Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Houselift With Jeff Lewis - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Fortune is definitely also not D list celebrity. Even if she’s not mainstream, she’s made a name for herself in standup. 

oh, and those ARE Jeff’s natural lips. His addressed it several times. He’s pretty vocal about the work his had done (and will have done). 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/17/2022 at 5:51 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Wonder if he's still tight with Chaz Dean of Wen fame/infamy.  Chaz's home/salon appeared like it would be a 20-yr project, lol.

Edit - Quick search results indicate "no".

chaz-dean-former-friend-jeff-lewis

Jeff can be entertaining, but he seems to thrive on chaos in his relationships.  It’s unfortunate.  

I looked at multiple old photos of Jeff online and his lips appear substantially more pronounced lately.  

I just could not appreciate that podcast room.  I liked a couple of pieces, but overall I disliked it. I’m glad his client liked it.  I think I disliked the wallpaper so much that I could see passed it,  That tone of blue furniture wasn’t appealing either, imo.  Maybe, in a beach house. 

I liked the pool reno.  I’d like something over the grill to block sun, though.  That frog thing was wild.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)

Doing a 'renovation' of an office space (spare bedroom) like that podcast thingy just sort of screamed of contrived producer nonsense to me.  I mean, does one really need to involve a high dollar designer like JL for wallpaper, carpet, and a couple of chairs?  Not in my world.

I know.  It's not my world over <there.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Doing a 'renovation' of an office space (spare bedroom) like that podcast thingy just sort of screamed of contrived producer nonsense to me.  I mean, does one really need to involve a high dollar designer like JL for wallpaper, carpet, and a couple of chairs? 

I was taken aback when they introduced the project. It seemed like something any designer, or even a homeowner, could do.  Jeff also seemed a bit embarrassed. Such a big change from his earlier days of constantly flipping huge houses and making loads of money as a designer.

I have really enjoyed Fortune. I have not heard of her before, so her PR move is working!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Okay.  Hundreds of copulating frogs in the pool?  Forget hundreds, forget copulating, if I came out to my pool and there were two frogs in the pool (one has to assume this will be a repeated occurrence), I would be getting quotes on a glass, 6ft. high fence for the primeter of my pool.  Ideal? No.  Necessary?  Absofuckinglutely.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I agree the "podcast" room could have been done by anybody. Maybe they needed a project to fill some airtime and offered that to the couple for free if they would be on the show. 

The pool area looked nice. Maybe the frogs lost their mating pond area in the fire, so I'm glad they found a place to get busy. ...but what will the family do if they keep coming back! 

Regarding Jeff's lips, he fully admits to having permanent filler put in years ago, but claims most of it dissolved. 

• Love 2

Just found this show (loved his old one). When they were selecting paint for Melissa R's bathroom, it made me wonder... does Jeff still have a line of paint?

54 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Just found this show (loved his old one). When they were selecting paint for Melissa R's bathroom, it made me wonder... does Jeff still have a line of paint?

Hmm...good ?  I'm guessing no, or else there would have been much talk of it, right? 

(edited)

I had the impression that Gage was the business operations manager, and he was the true engine behind the paint line and I think also a collaboration with a furniture company? If I recall correctly, Jeff's behaviors sabotaged the furniture collaboration (I dimly recall he and the staff making fun of one of the managers.). I think when Gage left, all of that visioning and the structure to support growth vanished.

ETA: same thing with Ryan.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I agree the "podcast" room could have been done by anybody. Maybe they needed a project to fill some airtime and offered that to the couple for free if they would be on the show. 

The pool area looked nice. Maybe the frogs lost their mating pond area in the fire, so I'm glad they found a place to get busy. ...but what will the family do if they keep coming back! 

Regarding Jeff's lips, he fully admits to having permanent filler put in years ago, but claims most of it dissolved. 

That couple is thirsty and all over the internet.  They are an easy recruit. It is not about the project. It is about them. 

Edited by Showthyme
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Yeah, but that fire was several years ago.  I have no explanation for the frogs, though. Anyone see the movie Magnolia?  Lol

Warning!  This clip is from the movie and it has a lot of frogs! Can be disturbing.  At marker 1:35 the frogs land in the pool. 

• Love 2
On 7/17/2022 at 4:08 PM, howiveaddict said:

I've seen Fortune on a lot of things. Currently she is a supporting cast member of Kenan on NBC.  Hopefully they get a third season.

I would like for Jeff to have his good friend Shannon Beador on an episode.  She's on Real Housewives of Orange County.  I know Jeff can turn on someone like a dime, but I really like his shows.

I would not have recognized Mira, even though I've seen her in a few recent things. She looks a lot like Angela from The Office.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 7/17/2022 at 4:08 PM, pasdetrois said:

Mira was one of Harvey Weinstein's victims, I believe. She stated that he ruined her career by blackballing her. She did disappear after early promise as an actress. I loved her in "Romy and Michelle." She did have a recent role in the Monica Lewinsky production (played her mother).

Also, I seem remember hearing awhile back that winning an Oscar early in your career can actually make it difficult to establish a career as a steady working actor because SAG dictates how you have to be compensated as Oscar winner and projects that you would be well suited for otherwise just can't afford you.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

I just rewatched seasons 1-5 of Flipping Out. It's funny - after 10 years to increasingly crazy Real Housewives of ... shows, Jeff doesn't seem so bad!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I felt sad for Jeff's boy embryo. Anyone know if the girl embryo took?

His face when he got the phone call was the first time he seemed 'team's to me. I saw the utter pain in him. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It’s sad the transfer didn’t work.  Fortunately, for Jeff, he is financially able to afford whatever measures are needed to grow his family. I do find the casual conversation and comments about the embryos a little disturbing.  Just disrespectful to me.  

WHY plant large trees so close to the house?  I don’t get it.  I see it a lot.  I personally like the tree a little further from the house.  Actually, I prefer the before look of Anthony’s yard.  Sorry, Jeff.  Glad Anthony liked it.

I hope there’ll be another season.  I’ve read some of the cast from this season might not be around.  

Funny scene.  Did you notice the large sagging area in the seat of Jeff’s pants when he was walking on the balcony area of the rental house he was touring?  It’s just before Heather, the realtor, talks about nude sunbathing.   The pants appear 2 sizes too large in the seat. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I don’t understand why Jeff wanted all those trees chopped down a few episodes ago then he convinced Anthony to spend a lot of money to buy those big olive trees. If I were Anthony, I would have been asking Jeff what was wrong with all the existing trees that were free.

This episode was too much about Jeff’s personal life. I prefer more focus on design.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I love gnarly old olive trees, but I would have first tried to lower and sculpt the existing trees before killing them. It just makes me sad. Hope they didn't just do away with the olive tree that was damaged. 

I would totally watch another season if there is one. I guess it will depend on how popular this one is. Jeff seems way less tense and critical. He didn't even have fight or burn any bridges the whole season! Maybe being a father has taught him patience. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I doubt Jeff has changed very much.  He knows how to be appealing when he has to in order to accomplish his goals.  I enjoy his show, but he doesn’t fool me.  Lol. There aren’t many people around that he hasn’t  burned bridges with.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I am going back and forth on if Andrew is the same Andrew who worked for Jeffrey that made up a whole story, got overwhelmed, got banished but then I vaguely remember second chances happening. Is that the same Andrew that Jeffrey has on this show now and speaks highly about his work skills? He was brought in on the Anthony project.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I am going back and forth on if Andrew is the same Andrew who worked for Jeffrey that made up a whole story, got overwhelmed, got banished but then I vaguely remember second chances happening. Is that the same Andrew that Jeffrey has on this show now and speaks highly about his work skills? He was brought in on the Anthony project.

Yes, same Andrew (Coleman).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

@QQQQ He looks much better and seems to be in a good space now. I know others don’t see it but I see a lot of compassion and second chances in Jeffrey. The second chances come with boundaries and for sure a list to even get to the chances. My exception is that like above with the dry shampoo guy, he leans heavily on complete cut off if it regards Gage. 

Next question. It took me a while but I finally figured out that they are having a lot of fun working in product placements in this show. So far thinking back I know the robot lawnmower, Chik Fil’A, Farrow &Ball (or is that opposite?), Caesarstone, and the “dip is in the chip” chips (I can't remember the name, Tikakis? I have seen them in stores though). Also Carver sandwiches. I think it’s cool and funny. I listen to Chris Plante podcasts and he kind of does the same tongue in cheek promotions. He uses an over the top “radio announcer super professional voice” to show he is in on the joke.You can almost feel him winking at the end. My question is, am I imagining these product placements? This show is the first one to mock it and make it work.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Useful 1

I listen to Jeff’s show on Radio Andy (on Sirius XM). One thing I appreciate about him is that he is an open book on literally every topic in his life. His humor can be biting and sarcastic and catty, but you can hear the progress he’s made through therapy… he talks about regrets regarding some of his imploded personal relationships (like with Chaz) and accepts responsibility. 

Anyway, I’m not sure if some of these are spoilers because he discusses openly on his show… 

Amazon funds the renovations, so Melissa did not pay $150k out of her own pocket for that bathroom, which makes me roll my eyes even harder at the whole charity contributions thing. 

Spoiler

Bad news for Anthony and the olive trees… I believe even the replacement olive trees have died. I think 7 trees in total? That’s depressing. 

Jeff is taking a pause on implanting the third embryo.  

Edited by UMAngela
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, UMAngela said:

I listen to Jeff’s show on Radio Andy (on Sirius XM). One thing I appreciate about him is that he is an open book on literally every topic in his life. His humor can be biting and sarcastic and catty, but you can hear the progress he’s made through therapy… he talks about regrets regarding some of his imploded personal relationships (like with Chaz) and accepts responsibility. 

Anyway, I’m not sure if some of these are spoilers because he discusses openly on his show… 

Amazon funds the renovations, so Melissa did not pay $150k out of her own pocket for that bathroom, which makes me roll my eyes even harder at the whole charity contributions thing. 

Hide contents

Bad news for Anthony and the olive trees… I believe even the replacement olive trees have died. I think 7 trees in total? That’s depressing. 

Jeff is taking a pause on implanting the third embryo.  

So this is why my Amazon Prime membership fee keeps going up! Not cool.

I wonder how they set the budgets for the renovations. I think Mira’s deck/pool renovation was less than Melissa’s bathroom. I guess all the negotiating about the budget with Jeff was just acting? 

12 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

I guess all the negotiating about the budget with Jeff was just acting? 

Well that kind of explains why (in my opinion) the contractor just caved on every aspect of the budget with very little pushing. He likely had the final price negotiated ahead of time.

8 hours ago, UMAngela said:

Amazon funds the renovations

That's news.  What more do you know, and where did you read about it?  Inquiring minds...

I know the show streams on an Amazon service, but didnt know they funded the renos. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That's news.  What more do you know, and where did you read about it?  Inquiring minds...

I know the show streams on an Amazon service, but didnt know they funded the renos. 

All I know is what he’s said on the radio show… he had Melissa on as a guest and she was candid in that she did not pay for the bathroom, Amazon did. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

So, basically, Jeff gets paid through his Amazon FreeTV contract, and the "clients" get free materials and labor.  I wonder if Jeff's minions also got paid, or if many of them worked "for the exposure."

What is odd to me is that under ^these circumstances, I would think celebs would be clammoring to sign up.  Seems he usually has B or C list celebs.  Anthony Anderson would probably be an exception to that, but still.

It would explain why Jeff is often rather cavalier about the budgets, but doesn't explain why he was walking on eggshlls about MR's bathroom expenditures.  Thespianism, lol.

• Like 2
On 7/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Wonder if he's still tight with Chaz Dean of Wen fame/infamy.  Chaz's home/salon appeared like it would be a 20-yr project, lol.

Edit - Quick search results indicate "no".

chaz-dean-former-friend-jeff-lewis

Well THAT doesn't surprise me. JL is a drama queen and a huge A-hole. Always out for revenge. From Zoila to Jenni to Gage to Chaz. There's more but I've forgotten their names.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Well THAT doesn't surprise me. JL is a drama queen and a huge A-hole. Always out for revenge. From Zoila to Jenni to Gage to Chaz. There's more but I've forgotten their names.

He pretty much admitted on his recent WWHL apparance that he was responsible for blowing up all the relationships.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

He pretty much admitted on his recent WWHL apparance that he was responsible for blowing up all the relationships.

I think I saw that episode. Unfortunately he never does anything to better himself. He just keeps on being a dick. It's good for someone to admit to their mistakes and bad behavior but THAT alone, does not make you a better person. JMOO

• Love 3
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Zoila still works for him as a nanny so I think they are on good terms. The Jenni, Gage, and Chaz relationships all ended badly. I read an interview where Jeff said he and Ryan Brown are on good terms again. Jeff said he retired to reach out to Jenni, but she was not interested. 

His blow up with Chaz had something to do with Gage so that one might be permanent.

• Useful 2

Jeff strikes me as being the guy who will go to the mattresses with you because of some perceived slight, then show up 5 years later when he's over it and say "Hey, what's going on?" like nothing happened.

I've got a friend who engages in this behavior and its exhausting - at some point folks just give up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Glad I stumbled upon this yesterday - watched 4 episodes.  Where does Melissa live?  Jeff was very careful not to say the city - he only said exclusive beach community - Is that Malibu?  Also, very cool that Wilmar has the That 70's Show car in his driveway.  I never really was a Melissa fan while Joan was alive, now that the Queen is gone, I'm liking melissa (yeah she's obnoxious and all, but its all we have left from Joan)

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Glad I stumbled upon this yesterday - watched 4 episodes.  Where does Melissa live?  Jeff was very careful not to say the city - he only said exclusive beach community - Is that Malibu?  Also, very cool that Wilmar has the That 70's Show car in his driveway.  I never really was a Melissa fan while Joan was alive, now that the Queen is gone, I'm liking melissa (yeah she's obnoxious and all, but its all we have left from Joan)

Pacific Palisades?