Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E10: HOH #4, Nominations #4

• Start Topic

Oh yes in addition to squeaky wheel rolly cart we got a boing boing when Jasmine hopped down the stairs.  I love it.

Also every time they show Jasmine stepping off that platform when she hurt herself it looks more sketchy.

• Love 5

Nicole is mostly annoyed about not knowing Ameerah was the one going home because she spent her time with Terrence instead of Ameerah. It's always about Nicole! 

And heavens - Taylor knew that Ameerah was going home and didn't tell them! How horrible of her!

• Love 11

What Joseph told Kyle about Alissa’s person was non of his darn business. A person could have been a mother, father, brother, sister, friend and not a committed relationship. But to boot Joseph made it sound that way. 

Every houseguest can consider themselves being bullied. Joseph bullied Alissa by spreading potentially false information. Making someone a have not, putting someone on the block, making alliances to target a houseguest and so on and so forth. To play BB you need to have a thick skin and not a persecution complex. 

Edited by Waldo13

The Leftovers have become one of the best alliances of all time.  They have played such a smart, strategic and social game.  Whereas the other side has some of the worst, most toxic players.

Edited by thestorm
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

What Joseph told Kyle about Alissa’s person was non of his darn business. A person could have been a mother, father, brother, sister, friend and not a committed relationship. But to boot Joseph made it sound that way. 

Every houseguest can consider themselves being bullied. Joseph bullied Alissa by spreading potentially false information. Making someone a have not, putting someone on the block, making alliances to target a houseguest and so on and so forth. To play BB you need to have a thick skin and not a persecution complex. 

Except that's part of the game and not bullying. Bullying is deliberately shunning, alienating, spreading false rumors, insulting. In other words, what Daniel and Nicole were like to Taylor last week.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14

As soon as I saw the sliding competition I knew in my heart Monty was going to be a savant at it and sure enough.

I'm happy Taylor is safe but look to be honest the best seasons  have the power shifting back and forth so  I would have been okay with the other side winning this week just to keep things interesting and unpredictable. For entertainment value I'm not ready to lose two villains in back to back weeks.

Also troubling me is some of the Pound I just don't like. Are we supposed to forget everything Monty did to Taylor...believing the lies from Paloma for instance? He's untrustworthy.

Alyssa: I don't  know where I go from here.

Me: Not into Kyle's bed.

Does she really have someone back at home? I'm too lazy to go back and watch her package from episode 1.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I just had to crackle with glee each time Nicole bitched that she didn't get to say goodbye to her best friend.

Seriously?  But isn't Daniel your actual best friend in the house? Or does he only count as a lap dog?

"They made me say goodbye to Terrance and cry for him."

You poor thing. 🙄

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Except that's part of the game and not bullying. Bullying is deliberately shunning, alienating, spreading false rumors, insulting. In other words, what Daniel and Nicole were like to Taylor last week.

That’s what I’m saying when Joseph was actually spreading a false rumor to Kyle when he didn’t actually know who Alyssa’s person was. Year after year many houseguest are targeted by spreading false rumors to get them out of the house.  Putting someone on the block with a lame explanation I find insulting.  Bulling is not a new concept and it seems to be the dynamic of every BB season. 

Oh for the love of Pete, enough with The Invitation promotion already. Can't they just go back to screening the movie for the HGs as a "prize?" Although, then said HGs are forced to talk up how good it is, so that's bad too. 

I understand choosing Alyssa and Indy for the block, but Nicole is by far the more dangerous player than either of them, and so is Daniel. Those two are the immediate and biggest threats IMO.

I understand Taylor's reluctance to willingly go on the Block for the FOURTH time so far this season, but they really need to get Nicole out of there.  She's a tough competitor and kind of mean, so there's 2 good reasons to show her the door.

I'm enjoying the Leftovers alliance so far, but we all know that alliances that are adept at wiping out their competition tend to turn cocky and smug very quickly.  I hope that doesn't happen here.  I'd hate to have a new underdog alliance led by Daniel get formed and suddenly start to appeal to the American public!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I understand Taylor's reluctance to willingly go on the Block for the FOURTH time so far this season

Yeah, this is a tricky one. Monte is really doing his best to handle her with kid gloves and make her feel like she belongs, as a 'full member' of the new Leftover group that really does have her back. The problem is though... I think she just has to suck it up one more time for the greater good. She won't be on the block in the same way as her previous stays though. She wouldn't have to get so stressed about it as this time she'd actually be and agent of change, bringing Nicole to the chopping block. The greater good is a tough pitch given her history though.

I think I'd just say "The Leftovers have worked so far, but we're not out yet. We can't afford to take our foot off the gas yet. And that means taking down targets. I'm so sorry you are tangentially involved in that situation, due to this twist. But we've got to do it to really guarantee that The Leftovers will be in to for the long run and not swept away with what could happen next week. Should we lose power you might end up on the block for real this time and we all want to avoid that. So just suck it up and do what you have to do."

Okay, probably without the 'just suck it up' part. But she really DOES need to just suck it up this week.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

That’s what I’m saying when Joseph was actually spreading a false rumor to Kyle when he didn’t actually know who Alyssa’s person was. Year after year many houseguest are targeted by spreading false rumors to get them out of the house.  Putting someone on the block with a lame explanation I find insulting.  Bulling is not a new concept and it seems to be the dynamic of every BB season. 

Bullying is ongoing and deliberate behaviour. Joseph told Kyle what he thought he heard - may be true, may be false - but Joseph has not been *repeatedly* targeting Alyssa by talking trash about her.

Nicole is so self-centred. I wonder if she'll see that when she watches this back. Fingers crossed she goes this week, then I'm happy for a power shift to spice things up.

• Fire 2
  • Love 6

Can Joseph and Terrance vote on Thursday or not because they’re besties with Monte? I can’t remember the rules.

I think so - Jasmine was allowed to vote when Turner was HoH.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Can Joseph and Terrance vote on Thursday or not because they’re besties with Monte? I can’t remember the rules.

They can vote. Monte can’t because he’s HoH, but they don’t share that title. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:52 AM, Waldo13 said:

Err, what’s the false rumor here? Joseph told Kyle exactly what Alyssa said, that “she missed her person” back home. Which I would also think to mean a significant other. Calling someone else “my person” would be really freaking weird.

• Love 2

Actually, thanks to Grey's Anatomy, the phrase "your person" has become a way to describe your best friend. Urban Dictionary defines it:

Your person is your best friend and so much more. You connect with them in so many different levels and when you aren’t around them for an extended period of time you feel lost and empty. You can trust them with everything and you know they will love you no matter what. This person in generally not your boyfriend or girlfriend but they are your best friend. You feel a sense of joy and happiness when ur around them and they always make you smile. 

Of course if you're not a GA fan, or friends with someone who is and adopted the vernacular, you would have no way of knowing this and it could easily be misconstrued so I don't believe Joseph was intentionally lying about his understanding of the term.  Also, there is no way of knowing if this is the way Alyssa meant it or if she really was referring to a significant other.  It's open for a lot of interpretation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1