Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Dinner on the Rocks

• Start Topic

Caroline Stanbury clears up some issues with Lesa at an afternoon of high tea; Caroline Brooks throws a pool party; Ayan picks a bone with Nina; Sara's unsolicited advice leads Caroline Brooks to question her relationship with her.

Airing Wednesday, July 13, 2022.

• Useful 1

Sara= EWWWW. Sorry. That's a no from me.

Caroline Brooks= Maybe my standout favorite in this season  

Ayan= Does NOT look or feel or sound wealthy, elegant, classy, etc. She seems an average chick you could find anywhere including Kenya, Ethiopia, etc . She doesn't even seem a knockoff of Iman. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

I think I like Caroline Brooks a little less with each episode. 

"Adam, would you like Mommy to cut you some chicken?" 

"Yes, Mom."

"Maid (I missed her name), would you take this plate down to Adam and slice him some chicken?'

What the heck, Caroline? And by the way, when people who have actual boarding school experience are telling you that you don't really want  to put your son through that, maybe you should listen. 

And all of that yelling and screaming at your friends! What was all of that? Sara was right- something very clearly triggered Caroline in that moment.

• Applause 5
  • Love 17

Once again I only watched part of this episode but the part I watched was the end at Caroline B’s dinner. It was uncomfortable to watch. And something bothers me the way her maid, Sarah, bows and scrapes to her and calls her madame or was it my lady, something like that. Is she one of these rich people who treat their help like they are beneath her? 
And the way she went off on friend Sarah and her guy friend was over the top and vicious. She was on WWHL and the two guy friends were there with her so I guess they are used to her treating them badly. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Is she one of these rich people who treat their help like they are beneath her? 

In that part of the world, you don't need to be rich to have a maid.

But you don't have to be an asshole to them, regardless of your bank account.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, TVForever said:

I think I like Caroline Brooks a little less with each episode. 

"Adam, would you like Mommy to cut you some chicken?" 

"Yes, Mom."

"Maid (I missed her name), would you take this plate down to Adam and slice him some chicken?'

What the heck, Caroline? And by the way, when people who have actual boarding school experience are telling you that you don't really want  to put your son through that, maybe you should listen. 

And all of that yelling and screaming at your friends! What was all of that? Sara was right- something very clearly triggered Caroline in that moment.

Her maid's name was Sarah I think. And yes, I hated the way she spoke to her too. Brooks definitly seems like the type that wants to be able to say in her social groups "my son goes to boarding school in Switzerland" and not really care about what her son wants. I'm liking her less and less too. I hated the way she spoke to her friend.

Laughed at Ayan googling Big Bird and saying she would look good in yellow. Lesa looked beautiful at the tea party.

• Love 11

Caroline Brooks seemed to be acting like she thought a rich person should in that dinner scene--talking about boarding school, ordering her maid around. I think her friend was kind of baffled by her behavior, so he called her out and I don't blame him. She was being absurd. Was it Caroline Stanbury who basically called her nouveau rich? That seems right on the money. I think she actually could be interesting if she showed her true self more often. 

I like watching Chanel and Lesa interact, and I'm entertained by Caroline Stanbury's solo scenes. Everything else is kind of a snooze. I need Nina to stop with the French fries. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I thought it was hilarious when Sarah was going on and on to Ayan about her positive energy, etc. Finally Ayan said something like, "Oh, I think you're like Jesus." She said it with a straight face, and Sarah is too full of herself to even notice that she was being mocked. Well done, Ayan.

Edited by queta
spelled word wrong
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Sara is a big phony. While I applaud her work supposedly encouraging UAE women to become business leaders etc and I was momentarily impressed to learn she was a doctor as she referred to herself and was introduced as DOCTOR Sara al Madani. Sorry you are not supposed to be addressed nor address yourself as a "DOCTOR" when you were given an HONORARY doctorate degree. Hers is in Business Administration. Her introduction makes it sound like she either has a med degree or a Phd in Astro Physics or Physics or something. I guess she also has a degree in bullshit or exaggerating....her undergrad is in cinema. I am no longer impressed!

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Caroline Brooks seemed to be acting like she thought a rich person should in that dinner scene--talking about boarding school, ordering her maid around. I think her friend was kind of baffled by her behavior, so he called her out and I don't blame him. She was being absurd. Was it Caroline Stanbury who basically called her nouveau rich? That seems right on the money. I think she actually could be interesting if she showed her true self more often. 

I like watching Chanel and Lesa interact, and I'm entertained by Caroline Stanbury's solo scenes. Everything else is kind of a snooze. I need Nina to stop with the French fries. 

Caroline B in the 1st episode said she was from Newton...a Boston suburb.  It's super wealthy and snooty.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 7/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, Hiyo said:

In that part of the world, you don't need to be rich to have a maid.

But you don't have to be an asshole to them, regardless of your bank account.

I am sure not everyone is awful to the help but that particular area is notorious for exploiting the hired hands and treating them as if they are "less than". All of the low level workers are imported and are looked upon as inferior species. I think all of the working people are also not natives as I thought the actual citizens get stipends of some kind from the government - but I am not sure if that is true only of some of the emirates.

It is pretty telling when cold fish Stanbury is advising someone not to send their kid to boarding school - got to give her credit for actually raising her kids and not following in the family tradition. 

I don't know if anyone even sends kids to boarding school at those young ages anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Caroline Brooks sucks. She seems like a poser and I don’t buy her speech about how she built  her ugly lifestyle by herself. Didn’t she get a good divorce settlement?  I find it gross that her housekeeper has to call her madame and the way Brooks speaks to her is shitty. I wonder if she really wants to send her son to boarding school or if that’s for tv? Her guests should have left when she started her theatrics. 
Sara’s a bit full of herself too. 
How much money did Sergio’s dad offer him? The pairing is odd and it’s not the age difference it’s that she refers to him as a child. She said his mom should be happy because he’ll grow up with her. How weird.

• Love 9
On 7/15/2022 at 10:59 AM, Panda Bear said:

Brooks is rich, though.  Rich people act a variety of ways.  Is there a handbook?

On 7/15/2022 at 7:59 AM, Panda Bear said:

On WWHL, Caroline B said that Adam's father went to boarding school and she was considering it, but has since decided against it.  She said that Stanbury's experience with boarding school was helpful in making her decision.

She also clarified why she went off on Sara and her friends.  She said she asked for Sara's opinion on "boarding school" specifically and should have kept her opinions to herself about tucking in her child at bedtime.  

I think Sara does come across as judgmental and "holier than thou," but she made some good points at Brooks' dinner, in my opinion. Brooks just came off as crazy, but I guess she can blame that on being a mama bear (although the others weren't criticizing her child, they were advocating for him.)

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I would really like to offer my opinion on this show, but I have a problem. 

I can NOT figure out who is who. I get Ayan and sometimes Brooks, Stansbury only because she is white (not a racist thing, it's just the one variant that sets her apart because all of these women are deplorable).  Other than that, if a name is not spoken I just watch cluelessly🧐.

I have yet to find a redeeming quality in this show. But, I am trying................

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2022 at 4:11 PM, queta said:

I thought it was hilarious when Sarah was going on and on to Ayan about her positive energy, etc. Finally Ayan said something like, "Oh, I think you're like Jesus." She said it with a straight face, and Sarah is too full of herself to even notice that she was being mocked. Well done, Ayan.

I hollered!! The Jesus comment came after Sara said ‘then you can be more like me’ (paraphrased)! Ayan’s reaction was much more subdued than mines 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

I would really like to offer my opinion on this show, but I have a problem. 

I can NOT figure out who is who. I get Ayan and sometimes Brooks, Stansbury only because she is white (not a racist thing, it's just the one variant that sets her apart because all of these women are deplorable).  Other than that, if a name is not spoken I just watch cluelessly🧐.

I have yet to find a redeeming quality in this show. But, I am trying................

I can understand that because it takes a while to get to know the housewives.  I had the trickiest time telling Lisa and Meredith apart on RHSLC until I honed in on some specific features they each had in particular.  Here's what I have noted with these ladies: (some of this is "tongue in cheek" 😉)

Caroline Stanbury:  white, teeth, bitchy (hopefully it's just prewedding jitters)

Caroline Brooks:  confident, 1 son, bad wigs

Chanel Ayan:  skinny, model, OTT fashions

Lesa:  the youngest, fashion designer, mom of 3 boys

Nena:  cultured, likes crystals and fries, deep voice

Sara:  Emirate, social warrior, plumped lips

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2022 at 1:56 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I find it gross that her housekeeper has to call her madame and the way Brooks speaks to her is shitty.

Yes.  Although technically the housekeeper calls her "my damn" and it cracks me up 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I was on a cruise of the Greek islands last week and the crew was mostly Indian and Filipino. I was called Madame by all of them. I don't know if it's a cruise line thing or a cultural thing but it took some getting used to. They called my husband Sir and me Madame or Lady which really cracked me up.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2022 at 5:03 PM, Arynm said:

I was on a cruise of the Greek islands last week and the crew was mostly Indian and Filipino. I was called Madame by all of them. I don't know if it's a cruise line thing or a cultural thing but it took some getting used to. They called my husband Sir and me Madame or Lady which really cracked me up.

I think it's cultural. 

• Love 4

I feel sorry for whoever marries/dates Caroline Brooks's son when he grows up. Yeesh. That woman is nuts.

Still think Stanbury's marriage to her boy-toy is an arrangement. Is it me, or do her teeth get bigger and bigger each episode?

Up until this point, I did not realize Sara was quite that into herself. Also WTF is the Global Citizen Organization? 

To my amazement Ayan is growing on me (slightly). She's ridiculously OTT, but can be funny sometimes.

• Love 6