Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t know how Monte and Taylor can be so friendly with Kyle. I’d be like Alyssa and Turner, just straight up pretending he doesn’t exist lol. His two closest friends just flat out ignoring him is cracking me up.

Even yesterday morning, when the feeds came back up, Taylor seemed rather "it is what it is" regarding the Kyle information when she and Brittany were talking in the bathroom.  Taylor has dealt with much more vile, overt racists being in the public eye as a major pageant title winner and she said as much to Brittany.  

I sort of have the impression, from both of them (and Terrance for that matter), that they aren't willing to allow themselves to be angry over Kyle - that's a waste of breath and energy for them.  Maybe they'll speak more on the topic when they're out of the house at the end of the season and shed a bit more light on why they've taken the approach they have to Kyle in the aftermath.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t know how Monte and Taylor can be so friendly with Kyle. I’d be like Alyssa and Turner, just straight up pretending he doesn’t exist lol. His two closest friends just flat out ignoring him is cracking me up.

I suspect Monte and Taylor are the least surprised about Kyle’s hidden side— they deal with that shit every day and life has probably conditioned them to suspect it. Responding with equanimity is also a talent I’m sure they’ve honed over time, because the alternative would just be too stressful. It doesn’t mean they’re not hurt or disappointed.

(Edited to add: Or what HighQueen said.)

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Sad 1
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, Monte has been pushing to get Kyle out.  He was working it with Turner and Terrance.  He plays a very subtle game.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Kyle really has a lot of thinking and growing up to do.  Just how popular does he think TikTok videos of him will be when he is 40 and still living in mom’s basement?

This keeps appearing when people talk about Kyle (elsewhere, sometimes here, it just happened to be your post that caught my eye). There's this weird infantilizing of Kyle happening. The guy is not only almost 30 but lived through the BLM movement recently and is verified on Twitter. He's not a child and while I understand that this religious upbringing may have sheltered him a little, it really doesn't give him much excuse. I know he looks younger than he is and he acts younger than he is but I don't want this to be missed in all of the discourse: he's 29 fucking years old. He should be plenty grown by now.

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I agree, I feel like Michael is simply Machiavellian. He's not a bad person, but he can and will take what you said and use it against you. Kyle got outplayed by Michael.

I don't agree about Michael but I will never miss an opportunity to post this:
tumblr_mdbdesAWie1qedt22o1_500.gif

• Love 13

Terrance is concerned about ramifications when "he" leaves. Will that change anything in "his" mind? Would it be better to give "him" opportunity to change and grow? The thing is Taylor is up against "him." What puzzles Terrance is that Michael took down Brittany instead of Taylor. Monte says Brittany has never been on the block eviction night. Terrance wonders if there is a chance to change the narrative. Monte says what about the trust component. 

I'm pretty sure "he" and "him" mean Kyle.

Monte and Terrance say it's actions that matter, not words. "I'm deaf," Terrance says he tells his children. Terrance made a reference to Monte seeing a therapist? Maybe one on staff? Monte adds Kyle is also a strong competitor. May need him to go against Michael in a veto. They've never faced off in a veto.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

Darn Button Boy just cut off a really interesting conversation between Monte & Terrance regarding possibly saving Kyle - initiated by Terrance, of course - but still really interesting discussion.  And feeds came back.

Well, that didn't take long.  I think the chance to take out Taylor is going to be too strong to resist, while leaving Kyle in as a main target of Michael/Brittany.  Oh, well, we almost had nice things.

And Kyle/Alyssa are back to being shmoopy, so that sucks. 

Monte says if this was the real world, he wouldn't exile "him," he'd bring "him" closer. Then he laughs a little and says, it's not like there's a real negative consequence. He's not going to jail!"

Camera switches to Alyssa teasing Kyle about being a boy scout.

• Love 1

I guess Kyle had some reaction at the veto meeting. He was expecting to be bashed and isolated, but instead there was forgiveness. Terrance says before "he" leaves they all should rally round and let him understand the perspective. Kyle said at POV that his thoughts were "rooted in race."

Kyle says what if I go home and you (Alyssa) win HOH that day? It would be like a letter from me, a poem for you.

This conversation is getting gaggy. Time to mute. Never mind - 

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I guess Kyle had some reaction at the veto meeting. He was expecting to be bashed and isolated, but instead there was forgiveness. Terrance says before "he" leaves they all should rally round and let him understand the perspective. Kyle said at POV that his thoughts were "rooted in race."

Jesus. They're going to give us a Very Special Episode edit complete with the tinkly music of forgiveness.

The thing is: it's the Black HGs - just going by who is still in the house, the jurors are still unaware - who can forgive Kyle for his comments so it's not my place as a white woman not in the game to get mad at them for it. But at the same time, Terrance and Monte have shown so much misogyny that immediately turning the target back to Taylor makes sense. It also makes sense to keep Kyle as the bigger target and his win record is on par with Taylor's and Kyle is more likely to "bro down" with the menses versus Taylor and the wimminz. I hate it here.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

I think Monte is just humoring Terrance and talking him away from saving Kyle.  In no way shape or form does he want another strong competitor like Kyle around after this week.  His comments to Terrance (what we saw), were very much "Kyle needs to have consequences for that, and he needs to show growth after he's out of the house, it's a good start that he acknowledged those comments/suggestions were rooted in racism, but not enough."  He managed to get Terrance to come around to that POV by the end of their conversation too.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Jesus. They're going to give us a Very Special Episode edit complete with the tinkly music of forgiveness.

Sounds like it, for sure.  But, I still think the HGs are gonna vote Kyle's ass out on Thursday.  Monte knows there's no reason to trust Kyle as far as he can throw him - and he said as much to Terrance.  Now, Terrance, OTOH, is just a dumb fool who wants to cling to the most recent person to offer him game info/a solid alliance.  Kyle has replaced Nicole, then Daniel, in Terrance's allegiances, which makes sense - he rolls with the oldest alliance he's got in the house, first and foremost, whereas Kyle's demonstrated, time and again, he's happy to dispose of you when you're no longer useful to him.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6

Monte, Brittany, and Michael were going to talk about Kyle, when suddenly all cameras switched to Kyle lying down with his nubby orange security blanket, Alyssa lying next to him. 

• Sad 1

I don’t think Alyssa is doing anything but showing pity for the guy she thought she was in love with 48 hours ago. It’s a sad scene, or it would be if I had any fucks to give about Kyle. I 100% believe he is going Thursday.

• Love 5

One thing that puzzles me, though— every article I read about this says Kyle’s comments were only shown on live feeds but not the broadcast. Am I delusional?   Because I remember them showing that conversation with Michael where Kyle referenced the Cookout. 

They showed it after the fact, out of context and out of sequence. And I don't think they showed the whole thing either.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Turner was so very pleased and satisfied with his HOH week.  He was about to create a new big dog alliance (most votes) and he was gonna have his boy, Kyle, as shield.  Terrance, too. 

KAPLOOEY!

Never forget how he did not instantly proclaim he was gonna put up the racist.  He soooo wanted the scenario he had hatched to come to full fruition.  When he correctly read the room, he became a zealot in eliminating Kyle.   

If am a remaining LO not named Brittany, I am all about keeping Taylor in the game.  She would probably be a loyal vote and she would be easy to pick off in an F4 or F3.  I think maybe Monte has figured that out.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

If am a remaining LO not named Brittany, I am all about keeping Taylor in the game.  She would probably be a loyal vote and she would be easy to pick off in an F4 or F3.  I think maybe Monte has figured that out.

Or, better yet, to sit next to at F2.  I'd be shocked if Michael hasn't also figured that out.  

Turner wants her gone, which is fair - she's told him she wants him out too and, besides, he'd probably rather have Alyssa or Terrance sitting next to him at F2.

57 minutes ago, blixie said:

Monty appears to be considering keeping Kyle. JFC.  The entire house that isn't Taylor is misted by this asshole.

It's not going to happen.  He's just trying to keep Terrance, who doesn't like Taylor, in check.  There's always gonna be b.s. chatter with every eviction, but every eviction this season has gone on as planned. 

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Turner was so very pleased and satisfied with his HOH week.  He was about to create a new big dog alliance (most votes) and he was gonna have his boy, Kyle, as shield.  Terrance, too. 

KAPLOOEY!

Before the veto comp I remember him with Kyle and Monte in the HoH room saying they were all going to steamroll to the end once challenge beast Michael was eliminated. Oops.

• LOL 3

Terrance is doing a cam talk from his bed - he's a lot more affected by this situation than he's let on in the feeds we've seen so far.  He said that it's just sucked all the fun out of the summer.  He's now talking about his youth growing up on the south side of Chicago and routes they'd take to get to different places to avoid situations, not going anywhere by yourself, etc.  I'm not familiar with the streets he's naming, but I think we can all understand what he's meaning - there are parts where you just know not to go because of your skin color, ethnicity, etc.  I feel badly for him.  Yes, I come at this from the relatively privileged POV of a similarly-aged white woman (albeit, my family clawed to remain middle class), but there were some parts of my small, Central Valley town that you just didn't walk down those streets because of gangbangers - it's sad, and hard, to think about what he must have gone through every single day of his youth.  

I don't think he's going to vote to keep Kyle, when it really gets down to it on Thursday, even if, from a game POV, it might seem smarter to keep an obvious shield like him around over Taylor.  I just don't think he will be able to let himself do that, because of how his life has been shaped by the elephant in the room that is racism.

• Sad 3
  • Love 4

Kyle tells Alyssa he is excited to see the Jury House.  He's looking forward to his own room.

The irony - after double crossing Joseph, Kyle will be following him into Jury.  #Karma

It'll be interesting what he says when he faces Joseph, Jasmine, Indy.  The truth will come out eventually.

Yeah, I don't think Terrance will go rogue with the voting.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

KAPLOOEY!

Never forget how he did not instantly proclaim he was gonna put up the racist.  He soooo wanted the scenario he had hatched to come to full fruition.  When he correctly read the room, he became a zealot in eliminating Kyle.   

Brittany probably loses to Taylor, but at least Taylor will be loyal to her. I still don't really understand Brittany's end game plans or her obsession working with Alyssa who doesn't like Brittany. 

29 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Terrance is doing a cam talk from his bed - he's a lot more affected by this situation than he's let on in the feeds we've seen so far.  He said that it's just sucked all the fun out of the summer.  He's now talking about his youth growing up on the south side of Chicago and routes they'd take to get to different places to avoid situations, not going anywhere by yourself, etc.  I'm not familiar with the streets he's naming, but I think we can all understand what he's meaning - there are parts where you just know not to go because of your skin color, ethnicity, etc.  I feel badly for him.  Yes, I come at this from the relatively privileged POV of a similarly-aged white woman (albeit, my family clawed to remain middle class), but there were some parts of my small, Central Valley town that you just didn't walk down those streets because of gangbangers - it's sad, and hard, to think about what he must have gone through every single day of his youth.  

If you're meaning the Central Valley of CA every place seems to have that no matter how it might seem. Every other week some small town is mentioned as having had a gang murder or major drug bust, sometimes they go hand in hand, places I would never have imagined when I first moved to the area.

7 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If you're meaning the Central Valley of CA every place seems to have that no matter how it might seem. Every other week some small town is mentioned as having had a gang murder or major drug bust, sometimes they go hand in hand, places I would never have imagined when I first moved to the area.

Well, 35 years ago when I was a teenager in, yes, the Central Valley of CA, we didn't have gang murders or major drug busts once a month let alone every other week, but we were close enough to the Bay Area and Stockton that the gangbangers were starting to move in and there were definitely "unsafe" areas - but nothing on the level that exists today and certainly nothing like Chicago's South Side where Terrance grew up.

Edited by HighQueenEB
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I'm placing bets that Alyssa evicts Kyle on Thursday. She seems pretty over him.

I have to wonder if Kyle inadvertently partially blew up Alyssa's game - or she perceives it that way - because he brought her in to an informal F4 with Michael/Brittany around the same time as he was proposing his whites-only alliance.  I really wish we'd been able to see the house meeting on the feeds - but that could explain her newfound distance with him - she, like Turner, thinks she is going to be viewed as guilty by association, even though he never discussed the idea with either of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

When did she give him that nickname?

She has nicknames for all of the HGs based on wordplay from their names.  Brittany is Litany.  Monte is Monstrosity.  I can't remember the rest.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

As a bonus, Michael and Brittany's position has gotten worse.  Turner, Terrance, Alyssa, Monte, and, yes, even Taylor have all agreed that they're the next targets if one of them wins the next HoH Competition.  Terrance's callout pretty much blew up Michael and Brittany's spots.

Tbh this is kinda hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Brittany & Terrance chatting in the BY - she's apologizing for not approaching Terrance yesterday directly to break the Kyle info to him instead of allowing Monte to volunteer himself to have that conversation.

More to come...

I didn’t see this posted before but it gives insight on how Terrance and Monte have chosen to handle K/M/B:

Michael was Turner’s target until he won the veto and Kyle’s contentious comments were brought to light by Michael and Brittany, who also find themselves in hot water with some of the houseguests. Some question the timing of their revelation and if it was a strategy.

After the meeting, Terrance shot some pool with Kyle and then spoke to Monte in one of the bedrooms about the situation Kyle finds himself in. He wondered if they should use the show as an opportunity to educate Kyle.

“I was just wracking my brain last night just about this whole situation, just everything and I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I am really thinking about the ramifications which will happen when he (Kyle) leaves. My thought process and you can correct me, us sending him away…Does that really change anything in his mind?” said Terrance to Monte.

“It doesn’t give him the opportunity to shift. My thought is would it be a better opportunity for him to stay and to grow, possibly progress his thought process? To give him the opportunity to change the stigma that he has,” said Terrance. “Kicking him out is the easy move. The harder move is to let him play the game. The problem I am having though with that process is Taylor is up against him. To me, that was a weirdo move by Mike to use the veto on Brittany.”

“We all saw that coming from a mile away though,” laughed Monte.

Terrance thought that Michael would have elected not used the veto and just fade into the background instead of possibly causing more waves.

“On top of that, Brittany hasn’t sat on the block for one eviction night. You do raise a valid point,” said Monte of Terrance wanting to “navigate all options even unpopular ones”.

Monte just wondered from a game perspective if they would be able to trust Kyle after everything that has happened.

“That is the only thing I struggle with. If it isn’t Michael how do I know it isn’t me based on the evidence I have seen thus far?” he said.

When Monte left Terrance alone, he spoke to the cameras, live feed viewers and his family.

“It has been an interesting 48 hours. I don’t know if I even want to talk about it. I just don’t know. I am trying to be progressive. I am trying to change the narrative. I just feel that if you do something different in a moment then you could see some kind of change,” said Terrance.

• Love 2

So last season we had the Cookout. The season Taylor and Terrance said they wouldn’t put up a black woman or something like that? Kyle was worried there might be a Cookout 2.0 and proposed a counter alliance and that makes him a racist? And Michael and Brittany are worse for not saying something sooner?

So it’s cool if there’s an all-POC alliance but suggesting the non-POC not repay the mistakes of last season’s houseguests and band together makes anyone who doesn’t immediately report it to the POC houseguests evil and racist? Is that what is going on?

Just now, Runningwild said:

So last season we had the Cookout. The season Taylor and Terrance said they wouldn’t put up a black woman or something like that? Kyle was worried there might be a Cookout 2.0 and proposed a counter alliance and that makes him a racist? And Michael and Brittany are worse for not saying something sooner?

So it’s cool if there’s an all-POC alliance but suggesting the non-POC not repay the mistakes of last season’s houseguests and band together makes anyone who doesn’t immediately report it to the POC houseguests evil and racist? Is that what is going on?

Not really.  The bigger issues are the way Kyle was using coded language to target the POC houseguests, as well as Michael & Brittany withholding that information until it suited their needs in the game.  If you can't see just how awful and problematic all of that is, that's on you.  

ETA - that Brittany/Terrance conversation was a whole bunch of nothing.  Terrance did protect Alyssa as best he could when Brittany asked him if Alyssa knew about the LOs when the Dyrefesters came back in the house last Thursday.

Now I'm onto listening to the Turner/Monte conversation.  There's absolutely NO way Monte is keeping Kyle in the house.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Uh, now that it's essential four vs. two in the next HoH Competition instead of the expected three vs. three, not really.  Nothing "meh" about it.

You’re right, it maybe the obvious shot to us but not to Taylor or Brittany if they win HoH and definitely not Michael. I can only see Monte Terrance and Alyssa wanting to level the playing field but I feel it’s a moot argument because Michael is playing for HoH and the only way he doesn’t win apparently is by divine or supreme BB intervention. 😏

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I meant four vs. two in that not even Taylor is a surefire loyal vote to Michael and Brittany anymore after Terrance blew up their spots.  It's essentially Terrance, Alyssa, Monte, and Taylor against Michael and Brittany when the next HoH Competition is played, because even Taylor agreed with the others that they need to be targeted next.

Taylor is also the most easily influenced of those four by Brittany & Michael.  

Monte & Terrance - for SURE will go for Michael, and I expect Alyssa will as well, but I don't have as strong a read on her as the others (mostly because I haven't watched her on the feeds much today - still not interested in mopey, dead showmance talk with Kyle).

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

If only "ignore" would also apply to quotes. 

When I go to ignore someone, it offers boxes to tick for posts, messages, and mentions, and I assume mentions means quotes that have the person's name still showing?  

After everything that has happened this week, can you imagine having Taylor, a Black woman and America’s BB sweetheart, on the block against Kyle, and Taylor goes home? 

Neither can I. And neither can Michael, which is why he left her there. (Also because he doesn’t want to risk sacrificing Brittany, but mostly because Taylor is insurance.) 

If Taylor goes home, the negative blowback will be intense. Against the HGs— and they have to know that— but also against the show and CBS. Which is why, if it comes to that, I think Grodner will issue a directed verdict and overturn the votes. (I’m only slightly kidding here.)

Kyle is leaving this week, no doubt about it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

Monte wanted Kyle to go home before the Cookout 2.0 reveal due to blowing up the leftovers. I really doubt after the last 24 hours he wants Kyle to stay.

He also wants Taylor in the game because he sees her as a number. He already started planting seeds about Michael to Taylor last week. 

If Brittany was on the block next to Kyle maybe Monte would keep Kyle since he isn't that close to her.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Zinger:  Kyle: 10 seconds for 10 CCs.  Alyssa's not in love.

@Lonesome Rhodes - If it’s any consolation, I got the reference.  😉

On 8/28/2022 at 4:42 PM, Callaphera said:

The only thing left on the bingo card is a house meeting. Do we dare hope?

Technically we’ve already glad one of those (Joseph’s group conversation at DyreFest), but HMs are like potato chips - nobody wants to stop at one.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:01 PM, Brian Cronin said:

[Kyle] seems like too egotistical to self-evict, but yeah, this is SO BAD for him (and, of course, it is all his own doing, so fuck him), that I think he might actually do it. 

I don’t think there’s any way Kyle would DOR, for the simple reason there’s no way in hell Production will let him; anybody DORing at this point would totally screw up the Jury head count.

18 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

You're right, she did. Neither one of them has any respect for boundaries -- personal or geographical geometrical. 

FTFY

• LOL 4