Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 27: Spoilers and Speculation

Melonie77
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

You don’t need spoiler tags since this is the spoiler thread. 

Gabi is from Vermont but lives in Houston.  Isn’t he in Texas as well?

Yeah, he's in Austin.  Greer I think is also in Houston -- or at least she was when she was making her problematic tweets.  (If she lives in Houston but her dream is to live in Austin, I think that might be an attainable goal.) And of course Kaity is in Austin.  

I guess Zach's forgiven for not liking straight maple syrup.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:18 AM, phlebas said:

I'm a sucker for strong eyebrows. 

I'm curious about what someone who likes strong eyebrows thinks about these (sorry the picture is so big):

8c0ffed1-69ba-4301-b967-9acb59fc7071-165

All I see when I look at her is the eyebrows, which I would think isn't the goal but maybe it is.

Eyebrows aside, I'm pretty confident she's there for the right reasons and that she applied to the show despite her TikTok with almost a million followers pre-Bachelor, and her podcast called TikTalk Radio, about strategy for content creators.  Good for her for taking such a risk.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/victoria-jameson-from-the-bachelor-tiktok-ex-husband-job

• Like 1

To me, those look painted on.  Something is making here look pretty severe. But lots of these pics didn't do the ladies justice

ETA These look better. Maybe it's the lighting

AFED777D-496C-49DF-8FDB-546E25108C63.jpeg

Edited by phlebas
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

To me, those look painted on.  Something is making here look pretty severe. But lots of these pics didn't do the ladies justice

ETA These look better. Maybe it's the lighting

AFED777D-496C-49DF-8FDB-546E25108C63.jpeg

Those brows are awful - they look like cheap peel-and-stick elements for a Mr. Potato Head toy. She's a beautiful girl otherwise. Maybe she'll realize the eye brows are too fake looking when she sees footage of herself on the show.

I agree that the photos don't do the girls justice. Most of the contestants are very attractive and much prettier than their pics. Some don't even look like their photos as all. I didn't recognize a couple of them from their pics - especially Ariel.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Those brows are awful - they look like cheap peel-and-stick elements for a Mr. Potato Head toy.

And she's a makeup artist (when she's not being a social media star).

On 1/25/2023 at 12:47 PM, phlebas said:

And of course Kaity is in Austin.  

From what I gather she's a travel nurse who's just on assignment there, but nothing says she can't just stay there.  Hmm...what's the timing on all this?  Could she have accepted the assignment to make herself a hometown girl for Zach?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And she's a makeup artist (when she's not being a social media star).

There was one really pretty girl I noticed who was wearing odd pale vampire-like facial makeup. I think it was this same girl with the eyebrows. What an odd look, especially for a make-up artist. I'll be curious to see what other looks she comes up with!

• Like 1
On 1/25/2023 at 7:21 AM, phlebas said:

I don't know how reputable https://www.instagram.com/bachelorwhatever/ is, but they have apparently announced Zach's final rose:

Hide contents

Gabi.  I guess she forgave him for not liking maple syrup. It seems they are still together and engaged at the moment.

Reality Steve hasn't gone beyond the Final 3 yet, so we'll find out soon enough if this is true.

Booo! I was hoping it would be Kaity. As of episode 1, she was the one who stood out to me the most. 

Meh, whatever. Start the relationship clock! Will Zach & Gabi go the distance or last just long enough for the 6 month-1 year Bachelor grace period...? 

Edited by funnygirl
On 1/25/2023 at 12:04 PM, DEL901 said:

You don’t need spoiler tags since this is the spoiler thread. 

Gabi is from Vermont but lives in Houston.  Isn’t he in Texas as well?

Yes, he is in Texas.  Kaity mentioned that because she lives there too.

Calling it. Kaity or Charity for Bachelorette.  I reserve the right to change my mind if they become completely annoying.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I'm so happy to learn that the other spoiler source was wrong about Zach picking Gabi! I like him with Kaity so much better. Gabi is lovely but she complains too much. Maybe Zach will join Sean as the only other bachelor to gain a lasting relationship from this franchise.

Zach has a lot of good women to chose from - I could picture him with a few of the other contestants too but he does seem to have a special bond w/ Kaity. I loved their museum date tonight!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 2/7/2023 at 12:42 AM, Melonie77 said:

I'm so happy to learn that the other spoiler source was wrong about Zach picking Gabi! I like him with Kaity so much better. Gabi is lovely but she complains too much. Maybe Zach will join Sean as the only other bachelor to gain a lasting relationship from this franchise.

Matt James for you on line #1 :)

6 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Also, Jason and Arie traded if F1 for F2, but both soon to be working out…just not the path the show wants to brag about.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Matt and Rachel are potentially a permanent couple but they haven't been together long enough yet, had some significant problems at the beginning and are not married. I hope it works out for them but I'm not really sold on that relationship.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Also, Jason and Arie traded if F1 for F2, but both soon to be working out…just not the path the show wants to brag about.  

I always remember these 2 but was only considering Sean who picked and stuck with his final girl. I didn't see Jason's season and I was unsure of how serious Ari was in finding a wife. It's odd how the Bachelor has been the least successful out of the 4 shows in this franchise. I know we've gone through discussing this before but it's funny how BiP has turned out the largest number of successful couples. Even Bach Pad has a better success rate than The Bach considering it only ran 3 seasons.

• Like 3
On 1/27/2023 at 9:26 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

From what I gather she's a travel nurse who's just on assignment there, but nothing says she can't just stay there.  Hmm...what's the timing on all this?  Could she have accepted the assignment to make herself a hometown girl for Zach?

Yes, she’s actually Canadian. Wonder if Kaity will ever go back to Canada. And if she’s discussed that with Zach.

• Useful 2
20 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Matt and Rachel are potentially a permanent couple but they haven't been together long enough yet, had some significant problems at the beginning and are not married. I hope it works out for them but I'm not really sold on that relationship.

I always remember these 2 but was only considering Sean who picked and stuck with his final girl. I didn't see Jason's season and I was unsure of how serious Ari was in finding a wife. It's odd how the Bachelor has been the least successful out of the 4 shows in this franchise. I know we've gone through discussing this before but it's funny how BiP has turned out the largest number of successful couples. Even Bach Pad has a better success rate than The Bach considering it only ran 3 seasons.

Bachelor in Paradise does have the most amount of lasting couples but that makes sense. On the Bachelor/ette, there's one lead and 30 contestants. On Paradise, there's a ton of men and women and they can all choose from each other. They also spend 24/7 together and can actually get to know each other beyond the one to two dates that the contestant on the bachelor may get with the lead. I only watch the Bachelor and bachelorette so I know who is who on Paradise. I find Paradise so much more entertaining.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I know we've gone through discussing this before but it's funny how BiP has turned out the largest number of successful couples. Even Bach Pad has a better success rate than The Bach considering it only ran 3 seasons.

I think Big Brother has had more success in making lasting couples than The Bachelor.  Survivor too, probably.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Bachelor in Paradise does have the most amount of lasting couples but that makes sense. On the Bachelor/ette, there's one lead and 30 contestants. On Paradise, there's a ton of men and women and they can all choose from each other. They also spend 24/7 together and can actually get to know each other beyond the one to two dates that the contestant on the bachelor may get with the lead. I only watch the Bachelor and bachelorette so I know who is who on Paradise. I find Paradise so much more entertaining.

The only reason I still watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette is to know who is who on BIP.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

After this episode, I see Ariel as the Bachelorette front runner.  Beautiful, articulate and nice.  Makes sense her going out at 3rd.  

Yes, especially now that Kat did not come off very well tonight.

• Like 4

Z’s no sex rule for FS

I put this under spoilers even though it’s in mainstream media because I wasn’t sure.

I actually respect this so the women know his expectations ahead of time and it would be respectful to the person he chooses. It’s not like they’re getting married immediately after the show or if they even make it to the altar so there’s plenty of time to test for sexual compatibility after the show. It indicates he’s serious about finding a wife. However, if he’s narrowed it down to 2-3 women after week 6 and 1 by the time of fantasy suites, he should have applied this conservative policy to the kissing too which he has been very liberal with all around. Anyway, it’s another reason I’m glad he’s the Bachelor. I hope he uses this season to correct his red flags though. I know he’s apologized for his reaction to Greer but he needs to realize he can’t just snap at his significant other when she says or does something he disagrees with. He’s 26 and has time to correct this and for 26 he’s shown a lot more maturity than a lot of older men. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

A photo is making the rounds of Zach at his final rose ceremony celebrating with a tall blonde that looks very much like Kaity (her back is to the camera). Mentioning because sometimes spoilers are incorrect but this one looks official. 

Didn't RS have Kaity as the "winner"?

• Like 1

I am excited about the show next week if the rumor is true that they are headed to Budapest.  I spent two weeks there a number of years ago.  A fascinating mix of old Hungary, Soviet Hungary and post-Soviet Hungary all in Budapest.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2023 at 8:51 AM, b2H said:

I am excited about the show next week if the rumor is true that they are headed to Budapest.  I spent two weeks there a number of years ago.  A fascinating mix of old Hungary, Soviet Hungary and post-Soviet Hungary all in Budapest.

You're exactly right. Hungary was never part of Soviet Union as being allied with the Soviet Union in the second half of 20th century. The capital city Budapest has its stunning European architecture in the 19th century when the royal capital Buda, Obuda and Pest merged into Budapest.

Estonia, the country visited this week was part of Soviet Union for 50 years when Soviet occupied it and two other Baltic States. It has been an independent country for over hundred years.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Estonia, the country visited this week was part of Soviet Union for 50 years when Soviet occupied it and two other Baltic States. It has been an independent country for over hundred years.

Estonia was part of the Soviet Union until 1991, so it's only been an independent country for 32 years.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 3/3/2023 at 8:19 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

You're exactly right. Hungary was never part of Soviet Union as being allied with the Soviet Union in the second half of 20th century. The capital city Budapest has its stunning European architecture in the 19th century when the royal capital Buda, Obuda and Pest merged into Budapest.

Now being from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, I can say I have been to a twin cities trip before.  Walked the Chain Bridge from Pest to Buda and back.

That trip just showed up on my FB memories.  11 years ago, this week.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, chocolatine said:

Estonia was part of the Soviet Union until 1991, so it's only been an independent country for 32 years.

Let to clarify you, Estonia first made independent in 1918 from the Russian Empire and being invaded by the Soviet Union in 1940 thus becoming part of the Soviet Union in the next 50 years along with two Baltic nations Latvia and Lithuania (that included a brief 3-year German occupation). US actually recognized Estonia as an independent country in 1922. Shortly before Soviet Union fell, Estonia and the two Baltic nations made re-independence in 1991, US reestablished the country. Estonia joined the United Nations in 1992.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
1 hour ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Let to clarify you, Estonia first made independent in 1918 from the Russian Empire and being invaded by the Soviet Union in 1940 thus becoming part of the Soviet Union in the next 50 years along with two Baltic nations Latvia and Lithuania (that included a brief 3-year German occupation). US actually recognized Estonia as an independent country in 1922. Shortly before Soviet Union fell, Estonia and the two Baltic nations made re-independence in 1991, US reestablished the country. Estonia joined the United Nations in 1992.

I know all of this. It's still not true that it's been an independent country for over 100 years, which was your assertion that I responded to.

• Like 2

Based on the fact they’re announcing her tomorrow on the WTA, it’s obvious to the unspoiled that it’s not any of the F3. I don’t think I can watch all the crying even if there’s some out of this world hot guys on her season to compensate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Based on the fact they’re announcing her tomorrow on the WTA, it’s obvious to the unspoiled that it’s not any of the F3. I don’t think I can watch all the crying even if there’s some out of this world hot guys on her season to compensate. 

I don’t think they are announcing tomorrow necessarily.   Reality Steve said they filmed the announcement after the others left….on the other hand, I also read they are filming shortly….

• Useful 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

I don’t think they are announcing tomorrow necessarily.   Reality Steve said they filmed the announcement after the others left….on the other hand, I also read they are filming shortly….

I thought that’s what Jesse was doing knocking on her hotel door to change her life. They said it was part of tomorrow’s episode. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I liked Charity’s family the best but that still doesn’t make me want her as the lead. Her brother as Bachelor is a different story now. 

Me too! I loved her brother! He's cute, sweet, and has a great smile!

16 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

There is going to be a LOT of crying from Charity as the Bachelorette. 

Ugh, I was thinking the same thing last night while watching the show. She's constantly tearing up and dabbing at the corners of her eyes. I find it incredibly annoying and I can't stand the mere thought of a whole season of that.

16 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I don’t think I can watch all the crying even if there’s some out of this world hot guys on her season to compensate. 

LOL! What a letdown. I was looking forward to making my bachelor chart filled with gorgeous men picked for any of the stunning ladies from this season.
We'll have to wait and catch her men on the beach where I would rather put up with those creepy sideways-scooting crabs and the sea birds that loudly munch on them, than Charity's tears and tissue-clutching drama.

• Like 4

So what is the "speculation" (copyright this thread title) for the preview effort to make us think that the Z-Man sleeps with Ariel and then tells that to Gabi and Kaity.  I mean does anyone really think that he is going to sleep with her and then send her home?  (don't say anything Phlebus).

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
19 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

So what is the "speculation" (copyright this thread title) for the preview effort to make us think that the Z-Man sleeps with Ariel and then tells that to Gabi and Kaity.  I mean does anyone really think that he is going to sleep with her and then send her home?  (don't say anything Phlebus).

:)

Nothing surprises me any more on this show. The preview certainly LOOKS like that, but trusting the preview is a fool's errand.

• Applause 1

I may have missed something because I’m going by memory. But Zach was definitely talking directly to Gabi about something that upset her greatly during the day portion of their date. They were on a beach in bathing suits. Would he have slept with Ariel and then told Gabi first thing on their date? I don’t know. Seems like something that would at least wait to the dinner portion unless he was  feeling so guilty.

Kaity, on the other hand, was upset in front of producers and dressed casually. So it seems that hers was a stand-alone freakout and not necessarily to Zach or in response to something he told her. Most likely this was not filmed on their date. She was saying she wanted to just go home, but that could be something else like her mom got sick or something. Though also probable that she is upset over Zach. For all we know Gabi came running back crying and got Kaity all upset because they seem to be very close.

Ariel, on the other hand, was only shown wiping away tears directly to the camera in a talking head segment, so that could be anything. BUT that makes her the least likely scorned—and the most likely screwed.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I may have missed something because I’m going by memory. But Zach was definitely talking directly to Gabi about something that upset her greatly during the day portion of their date. They were on a beach in bathing suits. Would he have slept with Ariel and then told Gabi first thing on their date? I don’t know. Seems like something that would at least wait to the dinner portion unless he was  feeling so guilty.

Kaity, on the other hand, was upset in front of producers and dressed casually. So it seems that hers was a stand-alone freakout and not necessarily to Zach or in response to something he told her. Most likely this was not filmed on their date. She was saying she wanted to just go home, but that could be something else like her mom got sick or something. Though also probable that she is upset over Zach. For all we know Gabi came running back crying and got Kaity all upset because they seem to be very close.

Ariel, on the other hand, was only shown wiping away tears directly to the camera in a talking head segment, so that could be anything. BUT that makes her the least likely scorned—and the most likely screwed.

That could be.  But I could see an alternate scenario:  he sleeps with Kaity and then tells the other two.  Kaity is upset because it should have been a private moment between the two of them instead of him blabbing about it to the others, Ariel is upset because she thought that they had a really "special" night and then she learns that Zach slept with Kaity which ruins her night, and Gabi is upset because Zach finally confesses that he doesn't like maple syrup.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Gabi's wanting to align her family/ marriage timeline with her sister's made me wonder if she likes Zach specifically or he fits the slot that she needs filled to fit her timeline. Sort of seemed that way with Kaity too but she was less obvious about it.

Is Charity's family taking adoption applications? Her friends seemed great too.

I think Zach is too square for Ariel. He's better off with Kaity or Gabi but I don't think they hold his interest.

Looks like next week he really blows it. I thought what happened in the fantasy suites stayed in the fantasy suites. He should never have said that he wasn't going to have sex there. A lot of times guys mistake being honest with being a blabbermouth. Just say nothing!

Edited by Soobs
  • Like 5