Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

On 9/7/2024 at 1:06 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Does anyone else remember when he lifted her up and spun around in the pub, Dirty Dancing-style, in slow-mo? LOL.

I remember them also ripping off the shaving scene from circa 1993 General Hospital where Felicia shaves Mack's beard. Or was that with Dannifer?

• Like 1
(edited)

Another decent day, except for the Fiona pillow nonsense. She's ruined now, unfortunately. How did Sarah's nose not detect a pillow twice?

It's a real shame Ari Z isn't here for the long overdue Daniel fallout. Nicole was missed today.

Of course, I would have hated seeing more of Holly chewing her out, which we already got plenty of this year.

But isn't it interesting how the producers said they didn't need Ari much anymore and offered her a reduced episode count with this juicy plotline still waiting in the wings...and the EJ Wants Revenge plot brewing as well.

I'm not as invested in Ari's legal case, honestly, but if she gets a judge who watches the show, it'll be pretty easy to win. Anyone can see that there were Nicole-related plotlines left on the table!

I did enjoy the perfect flashback with Sarah and Eric, though. I wonder who dug that scene up? Even I'd forgotten it! Lucky for them they had a scene about baby Holly not knowing the secret that didn't have Nicole in it....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember them also ripping off the shaving scene from circa 1993 General Hospital where Felicia shaves Mack's beard. Or was that with Dannifer?

No they also had that scene but I thought they were ripping off Pacey/Joey from Dawson's Creek with that one but I forgot it was a Mac/Felicia thing as well(I liked it on both those shows than when Days did it).

16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait...Mac was with Felicia?

Don't you mean Mac and Rachel?

Mac/Felicia of General Hospita and they're still on.

Mac/Rachel are Another World two different soaps.

• Like 1

Oh look, Paulina gets shoehorned into yet another storyline she's got little business being in.  Now, miracle of miracles, her annoying voice is enough to bring Rafe out of his coma.

How interesting, since I think it's far more likely for Paulina's screech to put people in a coma, not bring them out of one.

Also, Show, try and read the room.  Do you see anyone, anywhere, who WANTED Rafe to come out of his coma?  It's such a shame, too, since he was playing someone who was brain dead to utter perfection.  Another Emmy reel shot to hell.

• LOL 12
(edited)
21 hours ago, norcalgal said:

!!!!!  🤯  wow  I can’t believe they’re still on GH!  Played by the same actors?  

Yes they’re grandparents now. We usually see them in family scenes also with Robert/Anna/Laura

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Hey! A day with characters I like!

And both Fiona and Doc were dressed well too! Double yay!

I would have preferred both Marlena and Eric being more honest with themselves about screwing up and keeping the secret from Holly. I mean...they REALLY DID screw up. That's the kind of information you really need to tell a girl before her classmates find out and shove it in her face. Plus, she's grown up in the same town Taniel worked, lived and died in! Doctor Evans Black had to have known better.

But whatever, it's still nice just to see mother and son together again. I especially liked how Marlena pointed out that she's raised a few kids and has made some mistakes. Human stuff like that is what this show should be about.

Fiona continues to be driven into the ground. Sigh.

I'm astonished Brady got away with a whole MONOLOGUE in that livingroom...but it honestly was one of the best scenes we've seen on this show all year. Sarah stayed silent - excellent choice there - Maggie reminded him he chose not to lean on her - also excellent - Xander nearly tore his head off but restrained himself. Tense, mature, well-performed. Good, good stuff there.

I was even surprised at the Kristen/EJ scene. I know he's in Bad Boy mode again but I didn't expect EJ to really threaten to jail Kristen when he knows stealing the car was super minor and has little reason to want to destroy Brady right now. He and Brady have hardly interacted of late.

It was nice seeing Kristen call his bluff while admitting nothing and walking away. Hopefully she had the brains to hire a thug to do the actual carjacking, otherwise there would be footage of her stealing it from the garage.

Nice to see Holly ease up on Tate a bit. Another realistic reaction the day after a blow-up.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I dont usually find Eric Martsolf(Brady) a good actor, but his scenes lately have been really well done...his apology to Sarah was a heartfelt scene...Brady's emotion really got to me.  And today, the scenes with Holly talking to EJ were excellent, I am a fan of Dan F....he makes EJ "human".  Holly & EJ have both been hurt by Nicole's choices, so it is natural they would bond.  And I also thought the scene with Eric talking to Sarah was really good, and I liked that Sarah did not say much but was just taking in Eric's emotions.  I wish we could see a Real Victoria.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I have to shake my head every time Xander rants about Brady possibly getting away with a crime.

How many crimes are there on which you skated, Xander?  Hmm?  You're the last one who should be a hypocrite about this.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I have to shake my head every time Xander rants about Brady possibly getting away with a crime.

How many crimes are there on which you skated, Xander?  Hmm?  You're the last one who should be a hypocrite about this.

I love Xander, but have to agree with you.   He did some awful things in the past, so he should ease up just a bit.  Even is mother pointed out that they both had done some terrible things in the past.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

This is in character for Xander. It's not nice, but he is reverting to the dangerous person that we keep being told he still is. Last year when Kate warned Rex to get away from Sarah cause Xander would hurt him, I just shrugged, Xander had been too good for too long for Rex to be at risk. The situation with Brady is different. Brady truly believes he crippled Sarah. Xander is convinced. Brady is getting off with no charges and wants to be punished. Xander feels helpless and needs to make him pay. It is a perfect storm. I do feel like he was stalling though, hitting the desk and the boxes, like he really doesn't have the stomach for it anymore. Brady just standing there hoping he would do it was probably a turn off too. If he'd fought back he'd have already hit him before Fiona arrived.

Speaking of Fiona, how good was she in the hospital scene with Xander? I really felt her complete fear of losing her son as fast as she got him back. No way is she confessing to the accident Monday, although I think Sarah already knows, I think she will come up with something to absolve Brady though.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It would be a cool twist if Sarah not only saw Fiona behind the wheel during hypnosis, but suspected Fiona earlier and played "sleeping" once she felt the pillow on her nose, to see if Fiona was really that evil.

I doubt that's the case, but I'd like something more nuanced than no one picking up on how weird Fiona is being (just as they didn't pick up on Theresa being weird).

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

No way is she confessing to the accident Monday, although I think Sarah already knows, I think she will come up with something to absolve Brady though.

Yes, how many times are we going to have her about to "confess" and then not do it.  It's already starting to get old.  I think Sarah really does know and isn't saying anything because she doesn't want to hurt Xander.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah said emphatically "I know who it was"

She needs to get Xander alone to tell him. She hasn't had that chance.

She did? I missed the scene.

That makes me feel better. I didn't want another 8 months of ignorance on her part. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah said emphatically "I know who it was"

She needs to get Xander alone to tell him. She hasn't had that chance.

Well, she has plenty of time.  The longer she lets Xander blame Brady, the worse she comes off.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If Sarah remembers and isn't saying it to 'protect Xander' then meh. Further proof they aren't really right for each other though lol.

There was also Xander trying to get Sarah to lie about seeing Brady in the driver's seat.  Sarah refused to and very pointedly told him that she didn't like that he asked her to do that.  Another bit of proof of that.

• Like 4

It's been 5 minutes. As far as Sarah knows, Brady is safe right now and can't be prosecuted.

Brady also asked Kristen to lie to EJ that she knew he was the driver. Both he and Xander are increasingly desperate. I hope whatever Fiona says Monday alibis Brady. Then hopefully Sarah talks to Xander about what she remembered. They may keep it quiet if Fiona agrees to do AA with Maggie. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Sarah has said twice that the driver wasn't Brady.  First when she had the quick flashback and then after the hypnosis.   Seems like she could tell EJ.  (Not that it would make much difference to him.)     But if she knows it was Fiona, she could at least say a woman was driving the car in order to get Brady off the hook.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

"My mother slept with my nephew" is not something you hear every day. Lol

Fake Abby needs to be found out, go Steve and get your DNA test.  Chad reciting vows to a con artist, calling Charlotte "our little girl" just cruel. 

KM Abby would be good to come back now and slap the imposter. Lol

• Like 4
  • Love 2

You'd think Fauxbigail would've learned by now to not call her co-conspirators from inside the mansion. And at the very least, stop turning her back to the door when she's on the damn phone!

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

You'd think Fauxbigail would've learned by now to not call her co-conspirators from inside the mansion. And at the very least, stop turning her back to the door when she's on the damn phone!

Everyone always just shrugs it off anyway so she's probably not that worried lol.

8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I think ALM and Billy have good chemistry. I like that it looks like she is being blackmailed so she isn’t a villain. I’d like to keep her around.

This. I like her a lot and Billy actually seems like he cares again about this story so he's putting in effort rather than just phoning it in like he does when he's bored.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Was Chad trying to tell us something when he said with a smile on his face that he was "light in the loafers"?  (I'm paraphrasing, but it means the same thing)

I think Ron is trying to tell us that the network kiboshed a plotline.

Jada's been looking really nice lately. Is it the hair? Her makeup? Her wardrobe? Keen eyed friends, please help me solve this mystery 😄

I really liked the camera pan up on Stefan with the Stefano portrait in the background. There aren't many interesting camera moves these days.

They've been using new music cues too. Small things like that make a difference.

The actress playing Connie hasn't improved all that much, has she?

"I like having you around!" "People all make mistakes!" Roman, buddy, talk to Marlena because your brain is not working properly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
21 hours ago, Artsda said:

"My mother slept with my nephew" is not something you hear every day. Lol

Fake Abby needs to be found out, go Steve and get your DNA test.  Chad reciting vows to a con artist, calling Charlotte "our little girl" just cruel. 

KM Abby would be good to come back now and slap the imposter. Lol

I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out. However I'm sure on this show I've heard my brother and sister are dating.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think Ron is trying to tell us that the network kiboshed a plotline.

I remained convinced that he and Zac Tinker's Sonny were going to get it on. LOL God, that would have been such a good storyline.

ALM does seem to be bringing out Billy Flynn's better acting insticts.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out. However I'm sure on this show I've heard my brother and sister are dating.

But....is it serious or just a fling??

• LOL 1
On 9/17/2024 at 12:13 AM, SouthernChick said:

I think ALM and Billy have good chemistry. I like that it looks like she is being blackmailed so she isn’t a villain. I’d like to keep her around.

I agree, and really do not want another "Clyde is blackmailing me so I cannot tell anyone" plot that drags on for months. We just had that in the last year with Stefan and Ava. Come clean Fake Abby at least to Chad, work on this together, and maybe fall in love.

• Like 2