Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

God, do you people hate Paulina so much that you'll find fault with everything that she says or does?  Even when it's not that bad?  It's getting woefully tiresome.

Yes. I hate her character, the way she says her lines, the constant smothering of Chanel and the sidelining of Abe. If she had crashed her stolen snowplough off Smith island bridge and vanished into the drink forever I'd have been thrilled. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yes. I hate her character, the way she says her lines, the constant smothering of Chanel and the sidelining of Abe. If she had crashed her stolen snowplough off Smith island bridge and vanished into the drink forever I'd have been thrilled. 

And then, Chanel would've died, too, soooooooo . . .

Edited by Rodney
28 minutes ago, Rodney said:

And then, Chanel would've died, too, soooooooo . . .

Johnny said he was minutes from finding her. He ran into Paulina rescuing her. Paulina said she wanted to be the hero of the situation. She constantly tries to assert herself over Chanel's husband 

• Like 8
  • Love 6

If you intend to be outraged or incensed by most of our opinions, maybe find another place to post that shares your views.

It's one thing to be annoyed about the show, and another to be annoyed about us.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Johnny said he was minutes from finding her. He ran into Paulina rescuing her. Paulina said she wanted to be the hero of the situation. She constantly tries to assert herself over Chanel's husband 

It's been said more than once, both by Johnnie, by Julie and also by Chanel that she was in no danger of dying so that's just Paulina's usual over-the-top justification for how she handled the situation.  Johnnie shows a lot of forebearance with his mother-in-law, IMO.  

Paulina's behavior yesterday was so selfishly pathetic.  Her major concern, first and foremost, was relieving herself of any guilt or blame, not the loss of the child or Chanel's pain and suffering.  It's always the same with her.  She does what she wants, to gratify her overwhelming need to be first in all things and the most important person in the room and to hell with everyone else.  Then, when it backfires, she makes sure all the attention is on her and her "sadness" until the saner people just give up and let it go.

If only SHE would go.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am SO here for this Body & Soul stuff. Absolutely LOVE it. So happy Ron is back and doing all the stupid, cheesy, campy stuff I enjoy watching.

Me too. Abe's complete descent into despair today was hysterical. It's going to be bad but good bad.

Today was fun all around, from Bobby hamming it up to Paulina and Steph deciding to get EJ to make a press conference all about himself. And Kayla conceding there is no real dead in this town

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The new Gabi has sharper features but otherwise seems like an okay recast. But then I liked the old Gabi fine. 🤷‍♀️

I hadn't really watched at all once the show went exclusively streaming. Part of it was the possession storyline - I always tune those out. So I've spent the last few weeks catching up. I think I'm caught up to the current cast  except for this BobbyEverett person. Anything interesting I should know?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

The new Gabi has sharper features but otherwise seems like an okay recast. But then I liked the old Gabi fine. 🤷‍♀️

I hadn't really watched at all once the show went exclusively streaming. Part of it was the possession storyline - I always tune those out. So I've spent the last few weeks catching up. I think I'm caught up to the current cast  except for this BobbyEverett person. Anything interesting I should know?

Nah, not really. The Bobby/Everett stuff dragged on for awhile because most of the plots were kept in a holding pattern as a result of the 2023 writer strikes. The only really notable thing about this time period has been Sarah and Xander slowly but surely working their way back together, leading to their reconciliation. 

Also, Chanel and Johnny had fun with whipped cream. LMAO

Back to Bobby/Everett, I'm glad Blake Berris is finally bringing his scenery chewing back. This storyline sorely needed it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Hmm...let's see. I can't remember exactly where we were at around the time of the posession nonsense, but I'll try...

Chad dated Kayla and Steve's daughter Stephanie for months, even though Man Ho Alex Kiriakis kept sniffing around. They moved in together with his kids, until the subject of marriage came up and he admitted he wasn't ready to get hitched again with his grief over losing Abigail (murdered by Clyde) still too fresh. Steph moved on with journalist Everett, who worked for Chad at The Spectator. Turns out he was previously Jada's husband Bobby...only now we know Bobby was an alternate persona because Everett has DID.

Rafe and Jada moved in together. Brady lost custody of Rachel to Kristen, who uses their daughter as a way to torture and tempt him back into a relationship, even though he's seemingly learned his lesson, finally. Kristen and Alex briefly had a physical relationship, also as a way to make Brady jealous. It didn't work.

Gwen left town after finding out Leo and Dimitri were a couple behind her back....and then returned in a blonde wig as a recast Theresa.

Victor passed away last year in a plane crash during an overseas visit to Bo, still recovering from being shot by his son Shawn after his resurrection by Megan DiMera. Theresa found out by secretly reading Victor's will that Xander was actually his biological son all along and that Victor wanted him to inherit his estate, which pissed her off. She changed the name on the page to Alexander, meaning the Man Ho, who promptly turned on his real father Justin upon hearing he was Victor's heir. Theresa jumped his bones to see if she could marry him and get some cash, and teamed up with Konstantin the Greek former "friend" of Victor's in the process. Konstantin played on Maggie's grief and acted harmless, telling stories about Vic. Maggie fell for it all and housed him. He planned to marry her and then have her killed to get the other half of Victor's estate.

Turns out Kon hated Vic because Vic had once ordered a hit using John the Pawn that resulted in Kon's daughter dying. John didn't know and was tortured to find out. Kon was revealed to have sabotaged Victor's plane and caused his death during his almost wedding to Maggie last month, where he nearly outed Theresa as his kinda-accomplice only to be shot by Xander.

Xander dated Chloe for a bit, but she left town with Philip, who briefly returned for Vic's funeral. Then, with Sarah giving birth to their daughter, Xander refocused on being a better man for her, co-running The Spectator with Chad and getting engaged. Sarah thought it would be good to invite his estranged alcoholic mother to their wedding, since he has so little family.

With Nicole married to EJ, Eric dated a lawyer named Sloan whose crazy brother attacked Abe because his wife Paulina maybe played a part in their parents death, leading Abe to fall off a roof, get amnesia and be hospitalized. His nurse became obsessed with him, kidnapped him to her apartment and claimed to be his wife while drugging him and watching her favorite soap, Body and Soul. Turns out she was a former patient of Marlena's, briefly, who had accidentally killed her cats because of a malfunctioning air conditioner. They talked her into letting Abe go, but he still couldn't remember loving the real Paulina. It wasn't until Paulina nearly died in the hospital from an ailment that the ghost of Lexie appeared, blessed them both and he suddenly remembered everything.

Sloan suffered a miscarriage and began to panic about not being able to give Eric a child. When Nicole went into labor, Leo the gossip columnist helped deliver the baby and his BF Dimitri, on the run from the law, dropped the baby off with Sloan and Melinda, who made it seem like it was adopted and not, in fact, Nicole's baby. EJ and Nicole grieved when they were told the baby died in hospital and was promptly cremated. Nicole felt like Eric's boy Jude was actually hers, but everyone chalked it up to her grief and told her she was wrong. Leo nearly spilled the beans at Jude's christening but didn't, as Sloan was paying him serious hush money. Eric started to notice something was up with her finances, and this caused tension between them.

Brady's son Tate appeared in town and naively began swooning for Nicole's daughter Holly, who was secretly smoking up and more into her sorta brother Johnny, who was committed to and eventually married Chanel. On New Year's Eve, Holly recklessly took tainted drugs and ended up in a coma. Tate initially claimed they were his drugs to save her embarrassment and then recanted when the situation got serious, but was legally blamed for her act of self harm. He went to juvie and spent months swearing he was innocent. When Holly woke up, the truth eventually came out. He was released from a drug rehab center and instantly forgave her. They are a couple now, though their parents understandably want them apart.

When jailbird Dimitri finally was set free, he took his money and fled, sending Leo a breakup letter. Sad Leo decided to get drunk. To get money out of EJ, he sold the big secret of baby Jude and revealed the kid was actually Nicole's. EJ immediately told Sloan she was giving the baby back to Nicole and she countered that if Eric knew he was the father, both their marriages would bust up. EJ thought about it a few days, during which Nicole drunkenly kissed Eric after Holly blasted her as a bad mother. EJ forced Sloan to tell Eric the kid was Nicole's (and conceal that it was also his), then take some money and live elsewhere in hiding. She accepted, defeated.

Eric was horrified to hear the truth from his wife, immediately took the baby to the DiMansion and sadly gave Jude up to Nic and EJ. Nicole was overjoyed but sympathetic to him, since he was losing another child and all. Rafe went to Eric's apartment to arrest Sloan only to find her gone. She returned hours later to the DiMansion to clear her conscience and tell Nicole the full truth, but EJ intercepted her, dragged her off and threatened her some more. She ran off again. Melinda and Stefan both know Eric is the father, however.

Tripp and his girlfriend Wendy were both kidnapped by Clyde's forces and Steve and John reluctantly helped Ava break him out of jail. Clyde romanced a female officer who ran away with him. They were all caught last month. Tripp and Wendy moved to China.

Clyde had the Horton house burned to the ground while Doug, Julie, Chad and the kids were all inside. They all survived, as did the heirloom ornaments, and in the rubble they found a time capsule Tom and Alice had made decades earlier, but no key.

....I think that's all the big stuff!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1

I was actually surprised by a person with DID being hospitalized.  Usually they roam free, with all kinds of wacky  identical twins-like stories until they get "integrated" in an episode or two.

DAYS does have some younger men who are fun to watch. Ngl though, the episodes where it's all the geriatric set playing adventure heroes are hard to sit through. (And I'm retired, so I can say that.) And Clyde as the replacement for a Stefano-ish villain, meh. 

Thanks, @DisneyBoy - that was a great recap. Some of it you can glean through the repetitive dialog but other fans always know the important bits. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Melinda and Stefan both know Eric is the father

As someone who no longer has Peacock right about the timeline in your post, I really appreciate this…but why and how does Stefan know Eric is really Jude’s father?  Thanks

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

As someone who no longer has Peacock right about the timeline in your post, I really appreciate this…but why and how does Stefan know Eric is really Jude’s father?  Thanks

Stefan was going to break Gabi out of prison. Kristen told him she kept a get out of town fast kit in the safe. Instead Stefan found Jude's real paternity results (Sloan told him she had swapped them for the fakes but she messed up). Stefan promptly blackmailed EJ to get Gabi released 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Me too. Abe's complete descent into despair today was hysterical. It's going to be bad but good bad.

Today was fun all around, from Bobby hamming it up to Paulina and Steph deciding to get EJ to make a press conference all about himself. And Kayla conceding there is no real dead in this town

The bad that's so bad it's good is all I want so I am very excited lol.

I agree today was fun all around. I just want this kind of stupid, fun shit all the time.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

LOL, I asked myself, "which possession?" Pretty bad that there have been multiple. Oh - maybe someone will become possessed in the new soap opera???

Technically the multiple possession jumping from person to person thing going on when they left the network. I'm not exactly sure who the lucky character was at that point. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Rodney said:

God, do you people hate Paulina so much that you'll find fault with everything that she says or does?  Even when it's not that bad?

Yes.

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If you intend to be outraged or incensed by most of our opinions, maybe find another place to post that shares your views.

It's one thing to be annoyed about the show, and another to be annoyed about us.

💯

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, tessaray said:

Technically the multiple possession jumping from person to person thing going on when they left the network. I'm not exactly sure who the lucky character was at that point. 

The demon was inside Marlena, Doug, Susan, Allie and Johnny from what I remember.

Rachel, apparently, was too frightening a vessel.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12

I just watched a Ron interview where he said they wanted the devil to make the rounds of all of Marlena's grandkids. Rachel isn't technically her granddaughter but she wasn't this version yet, I think she was still a baby then.

They are really amping up the Alex is an Ass narrative. We are in the final countdown to his big comeuppance I think. And clearly Ron is telling the tale of the two Alexanders, one who has learned that easy money is not the way to go, and the other who is a vapid moron. 

Considering all Xander cared about when he came on was acquiring quick money and taking over Titan, this is a huge moment for him. He will be floored to know Victor really did trust him with his legacy in the end.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I was getting a kick out of the scenes with Holly & Rachel: they are both little schemers.  And Bonnie's faces while Teresa was proclaiming her love for Alex were making me laugh.  I am enjoying Aaron the few times I've seen him, but how the heck is he going to explain to his family why he is going away all summer to a Lacrosse camp and that Mr. Black is paying for?!

• Like 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was getting a kick out of the scenes with Holly & Rachel: they are both little schemers.  And Bonnie's faces while Teresa was proclaiming her love for Alex were making me laugh.  I am enjoying Aaron the few times I've seen him, but how the heck is he going to explain to his family why he is going away all summer to a Lacrosse camp and that Mr. Black is paying for?!

I don't think that he'll be going anywhere.  I'll lay you ten to one that the one who was watching Tate and Holly is a vengeful Sophia, who is about to blow the whole thing to Brady and Theresa, anyway.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I don't think that he'll be going anywhere.  I'll lay you ten to one that the one who was watching Tate and Holly is a vengeful Sophia, who is about to blow the whole thing to Brady and Theresa, anyway.

I think Tate will be living in the Dimera secret room so grounded Holly has 24/7 access to him. Sophia will figure out the scheme and tell on them but it will take a while. But honestly I'm giving this too much thought as I hate this set of teens.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

When Alex finds out the truth I'm going to need Justin to tell him to "call me Justin" if he tries to call him dad. 

Also will need Xander to sue him and Theresa for all the money Alex spent.  

Tate is an idiot. He intends to spend summer local and hide and with what money? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I'm guessing he will hide in Holly's basement in the "secret" room. Until Nicole and EJ implode and she moves Holly out.

Is there anybody here who has any doubt that Leo will be the head writer hired for the revamped Body and Soul?

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Awwww. Xander has it all and doesn't need the millions.

💛

Every once in a while, the show manages not to botch something. Today felt like a huge moment for Xander, ten years in the making. I hope he will be written as a competent CEO of Titan in the years to come and not get wrapped up in campy plots.

The timeline, meanwhile, makes no sense when they've celebrated Juneteenth and July 4th...and somehow Theresa's traumatic experience at the wedding was only a week ago.

Holly was only born like, two years before Rachel, right?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

The problem with suing Alex is that he doesn't know he isn't the heir so he isn't part of the deception. TBF, I don't know what kind of legal jeopardy he is in beyond having to pay back the money he spent.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I wanna keep him. Everett is so boring compared to Bobby.

Also, I think Jada needs to seduce Bobby to bring out Everett or something. Does it make sense, no, but nothing does and it'd be fun/hot lol.

If you really want fun/hot, let Jada get him heated up under the sheets, then have Stephanie slip in on the other side..and let's watch Bobby's head explode 🤪🤣

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Alex has gotta go. Why the contempt for Justin?

I think it makes some sense, like there's a lot of nuance there, it's just that RSW can't play it so it seems like Alex is a huge dick lol.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I would agree, but the scripts had him immediately abandon "Dad" for "Justin" as soon as he was told Victor sired him. And then they had him deliberately not tell the man who raised him that he was engaged, as if he was a nobody who should hear about it through the grapevine. RSW does indeed suck, but those problems were on the page.

Look I think he's found his niche on this show, finally, so I'm not complaining 😄 Would prefer him gone of course, but...

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Xander said no to the money. Victor personally tried to cut his throat...!!! That's....a lot. Especially considering this retcon that Victor knew all along that Xander was his boy.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would agree, but the scripts had him immediately abandon "Dad" for "Justin" as soon as he was told Victor sired him. And then they had him deliberately not tell the man who raised him that he was engaged, as if he was a nobody who should hear about it through the grapevine. RSW does indeed suck, but those problems were on the page.

But there is indeed some layers to that. Someone might do that because they're reeling from finding out after 30 some years that their dad isn't their bio dad and that the man they thought was their uncle (cousin? I don't even remember how Victor and Justin are related lol) is actually their bio dad. It honestly makes sense to me and doesn't alone make a character an asshole. But RSW just isn't capable of infusing the conflicting, hurt feelings so Alex just comes off like an asshole. Which as I've said though, the show is smart to just go with that because RSW excels at it and letting Alex just be an asshole makes him entertaining. 

33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Xander said no to the money. Victor personally tried to cut his throat...!!! That's....a lot. 

Which is why I don't understand why he ever talks about Vitcor fondly. Ugh, I hate the direction they've gone with Xander. But whatever, I mostly fast forward him anyway so I can't really complain lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I wanna keep him. Everett is so boring compared to Bobby.

Also, I think Jada needs to seduce Bobby to bring out Everett or something. Does it make sense, no, but nothing does and it'd be fun/hot lol.

Reading this comment in between comments about various characters being possessed by the devil makes banging out the alter seem like some sound psychiatry. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Look I think he's found his niche on this show, finally, so I'm not complaining 😄 Would prefer him gone of course, but...

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Xander said no to the money. Victor personally tried to cut his throat...!!! That's....a lot. Especially considering this retcon that Victor knew all along that Xander was his boy.

Xander was adamant even before the will that he wanted nothing from Victor. Him refusing to fire Phillip as the co CEO when he was money laundering was the last straw for Xander. He walked away from him then and never looked back. Getting this huge windfall plus Titan is going to be hugely conflicting emotionally for him. And finding out Victor always knew he was his father will be brutal 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Gabi is back, baby! She put us all out of our misery! 

EJ and Melinda need to have a little hate fling immediately. Or EJ/Gabi. I've always been down for that one.

I'm gonna maybe need a Bobby/Jada/Rafe triangle. 

Holding onto hope that Connie actually helped Li fake his death.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I guess EJ is not signing those shares over to Kristen now. Melinda signed hers before EJ. 

Gabi learned nothing, she ended up in jail because of war with EJ.  So she comes out of jail and starts a war with EJ. 

The crazy lady killed Li? 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I guess EJ is not signing those shares over to Kristen now. Melinda signed hers before EJ. 

Gabi learned nothing, she ended up in jail because of war with EJ.  So she comes out of jail and starts a war with EJ. 

The crazy lady killed Li? 

Kristen said she had received the shares and would now uphold the agreement. That's why she called Melinda over 

• Like 4

I will say that I'm impressed that while Gabi clearly dropped the Jude bomb as a "fuck you" to E.J., she did also do it because she knew that Eric and Nicole had a right to know.

Looking in the background of the Horton Town Square, I'm surprised that Sweet Bits is still closed, given that Chanel and Johnny are staying in Salem, after all.

So this Connie woman killed Li?  Sort of random reveal, but I can roll with it.

• Like 1