Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, boes said:

If anyone is worried about what having AI on our television screens might be like, they need look no further than watching RoboMar try to pretend to be human.  The measured blinking, the dry titter, that faint sound of her internal tape deck rewinding when she stands up, that's Doc.

John gets Dick Van Dyke as his father, Marlena would end up the daughter of Tommy the Toaster and some Roomba with no morals.

There literally is no there, there, with her anymore.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ouch. By all means, boes, please feel free to be candid with us!

Yeah, it's tough watching the so-called leading lady of the series be so mannered and almost angry to be there. There's little connection with Marlena. John, even with his tics, feels entirely more genuine.

Heck, Julie is more connected!

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Ugh show. Thanks for trashing Edmund

Oh no...is it bad?

Damnit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ouch. By all means, boes, please feel free to be candid with us!

Yeah, it's tough watching the so-called leading lady of the series be so mannered and almost angry to be there. There's little connection with Marlena. John, even with his tics, feels entirely more genuine.

Heck, Julie is more connected!

Oh no...is it bad?

Damnit.

This is why I will forever prefer John with Isabella

Yes, Edmund is not only keeping Susan captive but apparently their marriage sucked and she only loves the unseen Roger. The only part that made me laugh was Harris staring at Susan freaked out by seeing a female Thomas, and a flashback with Susan intoning 'spoiler alert'

Apparently two men delivered her to Edmund in London and told him to protect her. Who would that be?

Don't care about Belle, Talia etc. Rafe and Tripp sucked. How would Edmund be packing a piece in London? We don't have guns there

• Like 8
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah, I just love it when the show retroactively ruins storylines I enjoyed. 

On the other hand, I did enjoy Susan, Harris, and Ava, and that's something I never thought I'd say here. LOL

I completely forgot about Roger. It looks like he hasn't been seen onscreen since about 2018. Geez. That was when Susan was trying to gaslight Will into thinking he was EJ, right?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did she say their marriage sucked? I thought she just said she loved Roger now. Which makes sense since she seems to have not been with Edmund for a long time?

Yes she said they had nightly fights 

• Like 2

The Audacity of a Cheating Thot to say it's not the same thing(her Cheating with Philip and EJ)cause her and Shawn were not married as his ONS, is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. To say I can't believe you would do this to us and me, when you done nothing but do it to him and your marriage? Bi%$@ what?

To act like his one transgression is unforgivable when he has forgiving you for making his Rape all about you? For walking out on your marriage when things got tough? So you can divorce him so you can run and screw your sister's rapists baby daddy? And wasn't going to tell him till her sister got to him first 🤔I can't stand this hoe. As self righteous as the day as long with her nose in the air. Just end them already 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This is why you should never want characters you like to return.

6 minutes ago, Nique said:

The Audacity of a Cheating Thot to say it's not the same thing(her Cheating with Philip and EJ)cause her and Shawn were not married as his ONS, is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. To say I can't believe you would do this to us and me, when you done nothing but do it to him and your marriage? Bi%$@ what?

To act like his one transgression is unforgivable when he has forgiving you for making his Rape all about you? For walking out on your marriage when things got tough? So you can divorce him so you can run and screw your sister's rapists baby daddy? And wasn't going to tell him till her sister got to him first 🤔I can't stand this hoe. As self righteous as the day as long with her nose in the air. Just end them already 

I'm not bothered by Belle being angry because despite her past affairs, Belle thought she was in a committed marriage this time around. However her lack of self awareness really makes her rather insufferable.

I feel the reveal is too soon they could've made this a story where Talia finds out she's pregnant and Marlena knew but had to keep it a secret from Belle.  Instead of Jan raping Shawn and passing off someone else's kid as Shawn's.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why you should never want characters you like to return.

I'm not bothered by Belle being angry because despite her past affairs, Belle thought she was in a committed marriage this time around. However her lack of self awareness really makes her rather insufferable.

I feel the reveal is too soon they could've made this a story where Talia finds out she's pregnant and Marlena knew but had to keep it a secret from Belle.  Instead of Jan raping Shawn and passing off someone else's kid as Shawn's.

That's what bothered me her lack of self awareness. If she had stuck to being upset & not saying stupid stuff about her cheating vs his cheating, I wouldn't have been half as irritated. I also think in her anger she could have realized how she has treated Shawn and calmed the hell down. Instead of acting like it's unforgivable given how many times she has been forgiven.

Shawn cheated like 2 weeks real time what was the point?

Edited by Nique
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Nique said:

That's what bothered me her lack of self awareness. If she had stuck to being upset & not saying stupid stuff about her cheating vs his cheating, I wouldn't have been half as irritated. I also think in her anger she could have realized how she has treated Shawn and calmed the hell down. Instead of acting like it's unforgivable given how many times she has been forgiven.

Shawn cheated like 2 weeks real time what was the point?

Yeah that's what bothered me especially since she got with EJ because she was angry with Shawn over being raped by Jan making it seem like it was his fault it happened.

There was no point to this. I mean I'm not bothered that Shawn strayed I mean it's about time but it could've been done way better and preferably sooner. This is the story Talia should've been in instead of that Chanel/Colin mess. Their affair could've been set up over months until they slept together. She finds out she's pregnant as does Marlena who can't tell because of doctor/patient confidentiality. There was a lot of dramatic potential with this storyline especially if EJ or Philip found out about this and told Belle if we had a good soap writer.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah that's what bothered me especially since she got with EJ because she was angry with Shawn over being raped by Jan making it seem like it was his fault it happened.

There was no point to this. I mean I'm not bothered that Shawn strayed I mean it's about time but it could've been done way better and preferably sooner. This is the story Talia should've been in instead of that Chanel/Colin mess. Their affair could've been set up over months until they slept together. She finds out she's pregnant as does Marlena who can't tell because of doctor/patient confidentiality. There was a lot of dramatic potential with this storyline especially if EJ or Philip found out about this and told Belle if we had a good soap writer.

She wasn’t angry at Shawn for being raped by Jan, nor did she blame him for that. She was pissed because Shawn kept catering to Jan, inviting her to live with him and Belle, etc.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

She wasn't angry or left Shawn over raping by Jan.  Shawn was catering and falling for everything Jan did. Moving her in and siding with her manipulations and let Jan kick her out.  The way Shawn handled Jan was stupid. 

Belle and Shawn were separated when she was with EJ.  There's no separation here with Shawn and Belle. She has a right to be angry and walk away,  still especially when she's been doing everything to support him. 

The writers ruined and destroyed Edmund. Possessive Edmund? Gun tott

Who is the 2 men who found her and gave her to Edmund? Wouldn't people go to EJ for ransom? 

Talia and her eyebrows need to just go. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Talia and her eyebrows need to just go. 

Thank you. I was waiting for the left one to lower and it never did.

5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yes she said they had nightly fights 

Ok, I didn't quite hear that. She said he was possessive.

Do I like Edmund being recast in a negative light? Nope. But let's remember that most of his onscreen character arc in the 90s revolved around him protecting Susan in a smothering semi-creepy way and then immediately marrying her. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he was smothering as a husband in some way. Or too enamored with her to the point of Susan getting uncomfortable.

Do not forget: Susan was still happy with him in 2014, just prior to EJ dying. She even told Marlena about him. So I'm not buying any 'we were always fighting' BS even if that's what the writers try to claim now.

Ron's pet characters get gold star treatment and everyone else - especially classic characters making quick returns - get trashed. (Hi Laura! Hi Craig and Nancy!)

I'll be grateful if Edmund escapes this plot alive and without prison time.

..and boes, today of all days, you pick on Marlena? She was pretty good I thought!

There's a lot of lingering resentment between Shawn and Belle. I do think this is more about him trying to hurt himself in various ways than him hurting Belle, and I feel like she probably knows that.

I definitely felt MM giving this material all she had. Wish she had a better scene partner though.

....time for a Shawn recast? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, boes said:

If anyone is worried about what having AI on our television screens might be like, they need look no further than watching RoboMar try to pretend to be human.  The measured blinking, the dry titter, that faint sound of her internal tape deck rewinding when she stands up, that's Doc.

John gets Dick Van Dyke as his father, Marlena would end up the daughter of Tommy the Toaster and some Roomba with no morals.

There literally is no there, there, with her anymore.

Marlena:  I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to help you.  I am an objective professional.

Also Marlena:  If you think I'm not going to judge the HELL out of you, you are sadly mistaken.

An actual REAL professional, would have simply said that in light of the new information she could not longer work with Talia.  She would have stopped the whole Talia drama scene it its tracks.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do not forget: Susan was still happy with him in 2014, just prior to EJ dying. She even told Marlena about him. So I'm not buying any 'we were always fighting' BS even if that's what the writers try to claim now.

I'm curious to see EJ and Edmund interact because, if we go by the story that was set up, Edmund was EJ's stepfather.

• Like 2

I doubt they'll share scenes. Ednund was just a bizarre cameo in the Susan Is Alive storyline...just as Susan was a bizarre cameo (though present slightly longer) in the Will Is Alive storyline.

ReRon.

Boy, did some of you try to warn us!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow, that was the most mature break up scene I've ever seen on this show, and Xander was part of it. He has had a LOT of growth this year. Chloe has been so very good for him. I am not ready for the misery of the Xarah train being foisted on us but you know it is coming for us and him. Choo choo here it comes! Glad she wasn't planning to take off with Phillip, just letting him know

I really liked the pacing of this episode; all scenes were tied into each other with no filler. Rex needs to go home to his actual kid and let Sarah figure things out. I notice he did not inform his bro that Sarah told him she is still in love with Xander. He does not want to hear that.

Oh EJ ordering hits still. I wonder once this latest one is foiled or called off if Xander will ever tell the cops EJ tried to hire him to off Ava. I don't think it is even on his radar to snitch on him, but he might get annoyed if this hit makes him look dangerous for Victoria. 

Goodbye Edmund. I still think you are a decent guy who was trying to protect Susan. Wonder who the goons were who dumped her back in his life?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

She wasn’t angry at Shawn for being raped by Jan, nor did she blame him for that. She was pissed because Shawn kept catering to Jan, inviting her to live with him and Belle, etc.

She was rather unsympathetic over how affected he was but then again it was treated as an afterthought by this show that he was raped.

18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Marlena:  I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to help you.  I am an objective professional.

Also Marlena:  If you think I'm not going to judge the HELL out of you, you are sadly mistaken.

An actual REAL professional, would have simply said that in light of the new information she could not longer work with Talia.  She would have stopped the whole Talia drama scene it its tracks.

The thing is Marlena dealt with a similar situation back when Paul saw her and he mentioned having an affair with Will. Then Marlena ended it right there and said she couldn't be involved. Paul wondered why then Marlena told him that Will was her grandson. So to have her do this is rather jarring tbh.

• Like 3

Ava just walks into the Dimera house? She's kinda smug for still being a psycho who did all she did to Bonnie and Susan. Plus blowing up a funeral. 

We're pretending none of that happened?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Chloe’s sudden unresolved “feelings” for Philip seems forced. She was madly in love with Brady, and now she thinks Philip has always been the one?

I think that's the most blatant "we've decided to break up this s good couple for no real reason and now we have to figure out how to justify the 180" I've ever seen.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
On 10/1/2023 at 1:07 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I can't figure how Daniel was around when Brady was a kid, though...

Daniel was Victor's godson. That was always canon. Daniel's "parents" were Victor's old friends. When they had trouble conceiving, Victor stepped in and used his money/power to "acquire" Maggie's eggs (not knowing they were hers). 

I'm assuming it was Thomas who had Susan brought to Edmund.  It fits, two random henchmen. First I thought Rolf, but he wouldn't of kept that from EJ. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She was rather unsympathetic over how affected he was but then again it was treated as an afterthought by this show that he was raped.

The thing is Marlena dealt with a similar situation back when Paul saw her and he mentioned having an affair with Will. Then Marlena ended it right there and said she couldn't be involved. Paul wondered why then Marlena told him that Will was her grandson. So to have her do this is rather jarring tbh.

I'd forgotten that.  I guess because it was Belle (who Marlena always thinks can do no wrong) who was cheated on that Marlena became such a bitch to Talia.  Or maybe she just thinks if it's HER family member that's cheating (i.e. it was Will cheating, not Sonny) that it's all OK then.

1 minute ago, JBC344 said:

Daniel was Victor's godson. That was always canon. Daniel's "parents" were Victor's old friends. When they had trouble conceiving, Victor stepped in and used his money/power to "acquire" Maggie's eggs (not knowing they were hers). 

That whole story line really drove me crazy.  Apparently,  Maggie was not only freezing her eggs (for some unknown reason), but having them stolen and used a full 10 years before in vitro fertilization was even discovered.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Ava just walks into the Dimera house? She's kinda smug for still being a psycho who did all she did to Bonnie and Susan. Plus blowing up a funeral. 

We're pretending none of that happened?

Forgive me - which funeral was that?

Yeah, she's too pleased with herself 24/7. Now that Susan is alive, can EJ still off her? I'll chip in.

I hate how Edmund - who I love and would gladly see more of - gets sent to UK jail and written off as nuts while Ava gets "redeemed" yet again. The big question is: will we get to see more of her fascinating catering business subplot again? 😒

How did Harris emerge from the front door of Edmund's apartment when he and the gang were tied up at the back of it? Does the prop department not have enough doors?

I still hate this Psychic Susan bullshit. If you wanted Celeste back, Ron, you should have just written in Celeste.

Rex and Philip both need to be recast, sorry fellas. I never need to see either of these guys in these parts again.

Clearly, Paul and Nadia enjoyed working together...but I will not miss Xander with Chloe...or their super special dart board of love. Paul once again impressed though.

And no, I don't blame Chloe for being drawn to Philip suddenly (even though it is awkwardly forced into the narrative) because she thought he was gone forever and had regrets. Imagine an old flame of yours returning from the grave. You'd be so stunned initially you might need to try again, if only out of euphoria and shock.

Can SH please knock it off with the wild hand gestures and stuttering? Susan is supposed to be cute. Not f***ing grating.

Glad she's alive but already annoyed at the performance. 

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

That whole story line really drove me crazy.  Apparently,  Maggie was not only freezing her eggs (for some unknown reason), but having them stolen and used a full 10 years before in vitro fertilization was even discovered.

When they pulled that shit on Ally McBeal's abysmal 5th season, I just about threw the TV clear across the room. A truly awful plot device.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I'm assuming it was Thomas who had Susan brought to Edmund.  It fits, two random henchmen. First I thought Rolf, but he wouldn't of kept that from EJ. 

Ahhhh! Smart! That would totally fit.

Oh shoot, does this mean that line about how Susan resembles her brother mean that now SH will get to play Thomas too?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Today's episode (Thursday) was just so much fun. I honestly loved everything about it except maybe the kind of slow Phillip/Chloe scenes but at least they tied into the rest of the show.

Best bits:

EJ and Xander. Dream pairing. So much fun to see two amoral people negotiating. 

Kate calling Sarah a manipulative user. Go Kate

Xander prodding Rex with one foot and saying 'time to wake up jackass'. Then telling Rex he had fainted during their spat. Lol

EJ and Susan. Dan just looks like he is barely keeping it together when she is all over him calling him her sweet baby boy.

Sarah asking Rex for a divorce one day in. Can he leave now? Please

Xander getting the info he needs to get some say in a custody battle and calling his mystery lawyer (but I think we can all guess who it is)

Kill me. Harris just works with Ava. He was a block of wood against KA but TB just brings him to life. 

Edit: Forgot that Phillip's non reaction to Alex being Victor's "son" sums up why this is not going to stick.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

Team Kate, all the way baby. I love her "cut the crap Sarah!" attitude. I don't hate Sarah but she really did need a reality check from someone other than Xander, who is too easy to discount because of his crimes.

Kate is totally right about Sarah leading Rex on for her own reasons and it was really nice to have someone call that kind of behavior out.

(Pssst Kate - Lucas could sure use your help. He's still in prison, remember?)

Is it natural for a woman who just gave birth to wear tight pants?

The Marlena Susan reunion was totally unnecessary, since the show hasn't done squat to develop their friendship these last few years, but as a 90s fan I appreciated it.

How does Marlena hear about how Edmund chained her up and not say "WTF?? That harmless dolt? But he loves you! Huh?" Marlena loved Edmund on sight. She totally shipped Susan and Edmund. It's sad how the show just wants us to overlook the validity of that entire relationship.

I'm sorry but all this religious/palm reading shit is seriously grating on my last nerve. Susan was never especially religious or psychic. Ron, please stop. PLEASE. Her natural personality is "extra" enough.

Ava acting all coy upon seeing Harris lift his shirt is also incredibly dumb.

Philip and Chloe are...fine. Whatever. Please come back with a new Philip.

Was anyone else surprised Macho Man Harris took a couple of minutes of worrying before even attempting to break the chains in England? He should have busted out of that flimsy trap in 2 seconds, right? Isn't he supposed to be Mr Navy Seal Badass?

Also...

HOW ARE SUSAN AND EJ NOT DISCUSSING EDMUND, HIS STEP-FATHER, HAVING LOST HIS DAMN MIND?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Chloe’s sudden unresolved “feelings” for Philip seems forced. She was madly in love with Brady, and now she thinks Philip has always been the one?

This is why I don't take any of the relationships seriously on this show unless it's the mainstay couples like Jarlena and Stayla. Everything is interchangeable.

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Forgive me - which funeral was that?

Yeah, she's too pleased with herself 24/7. Now that Susan is alive, can EJ still off her? I'll chip in.

I hate how Edmund - who I love and would gladly see more of - gets sent to UK jail and written off as nuts while Ava gets "redeemed" yet again. The big question is: will we get to see more of her fascinating catering business subplot again? 😒

How did Harris emerge from the front door of Edmund's apartment when he and the gang were tied up at the back of it? Does the prop department not have enough doors?

I still hate this Psychic Susan bullshit. If you wanted Celeste back, Ron, you should have just written in Celeste.

Rex and Philip both need to be recast, sorry fellas. I never need to see either of these guys in these parts again.

Clearly, Paul and Nadia enjoyed working together...but I will not miss Xander with Chloe...or their super special dart board of love. Paul once again impressed though.

And no, I don't blame Chloe for being drawn to Philip suddenly (even though it is awkwardly forced into the narrative) because she thought he was gone forever and had regrets. Imagine an old flame of yours returning from the grave. You'd be so stunned initially you might need to try again, if only out of euphoria and shock.

Can SH please knock it off with the wild hand gestures and stuttering? Susan is supposed to be cute. Not f***ing grating.

Glad she's alive but already annoyed at the performance. 

When they pulled that shit on Ally McBeal's abysmal 5th season, I just about threw the TV clear across the room. A truly awful plot device.

Yes Hayden Pantierre played that child too. I haven't watched that show in ages but I do remember quitting that show when RDJ's character left(although given his RL problems I understood why but I just loved Ally/Larry together).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sarah is living with her mom? Where is Rex living? Lol 

I liked Kate yelling at Sarah.  Sarah acts like she's such a good person and better than Xander. She lies, manipulates and does bad things too. 

Shouldn't Carly and Jason be going back to the institution they ran away from? They should have been taken right having. Ava still committed a lot of crimes. Fraud, forgery, kidnapping, attempted murders. Rafe let's them wander around. 

"My brother Alex." That was odd to hear come out of Philips mouth.  Shouldn't they have had a scene together after the news came out?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

My brother Alex." That was odd to hear come out of Philips mouth.  Shouldn't they have had a scene together after the news came out?

This is not the first nor will it be the last time this show tries to shoehorn familial relationships between people solely based on family ties- even though the characters have little to zero historical interaction.  👎

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes Hayden Pantierre played that child too. I haven't watched that show in ages but I do remember quitting that show when RDJ's character left(although given his RL problems I understood why but I just loved Ally/Larry together).

Yes she did....and 400%. You saved yourself a world of heartache BTW.

For those who don't remember, Ally and Larry were supposed to get married in that last episode of season 4. But RDJ got arrested and was obviously unavailable, so they recut and refilmed the final 2 episodes super fast so Larry got cold feet and broke up with her. It was sad as hell...but she took it in stride. It was a waaaay better finale than the show got when it was canceled a year later.

That last season was pure torture. Horrendously unfunny and rehashed. And Ally - the perpetual romantic - suddenly having a 10 year old daughter show up on her doorstep because she'd "donated her eggs to science" in the late 80s or some shit was ridiculous and stupid and implausible and the jump the shark moment from which there was absolutely no returning.

*breathes into a paper bag*

• Like 3

Shouldn't Jada have more to go on to arrest Dimitri than the word of stefan,gabi,and vivian.A good lawyer could get thrown out especially with finding out that they forced him him to sign over his shares while he was shot.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4

Today was pretty annoying. We all knew Gwen wasn't going to Lorenna Bobbit Dimitri. MVP was Gabi for just telling the truth about who shot him.

Poor EOB. That wig and make up at the end. 

Stacy is sure getting a lot of air time this week

Alex is definitely being set up for a fall. If/when Xander gets the power I bet he puts Maggie back in as CEO. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

As much as I dislike Sarah, I'm sad to say I didn't get any enjoyment in the Kate/Sarah scenes.

First, this isn't the Kate who framed Sami for Franco's murder or poisoned Chloe. This Kate is rather tame, and she's been tame for quite some time. Getting snarky with Megan (sp?) Dimera was the last time she had shown any fire to me. (Yes, even the scenes with Vivian haven't been particularly scathing as far as I'm concerned.)

Second, the show has never invested in Rex and Sarah. I mean they don't even have a couple name online. (Sex is right there!) Yes, I know they have a lot of (offscreen) history, and Rex was apart of adult Sarah's reintroduction storyline. However, that was mostly off-screen and short-lived before the Emily/Mimi/Bonnie baby lie was revealed. There's the on-the-run storyline with Mackenzie, but they weren't in a relationship. There's Chicago but that was mostly off-screen. Now there's this fake wedding, but Sarah has made it perfectly clear she has no romantic feelings for Rex. Rex even knows she has no romantic feelings.

Third, while I love Kate in Mama Bear mode and she has generated stories for Austin, Lucas, Philip, and Billie as a Mama Bear, this kinda goes back to my last point. Kate simply isn't that character anymore, and Rex doesn't have the same established relationship with Kate as a mother or a protector. Their relationship feels pretty generic and mostly to serve the Karmen (Kate/Roman) relationship.

Fourth, Kate and Sarah don't have a history interesting enough to give those scenes gravitas. A reignited Kate vs. Sami? YES! Kate vs. Chloe? YES! Kate vs. Bo or Hope? Kate vs. Carrie? Not really anymore since that's so far in the past but I'll take it. Even Kate vs. Belle could be juicy. Kate vs. Sarah? Not at all.

Xander, Eric, Gwen, Kristin, and maybe Rex have a relationship or antagonism with Sarah to really give her scenes a pizzazz of history and rivalry. Kate simply isn't it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

As much as I dislike Sarah, I'm sad to say I didn't get any enjoyment in the Kate/Sarah scenes.

First, this isn't the Kate who framed Sami for Franco's murder or poisoned Chloe. This Kate is rather tame, and she's been tame for quite some time. Getting snarky with Megan (sp?) Dimera was the last time she had shown any fire to me. (Yes, even the scenes with Vivian haven't been particularly scathing as far as I'm concerned.)

Second, the show has never invested in Rex and Sarah. I mean they don't even have a couple name online. (Sex is right there!) Yes, I know they have a lot of (offscreen) history, and Rex was apart of adult Sarah's reintroduction storyline. However, that was mostly off-screen and short-lived before the Emily/Mimi/Bonnie baby lie was revealed. There's the on-the-run storyline with Mackenzie, but they weren't in a relationship. There's Chicago but that was mostly off-screen. Now there's this fake wedding, but Sarah has made it perfectly clear she has no romantic feelings for Rex. Rex even knows she has no romantic feelings.

Third, while I love Kate in Mama Bear mode and she has generated stories for Austin, Lucas, Philip, and Billie as a Mama Bear, this kinda goes back to my last point. Kate simply isn't that character anymore, and Rex doesn't have the same established relationship with Kate as a mother or a protector. Their relationship feels pretty generic and mostly to serve the Karmen (Kate/Roman) relationship.

Fourth, Kate and Sarah don't have a history interesting enough to give those scenes gravitas. A reignited Kate vs. Sami? YES! Kate vs. Chloe? YES! Kate vs. Bo or Hope? Kate vs. Carrie? Not really anymore since that's so far in the past but I'll take it. Even Kate vs. Belle could be juicy. Kate vs. Sarah? Not at all.

Xander, Eric, Gwen, Kristin, and maybe Rex have a relationship or antagonism with Sarah to really give her scenes a pizzazz of history and rivalry. Kate simply isn't it. 

I feel like Xander and Rex have more of an onscreen past than Sarah and Rex, they have had quite a few memorable scenes together. My favourite was when they went out drinking and Kate ran into them and was appalled because Xander had just kept her and Ted captive in the tunnels. And Rex was all ''yeah I'm super mad about that but he is a great drinking buddy". Lol

I am glad Xander is going right for full custody. I'm sure he doesn't really want to take the baby away from Sarah but tit for tat, she is claiming full custody AND trying to get him to just accept another man will be raising his daughter. Absolutely not. 

I was thinking about how many Salem days have passed since we saw Victoria born on screen September 11th. Apparently only three! So in 3 days Xander went through his uncle's funeral, Sarah giving birth, planning his wedding, finding out the baby was his, breaking up with Chloe and then finally almost getting killed in a hit.  I hope he has a good nap while we are being bored with this other stuff

Edit: How on earth did EJ know not only that Victoria was Xander's but the entire plan to pass Rex off as the father? Guess he had some spies eating chowder at that sad pub wedding.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Leo said Gwen wasn't violent person? Seriously? All she did to Sarah, injecting her with something to fry her brain, Abby too. Yes Gwen is just not violent.  She's a psycho. 

I don't blame Alex for taking control of Titan.  Maggie suddenly says how she feels close to him and they always cared.  When? She was hating on Alex and fired him. She was blaming Alex for deals home wrong when the guy didn't want to work with her. 

But maybe Theresa did something to the paperwork and someone who would work with Maggie is the son which is why the ommision of declaring the son ceo.  

The gun toting, where is my gun lines were hilarious. 

Vivian has a passport? 

Really gets a goodbye to Salem scene? Why is this character and actress such a pet where vets get nothing. 

These writers and staff are so bad they'd have Gwen go and bad wig come on at same episode.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I don't blame Alex for taking control of Titan. 

Right. Like why in the world would Maggie think he would let her be CEO lol?

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I legitimately started to crack up at Gwen leaving and then Emily O'Brien as Theresa immediately showing up afterwards. 

It was perfect!

• Like 5

I've newly come back to the show so I'm asking, Does Alex have any business experience? If he hasn't then jumping into the CEO positiom because Daddy gave him controlling interest seems like a stupid move.

10 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Shouldn't Jada have more to go on to arrest Dimitri than the word of stefan,gabi,and vivian.

Yeah, let's not investigate but jump right into arresting a guy in a hospital bed because the man who lied to you and the woman who is out on parole and shot him told you to.

• Like 2

Vivian has a passport? 

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing.

Really? Gwen gets a goodbye to Salem scene? Why is this character and actress such a pet where vets get nothing. 

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing.

These writers and staff are so bad they'd have Gwen go and bad wig come on at same episode.  

Yeah I was wondering about the...

You get my drift.

• LOL 4
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If they wanted the actress to take on a different character (and I hate the idea), the least they could do is put a decent wig on her head.   

• LOL 4

Leo said Gwen wasn't violent person? Seriously? All she did to Sarah, injecting her with something to fry her brain, Abby too. Yes Gwen is just not violent.  She's a psycho. 

Didn't she also probably kill Laura, or was that someone else?

• Like 4

Although I don't have a lot of sympathy for Gwen, I found Leo's reasons for betraying his "best friend" really lame.  Are we supposed to root for him and Dmitri  as a couple?  I don't find Leo a sympathetic character or his actions defensible.  

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Like 4
  • Love 1