Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Life After Lockup: The Rebound & The Monster

• Start Topic

Lindsey and Daonte's sexy reunion turns left. Brittany breaks down over Marcelino's lies.  Destinie promises to blow up Shawn's wedding. Amber is stunned by Puppy’s revelation. Kevin gets an ex-tra surprise. Branwin & Chazz’s date night goes south.

Uh oh, it looks like Daonte will leave with the bluest balls ever.  Who saw that coming?  That man is never getting laid unless his partner is rubber.  He never should have destroyed the true love of his life, Nicolle Jr. 

Brittany acts up a storm over Marcie's supposed attempts at infidelity.  Put chew guards on the scenery or none will survive. 

Destinie has already promised to blow up Shawn's wedding, but will she?  Destinie makes many promises that are aimed at scaring us all.  She is sooooo tough.  In fact, she's so tough that Shawn was able to get the car back from her.  She was up against quite the mighty challenger there. 🙄

Branwin & Chazz’s date night goes south. By that I am absolutely certain they don't mean south of his belt.  Will Chazz finally realize:

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t really understand Destiny’s situation. A promised car and ring?

I might be wrong but I don’t think promises between two lovers counts in courts. 

But there are crazy laws I might not be aware of???

😱

He doesn’t legally owe her anything. She needs money and she knows she can manipulate him.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t really understand Destiny’s situation. A promised car and ring?

I might be wrong but I don’t think promises between two lovers counts in courts. 

But there are crazy laws I might not be aware of???

😱

No, there's no crazy law that Destinie thinks will hold up in court.  She's just batshit crazy, broke up with the baby daddy, needs money, and thinks Shawn is such a noodje that she can intimidate him into giving her some $$$.  She's as nutty as a fruitcake.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

What the holy hell kind of tattoo does Tayler have on her chest??? I cant figure out what I'm supposed to be seeing other than multi-colored blob. 

Gotta love Destinie's logic. 

Edited by suzeecat
additional thought

I find myself cheering for Density.  I want her to march right up to that altar and lay out for Sarah just how much money Shawn owes her and to tell Sarah that the baby she's carrying is Shawn's.  I love this crazy woman.  Two pregnant women, one in a wedding dress, facing off in front of a priest or whatever--what could be better?  Will it come to fisticuffs?  God I hope so.

And I'm in favor of whatever Kelly wants to do to shrimp-brained Shawn.  Maybe she could hold him down while the two pregnant women duke it out.  Maybe she has some kind of common-law marriage rights just because she bore six of his children, and the marriage to Sarah will be invalid.  Maybe the ceremony will take place in the emergency room.

Shawn needs to be neutered ASAP.  We haven't seen enough of his kids to know whether he passed on his derp gene; the two we've met, the one who was in the army and the young woman who came with her mother, *seem* fine now--but have they met their soulmates yet?

• Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Actually…the MONEY Shawn owes Destiny is mostly a figment of Crazy Destiny’s imagination!

If she ever had two nickels to rub together it would have mostly come from Shawns contribution to her prison account!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I understand that Shawn doesn't owe Density *any money at all*--that's why I love her so much.  She knows it, Shawn knows it, we know it--*everybody* knows it--but that shouldn't stop a true grifter from grifting.  Grifters gonna grift.  Dentistry is like a goddam bulldog; she's not going to let go, no matter what the truth of the situation is.  You have *got* to admire such devotion to her vocation, and I do.

Maybe she'll get herself a wedding dress--in fact, I think both she and Kelly should show up all decked out for nuptials, and march down the aisle right after poor old Sarah (what a prize of a husband she's getting!).

• Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6

poor old Sarah

Maybe I'm naive but I feel so badly for her. I think she is trying really hard to do good and get her life going in the right direction but she has godawful taste in men and has hitched her wagon to the terminally stupid Shawn. And now, by having a ShawnSpawn, she is tied to him for life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 8/23/2022 at 11:24 PM, Elizzikra said:

Maybe I'm naive but I feel so badly for her. I think she is trying really hard to do good and get her life going in the right direction but she has godawful taste in men and has hitched her wagon to the terminally stupid Shawn. And now, by having a ShawnSpawn, she is tied to him for life. 

Shawn and Nick Cannon on a mission to populate small towns completely with their own children good god lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, Mothra said:

I find myself cheering for Density.  I want her to march right up to that altar and lay out for Sarah just how much money Shawn owes her and to tell Sarah that the baby she's carrying is Shawn's.  I love this crazy woman.  Two pregnant women, one in a wedding dress, facing off in front of a priest or whatever--what could be better?  Will it come to fisticuffs?  God I hope so.

And I'm in favor of whatever Kelly wants to do to shrimp-brained Shawn.  Maybe she could hold him down while the two pregnant women duke it out.  Maybe she has some kind of common-law marriage rights just because she bore six of his children, and the marriage to Sarah will be invalid.  Maybe the ceremony will take place in the emergency room.

Shawn needs to be neutered ASAP.  We haven't seen enough of his kids to know whether he passed on his derp gene; the two we've met, the one who was in the army and the young woman who came with her mother, *seem* fine now--but have they met their soulmates yet?

I hope this show isn't punking us with the promise of a shitshow wedding, because this scenario has the potential to become a reality show top ten of all time episode. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I hope this show isn't punking us with the promise of a shitshow wedding, because this scenario has the potential to become a reality show top ten of all time episode. 

And I wouldn't put that past them.

Those women better show up at Shawn's wedding or there's going to be hell to pay, Sharp.

Edited by Mothra
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Why is Daonte letting Lindsay look at his finances?  She'll have his passwords and accounts in no time.  Daonte, or should I say "King Dingaling," get a clue!

While I agree with you, although I'm a bit surprised his adult film career isn't more lucrative, I'm not shocked to hear that he is spending a lot more than he's taking in, considering the lavish spread he had prepared for Nicole.

• Love 1

Brittany fake crying. Please. She's no actress.  I wish they'd send this couple away for good.  So boring and fake.

Aside from Amber and Puppy I honestly don't like any of these people at all. 

There's something sweetly genuine about Amber and Puppy. I mean I know how they film etc but I just believe them more than the others.  The relationship is real, and Amber is the only actual human on the show that I would not mind being friends with, with the caveat that she is a convicted felon and I wouldn't trust her with anything but other than that I could see being friends. The others?  Couldn't get far enough away from any of these people. Fortunately (except for Branwin) they all live far away and can't leave their states so I'm good.

Branwin. I'm of two minds on her. First, if she is faking the trauma etc then Chazz needs to cut her loose and lesson learned.  Or second, if she is not faking this Chazz needs to cut her loose because she is a soul suck and incapable of a real relationship with any one. I mean she was sucking her thumb and burst into tears when asked a simple question. She is either beyond pathetic and hopeless or a complete fake. Either way, send her packing. She is not 'partner' material in any way shape or form.  And the childlike games are already old, imagine a lifetime with that. 

Note to Lindsay and Kayla: If your makeup and hair look like that right after you've had sex then you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
Added last notation.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Brittany fake crying. Please. She's no actress.  I wish they'd send this couple away for good.  So boring and fake.

Brittany was *smirking* during her crying outburst.  I can't believe Marcellano would prefer her ferret-faced friend either.  He seemed to be not so into the threesome.  Their entire storyline is like a bad soap opera.

• Like 3
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Why is Daonte letting Lindsay look at his finances?  She'll have his passwords and accounts in no time.  Daonte, or should I say "King Dingaling," get a clue!

On the bright side, I don’t think he has much to steal. No one guards an empty vault.

4 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

She is either beyond pathetic and hopeless or a complete fake.

Or stoned out of her gourd. That’s my bet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Re: Destinee's skills as a makeup artist- only a mother's love would excuse that!  I thought Destinee's mom was making some good points. Destinee, on the other hand, is smack dab in the middle of delusion land, if she thinks Shawn is going to hand over 50 grand.  He doesn't have it and she doesn't deserve it.  She needs to ask her ex husband for help, not clueless Shawn.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, anoninrva said:

While I agree with you, although I'm a bit surprised his adult film career isn't more lucrative, I'm not shocked to hear that he is spending a lot more than he's taking in, considering the lavish spread he had prepared for Nicole.

Does he have an adult career?  Double dipping!  😎

Boy, are we going to be surprised when it turns out Marcellino is going to school trying to get an actual job skill! Or he's at the library writing that novel like he always said he would! Or whatever lame 'shocker' Sharp has ready for the denoument of this boring couple's plotline.

Ray looked like he had to reach deep down to find the courage to propose to what's her name: 'Yes, she'll be attached to me til death like a lamprey on a salmon, but I can stop worrying about that $140K now'.

How is it possible that there are multiple women fighting for possession of KEVIN and SHAWN??!!

Dentistry's (thanks, Mothra!) mad contouring skills involve making both her mom and herself look jaundiced. And am I the only one who thinks mom could pass for 75?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
20 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Because he's so stupid that he thinks he's impressing her. Last week when she got into his car he said "oh hold on, you're sitting on one of my paychecks." He drove 10 hours or something supposedly with his paycheck sitting on the seat waiting to blow out the door? Of course not, who does that? He placed it there just before she got in to try to impress her. Same with access to his finances. He wants to play victim about being taken by other women but peacock about what a provider he is. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Boy, are we going to be surprised when it turns out Marcellino is going to school trying to get an actual job skill! Or he's at the library writing that novel like he always said he would! Or whatever lame 'shocker' Sharp has ready for the denoument of this boring couple's plotline.

Yeah he’s probably planning a party for her or something similarly stupid.

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Dentistry's (thanks, Mothra!) mad contouring skills involve making both her mom and herself look jaundiced. And am I the only one who thinks mom could pass for 75?

Destinie looks worse in her talking heads so I’m not sure her makeup game is on point.

1 hour ago, Lambie said:

Because he's so stupid that he thinks he's impressing her. Last week when she got into his car he said "oh hold on, you're sitting on one of my paychecks." He drove 10 hours or something supposedly with his paycheck sitting on the seat waiting to blow out the door? Of course not, who does that? He placed it there just before she got in to try to impress her. Same with access to his finances. He wants to play victim about being taken by other women but peacock about what a provider he is. 

Because that outdoor job he has at the shipyard pays so much.

It is funny he spent $40k on Nicolle and didn’t get sex once while Nicolle was giving it for free to Clay Aiken.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Branwin. I'm of two minds on her. First, if she is faking the trauma etc then Chazz needs to cut her loose and lesson learned.  Or second, if she is not faking this Chazz needs to cut her loose because she is a soul suck and incapable of a real relationship with any one. I mean she was sucking her thumb and burst into tears when asked a simple question. She is either beyond pathetic and hopeless or a complete fake. Either way, send her packing. She is not 'partner' material in any way shape or form.  And the childlike games are already old, imagine a lifetime with that. 

This.   For a while I thought she was accustomed to doing sex only while high, or only as the perfect ending to an evening of crotch-grinding lap dances, and the idea of actually expressing affection through sex was so alien to her it was frightening.  I was hoping old Chazz would get her drunk and try again, but goody two shoes says that might get her back in jail.  This theory died when time went on and she didn't just get herself drunk.  And it became clearer and clearer that she *is* high all the time.

I think Chazz was her ticket out of the slammer and a real disappointment in real life.  She's crying and sucking her thumb and carrying on because a) she wants him to leave her alone and b) she doesn't know what else to do because her normal tools for expressive communication (g-string and pole) are not at hand.

Chazz will never get laid.  Leave her at the cabin and go home, Chazz.

And as for Diversity--*she* knows she's not entitled to anything and isn't going to get anything from Shawn.  She's having a good time--she's in the catbird seat.  His wedding day--its success as a social/religious occasion, his standing with old Sarah and his children, everything in his life--are in her grimy tattooed clutches, and he knows it.  She has him shitting bricks, and she's the master mason.  We all--not just us here, but *all* the viewers who are not brain dead--will be disappointed beyond belief if she does not disrupt the nuptials.  The disruptials.  Who cares if Shawn marries old Sarah?  Nobody.  God bless and good luck.  Who cares if Dentistry charges into the wedding and raises hell?  We *all* do!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mothra said:

This.   For a while I thought she was accustomed to doing sex only while high, or only as the perfect ending to an evening of crotch-grinding lap dances, and the idea of actually expressing affection through sex was so alien to her it was frightening.  I was hoping old Chazz would get her drunk and try again, but goody two shoes says that might get her back in jail.  This theory died when time went on and she didn't just get herself drunk.  And it became clearer and clearer that she *is* high all the time.

I think Chazz was her ticket out of the slammer and a real disappointment in real life.  She's crying and sucking her thumb and carrying on because a) she wants him to leave her alone and b) she doesn't know what else to do because her normal tools for expressive communication (g-string and pole) are not at hand.

And as for Diversity--*she* knows she's not entitled to anything and isn't going to get anything from Shawn.  She's having a good time--she's in the catbird seat.  His wedding day--its success as a social/religious occasion, his standing with old Sarah and his children, everything in his life--are in her grimy tattooed clutches, and he knows it.  She has him shitting bricks, and she's the master mason.  We all--not just us here, but *all* the viewers who are not brain dead--will be disappointed beyond belief if she does not disrupt the nuptials.  The disruptials.  Who cares if Shawn marries old Sarah?  Nobody.  God bless and good luck.  Who cares if Dentistry charges into the wedding and raises hell?  We *all* do!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Destinee wrings a few more bucks out of Shawn. He is that stupid.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Destinee wrings a few more bucks out of Shawn. He is that stupid.

I think Disinterred knows Shawn won’t give her any money but TLC will for providing a storyline. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yes, Chaz definitely gives off creepy vibes, but I can't with Branwin.  Her tale of woe that she can't have sex without being high is a crock.  She is higher than a kite at all times now.  They should not have married each other without knowing how they would connect outside of prison.  Now, she needs to be up front with him and let him know it was a mistake and she just doesn't have feelings for him, doesn't want to start that new life in Kentucky.  If she doesn't tell him the truth, she is just leading him on, in my opinion.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Branny is hoping for Chaz to put a stop to it so she doesn't have to.  Her comments about moving to Kentucky because she told him she would said it all.  She 100% does not want to go.  Her every action screams that she doesn't want to go.  She recoils from him. She does not want any physical contact with him.  He is the only one who doesn't understand this absolutely will not change.  The harder he pushes, the more she backs away. She is really hoping he'll back out of the deal. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, Chaz definitely gives off creepy vibes, but I can't with Branwin.

I don't think he's actually a creepy human being, but because he's SO PATHETIC...he slips right into creepiness.  He thinks his little baby-talk whiny voice comes off as sexy.  It's VOMIT-PRODUCING!

On 8/20/2022 at 9:49 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Destinie makes many promises that are aimed at scaring us all. 

Speaking of SCARING...how would you like to be in the make-up chair with that crazy felon working on you?

• Mind Blown 1

image.thumb.png.e47ef340537ce5ad05dcaf5cebb521f6.png

On 8/23/2022 at 6:19 AM, suzeecat said:

What the holy hell kind of tattoo does Tayler have on her chest???

Someone on another website came up with "Angry Birds vs Intestines."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, Chaz definitely gives off creepy vibes, but I can't with Branwin.  Her tale of woe that she can't have sex without being high is a crock.  She is higher than a kite at all times now.  They should not have married each other without knowing how they would connect outside of prison.  Now, she needs to be up front with him and let him know it was a mistake and she just doesn't have feelings for him, doesn't want to start that new life in Kentucky.  If she doesn't tell him the truth, she is just leading him on, in my opinion.  

Of course, but I don't think she is capable of telling him the truth.  Does she have any obligation to stay married to him re: parole or anything?  I don't think she does.  Something about Branwin makes me think she exists outside of our reality--maybe it's the drugs.  Chazz is seemingly compos mentis but he too is having trouble breaking it off.  I guess hope springs eternal in the horny dick.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Branwin is really polarizing! 

I'm in the camp where she is so damaged that Chazz just needs to leave her alone and move on. Whatever she does -- stays in Portland, returns to sex work, relapses on drugs -- he should not be a contributor to that and it is clear the stress of being in a relationship is triggering. Maybe she thought she could handle normal life when she was still tucked away in the safety of prison life. I think she even said at one point last episode that it would be easier to be in prison. 

She didn't have that many decisions/accountability in prison. Now she is accountable to her PO, to her school, to her daughter. She has to decide where to live, what friends to keep in her life, what to DO with her life. A bizarre, needy, husband who clearly has issues if he's on his 4th marriage is not the dream of stability for her, no matter what picture he paints. 

I get really sad Tracey and Alla vibes from her.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I still can't figure out why the F Branwin married Chaz a minute after being sprung. I mean, show and all, but seriously, she only has herself to blame. 

Puppy is having a litter. God help us all. NOW GET OFF THE TOILET!

Y'all on the live thread had me howling as usual....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I still can't figure out why the F Branwin married Chaz a minute after being sprung. I mean, show and all, but seriously, she only has herself to blame. 

I think her rationale was that she needed to get away from her circle of scuzzy friends and Kentucky would be a type of cold turkey.   But because she must be there temporarily she has reintegrated with the scuzzy friends and realized that she likes that lifestyle too much to give it up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don't know that her decision-making skills have ever been all that strong...

Puppy is having a litter. God help us all. NOW GET OFF THE TOILET!

Obviously I watch a train wreck as much as or more than anyone else, but I still find Puppy's pregnancy so terribly sad. I can't even snark watch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think her rationale was that she needed to get away from her circle of scuzzy friends and Kentucky would be a type of cold turkey.   But because she must be there temporarily she has reintegrated with the scuzzy friends and realized that she likes that lifestyle too much to give it up.

I had the same theory, and that, consequentially, cutting off her former life and going with Chazz to Kentucky became more than just consummating her marriage.  That's a charitable interpretation, however.  I don't think her behavior has warranted much charity.

• Love 2

I also give Branwin some leeway here.  She does seem to be struggling to figure out how to be a functional adult and build a life. If she is actually in school and adhering to the rules of her parole, she is trying.  Chazz is the extreme of what we have often seen on this show. He expects her to come out of prison and be 100% ready to settle down and be a fully functioning adult.  He also has a dream of being her savior and he has built her into something that she is not in his head.  (Think of her as "goddess" 2.)  That adds so much additional pressure to a very fragile person. 

Chazz is like Angela, Britney, and Johanna (marry me now!), Marcie (I know you said you want to be alone but I'm am going to sit next to you in this field and attempt to hold onto you), whoever that woman was with Dante of the misspelled, backwards face tattoo . . . the list goes on.  Almost everyone getting out of prison needs major time to adjust and figure out their goals prior to getting locked down with one person. 

Density and Lindsey are predators. Everyone is a mark.  They only reach out to men because they want something from them.  Branny is very damaged.  I do think she is holding on by her fingertips.  Chazz is adding more stress that she is unlikely to be able to handle.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I also give Branwin some leeway here.  She does seem to be struggling to figure out how to be a functional adult and build a life. If she is actually in school and adhering to the rules of her parole, she is trying.  Chazz is the extreme of what we have often seen on this show. He expects her to come out of prison and be 100% ready to settle down and be a fully functioning adult.  He also has a dream of being her savior and he has built her into something that she is not in his head.  (Think of her as "goddess" 2.)  That adds so much additional pressure to a very fragile person.

<snip>

Density and Lindsey are predators. Everyone is a mark.  They only reach out to men because they want something from them.  Branny is very damaged.  I do think she is holding on by her fingertips.  Chazz is adding more stress that she is unlikely to be able to handle.

I don't think either of them is to blame, exactly, for the sad situation they find themselves in.  I do think it's clear that Branwin is either heavily using or is deeply depressed, and whichever it is needs to be addressed.  Does parole come with regular drug tests?  I'd like to know for sure one way or the other if she really is as high as she seems.  All the time.

Part of me wants to wonder if stripping for a living has made her use drugs to numb herself to what her work entails, or even if she is depressed (if she is depressed--and it sure seems to me like she is) because of her work.  I've been taken to a couple of strip clubs (as a joke ha ha) and found that nothing softs off the men sitting around the bar quicker than having an old lady give the dancer $5 and engage in conversation about how the dancer's body aches at the end of her shift, how she wants nothing more than to get into a tub of hot water--but she doesn't have any trouble staying in shape.  IOW, normal kind of talk; not druggy and not depressed.  Happy to talk to a woman for a change, but not miserable stripping for me.

I respect Chazz for not being a jerk about sex with her.  He has been more patient that any man I could imagine, and I think he must really have felt a connection with her while she was in prison.  If he were sticking with her only for the promise of sex, I don't think he would have stuck around even this long.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm of the mind that Branwin's reaction to Chazz attempting "intimacy" is because she is deeply unattracted to him. She's built up this emotional connection to him for two years and now that they're in person, the thought of getting naked with him turns her stomach.  She's using the "I only had sex while high" thing as a cover.   That part is most likely true, but I don't think its the actual reason. I think he makes her skin crawl and the emotional meltdown on the couch when he brought up having sex later that night was because her body and mind are in complete conflict. She knows he would be good for her, give her a stable life, etc.., but she cannot override her body's reaction when he starts touching and trying to kiss her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2022 at 3:02 PM, ChristmasJones said:

... she cannot override her body's reaction when he starts touching and trying to kiss her. 

Same. I can't override my body's reaction when he starts touching and kissing her either. It's disgusting. Read a room, douche, she does not want you that way. AT ALL. And never will. 

• Love 3