Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

whats-this.gif

Was... was that actually a good ending?

I know I'm behind - I swear, my life always seems to fumble the finale ball as of late - but this ending? Was awesome.

Thank yous to my fellow nutbars for making this another fun thread. I consider you my BB family and I love you all ❤️

And a Nightmare Before Christmas gif? My heart is full.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 1

This was ultimately a Cinderella story. Taylor as Cinderella, Nicole as The Wicked Stepmother, Ameerah, Paloma and Jasmine as The Wicked Stepsisters, Joseph as The Prince and Brittany as the bubbly Fairy Godmother with Michael as (no pun intended) the irascible but kind Fairy Godfather.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, TimWil said:

This was ultimately a Cinderella story. Taylor as Cinderella, Nicole as The Wicked Stepmother, Ameerah, Paloma and Jasmine as The Wicked Stepsisters, Joseph as The Prince and Brittany as the bubbly Fairy Godmother with Michael as (no pun intended) the irascible but kind Fairy Godfather.

Yeah, it really reminded me a lot of Jordan's similar sort of fairy tale ending in BB11, where everything had to go JUST right for us to get here, but it all DID go right in the end! And there was much rejoicing. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, it really reminded me a lot of Jordan's similar sort of fairy tale ending in BB11, where everything had to go JUST right for us to get here, but it all DID go right in the end! And there was much rejoicing. 

Absolutely. It was also the last time I remember seeing the online fanbase this happy about a winner. The only thing is though Jordan was fairly safe most of the season it was just the end game with Jeff and then Michelle both leaving and pulling out that final HOH win.

I still can't believe 13 years later Kevin was going to take Jordan to the final 2 over Natalie. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2022 at 7:07 PM, PhoneCop said:

Oh, I think Kyle will be remembered for beating records as well. A record, anyway. And he'll probably hold it forever, because who would admit to clocking in at nine seconds?

Oh, this is just fucking great; now I’m stuck with the image in my mind of Kyle going “One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi - uh oh….”

On 9/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, PhoneCop said:

Strange not to have @Nashville around at the end of all things, but I'm sure he had fun. Hopefully he still has his hearing.

Sorry to be so late to the party, but detoxing and recovering from Louder Than Life took a couple of days extra.  Congratulations to Taylor, and I’m going to miss hanging out with you guys every day - y’all help keep my brain (and my snark knives) honed sharp.

Guess now I have to start catching up with Survivor on the DVR… sigh….

• Love 8

Well here I go with what I know will be a greatly unpopular opinion. I am glad Taylor won this "game." Not because she is a black woman, but because she was a HG who managed to make it all the way to the end and avoid eviction which is all that is actually necessary to win. Taylor won the show. But years ago this show was recognized for what it is: NPR review

I think to celebrate her win as some cultural achievement is absurd. She did NOTHING to further civil rights, except exist. I may have missed it, but I never heard her in the house discussing Black History and the struggle within a real context. The women who really made change were Elaine Brown, Ericka Huggins, and Claudette Colvin. Is Taylor able to discuss Pierce City, Sundown Towns, Dorothy Counts or the murder of Carole Jenkins? Does she know who Keith Beauchamp is? What has Taylor done that makes her so admirable within a "black woman" context? What has she accomplished within a real political context? How does she represent a real struggle? Why define her by her race when her life is not even lived based on her race. 

I see Taylor as just another winner on Big Brother. I am not going to sit here and be a Stepford Wife and be so happy she won because she is a black woman and helped further "the cause." How is she "the sword?" Every person in this show at some time is a victim. Jen was bullied by Evel Dick. Rachel was also hated. So was Nicole Anthony. Taylor sat in a house for almost 90 days discussing nothing of relevance except game strategy. She is not active in politics. How is she even a role model within any great intellectual context? 

All Taylor managed to do was to avoid evictions which is all it takes to win to get to the end. She overcame no great struggle within real prejudiced hardships in there. I listen on YT to The Real Late Night Crew and he exposes the nonsense of this season. The guy is raw, but his opinion is loaded with valid points. 

Big Brother is a race war now. A gender war? And please do not call me a racist... I support reparations. 

ETA: I am adding this comment from the chat in Shay's LIVE that was posted about BB after Taylor's speech and she won. He certainly makes his opinion clear: chat comment

Edited by LoveLeigh
added content
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

HOW WAS IT???

I know this has nothing to do with Big Brother but I NEED TO KNOW.

Let’s see now - how was it?  Well….

• Finally was able to get the birthday present I’d been promising myself for a couple of months: several laps in a downright FUN pit (Tetrarch).  Some BIG ol’ amped-up boys in there too, but even at 60 I can still hold my own.  Scratch that’un off the bucket list.   😈
  • Saturday was my day; got to see Chevelle, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie and KISS in back-to-back rapid succession.
  • Got to see Paul Stanley zipline about 10 feet over my head during an instrumental break in “Love Gun” - got video of it, even.
  • If you’ve never heard of Apocalyptica, get on YouTube and check them out.
  • Forget “off the hook”; Tenacious D is off the MFing planet.  Got to see Jack Black duet with Amy Lee (lead singer of Evanescence).  That bouncy little troll - Jack, not Amy - knows NO boundaries whatsoever.
  • If my wife ever dies I’m gonna have to have a serious conversation with the lead singer of Spiritbox.  Talk about a voice like an angel born in hell….
  • And I’m already getting tired of typing, so I can’t even begin to get into Plush and Dorothy and Halestorm and Highly Suspect and Ho99o9 and Ministry and Nine Inch Nails and DED and Amigo the Devil and In This Moment and Lamb of God and Shinedown and Slipknot and The Struts and The Pretty Reckless and Alice in Chains… well, you get the idea.

Phew.  
YEEEAAAAHHH!!!  
Whew.

KISS_Paul_wire.thumb.jpg.6c34efc4eda506f345f13f6a4f981e19.jpg

Edited by Nashville
HEY PAUL!!!
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

What about the summer's other dangler—are you Grandpa Nashville now?

“Other dangler” had me looking to the right for a sec.  🤣🤣  No, won’t be Granddaddy until close to Thanksgiving - which seems kinda appropriate, now that I think about it….

• Love 4
On 9/22/2022 at 8:55 AM, LeDucDiableBleu said:

I'm so jealous, that looks super fun. You definitely fit the theme of this BB season with a music festival! Have you chosen your Festie Bestie? ;) 

If by “Festie Bestie” you mean “roomie”, then - yeah.  😁

• Love 1

I would like to respectfully express my opinion on Taylor winning. I think the season was full of production manipulation and there were things that were never fully explained (some not at all).

- We never found out why Paloma truly left. Was it maybe that the producers made her leave so that Taylor was saved from the first eviction?

- Why did the producers inform Nicole and Daniel about what the audience thought about their behavior to Taylor? Aren't Big Brother players supposed to have zero clue of what happens in the outside world?

- Producers informed Taylor that Daniel may have lost his job due to his behavior towards her and also Terrance said that they were trying to make him keep Joseph while they were at Dyre Fest. Why did these two things happen?

- We never found out what happened with the wall yeller at Dyre Fest.

- The producers were hiding Kyle's racist comments and the discussion about them for a long time, then they informed Brittany that these comments should not be allowed which made her talk to Kyle about them saying she doesn't agree with them. Until they informed her, Kyle, Michael and Brittany had no problem with them.

- When Kyle found out that he was being called a racist, he wanted to leave the game. The producers manipulated him into staying and making this a sob story that would make him look better to the audience (while not destroying the season).

- There are hours and whole days of footage with Jasmine, Indy, Alyssa and Terrance talking shit about Taylor, but miraculously they all agree to vote for her. Nobody will change my mind that this was manipulation from the producers. Taylor did nothing extraordinary gamewise since these 4 left the game to make them love her game so much and vote for her, especially next to Monte whose game was clearly better and stronger.

All the above facts make me believe that the season was heavily manipulated by the production who wanted Taylor to win.

This is my opinion based on the knowledge I had for this season, maybe some of this was wrong. I'm not a Taylor hater, I do like her as a person and I'm disgusted by how she was treated in the house, but I don't consider her the true winner of Season 24. In my eyes season 24 was just a season that production had a very big impact on who wins. I know this has happened before.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

We never found out what happened with the wall yeller at Dyre Fest.

1. Wall yellers are a problem.
  2. The LA River runs right beside the BB House set.
  3. Wet or dry, problem solved.
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

No, won’t be Granddaddy until close to Thanksgiving - which seems kinda appropriate, now that I think about it….

Speaking of which, picked this up for the little spud at the festival:

Grandpa_rocks.thumb.jpg.efc4a3621088f87d59fdd14290b47fca.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

Was it maybe that the producers made her leave so that Taylor was saved from the first eviction?

there's no evidence that occurred.  in fact, Paloma's leaving screwed up their Backstage twist, so i seriously doubt they made her leave to save Taylor.  Its very likely that Taylor would have survived the twist and stayed anyway.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I would like to respectfully express my opinion on Taylor winning. I think the season was full of production manipulation and there were things that were never fully explained (some not at all).

- We never found out why Paloma truly left. Was it maybe that the producers made her leave so that Taylor was saved from the first eviction?

- Why did the producers inform Nicole and Daniel about what the audience thought about their behavior to Taylor? Aren't Big Brother players supposed to have zero clue of what happens in the outside world?

- Producers informed Taylor that Daniel may have lost his job due to his behavior towards her and also Terrance said that they were trying to make him keep Joseph while they were at Dyre Fest. Why did these two things happen?

- The producers were hiding Kyle's racist comments and the discussion about them for a long time, then they informed Brittany that these comments should not be allowed which made her talk to Kyle about them saying she doesn't agree with them. Until they informed her, Kyle, Michael and Brittany had no problem with them.

- When Kyle found out that he was being called a racist, he wanted to leave the game. The producers manipulated him into staying and making this a sob story that would make him look better to the audience (while not destroying the season).

- There are hours and whole days of footage with Jasmine, Indy, Alyssa and Terrance talking shit about Taylor, but miraculously they all agree to vote for her. Nobody will change my mind that this was manipulation from the producers. Taylor did nothing extraordinary gamewise since these 4 left the game to make them love her game so much and vote for her, especially next to Monte whose game was clearly better and stronger.

All the above facts make me believe that the season was heavily manipulated by the production who wanted Taylor to win.

This is my opinion based on the knowledge I had for this season, maybe some of this was wrong. I'm not a Taylor hater, I do like her as a person and I'm disgusted by how she was treated in the house, but I don't consider her the true winner of Season 24. In my eyes season 24 was just a season that production had a very big impact on who wins. I know this has happened before.

Houseguests have been warned about behavior before BB15 and BB21 come to mind. Nicole and Dani were both warned about the comments they made about Ian.

Producers also made Tyler stay in BB22. They tell the houseguests they won’t get there stipend. 

Monte had a terrible social game we saw it throughout the season. Big brother is a social game not who wins the most competitions.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

She was undergoing mental health issues, that's why she left and that's why they can't officially tell us reasons further. But we saw on the feeds that she had absolutely lost it, mumbling nonsense and getting two hours of sleep a night, if that. It was NOT safe for her to be in the house from what we saw from week one alone. 

Nicole threatened physical violence toward Taylor, that's why they likely warned her to knock it off. They never told her outright about the audience's perception, but Nicole clued in from production's warnings. 

That's true, and we may never really know, but it didn't seem to impact the game as much as we thought it would. But yes, that is something that is actually 100% on production; it's their fault for not anticipating this VERY REAL possibility to happen when they had Dyrefest take place outside with no precautions put in place. They KNOW they have Wall Yellers. They show up at least once a season, maybe once every couple of seasons.

We don't really know for sure what went down here, only speculation based off of what Brittany/Michael were discussing. It's possible production tipped them off and changed their course, or it's possible the two had the comments bugging them since they were said. But, again, we know production's shitty when it comes to DR manipulation. An innocent question on their end can lead houseguests to spiral and speculate. Production interference is far from new, and it won't ever go away, unfortunately. At least this isn't the worst case of interference we've had.

Again, production HATES when houseguest are on the verge of leaving. Unless it's a safety issue (as with Paloma, or BB19's Megan), they will do everything in their power to keep them in the house. See how they kept BB20's Sam in the house, despite her trying to quit many, many times. Hell, on CBB1, Metta literally booked it from the house and security had to chase him down and get him back.

It's more that production is MORE concerned with staying on schedule than doing what's best for the houseguest unless it's an extreme case scenario.

Terrance, I'll give you that, even Indy, but Jasmine/Alyssa had very nice conversations with Taylor near the end of their time in the house. Couple that with Michael/Joseph's insane pitching FOR Taylor (they ARE lawyers who know how to argue, after all), it's POSSIBLE. 

Either way, Taylor won, regardless of the circumstances. Even IF it was production interference, it's probably the more mild case of it. Remember, Jackson from BB21 was cast while he was on drugs, he had to go through withdrawal in the house and production was so lenient, they allowed him to basically not be a Have Not while he was a Have Not. He should have gotten a punishment or booted from the game, but they didn't say a word to him, allowing him to get far and win the game. That is directly on production. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Paloma or Alyssa might have gone home first in week 1, as Brittany would have been saved by America’s vote.

Also, this. People keep saying Taylor was 100% gone first week had Paloma not left, but we KNOW it was ALWAYS going to be a comp to stay in the house. Julie had stated that Backstage wouldn't be safe on eviction night, and the people on the block come eviction night wouldn't necessarily be gone.

Taylor was never being voted out week 1; she was always being voted IN TO the Face Off comp that we saw them compete in after the week's eviction/twist was cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, apparently Kyle tried to self-evict from jury lol.

Can that ridiculous manchild last longer than ten seconds at anything?

If I'm Taylor and I'm being approached by Amazing Race's people, I'd be trying to jettison Joseph and get cast with Michael instead. "Don't worry, Mikey—if there's a Roadblock or Detour involving untangling ropes, I'll take that one."

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I wish fans would stop monitoring who Taylor follows on IG and then sending her compilation clips of said HG she follows talking shit about her. It's relentless. Let her follow who she wants to follow. Yesterday BB Twitter had a meltdown when she followed Kyle and they quickly bombarded her with clips of Kyle saying mean stuff. Get a life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Many of the HG's are staying at Todrick's (Michael, Brittany, Terrance, Kyle and Alyssa went home, but the rest are still there) and he's been ordered to pay over 100k in back rent.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/30/big-brother-todrick-hall-unpaid-rent-lawsuit-ordered-pay/?adid=social-twa

So, it’s possible Taylor might get evicted from a house?  Just not the Big Brother house??!!😂😂😂

• LOL 9
11 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

It would be funny if Taylor was on The Amazing Race since they originally approached her to be on that show and she asked to be on Big Brother. 

Love Island also wanted her and Joseph on the last season. They thought Joseph was a fuck boy lol. I am SO glad that didn't happen. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Love Island also wanted her and Joseph on the last season. They thought Joseph was a fuck boy lol. I am SO glad that didn't happen. 

It wasn't even Love Island, it was FBoy Island. Similar names, but different shows.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am glad Taylor won. Her win made many people happy. However, I just don't get all this "Taylor love" in terms of "representing." What did she actually DO except manage to get to the end and not be sent home? Like it or not, she was carried over the threshold by Monte. How is Taylor a role model? All she did was exist for 90 days and avoid evictions. How is that an achievement so admirable? Her win has become a celebration that to me is absurd in any context.  I think Taylor grew to be as obnoxious as Evel Dick and Rachel. And Taylor is worse now, outside of the house. She is acting like she actually did something of historical importance. I think this show has become ridiculous. 

• Applause 2
17 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Many of the HG's are staying at Todrick's (Michael, Brittany, Terrance, Kyle and Alyssa went home, but the rest are still there) and he's been ordered to pay over 100k in back rent.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/30/big-brother-todrick-hall-unpaid-rent-lawsuit-ordered-pay/?adid=social-twa

It's so much more confusing than it seems. I found this on r/RPDRDRAMA sub (RuPaul's Drag Race Drama, because the main sub sucks balls):
Dfvh1BW.png

Now that the drag world has turned its back on Todrick (for the main part), Big Brother is all he has. He might be hitting Taylor up for a loan soon.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Now that the drag world has turned its back on Todrick (for the main part), Big Brother is all he has.

Oh, they turned his back on him?  I didn't know about this.  Can't say as how I blame them.  When I saw Todrick on Celebrity Big Brother, I had only known him from American Idol (although I had to be reminded about that since I had forgotten about him).  I didn't know he had a whole other career.  Then, on CBB, he brought Chris Kirkpatrick's child into an argument with Chris on the show.  You can't go much lower than that.  I crossed him off my list for good.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Oh, they turned his back on him?  I didn't know about this.  Can't say as how I blame them. 

I should have been more specific: the Drag Race world has dropped Todrick, I don't know about the larger drag world but he seems very... unconnected from it? If he ever was connected to it? There are a few queens that try to stick up for him publicly but they are few and far between. I don't know if he got dropped from Drag Race for personal reasons or contract reasons but he just kinda disappeared back around 2019. I think he just burned too many bridges and was too much of an asshole.

• Love 1

I am never not going to find it funny that some are saying that Taylor’s win means nothing because she’s not a civil rights hero??!!  Nor am I going to do anything but laugh at those who diminish us as looking for heros for loving her win.  So dumb.  
She  was bullied all season, remained kind & made it through to the end. That’s a story that will always win, but mostly doesn’t on this show. Simple as that. If her win makes others chafe, all the better!!

let’s go Taylor. What an underdog come from behind story!!

Edited by pennben
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
On 10/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Half the men on FBoy Island are "Nice guys" and Joseph could have easily been one.

57 minutes ago, pennben said:

I am never not going to find it funny that some are saying that Taylor’s win means nothing because she’s not a civil rights hero??!!  Nor am I going to do anything but laugh at those who diminish us as looking for heros for loving her win.  So dumb.  
She  was bullied all season, remained kind & made it through to the end. That’s a story that will always win, but mostly doesn’t on this show. Simple as that. If her win makes others chafe, all the better!!

let’s go Taylor. What an underdog come from behind story!!

I agree. Representation doesn't only come in the form of being a civil rights professor or civil rights leader. Representation is people like Taylor existing. Existing in the public eye. And she did more than that: she persevered, she was gracious, she was poised, she survived, she turned the other cheek, she was humane, she was fun, glamourous, beautiful, kind, smart, clever. And she won.

If you're not seeing how she's great representation, you're not looking.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12

So - as part of her closing remarks at the end of the finale, Julie simply said “we’ll be back next summer for our 25th season.”  Does that mean no intervening CBB season this this time around?

I was wondering about CBB too. I'll be bummed if we don't have one. Also, I've seen that Taylor and Joseph have been inseparable and traveling around and doing interviews and going to Disneyland etc. But I'm wondering, doesn't Joseph have a job he needs to get back to?

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, LeDucDiableBleu said:

But I'm wondering, doesn't Joseph have a job he needs to get back to?

He has his law degree, but I read he was only working an externship before going on BB. Which would mean that no, he doesn’t really have a job. I guess his current job is Real Life FBoy, just without the island. 😉

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

externship

I had to look this up; now I've learned something new today!  Thank you.

PS:  I'm not saying I'll remember tomorrow though.  heh

Her ego is out of control.  She won Big Brother.  It's not like winning Top Chef, Project Runway, American Idol, The Voice - where actual talent and skill are required.

Her fans have become insufferable with their fan wars and bullying and taunting.  The show is over.  People have moved on with their lives.

LOL if Jaylor are on The Amazing Race.  Between the 2 of them, they barely won 2 comps on BB. 

Edited by twilightzone
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Her ego is out of control.  She won Big Brother.  It's not like winning Top Chef, Project Runway, American Idol, The Voice - where actual talent and skill are required.

Her fans have become insufferable with their fan wars and bullying and taunting.  The show is over.  People have moved on with their lives.

LOL if Jaylor are on The Amazing Race.  Between the 2 of them, they barely won 2 comps on BB. 

I have no idea how her ego is out of control. Taran always does Deep Dives with the winners of Big Brother unless they say no like X. He did Deep Dives with like half the cast last year. 

She is acting like any popular houseguest does after the show. I'll never forget Diane and Drew issuing a statement that they broke up a few weeks after the finale and no one cared. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 2
  • Love 6