susan were fun (I don’t usually like the character but can handle her small doses) and I’m curious about the guy(s?) who took her to London.

I like Tamara Braun, I can’t help it, and she made Harris bearable. 

Not sure if GV wanted scenes with SB or vice versa, but they were a dud and I wish GV would shave his grandpa beard.

I hope Xander inadvertently convinced Sloan to tell Eric the truth because I’m rooting for those two.

And I don’t trust that Constantine fellow one bit.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Poor Xander. He just can't win with this woman. She is seriously unhinged if she doesn't get that she was also demanding full custody with the addition of falsifying a birth certificate

I miss the calm of Chloe and I bet Xander does too. 

• Like 9

I don't feel bad for Xander I mean Sarah is a pill and I would prefer if they just let people treat her as the flawed person that she is rather than a paragon of virtue.  However, nothing Sarah has done will ever be worse than what Xander has. I'm annoyed that this show wants me to think Xander is some sort of victim here after all that he's done. I do think he had a right to know about his child at the same time I also find it rather karmic considering he lied to Sarah about Mackenzie and kept Eric from his kid.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're both awful but sometimes I enjoy watching Xander lol.

I think that's the big difference - he can be charming and he KNOWS he is not perfect. She is annoying and self-righteous  and there is nothing enjoyable about watching her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Kayla seems like Tripps real mom.  Not sure why he still puts up with Ava.  

Clyde? Abby's murderer, what a character so many wanted back. 

Aww Lucas remembers it was Abby's birthday.  

Sarah suddenly thinks she was wrong? 24 hours ago she was marrying Rex to keep the baby from Xander. 

Chad suddenly caring about Abby's birthday seems left field. It's like they're going in reverse now when they rushed him to be with and live with Stephanie when Abby was gone less than a year.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Sweet EJ remembers Abby birthday, but silly Kayla did not.

Nice scene with Chad and EJ, he should be more involved with his family and less Stephanie. 

Talia calling Belle Mrs.Brady when she had affair with Mr.Brady is funny. Too late for trying to be polite to her now. 

Bye Talia and uneven distraction eyebrows.  Never to return I hope. 

Jada said Belle was cruel to Talia? Belle could have been worse, she's the sister of Sami. No Jada, Talia has no right to be there as much as Belle does.  Belle is the daughter of Marlena and John, in-laws to Brady's.   Talia should be in jail, she drugged the town and gaslit people. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Jada thinks Belle was cruel to Talia?  

Unless she asked her if she was Woody Woodpecker in disguise, or if she can't afford clothing that actually covers her belly button, ever, or asks her to explain if she's tops in her Stanford class of graduates the school has asked never to return or tell anyone she went there, then nah, nope, nada, Belle wasn't cruel.

Talia was the closest show has  currently come to casting an anime creation as a character and I won't miss her one bit.

And right now, if Jada wasn't already being punished enough by being paired up with Rafe, I'd be wishing she'd leave with her imaginary sister.

18 hours ago, rcc said:

All the dramatic music while Talia was leaving! WTH

Unless Show plays this as Talia's exit song,

Show got it wrong.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

I got a kick out of the Holly/Rachel scenes...the little actress playing Rachel has great facial expressions.  I guess the reference to "Taylor Swift" shampoo(is there such a thing?) was an attempt to seem hip & relevant

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was shocked they actually allowed Tate to tell Brady that he basically neglected him to put Rachel first.  I wish he had brought up when Brady also ran off with Nicole and Holly (essentially making it so he wouldn't see Tate at all).  Unfortunately, Tate seemed to buy Brady's pro forma apology.

Brady, EVERYONE, including your sainted step-mother would tell you that no matter how angry you are at your ex - you do NOT trash the other parent to your child.  It really just shows what an ass he is.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Brady, EVERYONE, including your sainted step-mother would tell you that no matter how angry you are at your ex - you do NOT trash the other parent to your child.  It really just shows what an ass he is.

In real life? Absolutely.

But Theresa is just as horrible as Brady, in her way. Neither have a leg to stand on as far as morality goes. And Tate getting tossed from school is the child they created.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

In real life? Absolutely.

But Theresa is just as horrible as Brady, in her way. Neither have a leg to stand on as far as morality goes. And Tate getting tossed from school is the child they created.

I'm not saying Theresa is an innocent but Brady has also done some truly heinous things.  Yet, somehow everybody in Salem goes around trashing Theresa (who actually showed some growth before the writers decided to completely ruin her character) while Brady (who hasn't really changed from an asshole with anger issues) is universally regarded as a "great guy."  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Sarah: Xander won't stop until he gets full custody! (Even though he was happy to do shared custody literally that same day)

Justin: I am such a terrible lawyer I'm not even going to suggest a middle ground.

Xander: Whatever I give up. I did like him saying even if he got any visitation Sarah would turn on a dime the first time she didn't like something he did or said.

Maggie: I'm going to fix this situation as Xander will listen to me. Sarah: Why would you do that?? Let's make it harder!!

Why is it all or nothing full custody? 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 5

Because this show is all about flashy extremes now and never about nuance. It is sad.

Sarah, as an American doctor, could have probably moved to the ends of the earth and kept this kid a secret forever. Isn't that kinda what Valerie did with Eli?

I've taken a vacation from Salem, so I've missed a bit. Was adult Holly seriously talking with child Rachel? Aren't they like...two years apart in age?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Because this show is all about flashy extremes now and never about nuance. It is sad.

Sarah, as an American doctor, could have probably moved to the ends of the earth and kept this kid a secret forever. Isn't that kinda what Valerie did with Eli?

I've taken a vacation from Salem, so I've missed a bit. Was adult Holly seriously talking with child Rachel? Aren't they like...two years apart in age?

Yes, and Xander was their 'stepfather'; Holly in 2018 and Rachel in 2020

• Like 2

Brady is what happens when Mother Nature goes batshit crazy and allows canned hams to become sentient.

Sorta like when toaster ovens achieve consciousness and become Marlena.

No good, my friends, can come from either one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm not saying Theresa is an innocent but Brady has also done some truly heinous things.  Yet, somehow everybody in Salem goes around trashing Theresa (who actually showed some growth before the writers decided to completely ruin her character) while Brady (who hasn't really changed from an asshole with anger issues) is universally regarded as a "great guy."  

What growth did Theresa show exactly? The last time she was here she still used Tate as a weapon to get Brady to be with her during their custody battle. 

Brady has his flaws but he at least I believe he cares about people other than himself.  I don't get that with Theresa at all unless she had scenes with Caroline.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't get that with Theresa at all unless she had scenes with Caroline.

She did, back in the day, and cared for her off-screen before she died. She also left town to care for her mother, and left with Matteo to protect Bonehead Brady and Tate.

She's not as heartless as some of you guys consider her LOL.

....I fully hate this lazy character regression. Hearing her say her fashion business has dried up more or less today was a bummer. Can she be anything more than a pathetic man-hungry money-grubber?

All these scenes of Nicole and Eric waxing about how he deserves to be a Dad make me want to rip out my hair. Ron gets off on continuity references right? So how TF is he sidestepping Eric as a father to Holly this easily?

They did a ton of build-up over the idea of Nicole finally getting to be a mother when Holly was born but then did nothing with her actually being a Mom. Why do I get the sense the same will be true of Eric?

Constantin wooing Maggie is an interesting follow-up plot for her, coming off Victor's death. I really hope Suzanne gets good material post-John. I don't want her sidelined.

How in the hell is Roman giving Harris - the guy who nearly killed Hope! - a place to stay....but not Theresa, whose son is now working at the Pub?? Huh?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Constantin wooing Maggie is an interesting follow-up plot for her, coming off Victor's death. I really hope Suzanne gets good material post-John. I don't want her sidelined.

And going from scene partner named John to another. Real name, that is, for both Victor and Konstantin.

Very common name, naturally, but still.

ETA: And, duh! John Clarke and John Ingle [both who played Mickey].

Weird how so many love interests for Maggie/Suzanne had the same name!

Except for Joe Gallison [Neil], I guess!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I did get a kick of Kristen hugging "Christopher ". I like that he silently acknowledged he knew their history.  

Oooohhh I missed this. Did he recoil from the hug? Tell her to go kill herself? Anything like that?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oooohhh I missed this. Did he recoil from the hug? Tell her to go kill herself? Anything like that?

That was the interesting part, he didn't recoil, look disgusted, or get mad. He just corrected her. He reacted in a similar way that John and Phillip react to Vivian when she hugs them. They're annoyed by her but they still have feelings for her. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And going from scene partner named John to another. Real name, that is, for both Victor and Konstantin.

Very common name, naturally, but still.

ETA: And, duh! John Clarke and John Ingle [both who played Mickey].

Weird how so many love interests for Maggie/Suzanne had the same name!

Except for Joe Gallison [Neil], I guess!

I never really put that together. Very interesting.

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

She did, back in the day, and cared for her off-screen before she died. She also left town to care for her mother, and left with Matteo to protect Bonehead Brady and Tate.

....I fully hate this lazy character regression. Hearing her say her fashion business has dried up more or less today was a bummer. Can she be anything more than a pathetic man-hungry money-grubber?

All these scenes of Nicole and Eric waxing about how he deserves to be a Dad make me want to rip out my hair. Ron gets off on continuity references right? So how TF is he sidestepping Eric as a father to Holly this easily?

They did a ton of build-up over the idea of Nicole finally getting to be a mother when Holly was born but then did nothing with her actually being a Mom. Why do I get the sense the same will be true of Eric?

How in the hell is Roman giving Harris - the guy who nearly killed Hope! - a place to stay....but not Theresa, whose son is now working at the Pub?? Huh?

Her sacrificing herself to El Fideo(as stupid as that was because there's no way Shane would let her do that to begin with) was genuine on her part I will give her that. 

However she puts her fixation on Brady above all else. I mean she left Chloe there and was willing to never tell anyone about it(and I don't even like Chloe that much either), tried to take Tate away from him etc. Any reaction Brady has to Theresa is based on something she's already done not vice versa. This is why Brady isn't worse to me than Theresa.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I look at her and see cold hearted heartless Gwen.   

JL's Theresa I would feel more layered and connected to her story but this actress switch isn't really making Theresa layered. Would have been better with a new actress. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I look at her and see cold hearted heartless Gwen.   

JL's Theresa I would feel more layered and connected to her story but this actress switch isn't really making Theresa layered. Would have been better with a new actress. 

It's pretty much impossible for EOB to pull this off...the writing is insultingly regressing Theresa to an 18 year old all over again. She's poor and money grubbing again? And desperate for a man again? Huh? She's just not rootable at all. Plus we're listening to hear how well Emily can hide her accent. Plus there's the wig. And Gwen was literally just front-burner.

I've never hated Emily and always thought Gwen was a tough role to be saddled with. This is even worse. A job is a job but...yeah. This was never going to go well.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why Brady isn't worse to me than Theresa.

I'm not necessarily saying he's worse.  It's just the fact that Theresa hasn't done anything half as bad as a lot of the Salem residents and she's universally trashed while Brady, who has admittedly done some pretty awful stuff is still pretty universally revered as a "great guy."  Sort of like how everyone bends over backwards to tell Eric what a great father he'll be when he's PROVEN he's shit as a father.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm not necessarily saying he's worse.  It's just the fact that Theresa hasn't done anything half as bad as a lot of the Salem residents and she's universally trashed while Brady, who has admittedly done some pretty awful stuff is still pretty universally revered as a "great guy."  Sort of like how everyone bends over backwards to tell Eric what a great father he'll be when he's PROVEN he's shit as a father.

I don't think Theresa is worse than the likes of Kristen that's for sure but I don't like her because to me she's just awful for no reason.

Theresa I don't get her motivation for half the things she does. She's a golddigger ok but why? She didn't grow up poor.  Did she have a bad childhood like Eve did? I mean at least with Eve I got why she turned out the way she did but Theresa is awful just because and that really doesn't make her appealing to me.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think Theresa is worse than the likes of Kristen that's for sure but I don't like her because to me she's just awful for no reason.

Theresa I don't get her motivation for half the things she does. She's a golddigger ok but why? She didn't grow up poor.  Did she have a bad childhood like Eve did? I mean at least with Eve I got why she turned out the way she did but Theresa is awful just because and that really doesn't make her appealing to me.

And thus continues the now decades long craptastic writing that is Days of our Lives….  😔

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Today's episode was brought to you by the dropping of very unsubtle anvils

Maggie: I always thought I'd get along well with a son of Victor's

Xander: If I were Victor's son I this is what I would have done

Then of course the confirmation. I did like that Konstantin had some knowledge of Xander and that he had screwed over his family, that makes it more likely he would go along with this.

So Theresa's big plan is to marry the moron and take half of half of Victor's fortune? Alex is dumb enough that she might well succeed

I am worried about baby Victoria. Konstantin knows she is the heir to Victor's entire fortune and if he goes rogue on Theresa, that baby will be the target to get at the money

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I really liked the confrontation scene between Xander & Alex/aka/Alexander vs. Alexander.   Paul Telfer is so good when he is menacing(but I like him when he is cheery too :)  Alex is going to have quite the come-down when he finds out the Truth.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Marlena could see Eric's apartment lights on?

Dimera mansion security is still horrible, Sloan made it right to back doors. 

The will not pointing out a CEO makes sense because Xander never would remove Maggie.  

Theresa has regressed so much, they took her years back to make her vile when she was a mother parenting her son all this time. 

Maggie and Alex are stupid.  Alex buying Theresa, Maggie falling for the lies by Constantine playing her. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Maggie and Alex are stupid.  Alex buying Theresa, Maggie falling for the lies by Constantine playing her.

As I said before, if any of these characters used the gray matter they possessed, 99.9% of these plots [can't call them stories!] would end in 5 seconds flat.

• Like 4