Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

So some random character suddenly shows up months later to reveal herself as the real killer of Li?!   I am confused by this sudden twist in the plot....

• Like 7
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

So some random character suddenly shows up months later to reveal herself as the real killer of Li?!   I am confused by this sudden twist in the plot....

For some reason I was thinking she went on a date with him before he hooked up with Melinda? But my memory is crap so I could totally be making this up. 

• Like 5

Connie did go out with Li. We also saw her go after Melinda when Li was killed. Nice twist actually.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I can’t wait until EJ finds out about Stefan’s fling with Ava and spills it to Gabi. Hopefully publicly. Let Gabi feel the pain of her world collapsing.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, BoredAtHome said:

I'll sit through an hour of Paulina if I can skip fifteen minutes of Rachel. 

I know.  I feel a bit uncomfortable hating a child, even a fictional one, but I wouldn't mind it one bit if Rachel got locked in the wine cellar for the next 20 years.  Even better, if she got locked up WITH Paulina.  

That'd be justice.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, boes said:

I know.  I feel a bit uncomfortable hating a child, even a fictional one, but I wouldn't mind it one bit if Rachel got locked in the wine cellar for the next 20 years.

I honestly didn't hate Rachel until she and her brattiness ended up being the reason that Brady and Chloe broke up, made worse by the self-congratulatory letter she sent to Kristen giving herself full credit for doing that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Or is Misery-ing him some way. 

Oh wow, that's good spec. Ron would be all over that too so you might be right.

8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I can’t wait until EJ finds out about Stefan’s fling with Ava and spills it to Gabi. Hopefully publicly. Let Gabi feel the pain of her world collapsing.

Yessssss! And then EJ and Gabi can hate fuck lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Xander said no to the money.

I wish Xander would be accepted it and set it aside for Victoria's (and any future children's) college costs, but I understand the principle of turning it down based on Victor and Xander's history.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AManfred said:

I wish Xander would be accepted it and set it aside for Victoria's (and any future children's) college costs, but I understand the principle of turning it down based on Victor and Xander's history.

Back in May Maggie gave large amounts to Xander and Brady that they both immediately put into trust accounts for their kids. Sarah is the trustee for Victoria. This cheque was a bonus for Xander only cause he is Maggie's favourite. That's why he turned it down as a pity offering 

11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Connie did go out with Li. We also saw her go after Melinda when Li was killed. Nice twist actually.  

It made sense to me too. She was kinda obsessive about Li. And now I think she's living in the apartment she killed him in. I wonder how Bobby knows though. If he does

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Li must be alive or what's the point?   who cares who killed him, Gil or Connie?  if this were a jeopardy answer the question would be who are two characters I forgot existed?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Didn't the woman who plays Connie win some contest to get to play a bit part? I bet she was shocked to get to come back with a potentially real purpose. Or, the writers just had no clue where to take the Li story, so let's get the most obscure ending ever?

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Didn't the woman who plays Connie win some contest to get to play a bit part? I bet she was shocked to get to come back with a potentially real purpose. Or, the writers just had no clue where to take the Li story, so let's get the most obscure ending ever?

I believe that she won a walk-on role.  But it appears to have escalated into something a tad more major now.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 1:32 AM, Rodney said:

God, do you people hate Paulina so much that you'll find fault with everything that she says or does?  Even when it's not that bad?  It's getting woefully tiresome.

Aww....I hate seeing anyone so unhappy.  It hurts my heart.  Feel better soon.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 1:28 AM, boes said:

I know.  I feel a bit uncomfortable hating a child, even a fictional one, but I wouldn't mind it one bit if Rachel got locked in the wine cellar for the next 20 years.  Even better, if she got locked up WITH Paulina.  

That'd be justice.

They should've kept her as Mackenzie. I think she would've provided way more drama for this show than Rachel has. Plus a rapist wouldn't be rewarded by having their victim's baby.

Plus that lie by Sarah and Nicole ended up being for nothing in the end because they made her Rachel. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3

I'm playing catch-up and having a really hard time with the mental gymnastics apparently required for Friday's episode. That Kristen/EJ/Melinda scene was just bonkers. Everyone seemed to have the wrong jobs. Kristen, who has only ever wanted a man (John/Brady), Melinda who only ever wanted to be DA, and EJ who only ever wanted to be CEO or Mayor. Why did he become DA again originally months ago? Wasn't that a contrivance too?

There was hypocrisy all over the place.

Melinda: I am triggered just looking at you, Kristen, because you murdered my daughter and never paid for it!

Also Melinda: ...but I'm willing to overlook it all and work for you for the sake of plot contrivance (even though you could just pay me off and buy my silence or something, which would avoid my having to deal with your entire messed-up family).

+++

Gabi: The worst thing we could ever do, Stefan - love of my life - is allow a child to grow up separated from their father and in the hands of an evil man!

Also Gabi, previously: I have to conceal the fact that Abigail is pregnant by Chad so that their baby can be raised by an evil man, Stefan!

+++

Nicole: Now that I have my baby back after losing months with him, I'm going to leave my job!

Also Nicole: I'm still showing up to my job so that I can have contrived scenes with Eric!

+++

Eric and Nicole: The worst person in our lives is Xander Cook!

Also Eric and Nicole: We work for Xander for the sake of plot contrivance.

...I mean...LOL...come on DOOL!

The one good thing is seeing how Ron's over the top, quippy dialogue can be seriously softened by Rafe's lifeless delivery. The jokes seemed less forced and Rafe seemed to have an almost interesting personality for once.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Today's scenes with Nicole and EJ back at the mansion after the big reveal were very well done. Both of them deserve an Emmy. Best actors on this show. Hopefully DF won't leave the show too. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, rcc said:

Today's scenes with Nicole and EJ back at the mansion after the big reveal were very well done. Both of them deserve an Emmy. Best actors on this show. Hopefully DF won't leave the show too. 

Both Dan and Arianne did exceptionally well, but I can't spare much sympathy, if any, for E.J.  As I said last week, he had the option of telling Nicole the truth himself, but chose not to.  If he had and she still left him, then at least he gets to be the wronged, sympathetic party.  Now she gets to be instead.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Both Dan and Arianne did exceptionally well, but I can't spare much sympathy, if any, for E.J.  As I said last week, he had the option of telling Nicole the truth himself, but chose not to.  If he had and she still left him, then at least he gets to be the wronged, sympathetic party.  Now she gets to be instead.

No sympathy for EJ but love the actor.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Another great ep. They're on a roll!

I need EJ to tell Gabi that Stefan slept with Ava and then for EJ and Gabi to hate sex it up a little bit. NuGabi already has better chem with EJ than Stefan lol.

I miss Li. I'm happy to see him even for a bit. He was so funny today, too.

Bobby was looking Jada up and down so many times. Come on Ron, go there!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I need EJ to tell Gabi that Stefan slept with Ava and then for EJ and Gabi to hate sex it up a little bit. NuGabi already has better chem with EJ than Stefan lol.

I could be WAAAY wrong, but I'm starting to think Gabi already knows about Ava.  She gave him far too many opportunities to confess after she got out of prison and I can't think of any other reason why she would betray Stefan like that.  I didn't for an INSTANT buy that she was doing it to right the terrible wrong that was done to Eric.  They've never really interacted and it doesn't even seem like she particularly even likes him.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the implication that she did it just because she hates EJ is probable but you could be right. I'd like that twist. More reasons for her to have hate sex with EJ lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the implication that she did it just because she hates EJ is probable but you could be right. I'd like that twist. More reasons for her to have hate sex with EJ lol.

It could be interesting but yeah. Gabi did it because she hates EJ and she could not pass up the opportunity to screw him over after she got what she needed out of him. Honestly, I loved it. LOL Stefan begging and pleading with her and she decides to go ahead and screw him over anyway.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I totally agree!  Both Ari & Dan F.  were powerful in those scenes...I felt for both characters.  EJ looked so gutted & when he let out that Scream: it was great!  I could feel the emotion!  Bobby is a hoot with Jada.  I got a kick out of Li's facial expressions today as he reacted to "Crazy Connie" :)  And I think Gabi already knows Stefan slept with Ava & that is why she is throwing him under the bus.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I didn't for an INSTANT buy that she was doing it to right the terrible wrong that was done to Eric.  They've never really interacted and it doesn't even seem like she particularly even likes him.

Except that in Friday's episode, she distinctly pointed out to Stefan that keeping the secret wasn't fair to Eric (and yes, Stefan did admit that he agreed).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

This was a significant episode for this year, yes, but honestly, I was disappointed.

I liked Dan and Ari's acting, no question there, but not the way the reveal played out. The conference was such a random way to have it all be revealed. Pretty cliche to once again use Horton Square (complete with vaguely "shocked" bystanders, as usual), and yet it felt completely out of nowhere, which was my bigger issue.

If you're right about Gabi knowing about Stefan boinking Ava, Daphne, I don't see that really playing into Gabi's choice to drop the Jude bomb the way she did today. She still lives with EJ in his house and he's still DA, with plenty of power to hurt her. Why piss him off when she has nothing to gain and zero proof besides "my husband says"? And as others here have stated, she doesn't care about Eric particularly, and her using her own separation from daughter Ari as justification is flimsy, as it was with Melinda months ago.

...it really feels like Ron just wanted to wrap this up and move on. Like pretty much anyone could have told Nicole and it would have played out the same half-hearted way. I'm glad it wasn't Leo, I guess, but...was this really the most satisfying climax?

They didn't even film Eric having his dream about being a family with Nicole, which seems like an obvious soapy way to build up suspense.

That airport/police station set combination was just laughable.

As for the subplot, I don't mind the random lady being the killer, but her acting is weird (she's an amateur, I know, but still, no coaching?) I'm wishing this Li storyline was better and it's only just started. Nice to see him again though.

All this to say, for a year long arc, the payoffs here are weak.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I got a kick out of Li's facial expressions today as he reacted to "Crazy Connie" :) 

Remington's hilarious facial expressions was probably my favorite part about Li.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Go EJ and get Stefan and Gabi. Hopefully he blows them up and deserving so. 

Rafe and his suddenly considering this a crime is ridiculous considering he was letting Melinda go and didn't arrest her because she blackmail himself.  Rafe is no better than everyone else in town who knew.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh, I so miss Li!

When Gabi was up there giving the big reveal speech, I could have sworn she said: "then, when the walls came trembling down...."  LoL, but I didn't' go back and replay it.  She better sleep w/one eye open, lol.  

• Like 2

I'm always amused by the "outdoor shots" (idk the proper term) of the hospital, the "Salem highrises," lol, and the police station. They may as well be build with legos.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
36 minutes ago, BoredAtHome said:

I'm always amused by the "outdoor shots" (idk the proper term) of the hospital, the "Salem highrises," lol, and the police station. They may as well be build with legos.

The apartment building is pretty bad, but that Lego hospital exterior is a hoot!  I bet someone on staff brought his kids toys to work and created those sets.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

The apartment building is pretty bad, but that Lego hospital exterior is a hoot!  I bet someone on staff brought his kids toys to work and created those sets.

Looks like badly done CGI to me.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Looks like badly done CGI to me.

I bow to your expertise regarding poorly constructed sets and embarrasingly bad plot contrivances to you.  I fully admit, and admire, your expertise in these areas.

Thanks for your insight!

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, boes said:

that Lego hospital exterior is a hoot! 

...and not an ambulance in sight for an "emergency" entrance. Not even a parked car with a gurney nearby.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, BoredAtHome said:

I'm still wondering if the show is ever going to admit again that Horton Square is actually an indoor mall and then they can use a stock photo of King of Prussia Mall or something. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Yea, I think it's pretty clear the outdoor shots are either stock video or CGI. I like them. It's just funny to me.

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

It could be interesting but yeah. Gabi did it because she hates EJ and she could not pass up the opportunity to screw him over after she got what she needed out of him. Honestly, I loved it. LOL Stefan begging and pleading with her and she decides to go ahead and screw him over anyway.

I loved it, too. It was straight-up hilarious. I love Gabi but I don't give a hoot about Gabi/Stefan so I'm hoping this breaks them up.

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...it really feels like Ron just wanted to wrap this up and move on.

And thank goodness for that!

10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Rafe is no better than everyone else in town who knew.  

Pretty sure everyone knew lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I could be WAAAY wrong, but I'm starting to think Gabi already knows about Ava.  She gave him far too many opportunities to confess after she got out of prison and I can't think of any other reason why she would betray Stefan like that.  I didn't for an INSTANT buy that she was doing it to right the terrible wrong that was done to Eric.  They've never really interacted and it doesn't even seem like she particularly even likes him.

I may be in the minority here, but I do buy Gabi revealing Jude's paternity because it involves her daughter. Gabi may not give a shit about Eric, but he is Will's uncle. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Oh Aaron, good friends are hard to come by. Please don't stay away permanently. We liked you.

I understand that Nicole has legit reasons for being sad about her marriage coming apart this way, but Ari is overselling her moments with EJ compared to with Eric. Seems like she's team EJole. Hopefully we get a bit more Ericole passion though. Good performances all round.

Couldn't make any sense of her leaving the DiMansion with Jude in a carrier, then showing up at the airport with him in a stroller, then Eric having him in a carrier again.

Pretty mature reaction from Holly. Was expecting her to rip EJ a new one.

Did anyone else feel that EJ was weirdly normal and no longer shaky/weepy when he spoke with Holly? All that breakdown energy from yesterday suddenly went poof!

Gwenresa....suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Interesting you think she prefers Ejole. I personally prefer them but I don't think she has a preference tbh. 

Although I think Greg/Ari prefer the version of their characters away from the Ericole pairing than when their characters get together. Not nearly as depressing to watch nor repetitive.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Interesting you think she prefers Ejole. I personally prefer them but I don't think she has a preference tbh. 

Although I think Greg/Ari prefer the version of their characters away from the Ericole pairing than when their characters get together. Not nearly as depressing to watch nor repetitive.

I know I do

• Like 7

Eric wonders how DNA tests could be wrong? 

Gabi's never been a parent to Arianna, never lived or raised her it's always been Will and Sonny. So her reasoning to tell Eric I do not buy and Stefan was right to call her out. 

Theresa's fake insulting that she didn't open the briefcase or is out for Alex's money is eye rolling. She needs to be found out. Yes integrity and using Tate too, she's sociopath. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Eric wonders how DNA tests could be wrong? 

Gabi's never been a parent to Arianna, never lived or raised her it's always been Will and Sonny. So her reasoning to tell Eric I do not buy and Stefan was right to call her out. 

Theresa's fake insulting that she didn't open the briefcase or is out for Alex's money is eye rolling. She needs to be found out. Yes integrity and using Tate too, she's sociopath. 

Oh yeah, she's definitely a full blown sociopath at this point. I don't believe she actually genuinely loves or cares for anybody, not even her own son Tate. I actually believe that Tate is just a possession for her to control and use as she sees fit. I can't wait until Tate sees her for the evil, horrible monster that she is and washes his hands of her for good. I hope he ends up hating her for the rest of his life. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Oh yeah, she's definitely a full blown sociopath at this point. I don't believe she actually genuinely loves or cares for anybody, not even her own son Tate. I actually believe that Tate is just a possession for her to control and use as she sees fit. I can't wait until Tate sees her for the evil, horrible monster that she is and washes his hands of her for good. I hope he ends up hating her for the rest of his life. 

Deceiving people to think that Alex and not Xander is Victor's secret son and trying to get Alex to marry is nothing. Tate isn't close to any of those people and he should end his relationship with the parent that has raised him since birth. That is an overreaction.

• Like 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Oh yeah, she's definitely a full blown sociopath at this point. I don't believe she actually genuinely loves or cares for anybody, not even her own son Tate.

I think her fight to get him out of prison and all of the other trouble that he was in over Holly's overdose shows that she does love him.

It's one thing to hate Theresa for being a golddigger (which she is), but to call her a sociopath is a bridge too far, I think.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I think her fight to get him out of prison and all of the other trouble that he was in over Holly's overdose shows that she does love him.

It's one thing to hate Theresa for being a golddigger (which she is), but to call her a sociopath is a bridge too far, I think.

But all of that occurred under the scab writers, and as far as Ron is concerned, pretty much everything that they did never really happened. And even if Theresa does love her son, (again, that's extremely debatable), she obviously loves money much more, so all of her claims about her loving her son ring extremely false to me. I can't wait for Tate to find out what kind of person his mother really is and to wash his hands of her for good while developing a closer bond with his dad and pretty much pretending that his mother never even existed in his life, and that's the very least that Theresa deserves at this point. Theresa basically losing her son's love and respect forever and having her son despise and hate her for the rest of his life would be poetic justice.