Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sketcher said:

While I agree that Kyle is not yet a KKK joining racist, I won't grant him the grace of assuming that he will outgrow his 30 year old instincts of grouping people into "white" and "other".

Instincts, or environment?

Kyle’s bio lists both his hometown and current city as Bountiful, Utah - the demographics of which Wikipedia lists as follows:

According to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau,[12] as of 2016, there were 44,708 people in Bountiful. The racial makeup of the county was 89.5% non-Hispanic White, 0.4% Black, 0.4% Native American, 1.4% Asian, and 2.1% from two or more races. 6.4% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Kyle has been living in Ivory Snowville all his life. While expecting Kyle to suddenly deviate from a lifetime of conditioning might be desirable, it’s probably unrealistic - and doubtful - in the extreme.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LoveLeigh said:

And creating a diverse "face" in an alliance does not prove that the members are not racists. In order to eradicate racism, education has to be broad and deep. A superficial "look" in an alliance to me is meaningless. 

I feel like the episodes are protecting Kyle by not mentioning an ounce of how he’s afraid of Cookout 2.0, and Terrence for not showing a bit of how much he inexplicably treats Taylor like garbage. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

Not really, once Daniel wasn’t chosen. Michael at least expressed an interest in keeping them the same, don’t think he would have been disappointed had Daniel won. Terrance winning does nothing but ensure either Joseph or Monte use veto & Daniel up. 

I just saw the She Hulk commercial - was that the woman who was on Celebrity BB earlier this year? I forgot her name but she's a professional body builder. She was in an alliance with someone throughout, it wasn't Todrick, was it?  I suppose I could look at the thread to figure it out.

11 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I feel like the episodes are protecting Kyle but not mentioning an ounce of how he’s afraid of Cookout 2.0, and Terrence for not showing a bit of how much her inexplicably treats Taylor like garbage. 

There WAS a Cookout and it was not diverse. So why can't Kyle think another one might be forming? He is allowed to strategize based on last season. I love Taylor but I have watched her. She subliminally provokes others which I find funny so I think they react and it has nothing to do with race. She eats potato chips and taunts them by saying nothing and her behavior makes them feel small. It is hilarious and she is great at the game. But if he fights back it could have nothing to do with race. Not all conflict is race based if those in the conflict are of different races. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I just saw the She Hulk commercial - was that the woman who was on Celebrity BB earlier this year? I forgot her name but she's a professional body builder. She was in an alliance with someone throughout, it wasn't Todrick, was it?  I suppose I could look at the thread to figure it out.

No, that’s Titania Maslany who was in Orphan Black. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

There WAS a Cookout and it was not diverse. So why can't Kyle think another one might be forming? He is allowed to strategize based on last season

Because he’s playing this season with other people. My favorite thing about throwing out his “theory” was that as soon as Monte was on the block, everyone in his imagined Cookout alliance went directly to Michael to propose that Monte go!  And then a panicked Kyle had to rescramble!!  Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Charas Bangs said:

The entire house stood in silence while Taylor was tormented and harassed for 3 weeks. There where multiple people in the bathroom that stood by while Daniel unleased on her, not just Michael. They all stood in silence. They all said nothing. I personally dislike them all equally because of this. 

This is my issue with the KKKyle style of bigots. They hide behind the good guy facade and speak in the shadows of their biases/ racist beliefs. They seek out allies in the shadows because they KNOW THEY ARE RACIST POSs. They know. KKKyle specifically sought out Michael because he KNEW Michael would afford him a certain level of discretion if he shared his racist a s s views. He did not approach Turner or Daniel or Alyssa because he likely assumed they would not have afforded him the same discretion (for whatever their reasons) that Michael would/did/has. Michael isn't wrong for treading lightly with what KKKYLE said. There is no way to predict how sharing this info with the people in the house would be preceived. I personally have no empathy for a coward racist. They are the worst. I perfer people who can speak about their biases openly (are these convos easy? No. But they have been in my experience way more productive then trying to talk to the fake a s s "good guy" types. The KKKyle types only yes you to death and agree with everything you say because they are uncomfortable with and have no real need or motivation to change their biases. He's literally going back home to his mama. To his safe space in Utah. He openly said his family was a "little bit racist" in the beginning of the show. 

To Big brother Twitter: I cannot share my views of the mob mental following caucuses of twitter without likely getting banned from this forum, so I won't. I'll never care about the mobs of emotionally distressed humans and bots that roam in hash tags cliques and .... see nevermind. 

People always seem to pop up on the interent with opinions of people when its convenient for them and likely to afford their 15 minutes of fame.

I think I'm a good person, i attain to be anyway, could someone, somewhere in my past when I was younger tell someone else that I was a terror. Hell yes. I am not the same person I was when I was younger and like to afford others the same assumption. Until they KKKyle the space and show me/tell me who they truly are/ how they really feel.

Its funny how BB twitter is making Michael the bad guy, when KKKyle is the one who said and doubled down on this mess. So yeah, BB twitter can %$^%$#%$#%$@@$#%^&&^%$%# a big ole pile of @$#%^&*^% with all of the @$#%^&% and *&$%^&*)( that their @$#%^&**^%$ can..... see, nevermind.. 

The guy who accused Michael of being a bully had an egg as their avatar and just made a twitter account for that alone. General rule of thumb don't believe egg avatars on twitter. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I feel like the episodes are protecting Kyle but not mentioning an ounce of how he’s afraid of Cookout 2.0, and Terrence for not showing a bit of how much her inexplicably treats Taylor like garbage. 

I’m hoping the show was just waiting for Kyle to be in the block to air his racist comments as part of his unraveling. If it doesn’t air tomorrow, the show will have shown their true colors. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Can Jasmine be a have not next week?   Please let this happen!!!  Also, can she be on the block as well.  Those two things happening would make for really 'good' feeds.  Just sayin'

Now that we have confirmation that the wall the is the HOH competition this week, I'm praying that it's one of those first four down are have not, and Jasmine is one of the first ones to fall.

Edited by argrow
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, LoveLeigh said:

love Taylor but I have watched her. She subliminally provokes others which I find funny so I think they react and it has nothing to do with race. She eats potato chips and taunts them by saying nothing and her behavior makes them feel small.

Hmmmmmm. Subliminally provokes them…what? By her mere existence?   I guess ‘nothing gets between Taylor and her Lays’. Wait, no, that tagline has been taken. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I have a feeling Taylor might be sick of Lays by the time the season is over since Production is encouraging her to eat them.

3 minutes ago, argrow said:

Now that we have confirmation that the wall the is the HOH competition this week, I'm praying that it's one of those first four down is have not, and Jasmine is one of the first ones to fall.

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Evil laughter!!wizard of oz laughing GIF

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

BUT IT'S HER BIRTHDAY

BB should still give the houseguests booze and cake for her birthday.. Except she can't consume those since she's a have not. Will be the best outcome!

Edited by argrow
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, argrow said:

BB should still give the houseguests booze and cake for her birthday.. Except she can't consume those since she's a have not. Will be the best outcome!

But if she's a have not, she can't eat an ice cream cake and popsicles and I forgot what the other thing was. She just can't! Not on her birthday!

But even if she is a Have Not, she can have pickles. Maybe someone can put frosting on a pickle and a candle or a slop cake.

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

What a lovely birthday present an eviction would be….for the rest of the houseguests.   

Actually, they start building the jury next.  So Jasmine will either stay in the BB house or be the first in the Jury house.

2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jasmine might be in luck. I imagine this week Kyle, Terrance, Joseph, and Turner will be throwing HoH and jumping off quickly.

They had better wait until she falls dammit!  Then they can all fall on the count of 3.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

They still need a Leftover to win since Michael and Brittany don’t have a shield…unless the Festie Bestie twist is over before the HOH competition.  

They confirmed that festie bestie is over tomorrow during tonight's episode.

7 minutes ago, argrow said:

They confirmed that festie bestie is over tomorrow during tonight's episode.

I didn’t think they specified exactly when it would end, but maybe I missed that.  

Ok if festie besties are ending, then I think Turner, Joseph, and Kyle will throw. Jasmine won't win bc of her foot. Terrance, Monte, Indy, Alyssa, Taylor, Brittany will be playing hard for it, but Terrance also is not likely to win. 

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pennben said:

Hmmmmmm. Subliminally provokes them…what? By her mere existence?   I guess ‘nothing gets between Taylor and her Lays’. Wait, no, that tagline has been taken. 

Not by her mere existence..... by the confident way she responds to them. It is a clever art. And she has it honed down to a science. It's like if somebody is screaming at you and you keep munching on popcorn and don't react. It triggers more anger. I love it. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Well, I can't imagine who Taylor thinks she is, eating potato chips and saying nothing. 

Exactly. And your sarcastic reaction is their real reaction and it triggers them. Keep munching on the popcorn and it angers others more than anything you can say. 

• Love 1

It really bugs me that Jasmine either wasn't given instructions on using a cane, or she was but she's choosing to ignore them. 

The cane goes in the hand on the opposite side of the injury, and is used for balance. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It really bugs me that Jasmine either wasn't given instructions on using a cane, or she was but she's choosing to ignore them. 

The cane goes in the hand on the opposite side of the injury, and is used for balance. 

If the show hadn't taken away her knee scooter, she'd still be using it. I think she's purposely using her injury, making it seem worse than it was, as part of her game. 

43 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm using a cane because the neuropathy from chemo has affected my (never very good to begin with) balance, so I use both hands. I have noticed I tend to use it in my right hand, probably because I am right-handed. Maybe Jasmine is the same.

• Hugs 5
29 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

If the show hadn't taken away her knee scooter, she'd still be using it. I think she's purposely using her injury, making it seem worse than it was, as part of her game. 

Most definitely. I have seen other houseguests (Turner) comment that she’s milking it as well.

2 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

BUT IT'S HER BIRTHDAY

At least it’s not her daughter’s birthday.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

But even if she is a Have Not, she can have pickles. Maybe someone can put frosting on a pickle and a candle or a slop cake.

Nope! No frosting allowed! Since she has been so detailed about her birthday cake requirements, I would love it if that exact cake were delivered, and everyone else gets to enjoy it while Jasmine gets to eat a big stack of pickles. With pickle frosting.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, mertensia said:

I'm using a cane because the neuropathy from chemo has affected my (never very good to begin with) balance, so I use both hands. I have noticed I tend to use it in my right hand, probably because I am right-handed. Maybe Jasmine is the same.

if you have an injury to a foot or leg, you are supposed to hold the cane on the side opposite to the injury.  Earlier this summer I had compartment syndrome and needs a fasciotomy on my calf. I went from wheel chair to walker to cane. The physical therapist demonstrated why you hold the cane on your good side, and how holding it on your injured side messes up your gait.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

by the confident way she responds to them. It is a clever art.

Wow. Her confidence in herself is a clever art?  I do think they expected her to break with their abuse of her. Good on her that she did not. That’s not subliminal. That is strength of character. And if they can’t handle that, fk’em, she’s already won. Can she win game? Unlikely, but the rest this nonsense? Left all of her haters in that house (mostly out of that house 😀) in the dust. And her chips dust at that.  That they are triggered makes them look like the fools they are. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Turner and Jasmine are “strategizing”. He thinks Monte and Michael need to go on the block. He wonders if people are getting the wrong idea and think they’re working together because they hang out a lot? Jasmine says some people may think that, but not her, because she’s very observant. She knows what’s up. They both agree that Terrance is a great person, very wise, like a dad.

He complimented her on well her foot is healing. She assured him it’s still very bruised and sore.

Turner is going to need a shower after this conversation. Win-win!

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Kyle’s bio lists both his hometown and current city as Bountiful, Utah - the demographics of which Wikipedia lists as follows:

Every time I read this, I have to do a double take because we have a Bountiful in B.C. and it's basically fundie Mormon heaven. Well, it started out that way but I think it's an offshoot now. They're in the news every few years for marrying their own teenage daughters.

Not by her mere existence..... by the confident way she responds to them. It is a clever art. And she has it honed down to a science. It's like if somebody is screaming at you and you keep munching on popcorn and don't react. It triggers more anger. I love it. 

It's like the old customer service trick - just smile while they throw venom at you and then tell them to have a great day with a cheery wave as they're leaving. It only makes them angrier and because I am a very petty person, it only made me happier.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, pennben said:

Wow. Her confidence in herself is a clever art?  I do think they expected her to break with their abuse of her. Good on her that she did not. That’s not subliminal. That is strength of character. And if they can’t handle that, fk’em, she’s already won. Can she win game? Unlikely, but the rest this nonsense? Left all of her haters in that house (mostly out of that house 😀) in the dust. And her chips dust at that.  That they are triggered makes them look like the fools they are. 

Yes using confidence to disarm haters, trolls, and naysayers is a clever art because most people fight back in a very linear way. They go tit for tat, back and forth. Most harassed, abused, and bullied people respond in a way that almost owns the reasons for the abuse. "You are ruining the baseball game, you are a slow runner." "OK I will run faster." A subliminal way of fighting back is to use shtik to disarm: You: "You are so slow...." Me: "My turtle doesn't agree."  Taylor does a variation of that..... Maybe subliminal was the wrong word, maybe clever is a better way to describe it and her style does trigger people, I have seen it in real life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's like the old customer service trick - just smile while they throw venom at you and then tell them to have a great day with a cheery wave as they're leaving. It only makes them angrier and because I am a very petty person, it only made me happier.

Exactly: when they bully, get clever and dead pan them or own the insult. It infuriates the hater. "You are old" "Yes I went to school with Moses." It IS a clever art and Taylor does a variation of that style. She laughs in their faces. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I get it. She's a little smug. 

4 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I feel like the episodes are protecting Kyle by not mentioning an ounce of how he’s afraid of Cookout 2.0, and Terrence for not showing a bit of how much he inexplicably treats Taylor like garbage. 

Oh definitely. They're afraid of the stigma. So many people (a few in my family) don't follow the everyday goings-on of the hgs and have no idea what's really going on. My son was thinking Terrance is a loveable buffoon ("reminds me of dad") until I.set him straight 

4 hours ago, pennben said:

went directly to Michael to propose that Monte go!  And then a panicked Kyle had to rescramble!!  Hahaha!

Like breakfast eggs on a Sunday morning? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

At least it’s not her daughter’s birthday.

Or more importantly, Rockstar's Daughter's Birthday!

By BB standards, it's practically an International Day of Observance.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Turner is in the HoH room addressing the camera. He says he just talked to Alyssa and Jasmine, told them everything they wanted to hear, and hopefully accomplished what he needed to accomplish. And now he’s going to take a shower.

TOLD YOU!

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I get it. She's a little smug. 

No, she is extremely clever. She could outwit a group in any setting. Think Jena Malone in STEPMOM. And yes, it is an art. Julia Roberts elevates it to a skill as she instructs her stepdaughter how to handle mean kids. Julia Roberts calls it "attitude."

I can't explain this technique of disarming any better because it seems to not be understood. it is a way of fighting back in a certain style that always works. I suppose the graphic would be snapping your fingers, shaking your head in a taunt, and then raising your arm in an arc over your head. It is a sarcastic smug way of dealing with bullies. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Love 2

It seems production left a spray bottle of PooPourri for the filthy little beasts to spray in the toilet before they go. Monte is afraid to use it, because he thinks spraying before he goes will cause something to drift upwards and… burn his butt? I don’t know.

These poor people are lost without Nicole to help with their bathroom hygiene.

• LOL 14
7 hours ago, argrow said:

Now that we have confirmation that the wall the is the HOH competition this week, I'm praying that it's one of those first four down are have not, and Jasmine is one of the first ones to fall.

I expect Assmine and Terrance will be duking it out for THAT particular honor.

7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I have a feeling Taylor might be sick of Lays by the time the season is over since Production is encouraging her to eat them.

Lays Classic?  Not a chance.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1