Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Week 9: Overnight Dates Part 2

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

I think I'm confused.  So were Gabby and Rachel disgusted with Clayton because he slept with all three or because he announced that he slept with all three and each thought that she was the one?  (That still skeeves me out that ANYBODY would be okay with sex with three people in three nights running. )  How can Gabby be offended about Erich having the very same thoughts/feelings she had about Clayton?  I guess it's different if you get to call the shots, huh, Gabs, and Erich should just understand?  And for her to feel led on by Jason is laughable.  He's playing the same game you are, sweetie, and just looking for clarity.  I'm still a little perplexed how she is an ICU nurse.  She doesn't seem to have the emotional stamina I would think it would take and, frankly, she seems more than a little dense most of the time.  

I think it was the lack of discretion that made Clayton come off as an asshole. It was kinda just like, " I slept with all 3 of you, I'm in love with all 3 of you and sorry there's nothing I can do about it." He just came off cold in those moments and the truth was that he wasn't in love with all 3 of them. He only wanted Susie because if he was in love with Gabby and Rachel, he would have opted to pursue one of them but instead only really cared about what Susie was up to in the end and only wanted her back. 

Gabby and Rachel are essentially telling all the guys that they're falling in love with them but they're not humiliating the guys in front of a group and saying , "well, it is what it is I just slept with all of you guys and somehow are in love with all 3 of you equally." They're telling the guys that they are aware other people are there and they are feeling out those relationships too. The falling in love line that every contestant says every season is so overplayed and needs to be thrown out. It comes off as so insincere and so repetitive. 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I never thought I’d be on here defending anyone, but here I am. 
I’ve always believed Erich to be Gabby’s #1. I honestly think in the FS she told him she would not sleep with the others. Erich later put her on the spot publicly and they both know it’s against “the rules” to assure him of that on TV. That’s frustrating for Gabby and typical of an insecure man. 
I can’t imagine the immense pressure the lead is under. Lead men on. Make production happy. Provide drama. And be true to yourself and your #1. It’s an impossible task. I’d cry too! 

i have nothing to say about Rachel. Mama taught me if I couldn’t say something nice, don’t say anything. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MissPriss said:

I never thought I’d be on here defending anyone, but here I am. 
I’ve always believed Erich to be Gabby’s #1. I honestly think in the FS she told him she would not sleep with the others. Erich later put her on the spot publicly and they both know it’s against “the rules” to assure him of that on TV. That’s frustrating for Gabby and typical of an insecure man. 
I can’t imagine the immense pressure the lead is under. Lead men on. Make production happy. Provide drama. And be true to yourself and your #1. It’s an impossible task. I’d cry too! 

i have nothing to say about Rachel. Mama taught me if I couldn’t say something nice, don’t say anything. 

I agree about Gabby.  I think her issue with Erich was that she felt like he was trying to manipulate her and take away her freedom to make her own decisions.  They had already discussed this subject privately and he should have respected and trusted that.  Also, if Gabby only wanted to sleep with 3 men she could have kept her other 2 around.

It was hysterical how Rachel acted so surprised over the same fantasy suite 3 times.  It was icky to think the same bed had been used for all the FS dates.  At least each of the men had their own room this time instead of cohabiting!

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

It was hysterical how Rachel acted so surprised over the same fantasy suite 3 times.  It was icky to think the same bed had been used for all the FS dates.  At least each of the men had their own room this time instead of cohabiting!

LOL I didn't even notice that they were the same suites! The show usually provides different locations for each over-night but maybe is was too hard to do with so many nights to set up.

I agree it was better that the men were kept away from each other unlike Clayton's season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

So were Gabby and Rachel disgusted with Clayton because he slept with all three or because he announced that he slept with all three and each thought that she was the one?  (That still skeeves me out that ANYBODY would be okay with sex with three people in three nights running. )  How can Gabby be offended about Erich having the very same thoughts/feelings she had about Clayton?  I guess it's different if you get to call the shots, huh, Gabs, and Erich should just understand?

Gabby was fine with the sex part. It seems she probably expected Clayton to do that. I don't exactly know how Rachel felt, but in the end she stayed despite knowing Clayton had slept with Gabby too. It was Susie who had a real problem with him having sex with anyone else.

Gabby's objection initially was that Clayton didn't just hold off on love declarations when he knew he was feeling so strongly about multiple women, and later her issue was that he convinced her to stay without informing her that he always knew that he loved Susie the most. Oh and of course that he dumped her and Rachel at the same time instead of treating them as individuals.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I don't know, Erich seemed like her number 1 from the beginning of the season . I think the show just has to edit some stuff to make it seem like there's more drama than there really is. 

I think he was her # 1 pick- i think she was reading a script from producer’s 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, Jax7917 said:

I think it was the lack of discretion that made Clayton come off as an asshole. It was kinda just like, " I slept with all 3 of you, I'm in love with all 3 of you and sorry there's nothing I can do about it." He just came off cold in those moments and the truth was that he wasn't in love with all 3 of them. 

Gabby and Rachel are essentially telling all the guys that they're falling in love with them but they're not humiliating the guys in front of a group

Especially from listening to Rachel, I think it comes down to the words Clayton said.  He said "I love you," not "I am falling for you" or "I am falling in love with you", and I think that distinction is what pissed the girls off so much.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:51 PM, Starlight925 said:

I am so over the short pants, no-socks thing.  

I can't wait for the memes in 10 years to show how stupid they all looked.  "If you wore skin-tight pants above the ankles with no socks, you remember the 2020's".

That is the exact thing I think when I see such extreme fashions.  And indeed, the shortness of the pants just keeps getting more extreme.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:51 PM, Starlight925 said:

Why do they continue to use this BIP beach location that is apparently so hot & humid that the men sweat completely through their shirts?  Cheap much?  Actually, that's probably why they used it.  The cameras are already set up.  I betcha many of the guys didn't even have to fly home.

Oh the BiP folks can only wish they were in this location!!  The B'ettes are in Riviera Maya, apparently at the Grande Luxxe Vidanta, and BiP is in Sayulita, at Playa Escondida, which is nowhere near as nice as this place.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:44 PM, kazza said:

Maybe he’s a great guy in real life but Jason’s edit has him as the blandest F3 I can remember.  

On 9/6/2022 at 8:46 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Well, it’s on to the FS! Jason looks like a Teddy Ruxpin when he talks, because the only thing that moves is his mouth. His monotone voice is a snooze fest 

I really started watching Jason's face a few episodes ago to try to figure out what the deal was that made him look so bland.  And it's definitely like what Kiss My Mutt said about his face.  Except for the rare occasion when he was genuinely laughing, which we saw on the tennis court, his facial expressions don't extend to his eyes or eyebrows so he just looks like some kind of robot.  And because he speaks so monotone, it just enhances the robot-ness.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2022 at 1:09 PM, Mswldflwr said:

And for her to feel led on by Jason is laughable.  He's playing the same game you are, sweetie, and just looking for clarity.  

Bingo!  Sorry, but as a woman, I really hate it when women have to play some victim angle rather than just deal with whatever it is at face value.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2022 at 9:50 PM, JenE4 said:

Erich just didn't want Gabby to go fucking anyone else--and now he's going to end up engaged by default...or will he?

I actually thought Erich's reaction to the thought of Gabby hooking up with other men was normal and a sign he truly cared. I thought it was odd of Gabby to be so mad about it; I know he was aware of how the show works, etc., but to me he was just expressing his feelings. I'd take it as a good sign. No one wants the person they're into being intimate with others....

Then again I guess they had already discussed it off-camera so it was probably production trying to cause drama. You'd think Gabby would be a little more aware of that possibility.

Edited by queta
  • Love 3

In a season of lackluster candidates, I think I ended up having the most respect for Jason. I get it that he's somewhat bland relative to the others, but I think he's an introvert and just genuinely not comfortable with the whole setup, including public displays of emotion. That begs the question of why he signed on. Who knows, maybe money, maybe daring himself to get out of his comfort zone, whatever. As an introvert myself, I would be equally dull on a show like this. (I'd be the one in the living room reading a book. 🙂) I kind of understood him. And he was honest about his feelings before the FS (which he didn't have to be- he could have played along). So all-in-all, he's probably OK dating material in IRL and off this show. Who knows- I could be totally wrong- it's hard to read these people, but that's my take. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, queta said:

Then again I guess they had already discussed it off-camera so it was probably production trying to cause drama. You'd think Gabby would be a little more aware of that possibility.

I think she was fully aware and was just playing her part in the script. They probably rehearsed the scene too till it looked raw and believable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2022 at 2:50 AM, Melonie77 said:

Some of the guys may have stayed on for the cruise and/or the chance to go to BiP.

I just re-watched some parts of tonight's episode and I agree Jason was never really all that interested in Gabby. He was so stiff when kissing her and was obviously uncomfortable with the cameras as well as the whole process. I think he did try to see if he could get there but couldn't imagine himself with Gabby outside the world of the show. 

I still don't quite understand what happened with Zach despite watching part of their segment again. The night before fantasy suites Rachel is all gung-ho and acts as if she wants the over-night for romantic reasons, but apparently she was leading him on in order to get him alone without cameras to try to manipulate him into leaving? (although I think they may have been intimate before she started using his age to cast doubt on his dedication to her!)

Rachel's attitude the next morning is just awful - snotty, condescending and phony. That feeling that I got early in the season that she is stuck-up and selfish came back while listening to their conversation the morning after their over-night.

They are drinking coffee and it's immediately clear that she is acting aloof and somewhat dismissive.
He mentions talking about a lot of things during the night and she says...
"It was a tough conversation, but I'm glad you handled it well. But hopefully it helped you gain clarity. You're feeling ok, honestly?"  This is all said in a bizarre sickly-sweet affected tone of voice.

Zach replies "It's a lot to digest but I'm here for a reason and you're that reason".
And Rachel basically ignores his response and tells him "So I hope we're on the same page."🤷🏻‍♀️

We come to learn through Zach's voiceover and discussion with Jesse that he had an "amazing time" in the FS at first until she abruptly brings up his age and her fear he is not ready for a commitment. He says she was inauthentic - so apparently Zach sees what a lot of viewers have noticed - Rachel is a phony. And she has apparently conjured up a fake excuse to dismiss Zach. I think she planned to let him go at the rose ceremony. She should have just told him the night before instead of leading him on.

I guess the producers want more drama out of this Zach situation or perhaps it's part of a bachelor audition for him, but they keep him on instead of having him go to her room to end things before the rose ceremony.

The morning after conversation was just so bizarre.  It seemed like they both knew that "over," but I agree it is not clear why.  I re-watched it, and Zach was especially awkward.  He started making small talk about the type of coffee they were drinking.  I realize that you might talk about the food/coffee if you are with you are with a significant other, but I don't think that was the situation. I got the feeling that he was doing it because he had to fill time and had realized at some point that he and Rachel have nothing to say to each other.  I felt sorry for him. I hope that we find out what happened in the FS.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

And what is it you like about Tino?

LOL. I just think he's very attractive and seems very nice, though his dad seems like a wife beater. I'm not really explaining myself well.

He has a great chin. He is sweet, and he doesn't give a shit what his parents say. I guess time will tell, but I would date him! 

• Wink 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

LOL. I just think he's very attractive and seems very nice, though his dad seems like a wife beater. I'm not really explaining myself well.

He has a great chin. He is sweet, and he doesn't give a shit what his parents say. I guess time will tell, but I would date him! 

I also think that Tino is hot: tan, great bone structure, nice mouth, bushy eyebrows, feathered hair, light eyes, nice build.  He's definitely a hunk! I can't deny it 😅

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2

I mean, I would be insecure too if this many guys left my season on their own accord. I think the early seasons of this show made it harder on today's leads who expect the engagement because hardly anyone ever left the early seasons of the show. Usually the only way the contestants got off the show was because they were booted off by the lead but now it seems like it's the newer thing to do to just get up and leave on their own. I as a viewer like this way better because I think it's more realistic for the other side of the coin to have actual feelings or non-feelings for the lead rather than the unrealistic 30 contestants all magically being in love with one person. But as a lead, it has to suck and make you wonder what it is about you that the guys or girls just aren't into. I think Rachel is just very immature regardless of her crying. She cancels dates on guys that are actually into her and throws constant hissy fits. Gabby cries a lot to the camera but when she's with the guys, she is present and she knows how to have fun.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2022 at 10:33 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I also think that Tino is hot: tan, great bone structure, nice mouth, bushy eyebrows, feathered hair, light eyes, nice build.  He's definitely a hunk! I can't deny it 😅

Tino is dreamy. A hunk. A beefcake. He's the hottest guy that has been on the show, IMO, since Dean Ungert and Farmer Chris who I also couldn't stop staring at.

Fun fact-- did ya'll know Gabby dated Dean in college? 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Tino is dreamy. A hunk. A beefcake. He's the hottest guy that has been on the show, IMO, since Dean Ungert and Farmer Chris who I also couldn't stop staring at.

Fun fact-- did ya'll know Gabby dated Dean in college? 

I totally agree- they're all hunks! Wow, I didn't know that Gabby dated Dean- I bet they looked really cute together 🙂

• Love 1