Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Chad has actually mourned longer than most of his fellow soap characters did. John moved hella fast to Diana after Marlena died and then moved on with Kate like 4 months after Marlena “died” during the Salem Stalker story. Kayla moved on fast to Shane after Steve died, ditto Bo with Carly. Jennifer moved on to Daniel just weeks after Jack fell down the elevator shaft. I wish most of these people waited at least a year, but they didn’t. 

I think AMC did a good job with Edmund he waited a year after Maria died. I mean he interacted with other women in different storylines but nothing happened romantically until a year later. However I can't think of other characters who did something similar.

1 minute ago, Phebemarie said:

Today's episode was odd.  I don't care for the silly stand alones.

Agree.  I’ve never been a big fan of the Halloween episodes, but past ones were better than this one. I may just skip next year’s. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait, they did a Halloween episode this year? The spoilers made it sound like a normal episode. Sorry I skipped it now.

IMO, you didn't miss a thing. Everyone was having a nightmare. There, that's your spoiler 🤭

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

EJ and Li are totally working together to bring down Gabi and Stefan, aren't they?

I never thought of that!  I hope you're right because that could be good.

Probably won't, considering who writes the show, but it definitely has potential!)

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, boes said:

I never thought of that!  I hope you're right because that could be good.

Probably won't, considering who writes the show, but it definitely has potential!)

I saw Li smirking as he left Marlena's office. EJ would know that the awful duo would be going for his shares next and I bet they worked out a plan.

• Like 4

I still like the goofiness of DOOL doing a Halloween episode. My favourite was the Holly, Johnny, Chanel and new guy plot? Sketch? Raven was great as the slasher.

It was also nice to see how well Jessica (Sloan) and Ari (Nicole) play off each other. I would love to see more of them being allies instead of enemies and wouldn’t mind Eric going away again but I rarely get nice things…

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I, too, like Desperado, got a kick out of the Halloween episode...it was so off the wall in its craziness that it made me laugh.  "Father" Eric turning into a Zombie, Chanel chasing Holly around with a knife, Paulina freaking out when Whitley shows up again & Abe thinks Whitley is Paulina.  And of course, it was thundering outside. :)

• Like 6

EJ and Chad scenes were great. 

Even Chad pointing out 3 loves ones and added the fourth as Stefano. 

Stefan and Gabi I can't stand, her campy character antics to get Dimera shares from everyone and he's worse. Walking into the wedding like trash to fire him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Is anyone still rooting for Gabi and Stefan?  The actors seem to be going out of their way to make them seem hateful.  The writers are setting them up, too making them extra horrible the day after Li had those emotional scenes with Marlena that showcased his vulnerability.  Using Rachel to set up Kristen made me sympathized with Kristen, and I never feel anything but irritation for that character.  

I wonder if Camilla Banus has been directed to act extra campy or if that's her choice.  Brandon Barash is also playing up the smug.  I can't help but hope both of them get their comeuppance.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I'm very disappointed too. She had enough to work with just with her history with Eric, seeing her Mom pregnant and about to wed EJ, etc.

It's so strange seeing Ari doing mother/daughter scenes with her because there's been no build-up to it. Nicole had a 4 year old girl and now suddenly this adult daughter. ?!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Nicole's wedding dress was very plain, Sloan's pink wedding dress was way too short & looked like Lingerie!  Marlena & Roman could not have dressed up?!  How hard would it be for Roman to put on a Suit coat & Marlena a fancy dress?  So far, I am not liking the Everett character, he comes across as weird & stalker-y..he kisses Stephanie right away, like that's cool, and then he decides to stay in town & just conveniently bump into Stephanie all the time.  Ohhhh: Gabi, what have you done?!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Team EJ in calling out Stefan and Gabi, Gabi can go anytime and Stefan needs to go and Chad needs to return from Stephanie land. Stefan never met Stefano he can stop with all this family business or speak about Stefano. EJ was the golden child to take over for Stefano not the twins or Gabi. 

Eric really wants the same wedding day as Nicole and EJ? 

Nicole is comparing herself remarrying to Chad? Chad's loved Abby since a teenager and only has ever married her.  Nicole's been married to half the town multiple times.  Eric is not the same as Chad's love of his life dying. Bad advice run from this Chad. 

Chad in a triangle with Nick Everett and Stephanie is worse than the one with Alex.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

No it isn't. Seeing Chad around "Alex" is super confusing to me cause it just looks like Ben.

....and now Everett looks like Nick 🤦🏻‍♂️ They really should have cast a new face.

Li sure got thrown under that bus abruptly, eh? Welcome to the Aiden club, buddy. You f***ing deserved better than this. I'm pissed.

And now Gabi is a murderess all over again. Fantastic work Ron. *slow clap*

...was it explained why Still Alive Susan wasn't present at her only son's wedding in the same house she's currently living in?

...or why Dick Van Robicheau wasn't at Eric's wedding even though it took place in the livingroom of the condo he's staying in? Or for that matter...John?

Sloan's Barbie bridal outfit was sad. But so was her couch honeymoon.

Nicole got hair extensions just so they could give her an updo on her wedding day?

I'm so confused by the retcon they're pulling here. They just want to have their cake and eat it too. As we all saw and not-so-fondly remember, Eric immediately abandoned Holly and Nicole after the wedding. Sure, he knew Holly beforehand as a baby, but they didn't spend tons of time together. And yet, now they have Holly saying how close they've remained and how loyal she still feels towards him...and him still saying he wants to adopt a child because he's never been a father.

.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Show, they can't have been involved all this time and not had a father/daughter relationship. Impossible. Eric would consider her his child if they'd remained that close.

Hell, Abe and Nicole are that close. Chad and Kate are that close. Because we've SEEN IT in both cases. Even though they aren't related.

So you can't suddenly claim it now...but also not claim it.

Eric would have to be moronic scum to be a father figure to Holly for all these years but somehow consider that 'still not good enough or legit enough'.

You can't have this both ways.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No it isn't. Seeing Chad around "Alex" is super confusing to me cause it just looks like Ben.

....and now Everett looks like Nick 🤦🏻‍♂️ They really should have cast a new face.

Li sure got thrown under that bus abruptly, eh? Welcome to the Aiden club, buddy. You f***ing deserved better than this. I'm pissed.

...was it explained why Still Alive Susan wasn't present at her only son's wedding in the same house she's currently living in?

...or why Dick Van Robicheau wasn't at Eric's wedding even though it took place in the livingroom of the condo he's staying in? Or for that matter...John?

Sloan's Barbie bridal outfit was sad. But so was her couch honeymoon.

Nicole got hair extensions just so they could give her an updo on her wedding day?

I'm so confused by the retcon they're pulling here. They just want to have their cake and eat it too. As we all saw and not-so-fondly remember, Eric immediately abandoned Holly and Nicole after the wedding. Sure, he knew Holly beforehand as a baby, but they didn't spend tons of time together. And yet, now they have Holly saying how close they've remained and how loyal she still feels towards him...and him still saying he wants to adopt a child because he's never been a father.

.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Show, they can't have been involved all this time and not had a father/daughter relationship. Impossible. Eric would consider her his child if they'd remained that close.

Hell, Abe and Nicole are that close. Chad and Kate are that close. Because we've SEEN IT in both cases. Even though they aren't related.

So you can't suddenly claim it now...but also not claim it.

Eric would have to be moronic scum to be a father figure to Holly for all these years but somehow consider that 'still not good enough or legit enough'.

You can't have this both ways.

Susan returned to Memphis and Roger.

John put his new Dad into assisted living pretty fast.

As for the Eric stuff I completely concur. He was never a father to Holly.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Nicole's wedding dress was very plain, Sloan's pink wedding dress was way too short & looked like Lingerie!  Marlena & Roman could not have dressed up?!  How hard would it be for Roman to put on a Suit coat & Marlena a fancy dress?  So far, I am not liking the Everett character, he comes across as weird & stalker-y..he kisses Stephanie right away, like that's cool, and then he decides to stay in town & just conveniently bump into Stephanie all the time.  Ohhhh: Gabi, what have you done?!

When a character has been married multiple times, there's no point in getting fancy for the wedding. Sloane is another story but the outfit fits her character so it didn't bother me as much.

• Like 5

Mystified, absolutely mystified.  Me.

While I have seldom, if ever, been a fan of Eric's, it wasn't until yesterday, when he showed up at his mother's door in his shiny suit, all grins and vacant stares that I realized how utterly stupid he is.  Salem folks have been mistaking him as a smart person for decades simply because he has nice hair, a winning smile and fills out a pair of jeans well.  In reality, Eric has all the smarts of a pretty cow, chewing his cud.  

It took all of 5 minutes, after his conversation with Marlena for him to go back, propose, bum rush Sloan into marriage while getting his mom to officiate, all because Nicole had married EJ earlier in the day.  

Show has this supposedly religious man, who used to be a priest, for God's sake, getting married by his mom, has him lamenting that he never became a marine biologist-I-mean-father all the while he could have been one to his stepdaughter, Holly, and so lost in thoughts of Nicole that he forget to say "Yes" at his own wedding.  I hope he's got a lid on his skull so he use it as a carry-all because there sure isn't even a smidgen of a brain in there.

Dumb as a post.  So of course, every Salem woman wants him and every Salem man wants to be him.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't think Gabi did it. I think EJ maybe had someone hired to do it and Gabi walked in and found him that way. I don't know if they will decide she is guilty and lock her away or if Stefan will send her away to some private DiMera island or something so she can be safe. And, just checking - is Li really dead or just stabbed? And, if he is really dead, (I know, I know) did we know he was leaving?

ETA - I found the answers about Li, so never mind!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think it matters, and I am glad to have Susan gone, BUT, did we find out who kidnapped her and sent her to England, or is that a story that just ended or will it come back?

Clyde did it as leverage to make EJ run his drug empire. Only he forgot to tell EJ about it

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

I don't remember which day, but Clyde called Ava and demanded she visit him at prison.  It happened right after Tripp got stabbed at the hospital by the addict, who got away after he stabbed Tripp in the arm with a scalpel.  As I remember it, and I could have it wrong, Clyde called Ava and implied very heavily that Tripp getting stabbed was a message intended for Ava, to show her that Clyde could reach out and hurt Tripp anytime he wanted to, so Ava better follow instructions and come meet him at the prison.

Ava did that, and it was in the meeting that Clyde told Ava about having Susan shipped off to London to her ex-husband and how he was originally intending to use Susan as leverage to get EJ to run his drug business.  But then Ava and Harris finding Susan and freeing her messed up his plans, hence him now deciding Ava had to run the business.

The details don't hold up, especially timewise, if you look too closely, so save your eyesight and don't try to make sense of it.  This is a Ron Carlivati storyline, sense has nothing to do with it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks. I was skipping Ava episodes, but clearly that was important info.

Ava is actually pretty watchable now. Tamara Braun and Steve Burton like hanging out together and it makes their scenes together pretty enjoyable. 

• Like 10
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

True, but I hate that Ava was brought back to mess up Joey, rape Steve, "die" and then continually play the victim.

There is no salvaging Ava.

This same show made a rapist a leading man in EJ, so...

And no, I don't excuse GH for doing the same with Luke Spencer.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I'd forgotten Wendy was friendly with Gabi.

I'm immediately thinking Stefan's sudden turn against Gabi means he's framing her or something. Maybe that's why we got weeks of lovey-dovey stuff between them. Is Li the last piece in their takeover plan? Would he want her cut out? Random thoughts.

I hate Ava but seeing at least a meeting where she proposes a new menu would have been nice. Whenever these characters boast about "getting profits up" or get accused of "damaging the value of shares" or something I just roll my eyes. How can we know any of this if it isn't played-out on screen?

Back in the day, they would establish a campaign or project at Titan, show Sami or Kate or whoever working on it, show it being a success or a failure and then play put the repercussions. And it was interesting! And we were invested!

...all I see is Tamara Braun standing in the bistro set as if she suddenly owns the place saying "I did good!" That's not a story, Show.

And why is Ava doing this? Just so Tripp doesn't get killed...? Honey, if Clyde wants to kill your son, eventually he will find a way to kill your son.

Why doesn't she just tell Rafe? Get Tripp some protection? Tell Tripp!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5

I don't feel bad for Gabi and Stefan at all I'm team framing.  They can fake abuse of child then lying about kidnapping, so pot kettle. 

Chad needs to take his kids and go back home to Dimeras.  Stephanie I can't stand.  

• Like 6

EJ being DA to prosecute Gabi is awesome and funny considering he's free to do this because of blackmail fake kidnapping Gabi.  She deserves this, after fake child abuse for some stock. 

Tripp said Li wouldn't have wanted Wendy to tear Gabi apart? Huh, did Tripp know Li?

Tripp also believes the cops will do their jobs? 

I liked the pitch from Paulina to get EJ to work for her. Then the look on Gabi's face when he said he was District Attorney. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

So glad Steve always as the Salem Brain. Hopefully he cracks this case and we are done with this Theresa/Konstantin crap by month end. I like that in Theresa's dream she acknowledges Shane's stupidity in leaving her with the briefcase.

I am still team Isabella. I do not ever want to watch Jarlena slobber on each other, especially not with smeared oils. Ugh

Family tree very cute, funny to exclude spouses because of awkward baby mommas on Brady's side

Sarah is so frustrating. First she doesn't even accept the fact that Xander only filed for full custody when she was ensuring full custody for herself by fraudulently claiming Rex as the father. Then she turns down every attempt Xander makes to settle out of court and come up with something between them. Then she whines he is going to be mean to her in court when she is planning to be mean to him in court. Eric's testimony honestly helps Xander's case. She literally CHOSE him to be the father of her baby therefore admitting he is good father material. Sloan is a far better and far more vicious lawyer than Justin, I like his chances at this point, but I agree it should just be shared custody. And can we get on with it already. One scene with the same conversation every two weeks is ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

The thought of Jarlena slathered in body butter is one I could have easily lived without.

Have they reached Tom and Alice age yet?

Xander's hair looked like Li's today. Wavy and whatnot.

Steve instantly mistrusting Constantine was a bit unearned. He wasn't being overtly suspicious at all.

BenAlex continues to just be Ben in a suit. Same rage against women, though granted it was a fantasy sequence.

The family tree is cute. Victor's weird portrait with the massively blue sky? Not so much.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah is so frustrating. First she doesn't even accept the fact that Xander only filed for full custody when she was ensuring full custody for herself by fraudulently claiming Rex as the father. Then she turns down every attempt Xander makes to settle out of court and come up with something between them. Then she whines he is going to be mean to her in court when she is planning to be mean to him in court. Eric's testimony honestly helps Xander's case. She literally CHOSE him to be the father of her baby therefore admitting he is good father material. Sloan is a far better and far more vicious lawyer than Justin, I like his chances at this point, but I agree it should just be shared custody. And can we get on with it already. One scene with the same conversation every two weeks is ridiculous.

Yes, I'm REALLY over her whole wounded bird act.  She started this with her stupid lie about Rex and then insisted they had to fight it out in court.  Yet, she has the audacity to act hurt every time Xander simply tries to counter what SHE'S doing.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Steve instantly mistrusting Constantine was a bit unearned. He wasn't being overtly suspicious at all.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Victor's weird portrait with the massively blue sky? Not so much.

Oh, come on.  Wouldn't you be instantly suspicious of whoever gave someone that monstrosity?  I thought it was pretty funny that while both Steve and Kayla thought they painting was hideous, they were both dancing around about how awful it was.  Steve:  "It's big."  One of the better lines today.

Fortunately for all of us, they cut the John and Marlena slobbering all over each other act short today.  Not NEARLY as painful as I feared.

• Like 1
  • Love 3