Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I just watched today's show -- Colin gets worse every time we see him.  I hope Jada catches him in all this and ends this storyline.  Also, smaller point - but it bothers me that he has a British accent and Sloan doesn't.

Did anyone catch the words on Paulina's text?  I couldn't read them before Peacock was ready to segue into the next show.   Thanks!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, boes said:

I've liked Nicole more than not over the years, but enough with all the constant lying and self-justification already, enough.  She told Kayla, who didn't need to know, the truth and then lied about everything to EJ that she could get away with and still lied about her medical condition.  And as many of you have already said, her primary concern should be the unviability of this pregnancy, since we've watched her sad and poignant pregnancy storylines before.  

Personally, I've enjoyed her interactions with this EJ and think they both have chemistry with each other but apparently she'll blow that up again, and for what?

I can understand keeping quiet for a couple of days to process it. For many women, it would be happy news, but not for her. She knows her history and that there is a very strong possibility that the baby will not be born.  But that is not immature, lying Nicole. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, HelenCrump said:

Did anyone catch the words on Paulina's text?  I couldn't read them before Peacock was ready to segue into the next show.   Thanks!

"Watch your back, because I'm still coming for you."

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

The apartment does have a fridge - a modern, fancy one that looks built-in. Uh, Xander and Chloe, neither of you talked about household stuff and a simple trip to the store to buy a few food items? Guess living at the Salem Inn and the roach motel and buying food or having room service spoils you. At least Chloe stood her ground about not being the maid and cook.

I am impressed that folks seem to be able to buy last minute plane tickets that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Uh, Wendy, you should have had a one week return ticket. Plane takes off in two hours. Handy to avoid spending more time with Tripp.

Johnny and Chanel continue to be cute.

Colin sure wants to increase the revenge. Does he not realize that he may get caught? How does one induce panic attacks? No, you can’t force someone to be attracted to you.

Paulina is still stupid to not thank that CHANEL’s new coworker could be up to anything.

Xander and Chloe were quite helpful to Jada. The Salem Brain is in working order today.

I missed the text that Paulina got.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 3

Abe used to have a high moral code. Now he's forcing Rafe to spill police investigation details to a civilian. Who is his wife. Who has a personal interest in said investigation 

Jada is the best cop this show has ever had.

I assume Nicole's miracle baby is a result of the biscuits special magic. I would love a mature story where Sloan supports Eric and they stay together, but I doubt it with this show. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
36 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I assume Nicole's miracle baby is a result of the biscuits special magic. I would love a mature story where Sloan supports Eric and they stay together, but I doubt it with this show. 

Nicole is unsure if EJ or Eric is the father. She told Kayla she (Nicole) looked at her calendar but isn’t sure who’s the daddy.  Kayla said Nicole can get a DNA test later but would need a sample from both guys.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, tribeca said:

Kayla seemed so judgmental at that doctors visit.

Well, in this case, I can't blame her, since her nephew is one of the two guys involved.

Due to HIPAA, she cannot discuss this with Eric. But as an aunt, I get the 'tude here.

• Like 5

Where exactly did Marlena do her research on the special biscuits ?   The most definitely had a sexy time effect on people.  Just ask Li, Gabi and Stephan.   Rafe ate a ton and  hugged a giant bear.  
   Nicole’s secret will come out soon.   So far she told her secrets to Anna and Kayla.   That’s not good odds for Nicole.  
  If Zander pays my rent I will make him breakfast. 
channel and Johnny are very cute together.  
  Jada is smart.  Just hope someone knows where she is and that nothing happens to her.  

• Like 5
38 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe ate a ton and  hugged a giant bear.  

I want the record to reflect that I could say many, many things here...

...but I am choosing not to.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Chloe stood her ground about not being the maid and cook.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

If Zander pays my rent I will make him breakfast. 

I get being somewhat miffed that Xander expected breakfast, but the arrangement WAS that Chloe would do more of the household chores in exchange for Xander paying rent.  Yet every time he even suggested anything (like simply ordering food - not a particularly challenging task) she glared at him like he was expecting her to do every single chore in a skimpy French maid outfit.  Does she think her mere presence is enough?  Thought she was being a bit over-the-top bitchy about not agreeing to do ANYTHING.

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Abe used to have a high moral code. Now he's forcing Rafe to spill police investigation details to a civilian. Who is his wife. Who has a personal interest in said investigation 

This times about a million.  He's really turning in to an ass.

• Like 9

Anyone remember when Chloe was a dazzling young woman with a promising future as a singer?

And then she took over running a restaurant to provide stability for her son...

...and now she makes an ex-con's breakfast...and has no son, it seems....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Is Chloe even looking for a job? She doesn't even interact with bff Nicole anymore and vice versa. 

Chloe is getting free furniture, free home, Xander paying for everything and wasn't she supposed to help?  He asked her about groceries and glared.

The rest of show was so boring. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
54 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I get being somewhat miffed that Xander expected breakfast, but the arrangement WAS that Chloe would do more of the household chores in exchange for Xander paying rent.  Yet every time he even suggested anything (like simply ordering food - not a particularly challenging task) she glared at him like he was expecting her to do every single chore in a skimpy French maid outfit.  Does she think her mere presence is enough?  Thought she was being a bit over-the-top bitchy about not agreeing to do ANYTHING.

This times about a million.  He's really turning in to an ass.

They could have spent a half hour online ordering groceries they need and had them delivered or picked them up. I would have no idea what Xander eats and they both should make some effort to buy food for both.

However, if the place is not furnished or has an equipped kitchen, they still need to buy cookware, utensils,  and plates.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Nicole’s secret will come out soon.   So far she told her secrets to Anna and Kayla.   That’s not good odds for Nicole.  

They always do. That’s why she’s so stupid. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Nicole is unsure if EJ or Eric is the father. She told Kayla she (Nicole) looked at her calendar but isn’t sure who’s the daddy.  Kayla said Nicole can get a DNA test later but would need a sample from both guys.

Yes I watch the show lol. But given Nicole's history and being on the pill I doubt it's EJ's and that something in the biscuits made it happen 

I prefer it to be EJ. So done with Ericole

• Like 4

I don't get why people are so angry about Xander asking Chloe to do something towards the household chores. He is working - she is not. So, yes, she SHOULD be doing the shopping and the cooking. Or, get a job and then split the chores. She isn't ALL THAT and should be grateful to have a free place to live. Not to mention, getting to see Xander in a towel daily.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm on Team Chloe. Their arrangement was that she'll do the cleaning, not the cooking. Xander also approached the conversation from a pretty sexist point. He notes how Chloe slept in, how he'd only had a doughnut for breakfast, how he'd been up for a couple of hours, and then asked Chloe what she was going to cook him for breakfast. There is a presumption she'll cater to him in a way that was not discussed and agreed upon. Grocery shopping is an extension of the breakfast ordeal. Xander presumes and expects to be catered to. Again, shopping was not a part of the agreement, only cleaning was.

Xander is not a man who respects boundaries, and he was already testing Chloe's boundaries by trying to force her into free labor - yes it would be free since the deal was Xander pay the rent and Chloe cleans. Anything beyond that is free labor. If he wants Chloe to cook and shop, then the two need to renegotiate their terms, i.e. is Xander going to give her a budget and will Xander compensate her? After all, every second she's cooking and cleaning and shopping for two is time she can't look for her own employment. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

It took me longer than some to get here, but Paulina needs to go. So obnoxious. 

51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t care, I still enjoy Paulina. “I told you to grill her. You lightly sautéd her!" That’s gold!

I don’t necessarily think she needs to go, but she needs to tone it WAAAAAY down.

It’s probably because I hadn’t seen her in much since 227, but I just assumed she didn’t know how to play Paulina any other way or she was trying to recreate her 227 character. But, I’ve seen her in some other things recently and she does actually know how to play a character in a normal way. So, it must be on purpose (perhaps it’s JH’s decision or a combination of her and RC) that want Paulina played like a cartoon character. It’s not just the loudness, but the exaggerated head moves, and eye popping.

The thing is I think she can be quite funny. Her line delivery in a scene with Sloan a couple of weeks ago legitimately had me cackling. But the good lines do not outweigh how annoyingly over-the-top she’s being. I think it’s gotten worse and maybe it’s somewhat purposeful with the stress of the Sloan situation, but it is a little hard to take at times.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

It took me longer than some to get here, but Paulina needs to go. So obnoxious. 

Wow - you are late to the party! But welcome friend. And here - your complimentary (and mandatory) earplugs.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Paulina needs to go on recurring or just go into a coma. Can't take her at all with the screaming and yelling over Sloan. When she finds out sweet Talia is a psycho who drugged the town she'll screech even more. 

Sloan should be suing Paulina and the PD at this point. 

Nicole is a 50 yr old woman lying about WTD. This story is ridiculous.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Nicole, why are you confiding in Anna? Bad idea. Chloe or even Harold might be a better choice. Whether you know who the daddy is or not, you still face a very challenging and painful several months of hoping to have a healthy child. Will EJ go ballistic if you tell him he may not be the daddy? Probably. You can support your miracle baby on your own.

EJ is not 25 years old and should be a bit more mature.

Colin, giving yourself the Firth surname was stupid. Talia’s sister is not dumb. She will most likely work a new angle - Talia.

Paulina, learn to use an indoor voice and stop shrieking. Half the town can hear your bellowing from the police station. You can blame Sloane or a Canada Goose for threatening you, but there is no evidence - yet.

Talia, you are putting the moves on Chanel waaay too fast. Chanel should be suspicious of your sudden interest. I would be. Your tale of being too busy to date and the mistake of you would do anything for this man - uh, you do stuff for you and not for a controlling creep.

Sloan did take possession of the Brain and things seemed to click together for her to find the brother she hasn’t seen or heard from. He may prefer Jada to her.

Nicole, why are you having personal conversations in public? Of course Eric could maybe hear it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

EJ is not 25 years old and should be a bit more mature.

Well, he was originally born in 1997 and would be 25/26, so...he's acting like his true age, at least emotionally! 😋

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She does not have an inside voice. Even Rafe was fed up today 

I got a kick out of Rafe's face as he listened to Paulina shriek, he had a rather bemused look on his face, like "Really, lady?!"

• LOL 5
(edited)

Paulina and her big mouth

giphy.gif

is almost as bad as Julie, but maybe not as horrific.  Maybe.....

giphy.gif

Luckily, Julie isn't onscreen nearly as much as Foghorn Paulina is.

Bless their hearts......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9

I enjoyed Nicole’s dream.   I think she wants the baby to be Eric’s.   Me too Nicole. 
    Eric who stitched up your face?   It looks like a hot mess.  
Sloan put all the clues together quickly and found her brother right away.   
although I don’t love Colin I was impressed he didn’t just give Jada all his info. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, boes said:

Paulina and her big mouth

giphy.gif

is almost as bad as Julie, but maybe not as horrific.  Maybe.....

giphy.gif

Luckily, Julie isn't onscreen nearly as much as Foghorn Paulina is.

Bless their hearts......

Maybe because I'm used to her, but I find Paulina's screeching FAR more irritating than Julie's.  I think it's because, right or wrong, Julie is usually calling out someone for their behavior, while Paulina is simply bellowing orders - and usually not reasonable ones at that.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

although I don’t love Colin I was impressed he didn’t just give Jada all his info. 

Yes, that always amazes me.  The cops on this show ask someone a question that they have absolutely no right to ask and people just idiotically go along with it.  I don't think you can just show up at someone's door and demand identification - glad Colin was smart enough to demand a warrant - which they have absolutely no basis to get.  Kudos to Sloan for figuring it out so quickly - she actually uses the Salem Brain on a pretty regular basis.  I just hope this doesn't mean we'll be subjected to endless scenes of Paulina screeching about the Peterson siblings being in cahoots and having some big conspiracy.  I know it will NEVER happen, but I would love a scene where both Paulina and Abe are forced to eat their words about Sloan.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

I enjoyed Nicole’s dream.   I think she wants the baby to be Eric’s.   Me too Nicole. 
    Eric who stitched up your face?   It looks like a hot mess.  
Sloan put all the clues together quickly and found her brother right away.   

I did not understand Jada giving Chloe’s and Xander’s names to Colin. She has no idea who he is or what if anything, he will do with that info.

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I did not understand Jada giving Chloe’s and Xander’s names to Colin. She has no idea who he is or what if anything, he will do with that info.

Yes, even though every single doctor at the hospital never met a HIPAA violation they didn't embrace, when it comes to randomly blabbing information, the cops are always "Hold my beer."

• LOL 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Me three...but why is he talking like Batman and looking at her like she's garbage?

Come on, Eric. You got laid with someone you love(d). Ease up? Laugh about it? Don't make her regret having once married you? Or gotten naked with you again.

Here's my problem with Eric. He literally abandoned her and Holly. She was really hurt. She cheated on him with Xander. That's saying something. You'd think he'd feel some shame about it and be gentle around her.

Nicole looks great in purple. I'm sorry, y'all can hate her, but girl needs to be loved already. What a shitty life she's had. I feel for Nicole, dumb choices and all.

Colin....Firth? No. Just stop. Ugh.

Rafe is almost always in the police station. Ha ha!

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, even though every single doctor at the hospital never met a HIPAA violation they didn't embrace, when it comes to randomly blabbing information, the cops are always "Hold my beer."

👏👏👏👏

A DiMera being asked to go into anger management? Really? That's...pretty pointless. 

I hate Paulina's ugly apartment colors. And her too, but really, the mauve? Yuck.

Casting is screwing up a bit. Talia looks nothing like Jada, Colin looks (and sounds) nothing like Sloan.

Ha - autocorrect turned it into "Colon". 😄

Boes, can I nominate your "Paulina and her big mouth" post for Post Of The Year? It's deserving.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

It's also easier to take with Julie because some of us remember when she was a grounded character she's not always "loud". Only to those who hurt her family members but she's been loving with Doug, Hope, Eli etc. The only scenes I see Paulina have that with are Chanel and Olivia.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 7

Talia, Colin doesn’t really love you. You are in a toxic, and most likely codependent relationship where he is using you and dangling the love carrot. Methinks he is just like his dead dad. He may say that he loves you but is rather abusive.

Sloan, at least you figured it out. Turn your brother in. Bye bye law career and everything. She was right that the revenge part is very lonely.

How lucky for Chanel and Talia that Paulina interrupted them. Chanel should have a few more street smarts and figure out she has been played by this girl. My red flags would be waving in the wind.

Sloan, right now you do have a good thing with Eric. Have you talked to him about his marrying Nicole and then taking off to Africa to save people and staying away from his wife for months and have her raise his niece’s kid with her? The plane going home always broke down, her visiting you didn’t work out. Always a reason. Will Sloan find out that you will also take off and abandon her when reality and commitment don’t happen as per your pattern? Have you changed?

Jada, I am not sure that I would believe your sister. She told a few half truths.

EJ told to get anger management classes? Nicole was right that Gabi hacked in to her laptop and rewrote the review. Store the file on the password protected cloud or a USB stick.

Nicole, sooner or later you will have to come clean about your real medical condition. Given your history it is understandable to not tell your news but it is Salem after all.

• Like 5

I'm so tired of stupid CEO games at Dimera. Tired of Gabi and Stefan games, Shin is stupid if he actually believes a report from Gabi. If this is what they're doing with her going forward I will not miss her. 

EJ just did punch a former priest then going to claim not needing anger management. 

Chanel would know if Talia was out for her. Lol Chanel is blind. 

Talia is a good at lying about her crimes, she's no good person. 

Sloan was good with Colin. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The cops are not supposed to give names to folks. If I complain about a loud party, the cops aren’t supposed to say the lady 2 houses down called us. That lady, aka me, faces retaliation including possibly assault, tires slashed, etc.

• Like 6

I thought Sloan and her brother looked a lot a like.   Really wanted her to say “stop with that accent you we from New Jersey!”   I have no idea where they are from lol.  
   Not sure which Batman Eric sounded like.  Maybe Lego Batman.   He seemed concerned about Nicole.  Not sure he believes her.  
channel really is to trusting.  

• Like 5
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

I thought Sloan and her brother looked a lot a like.   Really wanted her to say “stop with that accent you we from New Jersey!”   I have no idea where they are from lol.  

I thought they looked very similar, too. They are supposed to be from the UK. Or at least that's where they were when Chanel had the affair with their dad.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they looked very similar, too. They are supposed to be from the UK. Or at least that's where they were when Chanel had the affair with their dad.

I think American family who moved to UK. Sloane is older so retained her accent, or lost it again on return to the States (I grew up in Canada, lived in England as a kid and had the accent, then went back to Canadian accent when we moved back here). Colin is younger so maybe he only had a British accent and also likely stayed there as an adult. 

Either way Colin is awful and needs to go 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

I think American family who moved to UK. Sloane is older so retained her accent, or lost it again on return to the States (I grew up in Canada, lived in England as a kid and had the accent, then went back to Canadian accent when we moved back here). Colin is younger so maybe he only had a British accent and also likely stayed there as an adult. 

Yea, I was thinking the same. Although, I think it'd be a little weird for Colin to have such an accent even growing up there since presumably no one in his family would have it. But you could also fanwank it that Sloan just lost her accent or even adopted an American one just because she thought it'd be better for her career or something. In any case, it's pretty easy to explain away.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh....my friend. If you saw the episode....you know.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just can't, you guys. I'm losing it, I swear.

I'll watch later. It's a beautiful summer day and I'm hanging by the pool

Apparently better for my blood pressure 

• Like 2
  • Love 3