Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Pledges of Allegiance

• Start Topic

So in one breath, the fab five is done, Sarah doesn’t trust Desi because Desi didn’t go along with what Sarah wanted, so she’s sticking with Cayla and Justine-but then says they need Desi, so pretend they are still good?  If this girl didn’t have Tony her first time playing Survivor I think she would have been an early out and long forgotten.

Angela was pretty impressive in that challenge.  Did TJ say ‘unfortunately there has to be a male winner’?  I did enjoy the post-challenge drama when Angela and Ben were arguing over who to put in the arena (and then the fallout with Enzo and David).  I was sad to lose David, mostly because I can’t stand Enzo.  Again, someone whose had a poor challenge performance talks a big game.

If Survivor ever does another Blood vs Water season and don’t bring on Danny and Kiki then Probst needs to be fired.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

That might have been the saddest elimination round ever. "Sadder than Nelson and Cory barely tapping a flaming ball?" you might ask. Yes . . . Enzo and David barely playing Balls In  was so much sadder. than that. I think Teege changed the rules where the ball dropping in the sand would still be "live." In the end, I'm just pissed off that a cat-loving doofus will be playing for big money . . . and it isn't Leo.

I'm also mad that I'll force myself to miss Archer for the extended finale next week. I'm really hoping CBS/Paramount doesn't go for another season, because it dilutes the brand. It's a toxic brand, sure, but it's still a brand.

At least the mission required thinking, and that Tyson was close to going to the Arena. I hate watching people and reading posters constantly chug his Kool-Aid.

Sarah can go away. Ditto Enzo, Tyson and Dominic.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

So in one breath, the fab five is done, Sarah doesn’t trust Desi because Desi didn’t go along with what Sarah wanted, so she’s sticking with Cayla and Justine-but then says they need Desi, so pretend they are still good?  If this girl didn’t have Tony her first time playing Survivor I think she would have been an early out and long forgotten.

...and aligning with Tony during her first time playing Survivor worked out so well.

He got her voted out LOL

Edited by AntFTW
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I can’t believe the final is next week…after one more woman is eliminate.   The episodes are so rushed, but this is crazy.  

I was excited to hear that, because that means Survivor is starting up the following week.  

I don't know if CBS will bring this version back or not, but I don't know if I'd watch unless it was reality-show casted.  I haven't watched the MTV version in years, and I actually think I have that mixed up with another show that used to be on there.  Can't remember as its been that long lol  This episode wasn't as good as last week, but still decent with the David/Enzo/Ben/Angela drama.  

Did I miss them showing how the order was made for the challenge?  Because that's usually a pretty big deal, choosing who goes first and last.  With Angela being last and Tyson being first...who made that order?

Not a big fan of Enzo but good on him for winning.  I laughed when he said something like he can't win a challenge to save his life, but he can win eliminations.  Maybe not exactly the legacy you want, but one way to go.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

This challenge was the type that the fair way is to not let anyone watch in advance.  The first ones had no idea what to do.  The later ones got to learn by the mistakes of the first ones.  

And of course, Angela went last.

• Love 3

At this point, I think the editors are having a lot of fun putting together clips of Sarah talking a tough game and then showing her immediately failing to do well.  An above poster mentioned how fortunate it was for her to be in the original season with Tony as I think that's the reason she was invited back to her second season which she then won.  Even in Survivor she would totally talk down Tony and talk up herself which I am watching again.  

Interesting that Ben really wanted to challenge Angela about who to send home.  I get it, but I also get that Angela really did win the challenge and Ben was only the best of the men.  

If they did not cast some Survivors with whom I am familiar, I would not have watched this show.  I get it that it is popular on MTV, but it just seems a bit underwhelming to me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Interesting that Ben really wanted to challenge Angela about who to send home.  I get it, but I also get that Angela really did win the challenge and Ben was only the best of the men.  

If they did not cast some Survivors with whom I am familiar, I would not have watched this show.  I get it that it is popular on MTV, but it just seems a bit underwhelming to me.

Also, traditionally, if you can’t agree, you have to go in which would have meant Ben since it was a guys elimination.  

The original is much more compelling.  Episodes are longer so you get more time to get t9 know the players and to learn more about the relationships.  Also, with the main show, it is up to season 38 and some of the players have appeared in double digits of seasons, so they have a history both romantic and grudge based….sometimes both.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Angela's mouth said she's excited about the daily challenge, but her brain didn't send the message to her face that she was excited.

I don't think Angela would recognize an emotion if it walked up and slapped her in the face.

• LOL 5

.  All I want is Survivor to win.

.  I'm kind of hoping The Challenge USA doesn't get renewed.  The game and challenges are good, but I don't like the relationship drama that I guess the MTV version has and their fans probably like.

I'm mildly infatuated with Angela although her fealty to Tyson is a turnoff.  TJ seemed hugely relieved that the daily didn't end without at least one person completing it.   I don't think I have ever seen him so effusive in his praise.   

I don't like this show, however I'm still savoring Leo's absence and the fact that he acted like such a crybaby after his elimination.  I was listening to Bananas' podcast earlier -- Death, Taxes and Bananas.  He and Wes spent the latter part of the program discussing The Challenge USA.  Both seemed annoyed that Leo had badmouthed the show after his departure.   From what I gather, Bananas had Leo on as a guest recently.  Either on the podcast or elsewhere, Leo apparently suggested that the production team conspired against him, switching the Elimination to Hall Brawl at the last minute because they wanted him off the show.  Apparently Leo also complained about the living conditions, the edits, etc.   Wes and Bananas credibly explained why it was all just sour grapes.   It was pretty interesting to hear their take on Challenge USA and their feelings about not being a part of it.  

Edited by millennium
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm mildly infatuated with Angela although her fealty to Tyson is a turnoff.  TJ seemed hugely relieved that the daily didn't end without at least one person completing it.   I don't think I have ever seen him so effusive in his praise.   

I don't like this show, however I'm still savoring Leo's absence and the fact that he acted like such a crybaby after his elimination.  I was listening to Bananas' podcast earlier -- Death, Taxes and Bananas.  He and Wes spent the latter part of the program discussing The Challenge USA.  Both seemed annoyed that Leo had badmouthed the show after his departure.   From what I gather, Bananas had Leo on as a guest recently.  Either on the podcast or elsewhere, Leo apparently suggested that the production team conspired against him, switching the Elimination to Hall Brawl at the last minute because they wanted him off the show.  Apparently Leo also complained about the living conditions, the edits, etc.   Wes and Bananas credibly explained why it was all just sour grapes.   It was pretty interesting to hear their take on Challenge USA and their feelings about not being a part of it.  

Bananas has been the Challenge darling for almost a decade, so doesn’t he have every incentive to not say anything bad about production?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Bananas has been the Challenge darling for almost a decade, so doesn’t he have every incentive to not say anything bad about production?

I'm not sure.   I've listened to a couple of his podcasts in the past day.   He's not uncritical.  But there's no bitterness or resentment.  

• Sad 1
On 9/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, DEL901 said:

Also, traditionally, if you can’t agree, you have to go in which would have meant Ben since it was a guys elimination.  

The original is much more compelling.  Episodes are longer so you get more time to get t9 know the players and to learn more about the relationships.  Also, with the main show, it is up to season 38 and some of the players have appeared in double digits of seasons, so they have a history both romantic and grudge based….sometimes both.  

And this would turn me right the f off.  Leave your romantic and grudge relationships at the door please.

24 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Ugh on Enzo on his bragging of how good he was considering he is 43.  I checked and Tyson is the same age.  

So is Domenick.

I really want Danny to win.  If it comes down to Tyson vs. Angela, as much as I loathe both of them, I want Angela to beat Tyson.

• Love 1