Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Monte wanted Kyle to go home before the Cookout 2.0 reveal due to blowing up the leftovers. I really doubt after the last 24 hours he wants Kyle to stay.

He also wants Taylor in the game because he sees her as a number. He already started planting seeds about Michael to Taylor last week. 

If Brittany was on the block next to Kyle maybe Monte would keep Kyle since he isn't that close to her.

Yes, and if Brittany was out, then Michael would be on an island alone with no one else playing for HOH/POV to help save him should he wind up on the block again.

Monte also really doesn't trust Terrance - he didn't phrase it this way, but he essentially told Turner that a Terrance HOH would be a powder keg and could go any which way.  

I'm not thrilled with the idea that Monte is thinking he might throw HOH - or even let Michael win it this week.  I really hope Michael gets eliminated fast/ahead of Monte on Thursday's HOH, so he feels compelled to go for it.

Listened to the Brittany/Alyssa convo in the workout room - I'm getting very cool vibes from Alyssa toward Brittany.  How does Brittany not pick up on the "I'm breaking up with you" energy radiating from Alyssa?  It's not just Kyle this week, lol.  100% Alyssa would target Michael & Brittany.  I'd be down with an Alyssa HOH next week, lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

So last season we had the Cookout. The season Taylor and Terrance said they wouldn’t put up a black woman or something like that? Kyle was worried there might be a Cookout 2.0 and proposed a counter alliance and that makes him a racist? And Michael and Brittany are worse for not saying something sooner?

So it’s cool if there’s an all-POC alliance but suggesting the non-POC not repay the mistakes of last season’s houseguests and band together makes anyone who doesn’t immediately report it to the POC houseguests evil and racist? Is that what is going on?

This has been talked about over and over again. It needs to be dropped from the rotating topics of conversation.

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 7

Meh. Taking a shot at Michael is just common sense at this point. Taylor won't though. So now Michael has slightly more insurance going into next week and eliminated Kyle who was a strong veto player.

Yeah I don't think Terrance blew their game up I think Michael just finally decided he's riding the comp rails, not sure why only just now he realized it's his only option for survival but everyone (except Brittany/Taylor) should want to take him out. 

I think Taylor and Brittany's end games have always been 2nd place, with the outside chance they stand next to someone less popular or someone who has done even less than either of them game wise: Alyssa and Terrance maybe and definitely each other, if you know you can't win the next best thing is to lose to someone you don't hate and I think for Taylor that's going to yet and still be Monty/Michael/Brittany. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

So last season we had the Cookout. The season Taylor and Terrance said they wouldn’t put up a black woman or something like that? Kyle was worried there might be a Cookout 2.0 and proposed a counter alliance and that makes him a racist? And Michael and Brittany are worse for not saying something sooner?

So it’s cool if there’s an all-POC alliance but suggesting the non-POC not repay the mistakes of last season’s houseguests and band together makes anyone who doesn’t immediately report it to the POC houseguests evil and racist? Is that what is going on?

Ok the thing is ... the reason what Kyle said was shitty was that it was obvious this wasn't what was happening.

Turner HoH - Taylor and Monte (who are black) blindside Ameerah (who is black)

Monte HoH - he puts up Daniel (a POC) and Nicole (a POC)

Taylor HoH - puts up Terrance (a POC) and Indy (a POC)

Michael HoH - Taylor pushes hard for Jasmine (a POC) to be evicted

His assumptions have no basis if anyone's paying attention to who is getting evicted.

Plus he used offensive code words like "loud personalities" and "bullies" and referred to an all-white alliance as "the silent majority."

And I say this as someone that could not STAND the Cookout and am laughing my ass off that they are no longer on good terms with each other post game.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

What happened there?  I know that they all had falling-outs with their plus-ones, too (save for Azah with Britini), but not with each other!

They had a huge blowout on the Challenge. X sold out Tiffany, Alyssa and Kyland sold out X, X got eliminated and gave an interview where he said he's just "colleagues" with the rest of the Cookout.

Alyssa and Kyland made it seem like they've been pretending to be friends with X for a year just to sell him out on the Challenge.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

When I go to ignore someone, it offers boxes to tick for posts, messages, and mentions, and I assume mentions means quotes that have the person's name still showing?  

I have that checked, but thanks for indulging my whining! 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Kyle is under the orange blanket. 

I guess Brittany wants to work with Alyssa because she thinks she can beat Alyssa in a final 2. Alyssa has been over Brittany since Friday. 

To paraphrase Rachel Green "when was she ever under her?"  Alyssa has never been tight with Brittany (or Taylor, for that matter).  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

To paraphrase Rachel Green "when was she ever under her?"  Alyssa has never been tight with Brittany (or Taylor, for that matter).  

Yeah which is why it's so weird since Brittany has been nominated she has been so focused on working with Alyssa. 

Just when I thought I was out…I guess, yay for graciousness for Kyle, asshole exposed, but where was that last week for Joseph on his way out, or for Taylor this week when Alyssa decided to lie to her about Joseph solely to make Taylor cry, or hell, where was it when Taylor was isolated for weeks?  Don’t even get me started on the foulness that is Terrance. 
im not talking game here, I’m talking basic levels of human decency. Why is Kyle the biggest recipient of graciousness from the rest?? He’s shown he’s gonna trash them every chance he gets!  Whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

It was Ross Geller who said that, not Rachel Green.

But I think that Brittany really does want to win, after all, and believes that Alyssa's her best shot, as she'd probably get fewer votes than she would.

Oh, that's right, lol.  Haven't seen that episode in awhile.

Sometimes Brittany's reads on the house are as bad as Terrance's.  Well, maybe not quite that bad, but she really doesn't see how little inroads she's made with some of the other HGs.  And, TBH, I'm not sure she'd beat Alyssa.  Indy, Jasmine, Kyle and Terrance are all certain votes for Alyssa - all she needs is one more.  If she can make the biggest game move in getting out Michael, that could sway any one of Joseph, Monte and Turner in her favor.

1 minute ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, that's right, lol.  Haven't seen that episode in awhile.

Sometimes Brittany's reads on the house are as bad as Terrance's.  Well, maybe not quite that bad, but she really doesn't see how little inroads she's made with some of the other HGs.  And, TBH, I'm not sure she'd beat Alyssa.  Indy, Jasmine, Kyle and Terrance are all certain votes for Alyssa - all she needs is one more.  If she can make the biggest game move in getting out Michael, that could sway any one of Joseph, Monte and Turner in her favor.

Jasmine was mad at Alyssa in her exit interviews, but she was also mad at Brittany.

16 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

So they're talking about how Daniel always was demanding "morning hugs" from Alyssa and it weirded them out. Daniel is that guy.

Ugh and he slept in her bed while she was a have not.

• Mind Blown 3

These HGs are destroying my heart.  They're having a discussion about which you would choose, if given only one - music pre-2000 or music 2000-onward.  Turner & Michael are dead to me.  They actually chose 2000-onward.  WTF.  Monte at least had enough sense to point out just how much music they'd be eliminating with that choice.  Taylor was torn because she loves Janet Jackson and so much of her catalogue is from pre-2000.  And then, the question becomes, how far back would your cut-off be?  1990?  Monte, again, at least has the sense to say "what about classic rock?"  Me, I'm sitting here going "uhm, what about classical music in general?"  Not that I listen to classical music on a routine basis, but...  Really...  At least say 1900 so that you can get the roots of jazz, everything Broadway, some classical (Copland, Gershwin, Stravinsky, etc), all things rock & roll, country, and movie soundtracks.  These people need to expand their musical horizons.  

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Honestly, I can't sweat them too much for their taste in music. They're mostly young and mostly dumb—essentially everything they'd know "firsthand" is from this century, not before. If I hadn't gone out of my way to take a music appreciation course in college, I might not be that much different. My frame of reference would just be larger because: old.

Has Terrance ever talked about what kind of stuff he spins? I'm guessing it's largely current stuff, but he's certainly old enough to remember Chicago house, old-school electro, freestyle, even disco.

• Love 1

After yesterday, today has been such a lackluster feeds day. Is it going to be like this till Thursday? I know this week’s outcome is set but surely they can find something entertaining for us. Put on a show for us, hamsters and not the kind Indy did or even Jasmine, but there’s some professional talents in the house. I know it usually gets boring when there’s fewer guests. 

16 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Honestly, I can't sweat them too much for their taste in music. They're mostly young and mostly dumb—essentially everything they'd know "firsthand" is from this century, not before. If I hadn't gone out of my way to take a music appreciation course in college, I might not be that much different. My frame of reference would just be larger because: old.

Has Terrance ever talked about what kind of stuff he spins? I'm guessing it's largely current stuff, but he's certainly old enough to remember Chicago house, old-school electro, freestyle, even disco.

LOL.  I can and will judge them being the granddaughter of a music teacher.  And a figure skating fan.  

I haven't listened much to Terrance to know what he spins, but I cannot imagine, seeing as he is my age (nearly a half century on this earth), that he's not familiar with at least Motown and forward.  I'd like to believe he's also somewhat appreciative of American music history from ragtime/Scott Joplin on since that's pretty much the underpinning of every single popular music genre you can hear on the radio today in this country.  Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, lol.

5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

After yesterday, today has been such a lackluster feeds day. Is it going to be like this till Thursday? I know this week’s outcome is set but surely they can find something entertaining for us. Put on a show for us, hamsters and not the kind Indy did or even Jasmine, but there’s some professional talents in the house. I know it usually gets boring when there’s fewer guests. 

It's been a slow feeds day, and Button Boy has been too annoying for words, so we've missed a lot of what would have been very enlightening conversations, I'm sure, but what we have seen has definitely had it's AHA moments that have helped us piece together just what the heck happened last night as well as where the various hamsters stand now that they've had a chance to sleep on it and let things settle.

Edited by HighQueenEB
5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I mean I can't blame them. Sunday was one of the most chaotic days in BB history (not an exaggeration). The dust has settled and everyone just wants to chill till Kyle is evicted on Thursday.

• Like 4

Ok I’ve said how much this bothers me, but I hate the use of KKKyle. It’s disrespectful to American history. The KKK weren’t just your garden variety clueless racists the way Kyle is. These are people that were armed and terrorized and killed people with impunity. 

im glad Kyle got exposed. I’m glad he’s getting evicted. But the flippant use of the KKK hashtag bothers me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4

Very little game talk tonight. Turner shared with M/B/Taylor Terrance’s proposal to keep Kyle around for some sensitivity training. He just wanted them all to know that this wasn’t his idea, in case they heard about it. Brittany said she was also approached. Michael and Taylor were not.

Turner then apologized for breaking away from the group. He was so confused! First Kyle threw him under the bus, then Joseph betrayed him, too! He didn’t know what to do! But he’s fully back on board, if they will have him. Everyone says of course. Michael: Let’s reheat the Leftovers! They talk about getting back on track with the evictions, next up Alyssa and Terrance.

This is followed by a lot of non game talk, about pets, movies, and their childhood personalities. Alyssa eventually joins them, after a brief detour to check on Kyle in the bathroom. She gives him advice on how to get through a panic attack, which he was apparently suffering through earlier. But he says he feels much better now. I’m so glad.

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Heh. Skippy was having fun with this one:

10 seconds of watching that, and I was waiting for them to start scrolling the number to call in faith offerings.

43 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I haven't listened much to Terrance to know what he spins, but I cannot imagine, seeing as he is my age (nearly a half century on this earth), that he's not familiar with at least Motown and forward.  I'd like to believe he's also somewhat appreciative of American music history from ragtime/Scott Joplin on since that's pretty much the underpinning of every single popular music genre you can hear on the radio today in this country.  Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, lol.

Terrance is 47, which means he was born circa 1975 - which, to provide a frame of reference, also means he was about 9 when Prince put out Purple Rain.  You say “classic Motown” to Terrance, even odds he’s likely to come back with “Michael Jackson”.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

As a bonus, Michael and Brittany's position has gotten worse.  Turner, Terrance, Alyssa, Monte, and, yes, even Taylor have all agreed that they're the next targets if one of them wins the next HoH Competition.  Terrance's callout pretty much blew up Michael and Brittany's spots.

And that was the right thing to do. Michael didn't need to use this petty "strategy" to advance his game. He should have known that his million wins would make him target #1 and planned his strategy before all this disaster. There were other moves like, actually talking game to people and socializing with them in order to take them to his side. I like Michael but I don't respect his move and if he happens to win, I won't consider him a worthy winner.

• Love 2

Meanwhile, Terrance is giving a Ted talk on race relations to audience of one, Kyle. He explains the reason the Cookout formed, talks about light skin/ dark skin bias within the Black community, growing up with racism, and probably a bunch of other stuff I missed. He invites Kyle to ask him any questions and to keep learning and looking past his own experience. He talks about how he had to put aside his own anger, because change can’t happen unless people are willing to reach out and communicate, and try to understand one another. 

I appreciate what Terrance is trying to do here, even though I’m not sure Kyle deserves his generosity. For his part, Kyle seems receptive and grateful. He says this is the most kindness anyone has ever shown him. Maybe this will have an impact, and if so, good for Terrance. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, SummerDreams said:

And that was the right thing to do. Michael didn't need to use this petty "strategy" to advance his game. He should have known that his million wins would make him target #1 and planned his strategy before all this disaster. There were other moves like, actually talking game to people and socializing with them in order to take them to his side. I like Michael but I don't respect his move and if he happens to win, I won't consider him a worthy winner.

I think if he wins he will actually be considered a B level winner. Not up there with Dan or Derrick or Will but in the next tier with Andy, Hayden, Maggie, Jun. 

Kyle goes out to the back yard and tells everyone he would like to talk to them tomorrow, if they’re willing. They are. He’s wiped from his talk with Terrance, which he says was amazing. 

Meanwhile, Alyssa is unburdening herself to Turner in the HoH room. She has having trouble coming to terms with everything. Kyle enters and she puts that aside and forces a smile. He starts telling them about his talk with Terrance, who is by the way the best man he’s ever known. 

Forget going back to the Mormon church, I think Kyle has found a new prophet in Terrance.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

All I remember about Terrance being a DJ is that he’s a karaoke DJ…. So he probably plays a lot of the most popular karaoke 🎤 songs over and over again.

or does he also do actual DJ’ing at a club?

Alyssa and Turner were talking in the HOH room and she said something like "do you see a world where Kyle stays" and he responded that it was up to Monte. She was saying how getting rid of Taylor would be one less number for the other side. She also said that she and Kyle didn't break up but that she told him she needed space. Then they spent about 10 minutes trashing the LO and how socially awkward they are. It just gave me a bad feeling like the popular kids in high school making fun of the nerds.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

Back to Turner and Alyssa, alone in the HoH room.

Alyssa is going to break up with Kyle, which is stressing her out. She’s not sure she wants him to leave, though. She thinks having him there is better for her and Turner’s game, because he would never turn on them. She wants Michael and Brittany out, because Brittany stresses her out.

Turner is stressed out from having to choose his words so carefully when speaking to Michael and Brittany. Talking to them earlier was freaking him out, because they weren’t giving straight answers to his questions and it was so chaotic. He can’t deal. (But he can straddle both sides of the fence with ease, apparently.)

As for voting out Kyle, Turner says if Alyssa and Terrance want to keep him, it’s up to Monte. But he doesn’t think Monte will be receptive. DON’T BE RECEPTIVE, MONTE.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I just don't understand how when someone gives Alyssa damning info on Kyle, she shoots the messenger and views them as the enemy, instead of being upset with Kyle's actual behavior. She did it with Joseph too. I don't know if that's a coping mechanism for her bad choices but it doesn't seem healthy.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

To their credit, Brittany and Taylor are not buying the certainty of Kyle leaving. Taylor says the others would be foolish not to try to sway Monte. She’s going to talk to him tomorrow.

Alyssa enters their conversation. I guess she needs a little more Brittany stress.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As for voting out Kyle, Turner says if Alyssa and Terrance want to keep him, it’s up to Monte. But he doesn’t think Monte will be receptive. DON’T BE RECEPTIVE, MONTE.

There is ZERO chance that Monte will be receptive.  Kyle has done far too much damage to the trust Monte had in him as both part of the Pound and the LOs.  Plus, he's in a slightly better position with Michael/Brittany going forward than Turner, who done screwed his game by going all in with the After Party.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1